• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Viability Ratings v2 | Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
I mean yeah, flip kick might even be reliable and back air works for sure. In my mind I was comparing to Falcon who can just dair and kill Ike out of it but maybe that's an unfair standard to set.
I don't think so.

Yoshi can soft toss egg to fair spike, can keep trying for it too unless ike recovers super high after a failure.

Sheik can needle anything but perfectly spaced low aether from pretty much anywhere on stage, challenge a well spaced one with grenade too.

Mario similarly with fludd/fireballs.

For all intents and purposes aether is a firefox that doesn't sweetspot, you can't angle it, and only has a front hitbox. And firefox is already very abusable.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Strong enough to truck almost any standard edgeguard attempt, but it's mostly on start-up, so they'd need to challenge it while going deep. Generally not worth it except with ledge drop bairs since he can stage spike you if you try to hit him up front.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
afaik Ike has armor until he jumps to grab his sword. don't know the strength of the armor though.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
I thought I'm being pretty fair to Link. Toon Link is higher than him because of bomb to fair/uair setups, higher speed, better rising aerials and a more potent kill throw. Link has some stuff over Toon Link like his ftilt which I only recently realized was one of the best tilts in the game because it's super safe on shield and kills at 120%-130% center stage. It's essentially an unpunishable, below average strength fsmash. Dtilt is also better than Toon Link's since it's very safe and has a lot of range and damage. TL has speed and combos, Link has range and damage, but ultimately TL works better in my opinion.
Link has more setups from Bombs than Toon Link does and dishes out more damage from said setups. While Toon Link has F-Air/U-Air setups, Link can set up from his bombs on opponents with ALL of his aerials, even B-Air and Spin Attack. Link also has far better combo setups than Toon Link, with Link being able to D-Throw > U-Tilt/U-Smash/U-Air, with the U-Air being able to kill reliably off of a good and quick double jump. Link's also a better character with his edge-rising (when you let go of a ledge, jump and use an attack to get back up) aerials with his F-Air, which leads to good shield poking.

If you play with Link too, you know that his N-Air dirty late hitbox will cause the opponent to tumble at certain damages into an untechable spot. This can allow Link to follow up with F-Tilt, Dash Attack or even F-Smash. Toon Link can't do the same thing with any of his aerials.

Link's got the better footsies game with the range, has the better edge-guarding game with multiple attacks, better combo game, kill game and arguably a better projectile and zoning game. I don't know why you believe Toon Link's better just because of mobility and some aerial setups, and even a kill throw, but he lacks the combo and kill potential that Link has.

Heck, Toon Link's aerials have more endlag and landing lag in general than Link's. That isn't good for a character with better mobility, that just hinders him. I believe Link's better than Toon Link, despite mobility problems, and Link can be a solid 'middle of the tier list' character.

LancerStaff LancerStaff It lasts frames 18-21 (seeing from KuroganeHammer), so I believe that's when Ike jumps and has the SA. And it's strong enough to defeat a lot of attacks (unless you land beside Warlock Punch).

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
I have to wonder how many characters we should all be edge guarding that we largely don't. Characters like Ike generally get away with recovering via Aether despite how allegedly free it is to hit him out of it. I think it's a comfort thing. I certainly don't recognize the timing for it in a match, and most of the time I'm anticipating his sword to shoot through the ledge and smack me for trying.

Among others, what about DK? He's always had a weak recovery in previous games, but how often does he get edge guarded in Smash 4? Is it easy? Is it feasible? We already know how to edge guard Fox, Falco, Ness, teleporters, etc. As the game goes on, players will likely start to hit very frame tight punishes on recoveries. The Ike stuff just made me think we should explore more of these. Are there any that are best left alone? Which should be free?

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
@Fox Is Openly Deceptive
What do you think? Radical Larry above apparently thinks Link is better then Tink in a lot of ways, I'm sure your a notable Tink or so, whatcha got to say about that? Is it true that Link as better combos and setups and possible zoning game?

hey_there

Smash Journeyman
I have to wonder how many characters we should all be edge guarding that we largely don't. Characters like Ike generally get away with recovering via Aether despite how allegedly free it is to hit him out of it. I think it's a comfort thing. I certainly don't recognize the timing for it in a match, and most of the time I'm anticipating his sword to shoot through the ledge and smack me for trying.

