• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS US/EA Smash 4 eshop demo - September 19th

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah you can play matches as many times as you like. Just so long as you don't boot the game up from the system menu more than the amount of times they allow you to. 30 would be about fine I'd suppose.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
...I say again people. There is NO SOURCE.I have yet to see a single bit of confirmation on that date other than people saying they got it from GameXplain, which I don't get.

YamiKitsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1006-0928-7336
Correct. I never said this was confirmed.

But Sakurai's POTD let's us see a screenshot of the demo's"tips" screen.
...in english.
Hmmmmm..

Last edited:

espio87

Smash Ace
One thing I've been thinking about lately: access to a demo just days before release may have calmed down some of the hype. Sakurai may have done this on purpose to avoid people from paying attention when someone breaks the street date...

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
...I say again people. There is NO SOURCE.I have yet to see a single bit of confirmation on that date other than people saying they got it from GameXplain, which I don't get.
and gamexplain said they never told anyone that the demo comes out the 19th so we have no idea when it comes out outside japan, time to wait and see

Tenchi Boom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TenchiBoom
The only thing I'm annoyed about in this demo is the fact the voice acting for the characters (Mario, Link, Pikachu) are literally the exact same from Brawl. Link's bugs me the most.

When you've played Brawl for 1000 hours you can (understandably) get irritated by the voice clips.

Other than that, I WANT A DEMO NOW FOR GODS SAKE. The post of the day was an absolute slap in the face. :(

Last edited:

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
Sakurai's POTD almost confirmed will be getting a demo in America. Hopefully it's the 19th or sooner. I'd really hate to wait any longer. :p

Goten21

Smash Journeyman
Correct. I never said this was confirmed.

But Sakurai's POTD let's us see a screenshot of the demo's"tips" screen.
...in english.
Hmmmmm..
Like it wasn't enough already he said that we will get a treat soon (in the same pic)

oscuras

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2105-8721-7551
Sakurai dedicated 1 POTD (the 3rd last POTD ever) just for the E-shop demo. You know something's up.

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
There's still the Wii U version to go over.
Haven't the PTODs been referring to content that has to do with both versions of the game, though? If he continues after the game's release, it'll probably be more character reveals (Someone like Falco, maybe), and probably stuff like WiiU stages when the 3DS version has been out for a little while.

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
After Brawl was released, Sakurai kept posting about hidden content in the game. Not sure if he'll do that since the Wii U version isn't out yet, but there's still plenty he can talk about. It may not be as exciting (although it can't get worse than this week), but I doubt he'll stop this week.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Andre from Gamexplain denies knowing anything about the demo release date. I guess someone made it up

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
Andre from Gamexplain denies knowing anything about the demo release date. I guess someone made it up
Whelp, there go all my hopes and dreams.

Hopefully Sakurai's mention of it and the English tips menu means it's going sooner than the 19th! Yay, optimism..

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
He also said that it might be a good idea to take his denial with a grain of salt. Wouldn't be surprised if he's been told to say they know nothing.

HyperGumba

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Taro_Kuroyoko
3DS FC
4227-1462-6701
So it's just a rumor, after all? I was a little surprised to hear that they had such information while no one else had, but I am not surprised to hear this been debunked now.

Maybe we might get the demo sooner, then? I can't believe that we might get the demo two weeks after Japan got the full release...

AndreGX

Smash Rookie
He also said that it might be a good idea to take his denial with a grain of salt. Wouldn't be surprised if he's been told to say they know nothing.
That was a joke since the guy I quoted seemed skeptical of us as a source (as if we would lie about something like that). We know nothing of a US demo and have no idea how or why that rumor started

Last edited:

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
That was a joke since the guy I quoted seemed skeptical of us as a source (as if we would lie about something like that). We know nothing of a US demo and have no idea how or why that rumor started
WELL THEN.

I'll just keep my hopes and dreams to myself.

And watch everyone streaming it having all the fun.

m-muh smash

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Assuming it does come out the 19th, it would be 14 days away from the actual release. This means you could get away with booting up the game 2 times per day until the main release. I highly doubt you'll run out of uses before the main game comes out in the US unless you really screw up somehow.

nghsk

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0104-1554-6849
Um...doesn't the US eShop update on Wednesdays, not Fridays??
Sure, but they release stuff all the time on other days of the week. Organizing things to be released on one day of the week on a typical basis doesn't mean they can't do it any other day of the week, and for surprise cases like this (assuming it happens) it would work out in their favor.

Assuming it does come out the 19th, it would be 14 days away from the actual release. This means you could get away with booting up the game 2 times per day until the main release. I highly doubt you'll run out of uses before the main game comes out in the US unless you really screw up somehow.
Or you can just keep it on the charger and not turn it off.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
I sure hope this is true, my birthday is the 19th and even though none of my favorites are playable in this demo it'd be nice to play as female Villager for a little bit until the actual game comes out.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Making the demo last will be easy for some people. (At least for me.)

Simply turn on your 3DS and turn the demo on once each day. Leave your 3DS on while you're eating or doing something else, if you have to.

(If you can.)

Come to think of it, is the female villager even playable in the demo...? I'm not sure if I've seen any alternate costumes...
Female Villager is playable.

Last edited:

YamiKitsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1006-0928-7336
Yay that's good news. ^^

I'm sure Link players will be disappointed that that costume isn't available in the demo, but at least Link himself is playable.
Yeah. At least we have that.

I'm so ready for this game.

let's go let's go! Get hyped for the fight! We'll smash our rivals outta sight~

Top Bottom