• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGD: Dr. Shrunk Says be Happy!!

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Pound in smash 4 in General doesnt carry you forward.

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
So the new patch is out! Anybody notice any changes to our beloved Villager?

zeezee

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-0319-8479
Did you guys see Zinoto's play yesterday? Holy crap! He was pretty amazing, and the dude doesn't even main villager, he mains Diddy Kong lmao. There's gonna be a looooot of pocket villagers in the near future, I can feel it now.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071

Player-1

Smash Legend
So when I was playing on Lylat I managed to some how cancel my grab mid animation twice and IDK how I did it. Possibly because of the slopes.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
I was ****ing around trying to dacus even tho it doesn't exist anymore, ended up canceling my dash attack with grab, couldn't consistently do it tho. same inputs tho.

Hong

The Strongest
Sometimes I think back to all my hours with the e3 build earlier this year.

Remember when Lloid Rocket was nigh-indestructible during its journey?

In hindsight, it was probably changed for a very good reason.:4villagerf:

They changed it from being indestructible to being exploded by literallyfiguratively anything ;_;7

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
They changed it from being indestructible to being exploded by literallyfiguratively anything ;_;7
Ha ha. Tell me about it. My training partner is a Luigi main and even the most ingenious Lloid gets snuffed out by a Fireball. ;~;

My philosophy when it comes to multiplayer game design is it's good if everyone is broken in their own way, and to give characters very extreme, distinct advantages that keeps them valuable. In this circumstance, I imagine it was changed maybe not because it was too powerful, but because even now the Villager player can camp for days and it probably slowed gameplay down in an already sometimes slow game.

Thankfully even now Lloid Rocket feels like a reason for playing Villager. :4villagerf:

Pushy Lloid's pretty resilient though, probably its greatest asset.
Pushy Lloid and standard actually both have 12% HP, but the issue is that nearly every projectile activates standards "explode regardless of HP" flag, whereas Pushy Lloid has no such fuction and will only explode prematurely upon losing all of its HP

Pretty sure Rising lloid is the same as standard aside from the higher damage output and flight path

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Pushy Lloid and standard actually both have 12% HP, but the issue is that nearly every projectile activates standards "explode regardless of HP" flag, whereas Pushy Lloid has no such fuction and will only explode prematurely upon losing all of its HP

Pretty sure Rising lloid is the same as standard aside from the higher damage output and flight path
Didn't actually know this. I guess that when Lloid explodes before setting off is when it takes 12% damage them. Good to know.

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
So does anybody have any set edgeguarding technique they use? Or do y'all mix it up all the time? I've been experimenting with wall jumps and such in training, but not sure how well it would work in a real match. I think this is something we really need to get down pat in order to stay ahead of everybody else.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
i generally plant a tree, or charge an f smash.

other wise, ill chase off with fairs, dairs, and nairs. and lloids.
sometimes a dash attack as a mix-up, but you really need to snipe with that one.

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Hey pot snipes are hype am I right?

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
One of the best things is adding insult to injury, by dropping a bowling ball on someone in helpless state after they missed the ledge.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I got 3rd in a tournament recently, the crowd went crazy everytime I landed an offstage fsmash

Aerilate.

Smash Rookie
NNID
Aerilate
Scare opponents out of recovering high via Lloid, FAirs, BAirs, etc. and punish low recoveries with Timber, NAir and FSmash. I'm trying to find a way to use the watering can as an effective edgeguard tool (barring on Ness and Little Mac), but the snappable-ledge mechanics make it hard.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
against ness you can just pocket the pk thunder and they end up helpless.

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Is the watering can effective against Link or Toon Link's recovery at all?

Aerilate.

Smash Rookie
NNID
Aerilate
If they don't sweetspot the ledge, it's good at pushing opponents away from ledge grab range while they're in helpless. Against recoveries themselves, I haven't tested them enough.

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
I love using the watering can against Little Mac. It's so enjoyable to watch people die from a watering can.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Is Villager's up smash glitch known?

Get hit with Mii Gunner's grenade during upsmash. Pretty funny when it happened during a doubles match and I was the Mii Gunner.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Is Villager's up smash glitch known?

Get hit with Mii Gunner's grenade during upsmash. Pretty funny when it happened during a doubles match and I was the Mii Gunner.
lol what the heck? why are the cpu villagers just jumping?

unsung-unit2291

Smash Cadet
GUYZ VILLAGER HAS AN INF HEALTH COMBO GG.

So I dont kniw if anyone else has seen this, but I just grew a cherry tree- when I cut the tree down, a cherry came out, healing me 1%.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
the tree will randomly spawn a fruit tree, but the wood chip is more common and in an actual match, spamming tree just to get the fruit isnt worth the health gain.
GUYZ VILLAGER HAS AN INF HEALTH COMBO GG.

So I dont kniw if anyone else has seen this, but I just grew a cherry tree- when I cut the tree down, a cherry came out, healing me 1%.

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
Fruits are so rare for the trees, I've only ever gotten like 4. Has anybody ever got a maximum tomato from a tree yet? I remember it was discovered you can get them a while ago.

Dissent

Bananaman Formerly Known As Sails
NNID
dotDissent
Hey there Murabitistas, I figured I'd drop you a potted plant tip. Your character has an interesting ILHC when pivoted (And less interesting when not)!

:4villager: Side+B towards the stage will launch a floor level Lloid. Pivoting this will put Villager on the stage instantly and launch the Lloid off-stage.

If you do an instant pivot of Lloid from ledge hop (Pivoted Instant Ledge-Hop Cancel), you'll instantly snap on to the stage and proceed to shoot a rocket off-stage. This has some potential edge guarding use in my head, so I wanted to bring it right to your unfurnished and loan-shark owned home for your enjoyment :)

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Hey there Murabitistas, I figured I'd drop you a potted plant tip. Your character has an interesting ILHC when pivoted (And less interesting when not)!

:4villager: Side+B towards the stage will launch a floor level Lloid. Pivoting this will put Villager on the stage instantly and launch the Lloid off-stage.

If you do an instant pivot of Lloid from ledge hop (Pivoted Instant Ledge-Hop Cancel), you'll instantly snap on to the stage and proceed to shoot a rocket off-stage. This has some potential edge guarding use in my head, so I wanted to bring it right to your unfurnished and loan-shark owned home for your enjoyment :)
Thank you kind monkey main. I hate to break it to you, but we will still not be giving you those bananas back any time soon. We will need a LOT more before that happens. :D

Fruits are so rare for the trees, I've only ever gotten like 4. Has anybody ever got a maximum tomato from a tree yet? I remember it was discovered you can get them a while ago.
There's only about a 1% chance you'll get fruit. I remember the Maxim Tomato thing too but in all the trees I've chopped I've never gotten one. Then again the guy posted an image of the tomato in the Sandbag stage so it might be legit?

Which thread is it? I just looked through the board and just saw the threads i saw a while ago. But just link me to it and ill check it out

Top Bottom