• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VENGEANCE Results - April 7th, 2012 - Cincinnati, OH

Radium88

Smash Lord
Biggest issue was starting singles before doubles was finished. Doubles was put on one setup when three matches could be played simultaneously. If they had waited for one more round of matches, we'd have been able to have losers finals and then winners finals and been done. But since there were five matches left on one station, it resulted in an artificial bottleneck. This became much worse when someone told people to play their singles matches, resulting in every match being delayed for an entire singles set to finish. On top of all this, Kel and I were called to play MJG and Kain when we were supposed to be playing someone else and played the first two games of the set before the other team came up to play us.

TL;DR, don't tell people in doubles to play singles while doubles is going on, reserve setups for doubles that = the exact amount of matches that can be played at the same time. Profit.

The amateur bracket I thought was a really good idea.

I didn't like singles pools before doubles, but it did run better on time I guess.
I think the same efficacy has been duplicated with the usual doubles before pools pattern, though. The only plus side for pools first is the higher probability that AM could be administered earlier but in reality, it will still coincide with Singles. But seeing as there was a tv limitation, I don't see how it would be a problem in either cases. Doubles before pools gives the opportunity for players in that bracket to keep going with the matches, especially since pools were split. It was pretty efficient because the first half of the pools were being entered into the computer and 1/2 of whom were top three were figured out already.

The comment about doubles being left on one tv was due to putting a priority for livestream over getting **** done. Just pick one match for the livestream and the rest should just play it out. Put the others on a recording station instead.

TBH, it was just a lack of authority. Players have to play their matches and if they need a break, put another match on the set-up and if there are no more matches, put a time limit on that break. Players should have a bit more responsibility as well, if they are going somewhere, a TO MUST be told so that TOs aren't going around looking for them and asking people to text them to come back and also things can be determined if they have time to go somewhere for more than a minute. But if that isn't the case, then sucks for the player's lack of responsibility and their absence just needs to be timed.

Edit: And I'm not pointing fingers because I've definitely am guilty of the lack of authority; it's just what is apparent at most tournaments.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
1: Ally ($379.20)
2: Kain ($173.80) ggs, next time will be harder
3: MJG ($110.60) same ^, plus epic mission to McDonalds.
4: Fino #JetSkis #RIP #NeverForget ($63.20) Feel bad for the bull**** on game 2. But ggs regardless.
5: Reflex ($31.60) I enjoy watching your Wario like I told you at the venue, amazing, just would of liked seeing your PT
5: Logic ($31.60) Thanks for teaming, we did great for our first time. lol
7: Luckay good job I liked ur team with Krystedez, good job with placing
7: Krystedez ^
9: DeLux no play -_-
9: Player-1 lol FOOL! Falco is 1/2 of my power! ggs
9: Roller beSS in MI. Awesome week and everything, hope to see you saturday again =) ****ing troll.
9: DRN ggs in dubs.
13: Judo
13: Alphazealot nice Hi lol.
13: DLA ggs, you did good but its still Snake vs Ganon.
13: SneakyTako Damn you whooped me in Windjammers, I am completly mindcrushed
17: Zeton We no play x.x sorry
17: Dyno no talk?
17: MX ur mindgames are awesome!
17: Legan nice finishing aliens vs predator, KAIIIIIINNNN!
17: Fizzle no talk
17: FAE ggs in teams, hardest thing we fought i think
17: Zinoto don't worry you'll get better, hope you enjoyed the experience.
17: Technical_Chase basically roller shoutout but in a black way.
25: Hadesblade no talk
25: FF Ori_bro nice seeing you haha!
25: Ralph Cecil ggs
25: Bpow your wario is amazing, did work in doubles. get good in singles now!
25: WTP basically roller's + Tech's except in a white way. also fu guys for getting glasses at steakn shake
25: Overswarm Nice seeing you haha, ROB's free though
25: Light no talk
25: EddieG haha niice seeing you. thanks for being my original ride lol
33: Mister Eric nice seeing you
33: Chris4ever
33: Kel nice seeing you too
33: Spec
33: Clowsui thanks for hosting, housing and giving us the most reasons to hate OH state. to think we could of gotten a (Dead) Ally and a (Dead) MJG in top 3 ;D
33: Zyth smashfest lol ggs
33: Crash
33: Nope nice seeing you old skool
33: Bonds
33: Tmacc
33: Dooms
33: Scythe
33: KassandraNova Ty for marveling, we know we both llove footdives, i mean that foot is just so magnificient
33: Ryker
33: Luminoth64
33: Sovereign ggs in dubs

MI state: Man wonderful times were given, this state may be the chillest of all and the gayest :D. I'll see you guys this weekend hopefully.