Among others, what about DK? He's always had a weak recovery in previous games, but how often does he get edge guarded in Smash 4? Is it easy? Is it feasible? We already know how to edge guard Fox, Falco, Ness, teleporters, etc. As the game goes on, players will likely start to hit very frame tight punishes on recoveries. The Ike stuff just made me think we should explore more of these. Are there any that are best left alone? Which should be free?
Mario's SJP is pretty easy to trade with multi-hit moves, usually resulting in him being soft-spiked and dying. Luigi cyclone, Wario dair, Doc tornado/dair, etc.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

It's definitely in your best interest to not go out and try to edgeguard Mewtwo even though he uses a teleport, since he has so much oomph in his recovery he can easily afford to wait and see if the opponent will try. If they do he can either teleport past them quickly and seize control of the stage or wait out their edge guarding attempt near the blastzone where all but the most proficient of recoveries (namely Villager) can afford to go, then counter their attempt with a rising bair (confusion lets him stall AND change orientation easily).

Falcon and Ganondorf have up bs that are probably the easiest to intercept due to their lacking distance and grab armour. Kirby and Jigglypuff are also fairly easy to harass despite multiple jumps due to the poor range of their aerials and in Kirby's case, poor speed.

Oh, and Wario's recovery is gimpable too if he loses bike and lacks a waft.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
It's definitely in your best interest to not go out and try to edgeguard Mewtwo even though he uses a teleport, since he has so much oomph in his recovery he can easily afford to wait and see if the opponent will try. If they do he can either teleport past them quickly and seize control of the stage or wait out their edge guarding attempt near the blastzone where all but the most proficient of recoveries (namely Villager) can afford to go, then counter their attempt with a rising bair (confusion lets him stall AND change orientation easily).

Falcon and Ganondorf have up bs that are probably the easiest to intercept due to their lacking distance and grab armour. Kirby and Jigglypuff are also fairly easy to harass despite multiple jumps due to the poor range of their aerials and in Kirby's case, poor speed.

I think Mewtwo's recovery is less exploitable in the traditional sense and more exploitable in the "my ledge options are all ****ed up sense." which is where you can really stick it to him. They could...probably stand to fix those. His recovery outside of ledge stuff? Yeah it's really solid and probably some of the best in the game, he EASILY has the best teleport in the game and the fastest way to insta-snap to ledge but the problem therein lies how his ledge options are. Just inherently so bad, I'm almost positive there were some bugs/faulty stuff with them that makes them worse than intended I believe?

Additionally to respond to your Mewtwo MU ratios posted way back, I don't think Doc loses to Mewtwo at all. It's probably even. Doc doesn't have a free way in (MU where Mewtwo can exercise his mobility) but Doc has the tools to box fairly effectively here and his reward compared to Mario in this MU is insane. Especially with Doc's new BS USmash and just his general damage and knockback per hit. He can't really trap Mewtwo but trading with stuff like Doc Bair or other normals is legitimately scary because of Mewtwo's weight, it's a thing in this matchup. In certain cases trading mobility for much more kill power to this level can be detrimental (and compared to Mario vs. M2 it kind of is) but when you factor in that it's Doc vs. the 2nd lightest in the game and his options to take stocks are very, VERY strong, it keeps the MU from being noticeably difficult, personally.

Last edited:

KirbySquad101

Smash Ace

Honestly, attempting to gimp Kirby off stage is a pretty bad idea given his multiple jumps and his d-air spike, along with his long lasting f-air.

Ness definitely feels like a high-risk/high reward for gimping.

Last edited:

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Honestly, attempting to gimp Kirby off stage is a pretty bad idea given his multiple jumps and his d-air spike, along with his long lasting f-air.
Nah, many characters have very low-risk edge guards on Ness. Pika T-jolt sniping, Wario bike throwing, various down B sniping, etc. Ness is only a high risk target if you decide you want to hit him with not-a-disjoint-or-projectile

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
A lot of characters get super free Ness gimps.

