• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

Wake

Smash Master
Hmmm, so when the Fox makes a mistake then... Can you tell exactly when the Fox makes this sort of mistake? Otherwise, it seems like too big a risk to go for the nair.

MacD

Banned via Administration
yea i guess, when i play against zhu i know when he's too slow or if he's gonna get it, it's just a timing thing you'll learn

kinda like i know when i can nair, or if i should just dj > air dodge real quick, cause of nair's hitbox etc, or if i'm just screwed

you should be able to pick up on the timing eventually though, it might take a while to figure it out fully but yea

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
MacD i was pretty sure that uthrow uair doesnt work on peach, or that she can get out of hitstun before the uair connects. Are you just meaning to say that even tho you are out of hitstun you have no escape option because of her jump mechanic?

MacD

the LoL servers are down :(

that means i have time to do this hahahha

MacD i was pretty sure that uthrow uair doesnt work on peach, or that she can get out of hitstun before the uair connects. Are you just meaning to say that even tho you are out of hitstun you have no escape option because of her jump mechanic?
against fox, uthrow > something is a combo from like 0-80ish... i can tell in game the percents but have no idea off the top of my head

at like 0, uthrow > uair combos no matter the DI if i think right, after you start getting higher in percent, if you DI behind he might not be able to uair but you'll still get baired, if you DI forward, you might get faired or low percents or idk, that's what zhu started doing to me haha.

for some reason, zhu is always like perfectly too slow, by just like a few frames it seems, where i can airdodge out/nair his uair, against like lucky and lovage, i normally can't get out because their timing is a lot tighter or they just bair me . of course they still will do stupid things sometimes and i'll get out

if you don't DI or only slightly DI, you will get uaired for sure, granted you can smash DI but i'm too bad for that so i just pray and hope i accidentally smash DI somehow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjmI1P38H4Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oK8ao3sIsE

Those are some more matches of my Peach. One of the things I'm having trouble with is knowing if my survival DI (or DI in general) actually does anything. Some times I feel like it does, and other times I just die anyways (I am from the Midwest...) maybe anything that you guys notice could help me out? (Whether it's horrible, or okay, but could be better, etc.)

Thanks again!
against the falcon, you kept dropping semi easy edgeguards. most of the time it was because you jumped and floated too high, or becuase you didn't go far enough out off the stage. like you would stay 100% over the stage, against falcon, he recovery is pretty easy to deal with, so you can float farther out. i'm not saying go super far out, but you can go a little off the stage or float halfway off the stage to get him.

you had some bad DI on the knees sometimes, but you also had some good DI on the knees sometimes so idk

your out of shield game isn't that great either, you should learn to at least nair OoS. missed easy punishes because you either jumped too high before any attack, or just didn't do anything

you are too slow on all your platform tech chases, you jump up to the platform way too late and they either are shielding or already off the platform. you should start either wavelanding on platforms, or jumping up with the nair/uair sooner. you got the punish occasionally, but normally, you'd completely miss and get hit after going for it

you also had a problem edge guarding the falco, again cause you were staying too far back. in this case you'd want to be close to the ledge, but normally not offstage. you could use dair to edge guard both of falco/falcon and it'd probably help you get some edge guards, considering the angle they were coming from lots of times was below the ledge

just from watching the first like minute of the peach dittos, i noticed your tech skill is pretty good, but watching against the other guy, i thought it could use some work. i know it's hard to use tech skill against the fast characters and the laser *****, but it'll help you. and with that said, you need to work on your l cancels, i noticed it a lot when you came down with a fair, i mean sure, if you hit them, the l cancel might not matter that much in that situation, but l cancels can be make or break in combos/your safety

after the first match, i now realize you are just inconsistent with your tech skill. i'm not the one who will normally preach tech skill, but you need to work on being consistent with it all. you also need to work on your insta float nairs/etc. they are really helpful, and really easy to get down after like 10 min of practicing every day for a week

i put on disney songs after the first match and i guess they were too distracting for me to pay attention lol. but that should be a good amount of advice

in regards to the DI, you probably could work on it overall, i mean sometimes people get caught off guard, but it seemed you had bad DI a lot of the time. that is something you can check yourself easily though. like in peach dittos, watch me vs armada from pound, vanz vs vwins from a no johns or something a couple months ago. and you can see how often/well we DI things, when we die and don't die. same goes for other characters

hope all that helps, i'm surprised i was able to write out something so long, not normally my specialty but there you go

that took me a while and the servers are still down :( wtf :mad:

also :teemo: is a *****. vanz, i hate you even more now that i know of :teemo:

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Wow. Thanks a lot, MacDaddy. Reacting to DI is one of those things I can never figure out, but looking at that Vanz vs VWins vid, the DI there is amazing. It's clear when they DI well, whether they die or not. I hadn't even thought about my slow platform tech chases, but those definitely need work, too.

