• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uprise 12 - HOUSTON EDITION! - June 29th, 2013 - Houston, TX

Vinnie

Smash Master
Hey all. I'm going to be in TX from 5/29 to 7/29, so I decided to host an event. It's the twelfth event in the Uprise series.

The venue is awesome and has NO VENUE FEE! It's a tea lounge. However, I urge you to try some of their delicious tea, because it's really good and they're being awesome by not charging us venue fee.

Venue pictures:

We will be using the Apex ruleset, with the exclusion of Halberd.

Please bring setups!!

Schedule

12:00pm - Opens / setup
12:30pm - Registration
1:00pm - Doubles begins
3:00pm - Project M singles
4:00pm - Singles begins
5:00pm - Low tier doubles begins

Prices
Brawl Singles - $10
Brawl Doubles - $10/person
LT Doubles - $5/person
Project M Singles - $10/person

D

Deleted member

Looks neat, hope I can drive out there from Lewisville

Vinnie

Smash Master
Bump!! Invite your friends to this please! I'm not too familiar with the TX scene when it comes to advertising.

Setup list so far:
1. Sync
2. Sync
3. Sync
4. Sync
5. Vinnie
6. Zano
7. Leaf
8. Leaf?
9. ?

Tesh

Smash Hero
ill try to attend this

dont know if ur gonna need more than 8 setups for just brawl

EhrunSoup

Smash Rookie
I can get a crew from UFO in Austin to come out.... if someone can confirm some Project M. we can bring some setups

Strawhat09

Smash Journeyman
I can house people/host a smashfest on Friday at my place if people want to come over and play project m/brawl/melee/halo/cod/gears

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
I can get a crew from UFO in Austin to come out.... if someone can confirm some Project M. we can bring some setups

I don't think Vinnie has been able to get on Smashboards for a while, or at least he hasn't been on this thread. But I figured that if we brought our own setups, he shouldn't have a problem with us playing P:M on the side. Especially if we put in money for the Brawl brackets and buy some tea from the venue. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be there with some friends for the Brawl brackets. I'll be sure to bring my P:M setup though, so we can have some fun on the side.

TheFoolishPhilosopher

Smash Cadet
Organizing brackets is just downloading the program and putting the names in, right?
I'd honestly prefer not to, but if it's the difference between a Project M tournament happening or not happening, I can bring my laptop and take everyone down/make the bracket if someone else can record the final results and such and upload it here.

Strawhat09

Smash Journeyman
Organizing brackets is just downloading the program and putting the names in, right?
I'd honestly prefer not to, but if it's the difference between a Project M tournament happening or not happening, I can bring my laptop and take everyone down/make the bracket if someone else can record the final results and such and upload it here.
Yeah, I guess hosting a tourney wouldnt be that difficult. If we can get at least 10 people for project m, that would be hype.
I'm officially confirmed for this.
Since Vinnie's TOing, then I dont think it would be difficult for him to run the PM tourney.
I hope people from Austin show up to this too.

Blondie.

Smash Journeyman
Lol strawhat! You know there's an edit button right hahaha.

I have experience hosting Brawl tournaments with 40+ entrants, so if you guys need help it would literally be no trouble at all to host.

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
I was planning on bringing my laptop to organize the bracket.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Vinnie is currently IP banned from smashboards so I'm not sure if he has been checking this site much lately. I will personally make sure he sees all of this and responds before the end of this week though.

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
Vinnie is currently IP banned from smashboards so I'm not sure if he has been checking this site much lately. I will personally make sure he sees all of this and responds before the end of this week though.
Thank you Tesh. Your help is much appreciated. If Vinnie needs to contact me with details or further questions, I will send you my cell number in a PM.

Tesh

Smash Hero
whichever one of you is trying to run project m definitely pm me your number and ill give it to him

Vinnie

Smash Master
Sorry about all of this. I have no problem with hosting Project M, I just have to contact the venue owners first and make sure it's okay with them. I'll get back to you asap. Also trying to get a stream established.

Top Bottom