Most people get scared though.

Ike has super armor while the sword is not in his hand.

Frames 18-21.

Last edited:

KirbySquad101

Smash Ace
Nah, many characters have very low-risk edge guards on Ness. Pika T-jolt sniping, Wario bike throwing, various down B sniping, etc. Ness is only a high risk target if you decide you want to hit him with not-a-disjoint-or-projectile
I see.

What about R.O.B.'s recovery? He moves horribly slow using it, but I imagine he could use his projectiles to keep opponents away.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
I see.

What about R.O.B.'s recovery? He moves horribly slow using it, but I imagine he could use his projectiles to keep opponents away.
Rob recovery is super free if you force him low imo. It's simply an issue of keeping him off long enough, which is actually very easy with a read or two.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
If ROB can't get to the ledge, he has a very hard time getting back onto solid ground. Anyone with the ability to go out and attack ROB decently high up gets free percent/edgeguard on ROB until his fuel runs out. Ryo did this to 8bitman in their sets at Smash Till Dawn.

Also against Kirby, your best bet is to get the 2 frame, or pull the Anti-Ike and hit him from above.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I think Mewtwo's recovery is less exploitable in the traditional sense and more exploitable in the "my ledge options are all ****ed up sense." which is where you can really stick it to him. They could...probably stand to fix those. His recovery outside of ledge stuff? Yeah it's really solid and probably some of the best in the game, he EASILY has the best teleport in the game and the fastest way to insta-snap to ledge but the problem therein lies how his ledge options are. Just inherently so bad, I'm almost positive there were some bugs/faulty stuff with them that makes them worse than intended I believe?

Additionally to respond to your Mewtwo MU ratios posted way back, I don't think Doc loses to Mewtwo at all. It's probably even. Doc doesn't have a free way (MU where Mewtwo can exercise his mobility) but Doc has the tools to box fairly effectively here and his reward compared to Mario in this MU is insane. Especially with Doc's new BS USmash and just his general damage and knockback per hit. He can't really trap Mewtwo but trading with stuff like Doc Bair or other normals is legitimately scary because of Mewtwo's weight, it's a thing in this matchup.
While Mewtwo's standard ledge options may be mediocre, his true ace in the hole here is all the things he can do out of a ledge drop, like airdodge, attack, confusion to beat shield etc. And that's mentioning he can often bypass the ledge game entirely easily against certain characters, especially with a charged shadow ball as backup.

Against Doc, while it's true Mewtwo has to respect his options, they're rather easily avoided by simply not being reckless and spacing correctly. A well-played Mewtwo won't feel all that different to fighting a swordie with Doc, as he struggles to even get the trades you mention. He may cause more damage with single hits, but that's likely all he's going to get, while Mario can easily get more with his mobility causing much more damage overall.

Doc can't really edgeguard with Tornado at all either, or even get to play the ledge game often since he's so slow Mewtwo can often bypass it with little worry of having his landing pressured. Conversely, of course, Mewtwo has relatively little trouble gimping Doc with how deep he can go.

All in all, Doc pretty much can only really exercise his power and close-quarters speed if Mewtwo makes a mistake, whereas Mario has the mobility to exercise it often, and with relatively little pause, also letting him land HIS kill moves with greater ease (which includes things like dair, bair, and even his inferior usmash). The only question I have is if dthrow->fair is a thing, because otherwise Doc hardly seems to get anything meaningful from a grab against Mewtwo (except bthrow kills), not even positional advantage. You said as much by mentioning Doc couldn't trap Mewtwo.

Just keep in mind 40-60 for me means a solid advantage, but the losing character still does have things the winner should be wary of, like Ganondorf's sheer power or Kirby's amazing CQC. For Doc it's his meaty moves preventing Mewtwo from ever being reckless.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Are there any that are best left alone? Which should be free?
Teleports made from above the ledge are safe afaik. Everything else is fair game that I've seen. The better your offstage game the more likely it is in your favor to go for it as you'll be able to limit options that prelude recovery options.