As for float cancel nairs, I still have trouble with those. It's the only one I can't float cancel to some degree.

But thanks a lot for the in depth help. Much appreciated.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
and thats why its called teams.

Peach sucks with slower characters who arent aggressive as a teammate. If you're teaming with a slower character (LIKE HERP DOC DERP) then you need to cover high and low options at all times and then downsmashing.

If you're teaming with a good character then just have them swat the spacie out of the air. Or turnaround and jump his teammate while his partner dances around on the top platform.

MacD

dude, i was thinking of trying him just cause he spins like that

and on tues/thurs i don't get to play till like 4 or later cause of school :(

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
So, a question for MacD (or anyone, really), in those Peach dittos you had with Armada, why were the both of you recovering so high? Is it not safe for Peach to try to go for the ledge against Peach? (I would think her dair wouldn't be able to pierce her umbrella, but I might be wrong).

Also, stitches breaking shields is just wrong. There's Saturn for that.

BloodyPuppy

Smash Journeyman
So, a question for MacD (or anyone, really), in those Peach dittos you had with Armada, why were the both of you recovering so high? Is it not safe for Peach to try to go for the ledge against Peach? (I would think her dair wouldn't be able to pierce her umbrella, but I might be wrong).

Also, stitches breaking shields is just wrong. There's Saturn for that.
Probably because Peach's air mobility is so much better horizontally than vertically. If she went below the ledge and did end up getting gimped, recovering gets a lot harder. By going high she can pretty much choose to land wherever the hell she wants to.

I could be wrong though.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Probably because Peach's air mobility is so much better horizontally than vertically. If she went below the ledge and did end up getting gimped, recovering gets a lot harder. By going high she can pretty much choose to land wherever the hell she wants to.

I could be wrong though.
Personally, I do it because in general its a safer way to recover.

MacD

basically what they said

you have the tools to recover very high, and peach doesn't have the tools to stop another peach from recovering super high, especially if she uses her float way up high to keep her height for a very long time. i think if you watch us when we come back from like medium heights or lower, we both keep hitting each other a lot, and when we recovered high, we maybe got on turnip hit or something small off of each other (if i remember right).

getting to the ledge is also hard in the first place because of turnips and the other peach floating or just being there is scary enough, but if you do get there somehow, then you still have to get back from the ledge which is another challenge all on it's own (especially over 100%)

i'm not the biggest fan of recovering like super high in lots of match ups though in dittos i do use it a lot

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
My rule of thumb is if the character can commit to hitting you without putting him(her)self in a bad position, then dont recover high.

I recover high against characters like Ganon, Peach, Jiggs, Samus, etc. Anyone that cant really kill me/catch me when im in the air like that.

However you should always watch edgeguard patterns. If you notice they're lacking in that department, then the ledge becomes and option.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
That makes a lot of sense. I've been trying that in battle more, and it really does frustrate people a bit. Thanks for the advice.

Wake

Smash Master
haha That's a good point... though I did notice that when Armada played S2J at Pound 5 he was recovering low a lot, and MacD and the other commentator made note of that...

MacD

against falcon, you're like 2 ledge options are better than recovering high

against other floaties and stuff, it's not

and against sheik...... i don't even know, she's a hoe

Cia

das kwl
and against sheik...... i don't even know, she's a hoe

lol.. I just bait her ledge jump Bair so that I can recover while she tries to get back to the ledge. But whenever possible you want to recover as high as you can (w.o exhausting your double jump) so that she has to do ridiculous things just to try and catch you.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I like when I'm recovering and the then I dance around with float and then hit them with reverse fair cuz I messed up their spacing and I kill them.

But that's situational lol.

How do you guys use bair? It used to be my favorite aerial and now I suck with it. I use every other aerial over it. The first post talks about it lots.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend

lol.. I just bait her ledge jump Bair so that I can recover while she tries to get back to the ledge. But whenever possible you want to recover as high as you can (w.o exhausting your double jump) so that she has to do ridiculous things just to try and catch you.
Yeah this is a good strat.

Cia

das kwl
^ Not that I know of. You can probably find FC Nair vids tho. That's all I know personally D:

BTW, recovering from the ledge to the stage = hilarious, yet somehow legit.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
This thread blows, and it now about how badly certain peach players will do at Genesis 2.

I predict Jfox showing up and losing to a roy on mute city again.

Top Bottom