• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS US/EA Smash 4 eshop demo - September 19th

YamiKitsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1006-0928-7336

At the time of this posting this is not confirmed. I heard it on cobanermani's smash 4 demo stream. Multiple times. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

...Even though 99% of SmashBoards is watching a stream right now.

Last edited:

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
He said he heard it through GameXplain... which could have been part of the embargo... It is all starting to make sense now...

Lord Goomy

Smash Apprentice
I am losing my mind waiting, so if this is true I may very well begin weeping out of joy.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Idc what characters they give us, I just want a free demo over here in the US already. It is free, right?

Last edited:

Trickerhere

Smash Ace
If it truly comes out that day guess I will be playing the demo all my free time with Mario and Link :p

YamiKitsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1006-0928-7336
The demo itself will have aboyt 10-30 uses. The characters will be Mario, Link, Pikachu, MegaMan, and Villager. Only one stage, Battlefield. Both versions.
You can press X on the stage select screen to get the FD version. And yes. It's free.

I also want to point out just for my satisfaction.

No names on character portraits.

Leak, confirmed again.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Don't get too excited there, as only Mario, Link, Pikachu, Villager, and Mega Man are usable in the Japan eShop demo.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I predict the demo being released at least 5 to 7 days before the US release date... also predict this with the Wii U.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Twelve hours ago an eshop demo seemed impossible. Not sure why you're trying to rain on everyone's parade because it's not the full game.
Maybe it's because the Japan residents who got to try the demo had way more character options to choose from. But I guess that demo was a retail demo.

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
Hoping this is true. Even if it's only five characters and one stage, I'd still play it if it came to NA's eShop.

Knife Myths

Smash Journeyman
Maybe it's because the Japan residents who got to try the demo had way more character options to choose from. But I guess that demo was a retail demo.
The US retail demos (Best Buy) had a much larger roster as well. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some Western retailers demoing a final build in store closer to the worldwide release.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
September 19th is so far away. I want it today v_v

espio87

Smash Ace
Great, so the hype I'm suffering from the Friday release in Japan will be replaced by the hype from recieving the demo next week. Is there no end to this?! :crazy:

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
The Wii U eShop typically updates on Thursdays. It has been a while since I've kept track of when the 3DS eShop updates though.
Well, in either case, that would somewhat disprove this unsubstatiated rumor, wouldn't it? I've seen no sources on this other than people in the Chat of a Smash demo stream.

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
Is this legit? Because I can't take the hype any longer... watching Mega Man is so cruel right now

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
I'm still shocked this demo just came out of nowhere. I hope this is true. My hype is through the roof. Although getting it sooner would be a beautiful thing, NoA.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I guess 30 demo uses will keep me at bay up until October 3rd. ;_;

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
Nice! Really nice!

Thanks for the info :grin:

If there are 30 uses... Well, to play daily for long sessions until release...

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The demo itself will have aboyt 10-30 uses. The characters will be Mario, Link, Pikachu, MegaMan, and Villager. Only one stage, Battlefield. Both versions.
You can press X on the stage select screen to get the FD version. And yes. It's free.

I also want to point out just for my satisfaction.

No names on character portraits.

Leak, confirmed again.
Villager eh? Guess I'm in luck as I was thinking of maining him, so I guess I can give him a test run and practice earlier to how his play style is like and all and decide whether or not I should just stick with Toon Link. Thanks for the info. :)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I wonder what'll happen if tomorrow EU's Eshop updates with the demo while US has to wait for 19nth. I'd say payback for keeping the demo away from Europe because BestBuy-promotion in US.

Maybe.

Top Bottom