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
This is the one that intrigued me the most. I can't see Diddy as anything but a great character, he's still taking names well after the nerf (and subsequent re-buff) to his kit. The fact that his meta advanced so quickly in the Hoo-Hah era is a big help. Even as a devoted Mario optimist, I don't think he has anything close to that.
What names has Diddy taken recently? Diddy's strongest solo main in NA, MVD, kind of bustered at the last two majors, BH5 and MLG. Zinoto also got a pretty mediocre placing at BH5 and didn't make any upsets. ZeRo is ZeRo, and also only chooses to play Diddy in a few select matchups. His performance may speak for the Diddy/Sheik and Diddy/ZSS matchups, but it doesn't say as much about Diddy's tournament viability. I'm also not aware of any significant reps he has in Europe or Japan (Kamemushi? Also plays Mega Man though).

I don't really follow locals or most regionals and I'm not sure what Angel Cortes has been up to, so I could definitely be missing a lot of results.

To me, Diddy's MU spread seems like Pit+. Not saying he loses or beats the same characters, just that it seems like he doesn't really dominate any significant characters to my knowledge, but all his MUs are winnable. His overall spread is better than Pit though. Of course I'm replying to a Pit expert so I could be eating my words shortly, lol.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
MVD makes some rather silly mistakes. If he fixed those mistakes he could be a top 8 threat. Zinoto doesn't travel due to school but still makes results. BH5 was a slow point but right before that at Rebirth V, which was a really big regional he got 2nd.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
You're all taking about aether. I'm still hung up on how difficult it is to hit an Ike recovering with quick draw. That's his real recovery move as far as I'm concerned.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Here's something I discovered about Ness's PK Thunder 2. Since it doesn't pass through enemies like Lucas', you can gimp him by just jumping into his path and cutting him short. This is undeniably risky though. It might require a tech to avoid getting stage spiked, and it's best with characters like Donkey Kong.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
You're all taking about aether. I'm still hung up on how difficult it is to hit an Ike recovering with quick draw. That's his real recovery move as far as I'm concerned.
Because we choose where we recovery, unlike Brawl where you could force him to recover somewhere.

Battlefield compounds the problem for the opponent. Now we have upwards to 5 choices depending on launch height.

All of which we can auto cancel.

Ban BF against Ike.

Btw that...uhh.. tech option about Ness PK2?

Been done.

Forever.

Last edited:

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
The fact stands though no solo diddy mains are placing too well. Solo mario and even ikes are outplacing them at this point in time.

Also if it means anything, the top 3 players of the Philippines use mario.

Last edited:

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Real talk: as a Pika main, I've labbed it out, and if you learn the hitbox extension timing on QA you can **** his recovery up. Learn it.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
@Fox Is Openly Deceptive
What do you think? Radical Larry above apparently thinks Link is better then Tink in a lot of ways, I'm sure your a notable Tink or so, whatcha got to say about that? Is it true that Link as better combos and setups and possible zoning game?
Link has combo setups from bombs in many ways compared to Tink, and has more Boomerang setups as well; again, Tink's most reliable setups are in his F-Air and U-Air from Bomb, while Link's most reliable ones come from any of his aerials. Link's N-Air, like I said, is very well done in terms of how it can connect to other attacks, including itself. His B-Air can link into itself, U-Tilt to U-Smash, D-Throw to any of his up attacks (even Spin Attack on a good air dodge read). There's more potential for successful combos for Link than Toon Link. There's one answer.

Can Toon Link combo from F-Air > F-Air? B-Air > B-Air? U-Air > U-Smash? I know quite a bit of Toon Link since I actually do play him well, and Toon Link often cannot get these. And he's heavily hindered by the Rage effect, unlike Link, who isn't really hindered at all. In fact, Rage allows Link to have a better time to KO opponents while retaining his combo game.

