• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

A Psychiatrist

Smash Apprentice
Wait so Neumont is on saturday the 28th right? Does anyone know what time melee starts, and where a good place to park is?

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman
Wait so Neumont is on saturday the 28th right? Does anyone know what time melee starts, and where a good place to park is?
Melee Doubles is supposed to start at 4pm, and singles are supposed to start at 6pm. As for parking, there is City Creek (which I would not stay in for more than 3 hours max), the street, an open air lot on main and 400 S that is $4 all day, an open air lot that is very small on at about 150 E 200 S, Carl's Jr. on 200 S (most students say that they don't tow). You will just have to kind of look around, to be perfectly honest. Just remember to watch the time on most places that you park. I am willing to let people go move vehicles to avoid extra fees if necessary.

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman
Wait, you still run these Neumont tournaments?
Yep, I got a job out here so I am able to continue running them. Hope to see you there Satuday PC!

Who would be interested in Weeklies held up at the U by Soapsuds and I?
We already have a weekly starting in downtown on Fridays. Having another one at the U wouldn't make the most sense, tbh.

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
Who would be interested in Weeklies held up at the U by Soapsuds and I?
I'm diggity down. Invite a bunch of idiot frat dudes and let me take their money. I'd just suggest you make a map or something telling people where to park. Parking at the U is rough, and people complain about the parking at neumont, which isn't even difficult.

Simmonick

Smash Cadet
We already have a weekly starting in downtown on Fridays. Having another one at the U wouldn't make the most sense, tbh.
Yeah I know Bellsworth, but there a lot of people on campus that cant make it to those for various reasons, this event is for them. Also it would be great to start a community of people that want to play competitively up at the U.

To quote Bakey on the matter "UofU has hundreds of people living on the campus, many of them who rely strictly on public transportation. Its likely the largest potential player pool in the entire state of Utah. So if the man wants to have weekly/biweeklies- then it makes a lot of sense and would likely benefit the scene more than any of the others."

I'm diggity down. Invite a bunch of idiot frat dudes and let me take their money. I'd just suggest you make a map or something telling people where to park. Parking at the U is rough, and people complain about the parking at neumont, which isn't even difficult.
And I thought about that today. We got a venue at the Union and by the time we start, parking would be free at the lot. I will for sure provide directions for free parking.

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Seriously, if you're planning weeklies, keep in mind the Tuesday Provo and Friday Salt Lake weeklies. Of course, Kaysville is Wednesday and Ogden Thursdays too.

Seriously, do what you want. I'm done trying to figure things out for the scene in that sense. We had options of Fridays and Saturdays for people, and people voted Fridays. You could do Saturdays probably, but then there's the monthlies that will have to be debated against when they happen, which might confuse some people.

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
hey @ N nqztv are you gonna upload any of the footage from those infinite friendlies over the weekend?

i want to watch me take 3 stocks off of westballz's marth with my kirby LOL

Simmonick

Smash Cadet
I hear you Tsuteto. Like I said this is mainly to foster a community at the University as well as be an accessible venue for student smashers and people without the means to drive all over town during the week.

Sidenote: Since it is being held at the University there will be no venue fee for participants as well.

Last edited:

Atticus_22

Smash Cadet
I hear you Tsuteto. Like I said this is mainly to foster a community at the University as well as be an accessible venue for student smashers and people without the means to drive all over town during the week.

Sidenote: Since it is being held at the University there will be no venue fee for participants as well.
No venue fee and I'm there

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
@SoapSuds didn't you say all university of utah students get free public transportation passes? there's a bus stop right in front of the salt lake weekly and i'm always down to drive people.

i think you should definitely get a smash club going up at the university, but like i've been telling people in provo, having multiple buy-in tournaments in a single area seems strange, especially since everyone seems to always complain about money :-p.

plus, there are so many ways to get around not paying a venue fee at the salt lake weekly that i don't see how it could ever possibly be an issue :-p.

Last edited:

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
we're gonna try to start the provo game den weekly earlier. so for tomorrow (tuesday the 24th), we'll be having wii u doubles first starting at 6pm, and the have pm singles start at 8pm. please let me know if those start times are going to cause problems for you in the future. thanks!

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Last edited:
Top Bottom