• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(v2.0 released)The Project M 3.5 Pichu PSA

Add extra self-damaging versions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rage83

Smash Ace
A complete Pichu PSA for Project M 3.5. This is usable in Project M 3.02 with BrawlEx(or without), but it also works over 3.5 Pikachu.

Pichu 3.5 PSA Changelist:

Version 2.0:

!- Mewtwo fix corrected.

!- PSA redone. Pichu's size is now has the correct scale compared to Project M Pikachu(47.2% of Pikachu's actual model size). Many moves have power buffs relative to Melee Pichu to compensate for Pichu's lack of range. Melee aerials restored with said buffs. Dash and Run speeds, air mobility, and dash attack changed to Melee SD Remix data. Special moves adjusted. To curb Pichu's power to a balanced state, self damage on very few moves, and weight nerfed down to 60(old version was PM Game and Watch's 75, compare to Melee's 55 and Project M Pikachu's 80)

Version 1.3:

!- Mewtwo fix added.You need the Mewtwo PSA fix to let Mewtwo and Pichu both have their own SFX. His CSPs, BPs, and Result Portraits are all in the same places (ID and file wise) as they are in the original 3.5.
(Based off of Unbound, updated and fixed to Project M 3.5 Mewtwo.)

!- Mewtwo, Pichu and Roy REL fixes added in a module folder. You need all three of these for the characters to function with BrawlEx. Also, the other needed BrawlEx files are included in the Brawlex(Character) folders.

!- Edited Pichu trophy added.

!- Pirate Hat costume added, Cowboy Hat costume uses actual Melee hat model now and has skin color change.

!- Jump height fixed

Version 1.0:
Changes from the Project M Unbound PSA (will make more specific later):

!- Pichu does not damage itself, and has had it's weight adjusted. (55 points to 75, compare to Pikachu's 80) The other attributes(run speed, fall speed, etc) have been balanced to Project M's standards based off of Pikachu and playtests against other characters.

!- Has a Pichu shadow model.

!- The resize bug from the original model has been fixed(Pic 1 on BV entry, done through resizing through PSA instead of a bone edit).

!- Pichu's Neutral-B acts the same as Pikachu's while on the ground, and 3 can be active at any time. While keeping the 3 ball restriction, Brawl Minus' older trap property(thunder balls stay at the spot where activated) has been restored in the air.

!- Pichu now has Project M Pikachu's Back Air attack(based of of Smash 64).

!- Pichu's Up Air has it's tail expanded to be the same size as Pikachu's during the attack(Like PM Yoshi's lengthening tail).

!- Pichu's Down Special switches to PM Pikachu's hitboxes if a taunt button is pressed(WARNING: buggy).

!- Pichu's Neutral Air has been changed into a different spin(which covers much more distance, and can be compared to a Mario Tornado minus the B tapping effects)

!- Pichu's down tilt is essentially the same as PM Pikachu's down tilt now.

!- Pichu's Jab attack no longer awkwardly cancels into down tilt, and is set to link into itself as in Melee.

!- As for cosmetics, this pack includes the essentials(A Project M CSS icon, CSPs, BPs, stock icons, 3.5 css names, and old css names).

!- As for new cosmetic animations, Pichu has a new tired wait animation replacing Wait2, and the old Wait2 replaces Pichu's Up Taunt(as the SFX were nonexistent for the original Up Taunt)

!- There is an edited Win1 animation, scrapped from Unbound(I believe that it was in Melee, but I am not sure)

Credits:

AdfroMan: Melee Cowboy hat

TheRealHeroOfWinds: Spiky-Eared Pichu, occasional advice

Clubby:Final Playtesting and screenshots

Project M Unbound Team and Brawl Minus Team: Base PSAs, base Mewtwo fix and Pichu default skin colors

Project M Team: Project M Pikachu PSA parts and costume pieces, PM Melee Fox alternate's scarf texture(Pic 2), balancing base, Melee environment/engine, Mewtwo assets

Nanobuds, Boygos, SonicBrawler,Oshtoby: Original model

Link to Brawl Vault submission
(now has 2.0):

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207106

Direct Dropbox Link(now has 2.0):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yml6i8crby85y74/PM Pichu v2-0.zip?dl=0

Terrible video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzzcO3hzzu8

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Pichu's Melee B-air is almost essential whenever I play as it, I think a Smash 64 N-air would be better, or just keeping both like in Melee (Smash 4 B-air linking would be nice, though). Also, self damage would be neat if Pichu got rage effect, and I think it should anyway, it's pretty iconic for Pichu... Good work, regardless!