NachoOfCheese

Smash Ace
NNID
NachoOfCheese

Ness definitely feels like a high-risk/high reward for gimping.
I disagree. Kirby doesn't have great range on those moves and disjointed moves such as Marth's Fair just straight out beat any move Kirby has. Attempting to gimp Kirby offstage is a great idea.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
I disagree. Kirby doesn't have great range on those moves and disjointed moves such as Marth's Fair just straight out beat any move Kirby has. Attempting to gimp Kirby offstage is a great idea.
Depends on what you have and stuff.
You definitely want to be above Kirby when edge guarding him, but because of his good recovery he won't really have to recover low much if at all, being beside him is slightly riskier if you were to miss a move, but being below him is dangerous.
It mostly depends on your tools, if you got quick and safe dis joints, go for it, but if you have a rather mediocre recovery yourself and can't go out far, don't try too much.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
This is actually something I've been wondering for a while. How does the hitbox extension work and how can it be abused?
Visual representation here: https://twitter.com/AeroZSS/status/648159888003190785

IIRC, it always happens at the same point during the move, and is a two frame vulnerability. You can abuse it by punishing really really really hard any time pika QAs below you. I'll write more later.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
While Mewtwo's standard ledge options may be mediocre, his true ace in the hole here is all the things he can do out of a ledge drop, like airdodge, attack, confusion to beat shield etc. And that's mentioning he can often bypass the ledge game entirely easily against certain characters, especially with a charged shadow ball as backup.

Against Doc, while it's true Mewtwo has to respect his options, they're rather easily avoided by simply not being reckless and spacing correctly. A well-played Mewtwo won't feel all that different to fighting a swordie with Doc, as he struggles to even get the trades you mention. He may cause more damage with single hits, but that's likely all he's going to get, while Mario can easily get more with his mobility causing much more damage overall.

Doc can't really edgeguard with Tornado at all either, or even get to play the ledge game often since he's so slow Mewtwo can often bypass it with little worry of having his landing pressured. Conversely, of course, Mewtwo has relatively little trouble gimping Doc with how deep he can go.

All in all, Doc pretty much can only really exercise his power and close-quarters speed if Mewtwo makes a mistake, whereas Mario has the mobility to exercise it often, and with relatively little pause, also letting him land HIS kill moves with greater ease (which includes things like dair, bair, and even his inferior usmash). The only question I have is if dthrow->fair is a thing, because otherwise Doc hardly seems to get anything meaningful from a grab against Mewtwo (except bthrow kills), not even positional advantage. You said as much by mentioning Doc couldn't trap Mewtwo.

Just keep in mind 40-60 for me means a solid advantage, but the losing character still does have things the winner should be wary of, like Ganondorf's sheer power or Kirby's amazing CQC. For Doc it's his meaty moves preventing Mewtwo from ever being reckless.
Doc can cover Mewtwo at the ledge pretty sparingly with a well placed USmash given Mewtwo's incredibly limited and messed up ledge actions. Because Doc's Usmash hits so far in front of him he can cover a lot of ledge options pretty flexibly with it and also avoid standing in an area where's he's especially vulnerable. I don't tend to do ledge play near Mewtwo because I can kill him easily on-stage with a Bair or a trade which aren't hard to nab.

Doc doesn't have to edgeguard to kill Mewtwo like, at all. USmash is an incredible anti air that he can just throw out while moving forward. On-stage trades can kill him, B-Throw, etc... additionally on-stage use of Tornado is quite effective but I don't see it as pivotal in this matchup

Also it's not like fighting a swordie at all because Mewtwo's best spacing moves are either about as fast as (in the case of like, Dtilt) or slower than someone like Marth, who I think is exponentially harder because of many reasons including a better range game and much better disjoints comparatively in the grand scheme + insanely more reward. It is entirely risk vs. reward. Doc can **** up so much more in this MU than Mewtwo can and honestly that's why I think it's hard to believe it is favorable for Mewtwo. It's not like fighting a sword character at all, really. I've settled on it as even because I don't think Mewtwo has the tools to actually dominate or hold a statistical advantage in this matchup based on his incredibly skewed risk vs. reward.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
This is actually something I've been wondering for a while. How does the hitbox extension work and how can it be abused?
When Pikachu uses Quick Attack, he sort of "pancakes" after each dash which stretches out his vertical hurtbox substantially, letting you hit him by putting hitboxes above or below where he's headed.