OH State: the State is ***, diluted Alcohol is ***, just ***. There was more reasons but I forgot them, ***.

Any other State, you are better than OH.

anyone i missed cuz u aint in the single results, sorry, I'm lazy =(

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Singles Bracket

1: Ally ($379.20) - Gratz on winning everything and thanks for being fun to be in a car with. YoOoO!

2: Kain ($173.80) - Good **** yo.

3: MJG ($110.60) - See above. Sleeping bag. Swag.

4: Fino #JetSkis #RIP #NeverForget ($63.20) - Hey sexy. :yeahboi:

5: Reflex ($31.60) - I ****ing had you! Lmao GGs in doubles yo. Im glad, I finally got to play you in something.

7: Luckay - Dat team name. :denzel: Nice to finally play you too. Good stuff in both events...that WoI + Bike **** is hella broken.

7: Krystedez - GGs in doubles yo. I'll get you at you next time in singles when I'm not being blown up by ROBs. :bee:

9: DeLux - Impressive job in doubles. I was pretty impressed with you and FAE. Oh and re-teach me ICs.

9: Player-1 - The whitest little mutha....

9: Roller - Nice job at this. You've inspired me to step my game up. Hope we can chill once more before you go back the land that is infinitely better than MI.

9: DRN GGs. I need more ZSS experience. You're pretty legit though. I was impressed with you making me look like a combo video lmao.

13: Judo - GGs, I'm glad I didn't get totally bodied this time during our set.

13: Alphazealot - Pit is broken. I feel your pain.

13: DLA - ICs are broken. I feel your pain. Sadface at not really talking to you this time.

13: SneakyTako - Come back to MI and get that *** blown up. We'll be ready :bee: Good stuff this weekend though.

17: Zeton - Didn't get to talk to you this time. Sadface.

17: Dyno - I wanted to play you and CG across many stages. Sadface.

17: Fizzle - You live! Nice to see you again.

17: FAE - Great job in doubles. That Lucas is so legit.

17: Zinoto - Don't worry about this one. Just learn from it and move forward. You're a fantastic player who will continue to grow and conquer new horizons. Plus you're blacker and better than P1 so you're already in the right direction. :yeahboi:

17: Technical_Chase - The luckiest D3 in the country.

25: Hadesblade - Expected more from you. Nice to see you again though.

25: FF Ori_bro - Shoulda had Hades.

25: Ralph Cecil - Ike is scary. I know this first hand.

25: Bpow - How the hell did you end up this low??

25: WTP - I love you for pulling a Tech and taking out Kass.

25: Overswarm - GGs and thanks for the MU advice. You're very smart and I harbor no ill will losing to you. Next time I'll be ready for you though. :bee:

25: EddieG - Pretty much said what I needed to say you back in the MI thread. But GGs...(lmao at the conclusion) and thanks for being a **** teammate. We're doing it again soon!

33: Mister Eric - GGs in dubs baby.

33: Chris4ever - Ike is ****ing scary. I hope we never play lmao.

33: Kel - Good stuff in doubles. I saw your set with Fizzle...lmao.

33: Spec - GGs, you surprised me.

33: Clowsui - Thanks for hosting and the housing, Chi. You're always Honorary MI in my book homie. Also, get to work on your mindset and fundamentals if you don't want to get 4-0ed by me again. You have potential but you put too much pressure on yourself and it causes you to gradually fall apart during matches when things don't go your way. If you ever want to talk about the psychology of the game...holler at me. :)

33: Zyth - Get blown up by Reflex. :denzel:

33: Nope - I'll be waiting for the next Nope's yo!

33: Tmacc - Heard you weren't feeling it today. You'll do better next time.

33: KassandraNova - GGs in doubles.

33: Luminoth64 - SO SALTY we didn't play :( At Pingas though...there will be no escape. :denzel:

33: Sovereign - Wish we could have talked more, I really miss you. Even if it was brief it was really nice seeing you again!

2: Papa Z ($13.2) - GGs and sorry we didn't get to MM. Sucks what happened in pools.

3: ShadowPhoenix - Nice to see you again.

5: TheKiest ($2.4) - Making them big boy bucks.