Rage83

Smash Ace
What needs to be done to .pac files nao?
As for what needs to be done to the .pac files, the file called (SFX)FitMewtwoOld has Mewtwo's SFX ported so that it does not confict with Pichu's sounds, but the issue is that the PSA is that of 3.02 Mewtwo. In other words, I need the sounds from the (SFX)FitMewtwoOld applied onto the FitMewtwo35 pac file.

(Foolish link repost for convenience) https://www.dropbox.com/s/ru2ve68y9pu74c6/PleaseAssistMe.7z?dl=0

Pichu's Melee B-air is almost essential whenever I play as it, I think a Smash 64 N-air would be better, or just keeping both like in Melee (Smash 4 B-air linking would be nice, though). Also, self damage would be neat if Pichu got rage effect, and I think it should anyway, it's pretty iconic for Pichu... Good work, regardless!
For now, the aerials will be kept as is(Pichu already has a Smash 64 back air). As for a "rage" effect, I'm not aware of any way to increase damage dealt on moves based on Pichu's damage percentage. As far as making extra self-damaging versions, I simply have the poll at the top of this thread.

Last edited:

Rage83

Smash Ace
Sorry for the double post, but I have a small update. Mewtwo now has his SFX. There is one issue, though. After Mewtwo starts charging his Shadow Ball, the sounds for the charge never stop, even if Mewtwo throws it or dies(but stops while the game is paused). I'll update the OP with this info as well.

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
I apologize for going off-topic, but I have a question regarding the PSA itself. If someone wanted to use this in vBrawl, not Project M, what changes would they have to make to revert the physics so that the speed and gravity of Pichu is on par with those of the rest of the Brawl cast?

Rage83

Smash Ace
I apologize for going off-topic, but I have a question regarding the PSA itself. If someone wanted to use this in vBrawl, not Project M, what changes would they have to make to revert the physics so that the speed and gravity of Pichu is on par with those of the rest of the Brawl cast?
If someone wanted to use this PSA in vBrawl, they would have to edit the attributes by using Brawl Pikachu's as a base, then adjust the hitboxes and frame speed modifiers(in the actual moves) to slow them and nerf them to an acceptable level for that environment.

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
If someone wanted to use this PSA in vBrawl, they would have to edit the attributes by using Brawl Pikachu's as a base, then adjust the hitboxes and frame speed modifiers(in the actual moves) to slow them and nerf them to an acceptable level for that environment.
Is this something you intend on doing or is this PSA exclusive to P:M 3.5? (Not to sound imposing or expectant.) Of course, if anyone else is dead-set on balancing it for vBrawl I'm sure they will.

Rage83

Smash Ace
Is this something you intend on doing or is this PSA exclusive to P:M 3.5? (Not to sound imposing or expectant.) Of course, if anyone else is dead-set on balancing it for vBrawl I'm sure they will.
My intentions are for this just to be a Project M 3.02/3.5 PSA, mainly because i'm admittedly not sure of what I would do to said hitboxes and frame speed modifiers. If anyone would like to, then they have full permission to make edits and rebalances of this PSA, as long as they are fully functional edits(AKA, doesn't easily crash) and give credit to those mentioned in my credits lists.

Rage83

Smash Ace
(post for update visibility is exactly that) The PSA has been updated to the 1.3 version, featuring the Mewtwo fix, along with content for BrawlEx with Mewtwo, Roy, and Pichu coexisting in a build.

EDIT: SFX files uploaded.

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
(post for update visibility is exactly that) The PSA has been updated to the 1.3 version, featuring the Mewtwo fix, along with content for BrawlEx with Mewtwo, Roy, and Pichu coexisting in a build.
Dropbox link not found...
Also, are you planning on doing a self damaging version anytime soon?

Rage83

Smash Ace
Try downloading again, I just uploaded the SFX files(I forgot earlier). As for the extra self-damaging versions, they'll be done soon(as the poll has been overwhelmingly going towards that opinion as of late.

