• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
@Mcormic welcome to the scene! what part of utah are you in? be sure to check the utah smash events google doc for upcoming events. also be sure to check out the relevant facebook group for your area. there is the utah smash facebook page that's good for the whole scene, but for more local stuff, there's also a u of u smash group for the salt lake area, byu smashers for the provo area, there's the central smash group for people by the snow college area, and the southern utah smash group for people down by dixie state and southern utah university. i can't remember off the top of my head if the smashers up in ogden or logan have their own facebook group.

@ Hatch Backward Hatch Backward Apex!!! but if you can't travel all the way out east, then @Zankoku said they may be doing a tourney around the 17th of january in vegas. for completely local, i believe they're going to try a smash tourney at fanx again which is the weekend of the 30th. depending on the new t.o. for neumont, there may be a neumont tourney. for smaller things, there are the provo weeklies (tuesdays and saturdays) and the ogden weeklies (thursdays) which all do a bracket, i believe.

@ Pumpinz Pumpinz this is what the byu smashers get excited about: byusmasherhype.png -_-''. look up the match... it's pretty sad.

Last edited:

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Whoa, okay guys, I gotta talk about this. As it turns out, you can actually do a moonwalk out of the turnaround from a stickywalked moonwalk. This is crazy! I tried it for a good hour and I'm convinced it's a one-frame window (or close to it), but man is it some silky smooth goodness. Westballz does it here at 2:48:39. With this I will be moonwalking into another dimension.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
@ Meleeruler Meleeruler did you watch the entire match? because i don't even care if he got a ganondorf up-tilt, if someone just does standing lasers over and over or rests you off-stage, they clearly don't even care to pay attention to the match. think about it... it wasn't even worth 4-stocking someone. there are lots of small things that people can be proud of when they play people a lot better than them, but getting a rollout kill on someone obviously sleeping on the match is not one of them, imo.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
I actually didn't watch the match, no. I guess if the other person wasn't taking the match seriously it wouldn't really mean anything.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
just checking, but who would actually come tomorrow for the game den weekly? just seeing if it's worth it to set up and such.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
$5 venue fee unless you bring a wii u, smash for wii u, and a gamecube adapter. you should bring your controller if you don't want to borrow someone's. bring a little bit more if you want to buy-in on the wii u tournament.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
we can do whatever since i'm thinking the turnout won't be as big, but yes, melee is supposed to be this week.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
ok, so sounds like we'll have enough people come that we might be able to do a bracket, so the game den weekly is on for tomorrow (tuesday 12/30). let's try starting at 6pm instead of 7pm since it's break.

we'll do a melee tourney as well as a wii u tourney (contingent on people bringing systems). both tourneys will be swiss-style with apex rulesets (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74563582/Apex/Apex2015_Rulebook.pdf). $3 buy-in for each tourney you want to participate in.

venue fee is $5 which will be waived if you bring a wii u, smash for wii u with all characters unlocked, and a gamecube adapter.

net1234

Smash Ace
ok, so sounds like we'll have enough people come that we might be able to do a bracket, so the game den weekly is on for tomorrow (tuesday 12/30). let's try starting at 6pm instead of 7pm since it's break.

we'll do a melee tourney as well as a wii u tourney (contingent on people bringing systems). both tourneys will be swiss-style with apex rulesets (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74563582/Apex/Apex2015_Rulebook.pdf). $3 buy-in for each tourney you want to participate in.

venue fee is $5 which will be waived if you bring a wii u, smash for wii u with all characters unlocked, and a gamecube adapter.
sweet a buy in, i might actually make this one

wangston

Smash Lord
Been grinding nonstop smash 4 online. No gc adapter though so I'm going ham on the game pad thing. Now that I've had to time to sit down and play it I really like it.

Top Bottom