• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Smash Journeyman
Cedar City Crew: Myself, ADLP, Blues, and as many Level 9 Luigis as needed.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
It was a sick crew battle lol I loved it. PC's chain grab hate was golden. Please do more I try and always stream monster and nothing makes me feel better about myself than egotistically correcting your commentators and telling players why they suck.
can we have @ Tuesday Tuesday as a dedicated commentator for our events? we can pipe him in through google voice/skype/teamspeak or something ;-).

Last edited:

wangston

Smash Lord
Attention all Smash Bros players!!!

https://www.facebook.com/events/814904441924079

for those of you that can't look at the link

There is going to be a smash 64 tourney in Provo this Thursday night. Exact time is to be determined but he told me 5:00pm. Last year there were like 20+ people. I took first. I would love to have any of you fools that think you are good at smash 64 come and get rekt'd. I've been talking to this host and this time it looks like he already has 25+ people committed to coming. Get hype'd for the biggest smash bros tourney in Utah!!!

Last edited:

RVKYS

Smash Apprentice
Yessssss smash 64 master race. I'll be there for sure.

Why is dreamland not the go to stage?

Last edited:

Tuesday

Smash Ace
can we have @ Tuesday Tuesday as a dedicated commentator for our events? we can pipe him in through google voice/skype/teamspeak or something ;-).
This would take godlike levels of streaming the content to me and my co-commentator, delaying video feed to him so that he hears my voice at the same time events are happening for him, and delaying the stream so they all happen at once.

wangston

Smash Lord
Yessssss smash 64 master race. I'll be there for sure.

Why is dreamland not the go to stage?

Not really for sure. They said it's too small last time. I think it's by far the best stage but because it allows for early kills from gimps anywhere on stage while hyrule you have to be at the edges.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
This would take godlike levels of streaming the content to me and my co-commentator, delaying video feed to him so that he hears my voice at the same time events are happening for him, and delaying the stream so they all happen at once.
ya, might not be possible at the salt lake weekly considering we completely saturate their uplink already with the stream, but maybe we'll pitch in for a hardline connection or something for the place. this would be epic though if we could make it happen!

B-801

Smash Rookie
For those who got the EVO customs for Sm4sh last night; I made a mistake on Captain Falcon's 2111 EVO. it was accidentally set as 2332. Whoops.
Hey Shane, thanks for getting those set up, how commonly are customs used? You're trip tree had me falling all over, is this something I should be training for?

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Tonight is Smash 4 night at the Provo Game Den Weekly. Singles status at 6, with Doubles starting at 8. $5 venue fee, $3 entry fee per person per event (so $6 for teams). Of course, if you bring a set up, you get your venue fee waived. See you all there!

Shane M

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrchoochootwain
3DS FC
4656-8139-1796
Hey Shane, thanks for getting those set up, how commonly are customs used? You're trip tree had me falling all over, is this something I should be training for?
yeah Trip Tree and Explosive Balloons are Villagers best customs. they're used in most of his custom setups.

TheMLee314

Smash Rookie
Hello all. New to the forums (been around a couple times, but barely made account and still learning everything)

So I brought up the idea of tournaments to my brother because I consider him fairly good at the game, I looked for scenes in Utah but I'm still not very sure if I've found anything yet. I was wondering if the best approach would just to be to go through the recent posts here? Maybe if there are some fairly popular Twitch/Twitter/Facebook pages based in Utah to follow in order to learn more? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
Hello all. New to the forums (been around a couple times, but barely made account and still learning everything)

So I brought up the idea of tournaments to my brother because I consider him fairly good at the game, I looked for scenes in Utah but I'm still not very sure if I've found anything yet. I was wondering if the best approach would just to be to go through the recent posts here? Maybe if there are some fairly popular Twitch/Twitter/Facebook pages based in Utah to follow in order to learn more? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/gamersabbey
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTW8ZlOabh31ONGl2c7CtUQ
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/UtahSmash/

look at the pinned post on the facebook group to see links to events, rankings, and such. salt lake weekly is every friday at 801 labs (353 east 200 south, suite b, salt lake city, ut). entrance is in the back of the building between crown burger and twilite lounge. look for parking at the laundromat behind crown burger.

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Hoo hah is still there, it just does a little less damage and kills a lot less early.

Last edited:

Shane M

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrchoochootwain
3DS FC
4656-8139-1796
omfg. I have to farm for Mewtwo's customs. BACK TO THE GRIND. I should have up by Friday (hopefully)

EDIT: ****. He has no customs.

