• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UST 15 (Utah Melee Tournament - June)

Lada

Smash Apprentice
YazYaz: ill moey match you in melee

but one thing u have to be fox ;)

Gojira

Smash Lord
So true :laugh:

You could just always start it over
Start a new Bowser vs Peach MM over? I'ts one of my hardest matchups. Getting the two wins was hard enough and having to get them again because yazyaz is just a liar just trying to take advantage of me havening a record of a bad memory is just sad. He needs to stop lying, man up, and finish the MM PERIOD. He is just scared to lose to me for some forsaken reason and is trying trying to weasel out of it.

So here is my final offer Yaz, finish up this MM and if you lose, I will do a Bowser vs your shiek or something stupid you can win. How about that?

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
K so my wii gave me an error code when it was tring to load brawl yesterday so i'm not going to be able to bring it this time, It ended up working but i feel safer this way, sorry guys.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Also, if anyone wants to play SF 3rd Strike at all, you will need to BYOC. I do not have extras. Anything that could plug into a PS2 port would work, as long as no turbo functions are used.

I have MvC2 too, same controller restrictions apply (PS2, not DC).

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Start a new Bowser vs Peach MM over? I'ts one of my hardest matchups. Getting the two wins was hard enough and having to get them again because yazyaz is just a liar just trying to take advantage of me havening a record of a bad memory is just sad. He needs to stop lying, man up, and finish the MM PERIOD. He is just scared to lose to me for some forsaken reason and is trying trying to weasel out of it.

So here is my final offer Yaz, finish up this MM and if you lose, I will do a Bowser vs your shiek or something stupid you can win. How about that?
I watched them too and I don't remember you being ahead. But whatev, it doesn't concern me at all so I don't really care.

Nate, I have a wii/brawl that I'll bring tomorrow :)

Gojira

Smash Lord
I watched them too and I don't remember you being ahead. But whatev, it doesn't concern me at all so I don't really care.
He was never up,

I won Nuetral stage 1-0
He wins at Dreamland64 1-1
I win at Yoshis story 1-2
Yaz Counterpicks Mute City but we are stopped by Nate.

That is where the MM currently resides.

I said multiple times to Yaz, "I'm up 1-2 dont forget" with him nodding saying "Yeah I know" EVERY TIME during the rest of the tourney. Even as he was leaving the tourney I yelled "YOUR LEAVING ?" he responded "yes I GTG" I then said "but our MM....I guess we will finish it next tourney. " Yaz then leaned to look into the room as I said "Dont forget I am up 2-1, Yaz pointed at me and said yes I know"

I do have bad memory but this one stuck on me like glue. You may have watched Yaz beat me at Dreamland 64.............and for some reason"Oh yaz is ahead Gojira hasn't won any" Also....you say you remember Yaz being ahead....well, yaz last argued we are tied 2-2, so you really dont know the condtion of the MM.

LIES!! I beat you the first match on Yoshi's Island, then you beat me on Dreamland 64, then I beat you on Mute City, then you beat me on Yoshi's Island. It's tied 2-2 and it's my counter pick. My memory does not fail ;)
Also I am going back to quote one of the arguments Yaz made. According to Yaz, I beat him TWICE at Yoshis story. Which is impossible because of daves stupid rule. Yaz is just pulling **** out of his *** so he doesnt lose to ****ty ol Bowser.

So I will say this again Yaz,. Stop being a little wussy boy and finish the Money Match rather than lying your way out. =P

Also, any Pepper MM vs me in 3rd strike or MVC2?

Staz

Smash Lord
ill be doing a 3$ money match againts my toon link to anyone who accepts my challenge first
oh yeah

AND NO CG OR INFANITES

lengeta

Smash Ace
I'll have a TV for sure now, my usual good one. I thought I had access to a second Wii, but don't, sorries.

Oh, and I'm staying at a friends tonight, but forgot my DC controller. Should I head back and get it tomorrow, or just not worry and forget about it?

Staz

Smash Lord
I'll have a TV for sure now, my usual good one. I thought I had access to a second Wii, but don't, sorries.

Oh, and I'm staying at a friends tonight, but forgot my DC controller. Should I head back and get it tomorrow, or just not worry and forget about it?
head back and go get it tommorow :)

lengeta

Smash Ace
Ok, will do.
I just realized I forgot my camera too, and I need to get on the ball and take the occasional picture.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Also I am going back to quote one of the arguments Yaz made. According to Yaz, I beat him TWICE at Yoshis story. Which is impossible because of daves stupid rule. Yaz is just pulling **** out of his *** so he doesnt lose to ****ty ol Bowser.
That is not impossible. Dave's stupid rule says you can't counterpick a stage you've already won on...

LIES!! I beat you the first match on Yoshi's Island, then you beat me on Dreamland 64, then I beat you on Mute City, then you beat me on Yoshi's Island. It's tied 2-2 and it's my counter pick. My memory does not fail ;)
He won the first time on Yoshi's story then you counterpicked it and won the second time there. That doesn't go against Dave's stupid rule at all. Let's read posts carefully before we decide to quote them to back up our arguments, shall we? :laugh:

Gojira

Smash Lord
That is not impossible. Dave's stupid rule says you can't counterpick a stage you've already won on...

He won the first time on Yoshi's story then you counterpicked it and won the second time there. That doesn't go against Dave's stupid rule at all. Let's read posts carefully before we decide to quote them to back up our arguments, shall we? :laugh:
oops read it wrong.....

Yaz DID mention me losing at YS in person...... No matter how the whole thing went down I ended up being 2-1 with him choosing Mute City for us to be stopped by nate. So I present two possible scenarios that I believe to be what happened......

Scenario one

I won Nuetral stage 1-0
He wins at Dreamland64 1-1
I win at Yoshis story 2-1
Yaz Counter picks Mute City but we are stopped by Nate.

Scenario two(This actualy clicks a little better than the first scenario)
I lose Neutral stage 0-1
I win my counter pick 1-1
I then Beat Yaz at his counterpick 2-1
Yaz Counter picks Mute City but we are stopped by Nate.

Bottom line is, He did NOT beat me twice. He knows he didnt and I know he didnt. Thanks to You Ken eth it all is much clearer.

Again, does anyone want to pepper MM me in thrid strike or in MvC2?

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Ok, will do.
I just realized I forgot my camera too, and I need to get on the ball and take the occasional picture.
It's not on the DreamCast. You will need a ps2 controller, or arcade stick that can plug into a ps2 port, or a converter to ps2, for both MvC2 and 3S.

feelxmyxwrath

Smash Apprentice
for your information...we STARTED a match at mute city when FTS told us to stop our MM and I said to you "don't forget I'm up 2-1 your counter pick". FTS remembers it, the whole brigade remembers it, even Dylan Malloy who rarely comes out to the tournament remembers me saying it......seriously, man up and finish the MM and quit trying to tweak it to your favor.
lol I remember that too, I was standing next to dylan

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
Hey that was one heck of an awesome tournament! I didn't exactly win but it was way fun!

harpuia190

Smash Ace
well i got powned in singles but me and waff kicked trash in doubles!

anyway lets get the next tourney date up ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im thinking 12th or 19th

and to those who thought Panda Lap Dances HOOT HOOT HOOTing was annoying remember

THIS

YazYaz

Smash Apprentice
Gojira!! You're lucky I didn't have enough time to finish our money match cause I would've PWNED YOU!! Fun tourney though. FTS you rock for hosting these tourneys. I love you man.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Metal Awesome 4 Results

Metal Awesome 4 Results

Singles:

1: Dai-A
2: X
3: KenNeth
4: Yaz
5: Zeth
5: Staz
7: Mez
7: PerfectChaos
9: FallenProphet
9: Lada
9: WaffleCan
9: WildChild
13: Sage
13: CorruptFate
13: DarkRyu
13: Thuntsman
17: Lengeta
17: Rade
17: Slave
17: Gojira
17: JoboBaggins
17: Westen
25: Jack
25: Tenshi
25: Masamune
25: Kyser

Teams:

1: DK is broken (Dai + X)
2: Bag of Burritos (Rade + Waffle)
3: Smash (Kenny + Yaz)
4: Jigglylovers (Wild + Staz)
5: Nerf ICs (Slave + Fate)
5: We <3 Taya (Lada + Zeth)
7: Chaos Nanaya (PC + Nanaya)
7: Doesnt afraid of anything (Goji + Dryu)
9: Mez (MT team)
9: Gold Team (Travis + )
9: Samus + Tyler
9: Zelda Power (Masamune + Tenshi)

No VCR's were recording this time, but Lengeta should have some vids.

Also, for any power rnakings purposes, I'd like to point out that there was at least one case of a low ranking person losing only to 2 people ranked much higher, which means that their rank should have been higher than what they ended up in, but wasn't due only to the bracket.

Top Bottom