• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
Props to samson for being t3h w1nn3r.

FYI: Team "Super Sonic" was really supposed to be "Supersonic Buttfisting". I'm a little upset that they didn't put that.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
next lets just get some sort of seeding
3 of us on one side while
isee gets a free ride till winners
should of had one of us b4 then

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Or just do what I do, seed top 4ish in order, then group up potential Top 10 PR players in Expert, lower level regulars in Intermediate, and new players in Beginner. Then you must randomize the seeding 5 times without looking, THAT PARTS IMPORTANT. After that, look at the bracket and make any necessary minor changes like separating relatives (except Mars and Colus, they always have to play each other, thats also important).

Then, BOOM, good bracket.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
The randomizing is a ritual, it must be done.

And Challonge IS bad. Ive been using it since Brawl came out to run online tournaments for multiple games since its basically the only online bracket available that auto updates so everyone can see it anytime, and I end up just making the bracket either myself or in Tio then recreating that in Challonge. It's really hard to directly transfer over seeding and such without a premade bracket to reference.

I See

Smash Apprentice
I swear, I play X more than anyone! Every tourney! Its annoying! But I do like the competition. And I feel like hes gotten me wayyyy better by playing him in tourney. I feel like iv'e increased like 3 levels cause of playing people like him and ebo. Shoutouts to Ebo!! And X :)

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I just realized something.

Samson beats everyone in state now.
I havent played Samson in tournament in like a year.
Back when I did play him last I had a positive record on him in tournament.

Through Inui logic, Im like best in state.

wangston

Smash Lord
BYU tourney starts tomorrow at 5. Get there at 4:30 to register or you can pre reg online. It will be over be 9. Then there is a smashfest at my place in provo. If you don't want to come to the tourney come for the smashfest. Now that the wii emulates gc games I have melee on my wii with no disc, it's easy to do if you already have a copy of it and you wii has homebrew.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
are we doing the kafeneio tournament on saturday? devon did you end up calling them and reserving the room?
do melee players want to have an event this weekend?

and does this BYU tourny have melee there because this is the 1st I've heard about it

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
It's been mentioned here before. I recall it being mentioned how all entry goes towards charity or something. Don't remember hearing anything about Melee, though.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
there is no Kafeneio tournament this saturday
since we just had back to back tournaments
and i guess one tomorrow as well

Jekyll

Smash Ace
I don't think I can make it to anything tomorrow, but I'm down for playing this weekend if someone could host. I've got a setup I can bring, if needed.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Jekyll took a set off him in GF. Lost in the reset.

And I almost sorta kinda beat Jekyll in a friendly once almost.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Must be nice for you! Getting guaranteed wins cause your soo damn good at melee! Come on Somebody rise to the challenge.
My performance at the Neumont tournament has somewhat motivated me to want to start practicing Melee, again. Would be nice to get back to, or even surpass, the level I was at when I was at my prime in 2007.

I See

Smash Apprentice
My performance at the Neumont tournament has somewhat motivated me to want to start practicing Melee, again. Would be nice to get back to, or even surpass, the level I was at when I was at my prime in 2007.
Do it! Cause you were so good then that when I first actually met you, I thought you were the King Ken.

wangston

Smash Lord
There is no melee at the byu tourney just Brawl. There is a smashfest afterwards but that won't start til 9:30 or so. The tourney is a little iffy. I talked to the guy hosting it and he doesn't know anything about smash or hosting tourneys. There is a casual tourney and real tourney. But he thinks that everyone will be there for the causal tourney that is free for all and half the items. He also thinks people will be showing up at different times and he thinks he is going to run small tourneys like every hour and have the winners face off at the end.

So i really don't know what the tourney is going to be like. But regardless the after party smashfest will be amazing.

https://www.facebook.com/events/551102534975444/

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
People need to learn how to run Smash Tournaments and understand that when it comes to tournaments it's not a casual game.

wangston

Smash Lord
That's why I'm going to help the man out. I, with the help of any other smasher, will run the competitive bracket for him.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Just got a new Gamecube controller, and HOLY **** does it feel a million times better when I play.

Top Bottom