Last edited:

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
shout out to @SoapSuds for teaching me the ways of false pivotshield dropping. gg utah
what's a "false pivot shield drop"? is it just dash dancing on a platform and shield dropping instead of pivoting so you can put out an aerial or something?

Tuesday

Smash Ace
what's a "false pivot shield drop"? is it just dash dancing on a platform and shield dropping instead of pivoting so you can put out an aerial or something?
I'm certain he meant false pivot shield stopping, not dropping.

Unless he actually means false pivot shield stop shield dropping, which is a mess of superfluous movement, the bane of "technical" new players.

net1234

Smash Ace
No dude false pivot shield stop shield drops are super easy cuz u buffer a fully angled forward shield tilt and then u just half roll the stick Down for super free shield drops, can also use it to make shield drops easier cuz u can buffer a forward shield tilt and not roll if ur in shield stun.

U better mm me next time I see u @ Tuesday Tuesday I'll false pivot shield stop shield drop (fpssd) (fuh-p-sss-duh) all over u

Shane M

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrchoochootwain
3DS FC
4656-8139-1796
So far I think Mewtwo needs to hit the gym and bulk up. He feels like he's just as light as Rosalina.

His side and down b are ****ing garbage imo.

Dat laugh taunt doh.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
No dude false pivot shield stop shield drops are super easy cuz u buffer a fully angled forward shield tilt and then u just half roll the stick Down for super free shield drops, can also use it to make shield drops easier cuz u can buffer a forward shield tilt and not roll if ur in shield stun.

U better mm me next time I see u @ Tuesday Tuesday I'll false pivot shield stop shield drop (fpssd) (fuh-p-sss-duh) all over u
i'm pretty sure most people shield drop from a run. like you said, it's just way easier. just look at people when they do their handwarmers. many people practice their shield drop from a run during their handwarmers :-p.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Ya dawg that's just a shield drop lol. "False pivot" shield stops are just shield stop aerials mimicking the results of pivot aerials. You can cease momentum with a shield stop and act out of neutral just like a pivot. Horizontally tilted shields from an aerial or a shield stop into a shield drop is just a common way for people to hit the shield drop timing if you're not good at it from a neutral position. I don't know if you remember, but that's literally how I beat you in all those Marth dittos.

Like, a year and a half ago lmao.

DrPhantasma

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrPhantasma
3DS FC
3325-3045-0409
So far I think Mewtwo needs to hit the gym and bulk up. He feels like he's just as light as Rosalina.

His side and down b are ****ing garbage imo.

Dat laugh taunt doh.
Makes sense, he has the same moveset as Melee. Both moves are garbage, but they can be fun. Does the down b have the same effect in Melee where it can send the opponent flying if you use it after the first down b?

Shane M

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrchoochootwain
3DS FC
4656-8139-1796
Makes sense, he has the same moveset as Melee. Both moves are garbage, but they can be fun. Does the down b have the same effect in Melee where it can send the opponent flying if you use it after the first down b?
Nope. Just does 1% more damage. Also there might be customs on the public release on the 31st. Kinda dumb logic to not let the early access have them in case of hotfixes.

wangston

Smash Lord
Just one last reminder the biggest smash 64 tourney in all of Utah ever is today in Provo!

LINK https://www.facebook.com/events/814904441924079

It's starts at 5:00 so try to be there at 4:45. It's on the upper floor and the entrance is the closest to the corner the address is 1152 E 560 N Provo, UT 84606.

'Tis that time of the year again. Let us all smash it out to start off spring with some hyrule castle and a 3 dollar buy in. Winner takes all.

'Twill be a double elimination singles tournament (you lose 2/3 matches = 1 loss). No items (lol). Hyrule castle will be the go-to stage, we might allow a stage counter-pick in the finals or something.

Way down for friendlies and a maybe a crew battle if anybody's down? Teams as well?

Bring a controller if you have one.

May you execute every z-cancel and may the force (DI) be with you.

RVKYS

Smash Apprentice
shield stops and shield drops are both ez pz

who is considered good at 64 in this state? and will they be there for me to expose tonight?

wangston

Smash Lord
shield stops and shield drops are both ez pz

who is considered good at 64 in this state? and will they be there for me to expose tonight?

No one really plays in Utah as a whole. There are lots of BYU kids who play among themselves that are all right. Myself, Jellyfishin, and Cameron are the best in Provo but we never really get together anymore to play. Last year I won the tourney and I double 4 stocked(we were playing with 4) the guy in winners finals. I played him again in Gf and it was closer but still nothing to be worried about.

Top Bottom