Rage83

Smash Ace
Is there a video of this?
I need someone to make a video, as I lack a reliable way to create and upload a demonstration video. I would really appreciate it if someone could make said video, though.

Last edited:

TheGamerKidTy

Smash Cadet
I really like that your breathing life back into Pichu.

However, It seems a bit unbalanced that Pichu now no longer takes self-damage. It IS what made him more balanced in Melee...

Other than that this great! Keep up the great work!

-Ty

Rage83

Smash Ace
I really like that your breathing life back into Pichu.

However, It seems a bit unbalanced that Pichu now no longer takes self-damage. It IS what made him more balanced in Melee...

Other than that this great! Keep up the great work!

-Ty
Version 2.0 released! A few moves now feature self damage in the new version(throws). Basic changelist is now in the original post.

TheGamerKidTy

Smash Cadet
Version 2.0 released! A few moves now feature self damage in the new version(throws). Basic changelist is now in the original post.
Yes! Thank you so much! Now I can finally have the Pichu PSA I've been waiting for!

Rage83

Smash Ace
Buffed Melee Back Aerial is in thew new 2.0 release.

Self damage is now included in 2.0's throws.

DPBOX

Smash Rookie
O.K., while this mod is cool and all ... there are no BPs for Pichu. The first post even says there are BPs for Pichu, but in reality, there are only CSPs and Stock Icons for Pichu included in the download. No BPs.

Is that intentional?

littlewolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
littlewolf128
I love this mod its awesome!! It really feels like an official PM upgrade of Pichu. The new Side B is fantastic. Love running off edge and using the Side B pop up for a mixup. The only 2 things I would change would be the fact that this Pichu can't Dash Dance and thats always been a big part of my game with him personally in Melee. As well as the Melee Jab. It would be nice to have that back. Is there any plans for those features in the future?

Thanks for making this mod!!!

Edit - Just been playing around with the move set more and found out the Side B is an infinite. You can stay on the top of the screen forever and time out. Plus you can kill yourself with Side B. Not sure if either was intentional. Just thought I would post it here so you know!

Edit2 - Cant seem to get Mewtwo working. Always crashes on select screen. Any Ideas? Plus a a crash when Pikachu fights Pichu.

Last edited:

Rage83

Smash Ace
I love this mod its awesome!! It really feels like an official PM upgrade of Pichu. The new Side B is fantastic. Love running off edge and using the Side B pop up for a mixup. The only 2 things I would change would be the fact that this Pichu can't Dash Dance and thats always been a big part of my game with him personally in Melee. As well as the Melee Jab. It would be nice to have that back. Is there any plans for those features in the future?

Thanks for making this mod!!!

Edit - Just been playing around with the move set more and found out the Side B is an infinite. You can stay on the top of the screen forever and time out. Plus you can kill yourself with Side B. Not sure if either was intentional. Just thought I would post it here so you know!

Edit2 - Cant seem to get Mewtwo working. Always crashes on select screen. Any Ideas? Plus a a crash when Pikachu fights Pichu.
If you use the edited module files in 3.5, then they all will crash because the modules are made for BrawlEx, they are not Project M modules. Side B is meant to be able to kill yourself if you goof it up. The jumps at the start and end of it are unintentional, however. I'll be uploading a patch with some fixes and updates after some final testing. It's nice to see that this mod has a kind of fanbase, even if it is small. Also, because codes are used in Project M to make Mewtwo look for his SFX, and Pikachu is coded to look for it's SFX(not Pichu's separate ones) there is another reason for them to crash in 3.5. Until one of the patches for BrawlEx in Project M gets updated for 3.5, use this in Project M Unbound(which currently uses 3.02, and is in the middle of an update for 3.5 being developed.)

Last edited:

littlewolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
littlewolf128
Ah right. I wasn't completely sure. I was adding the updated version of Pichu in the Unbound pack. So I added the Modules. I have never used BrawlEx before but saw the folder there so I swapped the modules. Ill try a clean slate without the new modules in.

I actually really like the jump after the Side B. If you could just limit it to one use per air time then I think it would be viable. Especially since if you press b right after. Kind of like a Fox Shorten is goes straight. No Jump.

