• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
What ever happened to the other other Shiro who was friends with XDDD. That kid was hilarious.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
for the weeklies, is it really that hard to know what week of the month it is? the month of august just started yesterday, so this upcoming tuesday and wednesday are the first of the month. i figured calendars and smart phones are ubiquitous, so it shouldn't be that hard to know what week of the month it is, but maybe i'm looking at it wrong :-p.

also, is it really hard to vote for community vote week? you just have to say, "i want to do melee this week" or something. if you're the only one to vote, then congratulations, you determined what's being played :-p.

we can change things up, but i figured these things shouldn't be that difficult. if you want it changed, *how* do you want it changed? the whole point of starting in the summer is to experiment with what works, so if you want it changed, let us know!

@ Sinz Sinz are you fine with melee or did you want to do pm? if you're going to drive all the way down on tuesday, i'm willing to switch things up.

net1234

Smash Ace
for the weeklies, is it really that hard to know what week of the month it is? the month of august just started yesterday, so this upcoming tuesday and wednesday are the first of the month. i figured calendars and smart phones are ubiquitous, so it shouldn't be that hard to know what week of the month it is, but maybe i'm looking at it wrong :-p.

also, is it really hard to vote for community vote week? you just have to say, "i want to do melee this week" or something. if you're the only one to vote, then congratulations, you determined what's being played :-p.

we can change things up, but i figured these things shouldn't be that difficult. if you want it changed, *how* do you want it changed? the whole point of starting in the summer is to experiment with what works, so if you want it changed, let us know!

@ Sinz Sinz are you fine with melee or did you want to do pm? if you're going to drive all the way down on tuesday, i'm willing to switch things up.
nooo do gaylay **** sinz no one likes that stupid mod

Last edited:

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
No nqztv no don't take away my beautiful Meleeeeeeeeee

No but I thought the weeks were just cycled through, and I didn't know they were based from the month.

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Well, been thinking about the weeklies a bit myself, and have a thought. Nqztv, you and I should chat sometime. Probably through PMs, unless you have time tomorrow (Sunday) night or something.

Pumpinz

Smash Journeyman

IMO just do a set schedule and stick to it so everybody knows what game will be played. also don't have the same game at 2 weeklies on the same week. That's it that's all.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium

Don't ****ing adjust for me.

I'm not some little ***** who will go to stuff and demand they change it. If I'm going to something I'm going to participate. Do melee do Brawl do pm do minus hell do pokemon puzzle league for all I care. I'm coming and you shouldn't accommodate to a singular player.

Last edited:

Snap.

Smash Apprentice
Don't ****ing adjust for me.

I'm not some little ***** who will go to stuff and demand they change it. If I'm going to something I'm going to participate. Do melee do Brawl do pm do minus hell do pokemon puzzle league for all I care. I'm coming and you shouldn't accommodate to a singular player.
pokemon puzzle league $1 MM

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
Yo the Mario Tennis meta is so real tho. You've got characters like Bowser where you need to read their movement to be able to reflect their hit in enough time. But, on the other hand, because his serves are so strong, they need to read which way he'll send the ball or else they can't react in time. It also made it better that we were playing in like 60 frames of lag.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
k, i guess we'll stick with the schedule and do melee on tuesday. i only offered because because of the opportunity cost. i imagine we won't be seeing @ Sinz Sinz much when he starts school up at usu in the fall. there won't be many opportunities for the provo people to play him after too long :-p.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
k, i guess we'll stick with the schedule and do melee on tuesday. i only offered because because of the opportunity cost. i imagine we won't be seeing @ Sinz Sinz much when he starts school up at usu in the fall. there won't be many opportunities for the provo people to play him after too long :-p.
My residency was denied so you may actually see me more.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
oic, that's too bad. i guess that's a bit of bittersweet news. not sure if i should be :-) or :-(.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
oic, that's too bad. i guess that's a bit of bittersweet news. not sure if i should be :-) or :-(.
Its mostly bad news because unless I want to pay 8 grand I can't do classes this term and that sets me behind quite a bit.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna have to play in some Brawl tournaments sometime ;) maybe smash 4 too (once it comes out)

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
What ever happened to the other other Shiro who was friends with XDDD. That kid was hilarious.
I keep hearing little tidbits of this guy. Was he here very long?

haha, I don't think I'm that good though XD maybe at my school, but definitely not in state
Sorry double post. Devon's just glad there's another Brawl player mostly. We're a dying breed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
LOL yes I am! When I first joined the scene it was for Brawl. I had watched pro Brawl tournaments since Apex 2013 until I finally decided to make an account and go to tourneys. I only started playing Melee and such competitively after I found out more about them through my Brawl experiences. And I still play Brawl and love it.

Last edited:

net1234

Smash Ace
LOL yes I am! When I first joined the scene it was for Brawl. I had watched pro Brawl tournaments since Apex 2013 until I finally decided to make an account and go to tourneys. I only started playing Melee and such competitively after I found out more about them through my Brawl experiences. And I still play Brawl and love it.
brawl mm

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Not to worry, I've got a whole gang of people who play Brawl :p only a few of them are good though haha

Top Bottom