• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

xGojirax

Smash Rookie
The Kafenio Coffee house Ranbat 1.0

Date: June 16
Time: 4:00pm Casuals for all games start at 2:00pm
Place: The Kafenio in SLC
http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/54/1597...Salt-Lake/Kafeneio-Coffeehouse-Salt-Lake-City
Games; SF4AE2012, UMvC3, SC5, MK9, Smash Bros. Brawl

Rules;
SF4, Marvel, and MK9: Winner keeps character/teams/assists. In SF4 winner may change their ultra.
SC5: Winner keeps character while loser may pick a preferred stage. First stage is random.
Smash: Loser picks stage winner picks character loser picks character.
Port Disuptes are settle by Rock/Paper/scissors
Entry fee: No venue fee but its 5 dollars per game.

Food The venue sells amazing Sammiches and their is an Apollo Burger in the same parking lot. If neither of those tickle your fancy their are other places nearby.

I will be MMing anyone from the Smash scene in any fighter but MK9 and SC5.

RR Edit: Marcos don't back down a second time, our MM is going to happen. I am excited to beat your ****ty Fox.

Get Hype!

-Mars-

Smash Hero

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/54/1597...Salt-Lake/Kafeneio-Coffeehouse-Salt-Lake-City

Rules;
SF4, Marvel, and MK9: Winner keeps character/teams/assists. In SF4 winner may change their ultra.
SC5: Winner keeps character while loser may pick a preferred stage. First stage is random.

Food The venue sells amazing Sammiches and their is an Apollo Burger in the same parking lot. If neither of those tickle your fancy their are other places nearby.

RR Edit: Marcos don't back down a second time, our MM is going to happen. I am excited to beat your ****ty Fox.

Get Hype!
I'll be there. Does Utah play on 360's or on PS3's? I don't got an arcade stick.

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
DIVE KICK LOL!

What had me really laughing was this comment by GIGABOWSER "I'll buy this when Ultimate Footdive vs Divekick 3: Fate of Two Feet AE 2012 v3.0 comes out" LOL FATE OF TWO FEET.

And yeah Gojira, unless I have a hot date, I'm down to take yo munnies.

xGojirax

Smash Rookie
Ew, 360. PS3 is so much better.
Its not about popularity...well....sorta. The 360 is the most used console in utah and it is the closest version to the Arcade version aka not having the frame delay the PS3 has. I prefer PS3 as a console, but for fighters I prefer 360.

-Mars-

Smash Hero

Rules;

Get Hype!
Go to this Andrew. Only 5 bucks entry and you can get a lot of friendlies in.

XDDD

Smash Rookie
I'm leaving Utah tomorrow night at 8. If anyone wants to do anything Friday, text me or something
I'll probably be hanging with Shiro and Devon, idk

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
He already said he was going for a different game, IIRC. And Anand, yaz and I might be able to do something. We've been working up in Layton this week so it would be on the way back from work. Not sure if it'll work out, I'll let you know.

:phone:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
He already said he was going for a different game, IIRC. And Anand, yaz and I might be able to do something. We've been working up in Layton this week so it would be on the way back from work. Not sure if it'll work out, I'll let you know.