Rage83

Smash Ace
Ah right. I wasn't completely sure. I was adding the updated version of Pichu in the Unbound pack. So I added the Modules. I have never used BrawlEx before but saw the folder there so I swapped the modules. Ill try a clean slate without the new modules in.

I actually really like the jump after the Side B. If you could just limit it to one use per air time then I think it would be viable. Especially since if you press b right after. Kind of like a Fox Shorten is goes straight. No Jump.
The jump was unintended, and while I like that idea, I personally don't know how to make it only available once per air time. If you're using unbound, then just copy paste my Pichu folder over theirs. For now, replace the FitMewtwo.pac in the current version of my PSA release with this one:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tfrhkumwjwcdov2/FitMewtwo.pac?dl=0

Also, paste the rest of the include Mewtwo folder over the Unbound one.

Last edited:

littlewolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
littlewolf128
Ok Ill try that right now. By the way you have a FitMewtwo2.pac in that folder. Is that intentional. Because Ive never seen one with out 02.

Edit 1- That got Mewtwo running. Except for the Sfx. He is silent except for his side taunt. Plus his shadow ball is invisible for some reason.

Edit 2 - Shadow ball shows up in match with Lucario. But not any other time.

Edit 3 - Rage, In the next few days I can make an HD Video Showcase for you if you want.

Last edited:

Rage83

Smash Ace
Ok Ill try that right now. By the way you have a FitMewtwo2.pac in that folder. Is that intentional. Because Ive never seen one with out 02.

Edit 1- That got Mewtwo running. Except for the Sfx. He is silent except for his side taunt. Plus his shadow ball is invisible for some reason.

Edit 2 - Shadow ball shows up in match with Lucario. But not any other time.

Edit 3 - Rage, In the next few days I can make an HD Video Showcase for you if you want.
i goofed up and gave you the wrong FitMewtwo.pac. I'll sort out which one is the right one in the morning.

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
This looks great but can it be ported to someone other than Pikachu? like R.O.B.?

DPBOX

Smash Rookie
O.K., so I take a clean copy of Project M D.I.Y. 1.3. It allows you to use BrawlEx with Project M. It's a clean slate, too, unlike mods like Project M Unbound.

Project M D.I.Y.: forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71445.0

Now, what I do is take your "pf" folder you included in your download and I merge it with the "pf" folder in Project M D.I.Y., replacing any files. I then take the "BrawlEx" folder you included and I merge it with Project M D.I.Y.'s "BrawlEx" folder. (I didn't touch the "BrawlEx(Mewtwo)", "BrawlEx(Roy)", and "BrawlEx(Pichu)" folders. I only touched the "BrawlEx" folder.) I also set up the Pichu cosmetics, though they're probably irrelevant given my situation. NOTE THAT I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING ELSE!

When I tested this in my game, well, Roy worked flawlessly. There was absolutely nothing wrong with him as far as I could tell. Mewtwo, on the other hand, freezes the game with the music still playing right when I select him. I can't go to the HOME menu at this point. The game is frozen. The game won't freeze if I highlight him, though, but If I change his color, the game freezes like before, even if he's highlighted, but not selected. I think you did say you were working on a fix for Mewtwo.

But the thing is, Pichu shows up as a game-crashing Random icon. Well, how is that possible, because I simply took the files you provided and made no changes to them? Your Pichu ... doesn't work, and I want to use it in my custom build of Project M. Can you tell me what's wrong and fix the files?

Do the BrawlEx files only work with Unbound?

Rage83

Smash Ace
O.K., so I take a clean copy of Project M D.I.Y. 1.3. It allows you to use BrawlEx with Project M. It's a clean slate, too, unlike mods like Project M Unbound.

Project M D.I.Y.: forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71445.0

Now, what I do is take your "pf" folder you included in your download and I merge it with the "pf" folder in Project M D.I.Y., replacing any files. I then take the "BrawlEx" folder you included and I merge it with Project M D.I.Y.'s "BrawlEx" folder. (I didn't touch the "BrawlEx(Mewtwo)", "BrawlEx(Roy)", and "BrawlEx(Pichu)" folders. I only touched the "BrawlEx" folder.) I also set up the Pichu cosmetics, though they're probably irrelevant given my situation. NOTE THAT I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING ELSE!