Last edited:

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Precisely. And literally no one does it, so if you wanna beat a pikachu by surprise....

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Link has combo setups from bombs in many ways compared to Tink, and has more Boomerang setups as well; again, Tink's most reliable setups are in his F-Air and U-Air from Bomb, while Link's most reliable ones come from any of his aerials. Link's N-Air, like I said, is very well done in terms of how it can connect to other attacks, including itself. His B-Air can link into itself, U-Tilt to U-Smash, D-Throw to any of his up attacks (even Spin Attack on a good air dodge read). There's more potential for successful combos for Link than Toon Link. There's one answer.

Can Toon Link combo from F-Air > F-Air? B-Air > B-Air? U-Air > U-Smash? I know quite a bit of Toon Link since I actually do play him well, and Toon Link often cannot get these. And he's heavily hindered by the Rage effect, unlike Link, who isn't really hindered at all. In fact, Rage allows Link to have a better time to KO opponents while retaining his combo game.
The biggest thing in this debate is that no matter what, Tink's set-ups are way more reliable to the point that there's a very small chance to no chance at all of escaping if done correctly. His F-air is an extremely powerful kill move that is guaranteed after a bomb or Boomerang hit. Same with U-air.

I personally prefer Link for many reasons so I try my best to keep bias out of it but at the same level I feel that both are just about even. In the end Link is definitely a good character but Toon Link MAY be slightly better overall for his maneuverability and ability to get confirms with his projectlies but only time will tell. In my opinion there are many things that hinder Tink just as much as Link, and Link's biggest problem used to be the shield.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Doc can cover Mewtwo at the ledge pretty sparingly with a well placed USmash given Mewtwo's incredibly limited and messed up ledge actions. Because Doc's Usmash hits so far in front of him he can cover a lot of ledge options pretty flexibly with it and also avoid standing in an area where's he's especially vulnerable. I don't tend to do ledge play near Mewtwo because I can kill him easily on-stage with a Bair or a trade which aren't hard to nab.

Doc doesn't have to edgeguard to kill Mewtwo like, at all. USmash is an incredible anti air that he can just throw out while moving forward. On-stage trades can kill him, B-Throw, etc... additionally on-stage use of Tornado is quite effective but I don't see it as pivotal in this matchup

Also it's not like fighting a swordie at all because Mewtwo's best spacing moves are either about as fast as (in the case of like, Dtilt) or slower than someone like Marth, who I think is exponentially harder because of many reasons including a better range game and much better disjoints comparatively in the grand scheme + insanely more reward. It is entirely risk vs. reward. Doc can **** up so much more in this MU than Mewtwo can and honestly that's why I think it's hard to believe it is favorable for Mewtwo. It's not like fighting a sword character at all, really. I've settled on it as even because I don't think Mewtwo has the tools to actually dominate or hold a statistical advantage in this matchup based on his incredibly skewed risk vs. reward.
...You know you just ignored the entire paragraph describing what Mewtwo can do out of a ledgedrop and how it helps compensate for his other ledge options right? Well, here's another: reorienting away from the stage to attack with a spaced bair.

Of course I know usmash is fantastic anti-air, but no sane Mewtwo who knows anything about the Mario Bros. is going to just jump at Doc. In fact, I can't think of a single scenario where Mewtwo has no choice but to contend with it, or any other challenge scenario. Doc just doesn't have the range or mobility to exert that kind of pressure. Contrast with Ryu who has good ranged, strong footsies combined with decent mobility that can restrict Mewtwo's options.

Yes, Mewtwo has the tools to hold an advantage. It's called being super lame and never committing to anything unsafe while running circles around Doc. Really, if Mewtwo finds himself in a situation he doesn't like there's little stopping him from simply slipping awayo seize the advantage later by charging Shadow Ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom