• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

Airwave_NY

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, hosting our first larger event at Next Level Gaming in Albany (1720 Central Ave) this Saturday. We're going to have PM singles and doubles, Wii U singles, and Brawl Minus, as well as at least one dedicated melee setup for friendlys. We also run a weekly PM/Wii U singles tournament every Tuesday at 8 for anyone who might be interested.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1405180223134220/

You can find more details at our facebook event above.

Airwave_NY

Smash Rookie
Hey Capital Region peeps,
we're hosting our second Next Level Smash Series event on June 13th. This time we'll be hosting singles for all three of the major titles and we're hoping that this event will be even more successful than our last one.

https://www.facebook.com/events/407273016118308/

Also, just a quick reminder to anyone looking for weeklies in the Cap Region that we host every Tuesday at Next Level Gaming in Albany with Wii U and Project M singles brackets starting at 8. We also usually have a melee setup for anyone who wants to play friendly's in that.

Anyways, hope to see some new faces around as summer gets started.

Does anybody know about the RIT Smash Club because I was wondering if it continues to go on in the summer and if it is open to all ages because I'm in high school. Or if anybody else knows about any regular smash melee or PM venues in Rochester please let me know. Thanks!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:marthmelee::ganondorfmelee::drmario::falconmelee:

Last edited:

TheManaLord

Smash Hero

Sandshadow

Smash Cadet
Thanks! If anybody knows about any other venues that would be cool to know too.
Well Cusetown is going down in 2 weeks, which is only about an hour drive. See if you can get a ride down. I'll be there, so if you want to play friendlies with the best ****in Syracuse G&W in PM look for the green Game and Watch.

PS: I'm taking any Money Matches from those who think they have better G&W. Also, my results in the cusetown in Febuary never happened.

Last edited:
Well Cusetown is going down in 2 weeks, which is only about an hour drive. See if you can get a ride down. I'll be there, so if you want to play friendlies with the best ****in Syracuse G&W in PM look for the green Game and Watch.

PS: I'm taking any Money Matches from those who think they have better G&W. Also, my results in the cusetown in Febuary never happened.
Thanks for the offer but that probably won't happen. I can't picture my parents giving me a ride to Cuse just for a Smash tourney, especially since I'll probably get rekt. I would love to go tto a real tourney though. How big of a tournament is Cuse Town?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -

:marthmelee::ganondorfmelee::drmario::falconmelee:

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Planning on applying to Cornell. How's the smash scene in Ithaca? Specifically Melee and PM.
Syracuse, NY - Syracuse Smash
Ithaca, NY - Cornell Smash Club

Definitely post in their club for more info, Melee/PM are definitely consistent there. The larger events aren't far from Cornell up in Syracuse.

Thanks for the offer but that probably won't happen. I can't picture my parents giving me a ride to Cuse just for a Smash tourney, especially since I'll probably get rekt. I would love to go tto a real tourney though. How big of a tournament is Cuse Town?
They're the largest running tournaments in Upstate over 100 participants on average.

Sandshadow

Smash Cadet
Well, that sucks. As a high school smasher, I feel your pain when it comes to getting rides to upstate tournaments.

Well, that sucks. As a high school smasher, I feel your pain when it comes to getting rides to upstate tournaments.
I appreciate the sympathy although this is the first time I'm actually looking for people to play in Upstate. I just went to my first tourney at my school at got pooped on but I want to get better. A lot of the people I played were noobs but I was trying Ganon for the first time and I think my nerves kind of got to me.

Loup

The Wolf
NNID
Frishy
3DS FC
0877-0305-4883
So nothing for next month has been announced yet? Bummer, because if i don't find out soon i can't get those days off from work, just saying.

Loup

The Wolf
NNID
Frishy
3DS FC
0877-0305-4883
Summer is generally always quiet. Cusetown was a trend breaker in that respect, expect another towards summers end.

There is this on Sunday:

VESTAL, NY, SUNDAY JUNE 28th, MELEE
If people had expressed any real interest in going, i might possibly have planned on going to this. But it appears to be melee only, and i don't find it worth traveling to Binghamton just to only play in one event, which is Melee, which isn't even the game i'm halfway decent at, not that i wouldn't mind the practice. But not worth the drive, unless someone else is paying.

Blahloozer

Smash Rookie
NNID
Blahloozer
Hey guys, I'm looking to start up some monthly Smash 4 tournies in Niagara Falls, or somewhere close by. How many people would be interested so i can get an idea and start looking into venues to accommodate all of our needs and everything. I am a small time streamer on twitch, so if we get enough people there is potential to start streaming our events.
If you would be interested Comment on the thread that you're in, or PM me on here! I'm looking to get em started in August, and if we get big enough we can push them up to weeklies or Bi-weeklies.

Thanks guys! -Blah

Dandy_here

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I'm looking to start up some monthly Smash 4 tournies in Niagara Falls, or somewhere close by. How many people would be interested so i can get an idea and start looking into venues to accommodate all of our needs and everything. I am a small time streamer on twitch, so if we get enough people there is potential to start streaming our events.
If you would be interested Comment on the thread that you're in, or PM me on here! I'm looking to get em started in August, and if we get big enough we can push them up to weeklies or Bi-weeklies.

Thanks guys! -Blah
I don't play 4, but try asking in the Buffalo smash bros Facebook page.

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
Long time no see guys - I remember posting in this thread ~5 years ago before heading up to Buffalo for uni. I've graduated and am currently working in NYC. My sister bought a Wii U and Smash 4 and it reminded me of this place. Hope you guys are all doing well and I'm sorry for never making it out to anything back then.

Watching a lot of CEO, any NYS Smashers make it down? Hardly recognize half the names I'm seeing on the bracket.

Dandy_here

Smash Journeyman
Long time no see guys - I remember posting in this thread ~5 years ago before heading up to Buffalo for uni. I've graduated and am currently working in NYC. My sister bought a Wii U and Smash 4 and it reminded me of this place. Hope you guys are all doing well and I'm sorry for never making it out to anything back then.

Watching a lot of CEO, any NYS Smashers make it down? Hardly recognize half the names I'm seeing on the bracket.
The Moon, nuff said.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
No he's not upstate, but he's ny Gravy who used to hail from upstate did pretty well beating ken and taking ppu and others down to the wire

Airwave_NY

Smash Rookie
Saratoga has maybe 2-3 smashers, most of them being active when Skidmore is in session. If you post in the capital region smash group you'll find them - Space Jam usually drives down from Saratoga for the Thursday weekly at Pastime Legends and occasionally for the Tuesday Weekly at Next Level gaming.

Also happy to announce our next event at Next Level on August 22nd. Currently we're going to have PM, Melee, and Wii U singles and we're trying to fit melee doubles into the schedule as well. We had a really strong turnout from people all across upstate New York for the last Next Level Smash event and are hoping for an even greater turnout for this event. Hope that some of you will be able to make it out for what should be another great smashfest.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1474717506154532/

As an added bonus we offer the winner of the Project M tournament a custom made, character-specific trophy in addition to the normal prizes

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
07/26 Syracuse Smash Bi-Weekly #2

Check the pinned post on FB for details ^^^

Syracuse Smash Bi-weekly #1 results:

Smash4
1: kir
2: 1337-0
3: Noe3
4: Spqr
5: Freshie
5: draxel