5: Hoboz ($2.4) - Gifts is gonna body you next time. :denzel:

9: Gifts - :kirby2:

13: JTsm - Pingas!

17: DtJ Composer - GGs baby girl. Those dittos...lmao.

25: Betadyne - I think you're a better player than this tbh. It was nice meeting and playing you. That Wolf has some swag with those Side-B tricksies.

25: DtJ Dextersquaid - Nice talking to you again.

Seagull Joe- You were supposed to teach me stuff!!!!!

Kentucky - Stay free and scared to crew battle MI. :yeahboi:

Ohio - Your state ****ing sucks. Bad radio station. Diluted liquor. Roads that are like spaghetti. Some of y'all are cool but the state itself...lmao.

Bionic - Thanks for letting me commentate!

Hilt- Great job being on top of everything.

****ING DIED AT ALLY's SHOUTOUT to Ohio!! LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO

BetaDyne

Smash Cadet
Yo Tech Chase preciate it man. At least people realize I'm not garbage, promise I'll do better at the next one to prove that point.

Fun as hell playing you man, even being a Wolf player I gotta say I'm starting to like fighting D3

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
Yo Tech Chase preciate it man. At least people realize I'm not garbage, promise I'll do better at the next one to prove that point.

Fun as hell playing you man, even being a Wolf player I gotta say I'm starting to like fighting D3
You'll unlike it someday. XD But really, you've got a ton of potential man. Keep it up!

@Tech: Man we have to drive 20 minutes to KY if we want any liquor after ten that's over 42 proof. >_>

It's not actually diluted. It's just you can't find much in terms of liquor stores around the Cincinnati area other than Kroger. And most of those don't have a good selection. There is a place called Party Source right outside Cincy, but that's it in terms of late night liquor. XD

:phone:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
:wolf: is broken as long as :dedede: isn't in existence.

Don't know why people always hype up :fox: when he is hard countered by like eryone.

:018:

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Yo he's dedicated to the game son play through the pain.

Shoutouts to Ori the bro for bein' chill and mad cute :embarrass:
Shoutouts to Roller because I always mean to hang with him but he's always busy getting better at brawl and ****.
Shoutouts to Crash and Diego for being my fighting game buddies (shoutouts to Pocket Fighter for being the best fighting game of all time)

Shoutouts to shoutouts baby #esports #RIPFino #JetSkis4lyfe

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I meant to reply to you earlier and forgot. XD Hades loses to Kain by your own logic. D3 is his secondary. :p On top of it, they're on different levels.

Hades does always lose to Kain with his main or secondary. Secondary :dedede:'s won't beat :wolf: mains. Too much effort.

Secondary :pikachu2:'s, :sheik:'s, and :popo: can still beat :fox: mains...:fox: also loses to :kirby2:, :diddy:, :olimar:, and :marth: at least -1 or -2. I personally think :diddy: and :olimar: are -2 based on results and theory. People just have problems accepting what a "counter" actually is.

:018:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology

No problem. I hope we can play again soon! I go to every Cinci tournament though so chances are we will. I think you have potential for sure. You just need some better reads and better fundamentals to go with that tech skill and you'll be golden.

You'll unlike it someday. XD But really, you've got a ton of potential man. Keep it up!

@Tech: Man we have to drive 20 minutes to KY if we want any liquor after ten that's over 42 proof. >_>

It's not actually diluted. It's just you can't find much in terms of liquor stores around the Cincinnati area other than Kroger. And most of those don't have a good selection. There is a place called Party Source right outside Cincy, but that's it in terms of late night liquor. XD

WOWWWWW I could never live in Ohio.

BetaDyne

Smash Cadet
I know how bad the match up is, I'm just beginning to understand it. Or at least what has to be done on my part.

I plan on making it out of pools next time and also not being sick.

Btw I'll bring the drinks next time, OH gotta step their drink game up son

JTsm

Smash Master
Yo shoutouts to Reflex for not bleeding on my controller. I'm afraid he would "loosen up" my controller though after playing Zyth and FAE. lol.

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
The alcohol must be a Cincy area thing.... lol lame!!!!. We got the real **** up here in North East Ohio for sure though.
Also, Ohio has the number 1 party school in the nation. P.S. it isn't
The Ohio State University either.... :embarrass:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I don't know what's up with that controller, though. The buttons on my controller feel much smoother, and I can mash a ton without any problems.

