• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
EXCUSE ME EVERYONE I HAVE A BRIEF ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAKE

JESUS WAS BLACK
RONALD REAGAN WAS THE DEVIL
AND THE GOVERNMENT IS LYING ABOUT 9/11

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND GOODNIGHT

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
i am the console gaming head for Banzai
and i am planning on having melee and brawl tournaments there
and if i can fit PM we will have that too
i do not plan to have a 3ds smash tourney but more of streetpass
event for them
Or, you know, since I'm EVENTS HEAD, you should probably talk with me first before saying we'll have any additional tournaments.

I got at least four other people who could probably start going to the taylorsville regularly if melee is being played again
That would be nice, since when I did Melee previously, it hasn't done so hot at the Taylorsville location. Brawl is kind of dead too. Get me some confirms, and we'll adjust again.

Rockmix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rockmix
Oh forgot to say this in my previous posts.
My wiimote is missing so if any of you took it by mistake or have two check to see if its mine. Its missing the back cover and the strip lock thing is broken.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Soooooo, anyone else heard of/play Lethal League? This game is hella fun and I'll definitely play with whoever. I'll also definitely bring it to some fests/tournaments/whatever that I end up going to.

Logos

Smash Apprentice
If anyone is curious about Nuemont finals or anything I posted videos up: Find it on my channel: youtube.com/users/CompeteComplete (Cant make a real link)

Steezy22

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone, I am deleting my current account as to change my name. My new tag and smashboards account will be Atticus

Ace of Kings

Smash Rookie
So, is anyone having a fest in the Ogden area? or nah?
So I just moved up to the Ogden area and am looking for people that play PM or Melee and I'm up for friendlies and any regular tournament info. Hopefully someone on this site has some info or insight!!! :sadeyes:

Last edited:

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
So I just moved up to the Ogden area and am looking for people that play PM or Melee and I'm up for friendlies and any regular tournament info. Hopefully someone on this site has some info or insite!!! :sadeyes:
*cough* *cough* I used to do tourneys and weeklies in the Ogden area before my hiatus and been planning to do some but the venue search has been let's say slacking because I'm picky with what I want. So the struggle has been real. But you have two active players in the Ogden Area, Myself and @ Pumpinz Pumpinz (unless there are some that I'm unaware of)
I'm down to play whenever and Pumpinz he's busy all de tiem. So yeah! Feel free to PM and we could totally play.

Last edited:

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
hey everyone, i'm back in utah (if anyone actually cared :-p). how has the scene been? are people still going to the weeklies? is net still spending hours each day practicing power shielding ;-)? are all the salt lake people still bringing the salt with their trash talk?

looks like we got new people in all the different areas (ogden, salt lake, provo) so that's good to see!

what's up with the google docs. doesn't seem like anyone's updated the utah smash events doc since i've left :-p. there are 3 upcoming planned tournaments (comic con, staz's tournament, anime bonzai) besides the weeklies, is that correct? can someone fill in the details for those events on the google doc or have we decided to abandon it?

also, what's going on with the new facebook pages that have been set up for the scene. since i don't use facebook i can't look at them. is there a reason why every smash facebook page is private? i would think you would want to inform people of events as much as possible so more people would come out so new people can get more experience against human opponents and experienced players have more money in the pot to grab? seems like an unnecessary barrier to make those pages private, but once again, what do i know about facebook :-p.

do we know what scenes are coming out for comic con? i probably should have talked it up at xanadu when i was in baltimore, but i didn't. oops :-p.

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
hey everyone, i'm back in utah (if anyone actually cared :-p). how has the scene been? are people still going to the weeklies? is net still spending hours each day practicing power shielding ;-)? are all the salt lake people still bringing the salt with their trash talk?

looks like we got new people in all the different areas (ogden, salt lake, provo) so that's good to see!

what's up with the google docs. doesn't seem like anyone's updated the utah smash events doc since i've left :-p. there are 3 upcoming planned tournaments (comic con, staz's tournament, anime bonzai) besides the weeklies, is that correct? can someone fill in the details for those events on the google doc or have we decided to abandon it?

also, what's going on with the new facebook pages that have been set up for the scene. since i don't use facebook i can't look at them. is there a reason why every smash facebook page is private? i would think you would want to inform people of events as much as possible so more people would come out so new people can get more experience against human opponents and experienced players have more money in the pot to grab? seems like an unnecessary barrier to make those pages private, but once again, what do i know about facebook :-p.

do we know what scenes are coming out for comic con? i probably should have talked it up at xanadu when i was in baltimore, but i didn't. oops :-p.
TL;dr

Come to comic con tourney and paraphrase for me. Glad you're back.

Logos

Smash Apprentice
at like 2:30 in that video net literally spotdodges 10 times in a row without doing anything else

#esports

Yeah, net kind of treated grand finals like a joke. Which I think he was intimidated from friendlies and what he heard about me? Hes good but he said hed get 6-0'd before we even started. Fun grand finals for sure. Taunts and yelling.

Pumpinz

Smash Journeyman

I cared.
Also you better come to slcc this friday mane.

Ace of Kings

Smash Rookie
*cough* *cough* I used to do tourneys and weeklies in the Ogden area before my hiatus and been planning to do some but the venue search has been let's say slacking because I'm picky with what I want. So the struggle has been real. But you have two active players in the Ogden Area, Myself and @ Pumpinz Pumpinz (unless there are some that I'm unaware of)
I'm down to play whenever and Pumpinz he's busy all de tiem. So yeah! Feel free to PM and we could totally play.
Geez, looks like we need to grow the scene up here. I talked to one of the employees at Game Vault and he said they used to have someone host tourneys there. Is there something wrong with that location?

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Geez, looks like we need to grow the scene up here. I talked to one of the employees at Game Vault and he said they used to have someone host tourneys there. Is there something wrong with that location?
Haha that was me! There is a couple things going on with that and why we can't host there. Um since they are a game store and a lot of games are being released this month they said that it wouldn't be a good time to do so. And it's a great venue and all and the guys there are super friendly but I'm looking for more space. The last tourney that was there had like over 40 people's there and damn was it crowded.

net1234

Smash Ace
Ill play you in friendlies whenever. Or a money match.
So now that my colon has shrunk to about its former size, i'll 5$ mm u next time i see u. except were playing the whole thing on battlefield cuz every other stage is homo

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
probably not going to comic con. didn't plan ahead + busy + not really interested in attending comic con just to play smash :-p. looking at the schedule, looks like i already missed it anyway :-/. the tournament started today (thursday)? how were pools for those that went?

@ Roguay Roguay are there any particular matches that you're interested in besides finals? do you want me to just send you the video or do you want me to post on youtube or something? do we have a youtube channel for the scene yet?

Top Bottom