When I tested this in my game, well, Roy worked flawlessly. There was absolutely nothing wrong with him as far as I could tell. Mewtwo, on the other hand, freezes the game with the music still playing right when I select him. I can't go to the HOME menu at this point. The game is frozen. The game won't freeze if I highlight him, though, but If I change his color, the game freezes like before, even if he's highlighted, but not selected. I think you did say you were working on a fix for Mewtwo.

But the thing is, Pichu shows up as a game-crashing Random icon. Well, how is that possible, because I simply took the files you provided and made no changes to them? Your Pichu ... doesn't work, and I want to use it in my custom build of Project M. Can you tell me what's wrong and fix the files?

Do the BrawlEx files only work with Unbound?
You were supposed to use the ones inside of the "BrawlEx(Mewtwo)", "BrawlEx(Roy)", and "BrawlEx(Pichu)" folders, which are found in the BrawlEx folder., and paste them all into Project M DIY's BrawlEx folder. Also, you need to set up the cosmetics using the same ids as in Unbound.

DPBOX

Smash Rookie
O.K., so continuing from my last post, I deleted Project M D.I.Y.'s "BrawlEx" folder because it was corrupted because of what I did in my last post, and put a fresh, clean one in its place. I then did exactly what you said. I copied and pasted the BrawlEx config files inside the "BrawlEx(Mewtwo)", "BrawlEx(Roy)", and "BrawlEx(Pichu)" folders into Project M D.I.Y.'s "BrawlEx" folder without touching your included "BrawlEx" folder. I also grabbed your modules and replaced the ones in Project M D.I.Y.'s "module" folder as a "just in case" tactic. I set up my roster to include your 41, 42, and 43 clones. I didn't do anything else. I didn't edit the module files or delete Project M D.I.Y.'s Roy and Mewtwo configs or anything. I also didn't configure the cosmetics like you said because my first priority is getting the characters working with no bugs.

When I tested this in the game, the results were EXACTLY the same as last time.

TheGamerKidTy

Smash Cadet
I just noticed that the Pichu .sawnd file overwrites Mewtwo's sound effects. If possible, could you provide a sound bank for a different boss other than Galleom or Duon? (Those are used for Mewtwo and Roy)

Thanks in advance,
-Ty

Rage83

Smash Ace
I just noticed that the Pichu .sawnd file overwrites Mewtwo's sound effects. If possible, could you provide a sound bank for a different boss other than Galleom or Duon? (Those are used for Mewtwo and Roy)

Thanks in advance,
-Ty
The included Mewtwo PSA port's his soundbank to be shared with Lucario(he has his own clips, but him and Lucario use the same file.)

RocketRaccoon

Smash Rookie
Could you please tell me how to download this for project m 3.5, I downloaded it and when i change skins on mewtwo the game freezes Sorry

Rage83

Smash Ace
Quick confirmation, is this a one-slot replacer or does it completely replace Pikachu?
This completely replaces Pikachu.

By the way, this PSA is essentially dead until the next version of Brawl Minus releases with their redo of Pichu, which I plan on using as a base for a redo of the current version of my PSA. As of late, I've been working on (and finished with some help) a Doctor Mario PSA, with a unique final smash from Mario(electricity as opposed to fire, hitflags changed so people get shocked instead of burned on hit, and uses a different sound than Mario's "huge fire" sound), a fixed model(courtesy of the PM graphic fixes thread here), and decloning(specials function differently, attacks tend to send at Doc related angles from Smash 4 and Melee, or angles from Smash 64 or Brawl Mario, Brawl back aerial, etc.).

mhps11

Smash Rookie
If I use it over Pikachu (without using BrawlEx), will I stiil have to put that mewtwo .pac to not conflict with pichu graphics and that stuff?

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
If it hasn't been mentioned already, Pichu's model could use an update since Melee. You could probably get a hold of the X/Y model, which would fit a lot better aesthetically.

Rage83

Smash Ace
If it hasn't been mentioned already, Pichu's model could use an update since Melee. You could probably get a hold of the X/Y model, which would fit a lot better aesthetically.
I personally can't rig models, so i would need someone to do that for me. However, without some kind of texture or model edit, neither model fits terribly well exactly as they are in X/Y or Melee, believe it or not(take a look at both next to Brawl Pikachu).

Top Bottom