Shoutouts to Ryker for accidentally borrowing my controller for the entirety of the trip. :p

JTsm

Smash Master
Last hate:

A horse was found dead as we passed through a farm with a bunch of horses, he definatly understood our complain and decided to end his life.
-dead-

Jiffyboob - what a garbage school that is anyway. GO BLUE!!!

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
-dead-

Jiffyboob - what a garbage school that is anyway. GO BLUE!!!
OSU is definitely overhyped. Can't jump on board with the "go blue" part though lol.

Everyone should keep their eyes peeled for the NE Ohio tourney that we're planning. I'll probably be spamming the **** out of it though when the plans are finalized. :)

Player-3

Smash Hero
I don't know what's up with that controller, though. The buttons on my controller feel much smoother, and I can mash a ton without any problems.

Shoutouts to Ryker for accidentally borrowing my controller for the entirety of the trip. :p
i made it that way to limit my full power

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
OSU is definitely overhyped. Can't jump on board with the "go blue" part though lol.

Everyone should keep their eyes peeled for the NE Ohio tourney that we're planning. I'll probably be spamming the **** out of it though when the plans are finalized. :)
Shoot me a vm or pm when you have it finalized. I'd probably be down to go.

Kirikou Rung

Smash Apprentice
1: Ally ($379.20) :snake:
2: Kain ($173.80) :wolf:
3: MJG ($110.60) :toonlink:
4: Fino #JetSkis #RIP #NeverForget ($63.20) :olimar: ?
5: Reflex ($31.60) :wario: / :pt:
5: Logic ($31.60) :olimar:
7: Luckay :pit:
7: Krystedez :pit: / :wario:
9: DeLux :popo:
9: Player-1 :diddy:
9: Roller :popo:
9: DRN :zerosuitsamus:
13: Judo :sheik:
13: Alphazealot :diddy:
13: DLA :ganondorf: / :falco: / :dk2:
13: SneakyTako :rob: / :dedede:
17: Zeton :fox:
17: Dyno :wario:
17: MX :yoshi2: / :fox:
17: Legan :zerosuitsamus: / :marth: ?
17: Fizzle :dedede: / :falco:
17: FAE :lucas:
17: Zinoto :diddy:
17: Technical_Chase :dedede:
25: Hadesblade :yoshi2:
25: FF Ori_bro :olimar: / :marth: ?
25: Ralph Cecil :snake:
25: Bpow :wario:
25: WTP :dedede:
25: Overswarm :rob: / :marth:
25: Light :falco:
25: EddieG :marth: / :peach:
33: Mister Eric :rob:
33: Chris4ever
33: Kel :marth:
33: Spec :pikachu2:
33: Clowsui :marth:
33: Zyth :dk2:
33: Crash :luigi2:
33: Nope :snake:
33: Bonds :snake:
33: Tmacc :wario: /:rob: /:popo:
33: Dooms
33: Scythe :lucario:
33: KassandraNova :peach:
33: Ryker :falco: / :marth:
33: Luminoth64 :wolf:
33: Sovereign :zerosuitsamus: ?

Well....I got most of them. Feel free to correct anything that I might have missed.

AM Bracket:

1: Carls ($28.8) :fox:
2: Papa Z ($13.2) :marth:
3: ShadowPhoenix ($8.4) :fox: / :gw:
4: Jt556 ($4.8) :sonic: / :falcon:
5: TheKiest ($2.4) :dedede:
5: Hoboz ($2.4)
7: DrillBitSammy :luigi2:
7: Red Ryu :lucario:
9: Juushichi :mario2:
9: SoulPech :jigglypuff:
9: Falcon Fist :pt: / :falcon:
9: Gifts
13: Radium
13: Wiggy
13: K.Rung :kirby2:
13: JTsm
17: ToastBread
17: Steep :mario2: / :luigi2:
17: DK296
17: WolfOfMay :wolf:
17: DtJ Composer :samus2:
17: LunaLang :lucario:
17: Jared
17: Commander Gregorius :rob:
25: Betadyne
25: Judge
25: Travesty :dedede:
25: Silver
25: Cameron :falcon:
25: DtJ Dextersquaid :olimar:
was i like the only kirby? :foreveralone:

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I know how bad the match up is, I'm just beginning to understand it. Or at least what has to be done on my part.

I plan on making it out of pools next time and also not being sick.

Btw I'll bring the drinks next time, OH gotta step their drink game up son

Your avi made my day.

25th Cameron :falcon: - Oh.

Top Bottom