:phone:
You guyz should come smash??/

XDDD

Smash Rookie
Goodbye Everyone

Hey everyone. It's been great being a part of the Utah scene for a few years. I'm really sad I'm leaving T_T. It's been awesome smashing with all of you and I love how our scene in particular has a ton of much more close friends and super kewl people compared to other states. It was never about the money for me; just the experience of having a great time with people that also enjoy doing what you love. I'll never forget any of you <3
All Shoutouts:
DS4 - You're one of my closest friends in the scene. I remember when I first played you at GEEX. God you've gotten better, and a lot of that has been coming recently. Man we have smashed a TON and I'm sure you have gotten skills out of it. It's been great hanging out with you, owning Tohou, killing it in Vegas, and just having a great time.
Marz - Dude you're the coolest. You play Sheik so flashy and fast it can overwhelm me sometimes and a lot of people as well haha. We should have teamed more but it's ok since we smashed a TON :). Good luck with your college plans and I wish you success.
Sephiroth - YOLO x47. It was awesome hanging out with you and brawling. I need to get good at league or marvel or something and play you in that. Have fun in your YuGiOh tournies and get better in Brawl! Haha I swear it all comes with experience. I was also way close to you and I'm glad we had a blast whenever we hung out.
X - Haha I remember you were the one that told me where my first brawl tourney would be and asked me to come several times :) So many things have changed since then and I find that when I'm measuring my skill, I'm always comparing it to yours. You're not just a great smasher, you're a cool dude (even thou ur a troll online lol -.-). No one's really asked me that much about my life choices and made me think like you did.
Kenny - Thanks again for taking us to Vegas dude... best road trip of my life. You have a solid Snake and by the looks of have a lot of potential and are a lot better when you get more sleep lol. It's been great smashing with you; you showed up just when I was thinking Snake was getting way too easy to fight. Damn was I wrong.
Lada - KEVBOT. You're way chill irl even though you're way gay online and in game. Remember that night @ Shiro's? That was the best haha. Who else other than smashers can just randomly decide to go out to a restaurant past midnight?
dRyu - Man I think it was you that got me in my first tourney when I was way late haha. It's been real man... we had some great matches offline and on WiFi and the trip to Vegas was beast (THAT DIDDY DUNK). Have fun on your mission coming up and we'll stay in touch o:
Z'zgashi - What an awesome TO. Waiting for late scrubs and whatnot. I'm glad to see you're a dedicated Yoshi and you never just switch to a secondary in impossible matchups like I do. It has been awesome playing you and hanging out (lol again @ the night @ Shiro's). I'll try to league with you over the summer.
Yaz - Dude when I joined the scene I kinda looked up to your MK. I'm sure I've gotten a lot better now and gave you much more of a challenge. Haha I can tell you're all about the competition =] Stay pro dude
Stevo - Kinda sucks that I haven't seen you that often in my last few months but I really liked playing you dude. Like way back in GEEX when I fought your beast Wario up till now where you're learning your Falco trixies hahaha. Have fun in the Utah smash scene. iJelly
Icy - Dude. If you got better at CG's and stuff, you would be scary good. Like, really... I'm pretty sure Utah would get ***** by IC's. At first I thought you were more casual but I guess I was wrong; go to more tournaments though! It was nice smashing with you too haha.
Sinz- We only played once but I have to say you're Snake was pretty good. You're not that active anymore but I guess all I can say is GGs and GL @ BYU or wherever life takes you...
Joel - GGz. You're not real active in smash but it was fun playing you lol. Like no one here plays your characters xP.
Decimo/Figment/Yuno/Rush - Y U NO STOP CHANGING UR NAME.
Jellyfishn - U speak Japanese. iJelly
Lanky - Haha nice Snake and nice tatoos. Zelda powaa!!!
PC - We only brawled once at an Anime tourney, but you were actually pretty good for an only melee player at the time. Keep up being as azn as possible.
HK - Thanks for being another transport dude (Utah sucks at having cars). It was cool hanging with you in Vegas and don't get discouraged when you lose. I'm sure you're improving a lot faster than most of us.

You guys are the best. :drsad:

wangston

Smash Lord
Lol whos reading my twitter????

But for real I would have one a game of catan but Is. wasn't paying attention and tried to get a vp from devo card even though I had the stuff to get a city. So much fail.

Also I miss you guys too. I'll be back in less than 100 day

philbobjoe

Smash Journeyman
Lol whos reading my twitter????

But for real I would have one a game of catan but Is. wasn't paying attention and tried to get a vp from devo card even though I had the stuff to get a city. So much fail.

Also I miss you guys too. I'll be back in less than 100 day
Lol, what a scrub.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So guys, I just went to update the rankings and stuff, but I realised that we literally have no tournaments to add. I went through the last 50 pages or so looking for stuff, and the only thing I didnt already have added was the BYU tournament I didnt enter. There were also the few tournaments at Anand's/Seph's house, but those all had literally 8 people at most (3 of whom are Anand, Ebo, and Wang who arent even here anymore, which means it would just pump 5 people in our scene with points), and just buffed devon and I to the sky (we would be ranked #4 and #5 lmao) so I decided against adding the small ones (I did add that BYU one still btw). So yeah, no update cuz there are no tournaments, I'll update after we get 3 more legit ones, and by legit I mean entrants that reach the double digits lol.

Top Bottom