• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(v2.0 released)The Project M 3.5 Pichu PSA

Add extra self-damaging versions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I personally can't rig models, so i would need someone to do that for me. However, without some kind of texture or model edit, neither model fits terribly well exactly as they are in X/Y or Melee, believe it or not(take a look at both next to Brawl Pikachu).
Yeah, I think the best solution would be to get the X/Y one rigged, and then do some texture edits. I'm sure there are people around to do those things (I'd do them but don't know how).

Darth Nightmaricus

Smash Cadet
NNID
105087bradyisman
Does this still replace Pikachu? I was hoping for something similar to the Clone Engine - i.e. give it a separate slot from Pikachu. Is it possible to still play as Pikachu while keeping Pichu in?

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
thank you very much
Sorry for getting back to you just now, but Pichu seems to work fine in 3.6!

Pichu works but he's very strong, also his side b can make him live "forever". As in you can side b and move up you have a really good recovery.
Tried him out for a bit, he is quite strong all around. It seems like OP has discontinued this mod for awhile so I'll hold off any input.

But I just wanna say...he's so small.......

Last edited:

Mechaglacier

Smash Apprentice
NNID
purespade
Sorry for getting back to you just now, but Pichu seems to work fine in 3.6!

Tried him out for a bit, he is quite strong all around. It seems like OP has discontinued this mod for awhile so I'll hold off any input.

But I just wanna say...he's so small.......

his body looks so messed up lol

Rage83

Smash Ace
Hello all, this PSA should be back in the works very soon, as my Doctor Mario is nearly ready for a first release(and has changed significantly since that old changelist I posted). Also, S Solaros , i'd be interested in working together! Also, yes, Pichu will get a size increase, and that side b thing is indeed a bug.

jamershinobioneobi02

Smash Cadet
Hello all, this PSA should be back in the works very soon, as my Doctor Mario is nearly ready for a first release(and has changed significantly since that old changelist I posted). Also, S Solaros , i'd be interested in working together! Also, yes, Pichu will get a size increase, and that side b thing is indeed a bug.
That's a pretty good bug if if you ask me.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Say, aren't you using Minus 4.0 Pichu as a base, because I love the "over charge" mechanic given to Pichu. It fits in with PM very well (once all of it is balanced of course).

Sirius140

Smash Rookie
Um, hi there, but I was wondering what the .brres file is for and what I should rename it to?

Jitters

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jitters
Say, aren't you using Minus 4.0 Pichu as a base, because I love the "over charge" mechanic given to Pichu. It fits in with PM very well (once all of it is balanced of course).
Hypothetically speaking, would it be possible to take his Minus PSA and just tweak (nerf) the values so the moveset would fit PM's playstyle?

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Hypothetically speaking, would it be possible to take his Minus PSA and just tweak (nerf) the values so the moveset would fit PM's playstyle?
Yes, and from what I've heard you also need to tweak some values to make wavedashing work for that PSA.

Sirius140

Smash Rookie
About the sawnd for pichu, I think it isn't an error, but I can barely hear pichu over its own attacks... Brawl Box?

Rage83

Smash Ace
About the sawnd for pichu, I think it isn't an error, but I can barely hear pichu over its own attacks... Brawl Box?
I haven't touched the sawnd compared to Brawl Minus 3.Q actually, blame that on them lol. But yeah, this is noted.

Sirius140

Smash Rookie
So a bug I've noticed with pichu in PM is now when ever I use its side b, the whole game freezes. (I'm not sure if it was something weird I did with the sawnds or PSA) But a few months ago, it was working just fine.

Rage83

Smash Ace
So a bug I've noticed with pichu in PM is now when ever I use its side b, the whole game freezes. (I'm not sure if it was something weird I did with the sawnds or PSA) But a few months ago, it was working just fine.
I've been away from here for far too long, I think.

So while i've been away, Legacy XP revealed itself with a Pichu. Surprise, said Pichu is an update of my PSA from here. codes was so gracious as to fix the problems with the specials, along with a SFX port to share a bank with Pikachu, and some balancre touchups.

Top Bottom