• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Well Im going to be transferred to another place closer to me so my work commute isnt so cray cray and in the process, will be switching to new hours which will allow for weekends off, so I'll probably start going to things every so often again. Regardless though, Im still mostly just waiting for Smash 4.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
I do still have my Wii for the record haha. A super portable melee setup is totally worth it though.
wiis dont count

what you could have done (given I don't know the anatomy of CRTs) is cutting open the corner and have the front side of the cube be on the side of the t.v. and the top of the cube come out of the top of the t.v.

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I'm in hawaii then. I wish you good luck.

July is a pretty bad month for me no matter what weekend.

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
If anyone wants to smash for a bit at slc, hit me up 9163703379. Any smash game. I can play from 5-10

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I try to keep it up. I am only one person though, so if anyone hears anything relevant, tournament or event wise, let me know. This page is usually my source of information, and I should probably put big things like Evo and relevant discussions now that I think about it....

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
I'm going to the lock-in tonight.

I have a couple of favors that I need from the scene:
  1. My Melee disc has disappeared as of a couple months ago. I thought it would turn up by now but it has not yet. If anybody has a copy that does not belong to them please let me know.
  2. I would like help with getting my wii to boot from a drive because my disc drive has problems reading brawl (but not Melee for whatever reason). I already have the .iso, so I just need help getting it to work. Pl0x?
  3. I've shown several of you already, but I have marked my GC controllers by carving two lines into the underside of the grip, one cut on each side. I'm missing at least two controllers, maybe more. I know I've lent them to you ass holes many times, I just need to figure out which ass hole it is. So, again, please look through your stuff for any extra controllers that aren't yours.
Thanks in advance people. Also, if you're coming to the lock in and also want to help me get my wii booting from a drive, I will pay you moneyz. I will pay you moar moneyz if you supply a flash drive (I think minimum 8 GB?). kthxbye

Edit: I'm thinking about hosting a tourney at my place. If we don't have one in June would people be interested in coming to one that I host?

Last edited:

Sexy Yaz

Smash Apprentice
I'll be at the lock in around 10pm. I'm heading up after work so if anyone is interested in Thai food lemme know. I can bring some (Tsu I'm looking at you)

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Just checked out the front page and i realized two things:
1. There's only two players (me and @ Mr. Fox Mr. Fox ) who play all three games
2. FoxTheStampede posts. His younger brother goes to Neumont and we (and others) play smash pretty much every day. If you guys remember Dillan (idk know his tag) then that's who I'm talking about. Skinny guy with glasses... really short brown hair. Idk what he looked like back then.

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
@ T Tane - I'm going to bring my disc cleaner. Should probably fix the issue in reading Brawl discs. I'll explain why at the lock in if you want.

@ Sexy Yaz Sexy Yaz - Thai sounds really good actually. Surprise me.

@ Superw0rri0 Superw0rri0 - Man, I haven't seen FTS in ages! It's awesome his bro plays :)

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
Anybody up for playing Soul Calibur 2 at the lock in? I've been dying to play it the last few days. I used to be amazing at it but I'll prolly get wrecked. Regardless, someone bring it. :D

@ Tsuteto Tsuteto Thanks dude. I actually used Devon's a while back but it didn't really work. That was prior to my Wii going completely and absolutely ape**** though.

Last edited:

net1234

Smash Ace
Anybody up for playing Soul Calibur 2 at the lock in? I've been dying to play it the last few days. I used to be amazing at it but I'll prolly get wrecked. Regardless, someone bring it. :D

@ Tsuteto Tsuteto Thanks dude. I actually used Devon's a while back but it didn't really work. That was prior to my Wii going completely and absolutely ape**** though.
im hella down for sum SCII. i probably suck though but i used to whoop all my friends

Steezy22

Smash Cadet
Anybody that would like to Smash tonight, it's happening at my place around 5! We have every copy of Smash and plenty of room! Hmu 801 949 5548

Sproll

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, noob to smashboards here. So this nickelcade lock in thing, I may be able to make it tonight but don't know the info/where to find it. I just wanna know if PM setups will be there and if there will be a few or what, since that's all I pretty much play now for smash

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Hey guys, noob to smashboards here. So this nickelcade lock in thing, I may be able to make it tonight but don't know the info/where to find it. I just wanna know if PM setups will be there and if there will be a few or what, since that's all I pretty much play now for smash
go to the first post of this thread... there's probably going to be at least one setup for each game. At least that's what i would guess. Usually when we have fests there's at least 1 brawl set up and 1 melee set up and sometimes a pm set up. Depends on who's hosting really. At tane's we'll have 1 melee and 1 brawl... when we were at U of U there was like... 3 melee and 3 pm.

Speaking of U of U.... we should totally do that again

Last edited:

Hatch Backward

Smash Apprentice
wiis dont count

what you could have done (given I don't know the anatomy of CRTs) is cutting open the corner and have the front side of the cube be on the side of the t.v. and the top of the cube come out of the top of the t.v.

That was an option I had, but the cube wouldn't have been nearly as secure without having to zip tie it in or something, so I went with this design.

BTW since I'm bringing this setup, when should I arrive? early? Late?

Last edited:

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
d00d I'm stoked you're coming! Hopefully there's someone there you can team with because rocky and I need hella practice!
I might be able to come. I'll know in the next half an hour to an hour. Then you'll for sure get some super legit teams matches in.

Sexy Yaz

Smash Apprentice
I really need to get some melee practice in. I haven't played since salt fest

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
Just checked out the front page and i realized two things:
1. There's only two players (me and @ Mr. Fox Mr. Fox ) who play all three games
2. FoxTheStampede posts. His younger brother goes to Neumont and we (and others) play smash pretty much every day. If you guys remember Dillan (idk know his tag) then that's who I'm talking about. Skinny guy with glasses... really short brown hair. Idk what he looked like back then.
#OneUnit

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
i play all games im just not that great at brawl lol

also the first St. George legit tourney is happening 6/20 this month $5 buy in, guaranteed win if any of you show up because we have a gigantic scene of casuals here with only a few of us hardcore players to beat

Skull Kid

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chuggbert
3DS FC
0748-3351-1612
@ T Tane I'm not gonna be at the lock-in. :( But if nobody gets that shiz going for you, I can next week. I've only modded my own Wii, but found it relatively trouble-free. I can load Melee, Brawl & PM from hard drive.

furinto92

Smash Rookie
Hi everybody! This is my first post to this thread, possibly my first to smashboards in general.

I just moved to Salt Lake a few days ago and I'm looking to start/join a group to play PM on a weekly basis. I have a pretty comfortable setup with a lot of room so I can host at my place in Sugarhouse. If anyone's interested please let me know, it'd be great to improve my skills by playing around.

Steezy22

Smash Cadet
Hi everybody! This is my first post to this thread, possibly my first to smashboards in general.

I just moved to Salt Lake a few days ago and I'm looking to start/join a group to play PM on a weekly basis. I have a pretty comfortable setup with a lot of room so I can host at my place in Sugarhouse. If anyone's interested please let me know, it'd be great to improve my skills by playing around.
Hit me up anytime man! I can also host. I've got every Smash copy.

net1234

Smash Ace

r u good?

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
This board is about to be dead for the day.

Thanks all who came to the lock in! Hippie you all had a blast. It was a ton of fun serving y'all, and I look forward to more events later!

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
This board is about to be dead for the day.

Thanks all who came to the lock in! Hippie you all had a blast. It was a ton of fun serving y'all, and I look forward to more events later!
Should I question this? Or was it meant to be there?

Last edited:
Top Bottom