• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Update 1.0.4 Released!

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Ooooh, game balances? I wonder if the Down B lag cancel is still going be in.
Either way, I would like to see some buffs for Pikachu.
This, but I don't think too much needs buffing. Maybe something nice and small.

KingTeo

Smash Apprentice
With all the notoriety Mac attained, I'm gonna be pretty upset if they buffed his recovery or air game in any way, shape, or form. Actually....as a Little Mac main I wouldn't even mind if they nerfed his ground game. 411

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Honestly coming from myself and I hate Little Mac, I'd be okay if they just left him alone.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Little Mac is fine as is. Most people are worried about him because they have to face him on flat stages in For Glory. Get a couple of platforms up and the matchup will be quite different.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Little Mac is fine as is. Most people are worried about him because they have to face him on flat stages in For Glory. Get a couple of platforms up and the matchup will be quite different.
Well, that is the problem, most people play online in For Glory and there are no platforms in For Glory. This isn't a problem for tourney players, but those players happen to be the minority, as much as some people here try to deny.

Instead of nerfing Little Mac, they could add platforms to For Glory stages or even a "Battlefield Mode", but I wouldn't expect such thing from Nintendo, of all companies. That said, even without platforms, Little Mac isn't nearly as obnoxious as Lucario and Rosalina & Luma IMO.

EclipseSmash

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheHeroOfHylia
3DS FC
5043-3010-8901
Well, that is the problem, most people play online in For Glory and there are no platforms in For Glory. This isn't a problem for tourney players, but those players happen to be the minority, as much as some people here try to deny.

Instead of nerfing Little Mac, they could add platforms to For Glory stages or even a "Battlefield Mode", but I wouldn't expect such thing from Nintendo, of all companies. That said, even without platforms, Little Mac isn't nearly as obnoxious as Lucario and Rosalina & Luma IMO.
Lucario and RosaLuma are prime candidates for nerfs anyway.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I don't mind the idea of nerfing anyone but instead, I'd rather any returning vets that got some nerfs from Brawl just have things reverted back to their Brawl counterpart. Not everything, but some things.

BBC7

Smash Ace
If he wants to balance the game, then keep Rush Cancelling. That tech alone makes Mega Man much more powerful than he would be without it.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just want :4olimar: to be decent again.

Wraeith

Smash Cadet
As someone who's played quite a few competitive PC games made or broken by balance changes, I'm slightly concerned to see how they handle post-release changes. The patch notes being non-existent is bad enough, but we can only hope they don't just nerf characters considered good every month, buffing other characters by giving them more options to combat the "top-tiers" is preferable if possible.

With that said, don't expect anything. The first thing I see people do is jump to the conclusion that they're buffing their character without any justification and setting themselves up for disappointment. It reminds me of the infancy of ARTS/MOBA games.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
For Rosalina, the only thing I will be fine with nerf wise is having her kill moves kill later if maybe just by a bit. She really doesn't need to be harshly nerfed. Lucario also shouldn't be able to kill as early as we seen.

Meta Knight and Mart should have better range.

Yoshi's glitches should be removed and "wectoring" from Wario.

Olimar needs better Pikmin Ai.
Pikachu needs stronger kill moves. Maybe make thunder stronger?

I'm not to sure about Little mac. On one hand he may be fantastic on final destination. On the other, he is just good on other types of stages. Maybe a slight decrease in damage output? Honestly, he probably doesn't deserve any nerfs.

MitoRequiem

Smash Cadet
Might be the only one that doesn't think Rosalina should be nerfed at all, but if she had to be nerfed I'd say Luma respawn timer, Marth range buffs would be nice~ but I doubt I'll get any changes I want.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I don't think anyone should get nerfed right now but some characters for sure need some buffs.

Last edited:

kamus_aran

Smash Apprentice
YES. I'm excited to hear this :x

Please buff Palutena's Autoreticle and reduce the lag of her smash attacks or tilts :joyful:

Last edited:

MitoRequiem

Smash Cadet
YES. I'm excited to hear this :x

Please buff Palutena's Autoreticle and reduce the lag of her smash attacks or tilt :joyful:
I agree with this or at least buff her F-Smash range cause it'd kinda like Meta Knight sword tier lol

DoubleYooToo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3067-5211-9457
With all the notoriety Mac attained, I'm gonna be pretty upset if they buffed his recovery or air game in any way, shape, or form. Actually....as a Little Mac main I wouldn't even mind if they nerfed his ground game. 411
His air game and ground game should just be brought closer together and jolt haymaker and rising uppercut should be more effective as recovery options. Increase his air speed a bit and he's balanced. He can have an average air game without it being embarrassingly crippling and turning him into a scissors paper rock character, the K.O. bar (which should be changed to increase with hits, decrease with getting hit, and only decrease a bit if you get hit when it's full, you know like it ****ing worked in every Punch Out game that it's in) is already enough to make him a unique character.

Also, what the **** is up with that stupid voice? Did they just forget half way through designing him that they didn't just make him up and he was actually in some video games before Super Smash Bros? Get the guy who voiced him in Punch-Out Wii to reprise his role, at least for English versions of the game, and make him ****ing smile once in a while. Jesus Christ. I know none of this is going to happen, but it sure would be nice.

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
In the balance patch they should reinstate melee style dash dancing and reinstate momentum transfer from dash to jump. With those 2 things alone my enjoyment of smash 4 would actually skyrocket.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I hope for god's sake that they provide patch notes, I don't want the community having to do Nintendo's dirty work.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It'll be interesting to see what this patch will be offering. Of course, it does suck knowing that any replays that we've made before the patch will be rendered useless.

KingTeo

Smash Apprentice
His air game and ground game should just be brought closer together and jolt haymaker and rising uppercut should be more effective as recovery options. Increase his air speed a bit and he's balanced. He can have an average air game without it being embarrassingly crippling and turning him into a scissors paper rock character, the K.O. bar (which should be changed to increase with hits, decrease with getting hit, and only decrease a bit if you get hit when it's full, you know like it ****ing worked in every Punch Out game that it's in) is already enough to make him a unique character.

Also, what the **** is up with that stupid voice? Did they just forget half way through designing him that they didn't just make him up and he was actually in some video games before Super Smash Bros? Get the guy who voiced him in Punch-Out Wii to reprise his role, at least for English versions of the game, and make him ****ing smile once in a while. Jesus Christ. I know none of this is going to happen, but it sure would be nice.
Lol no.

Why should his air and ground game be brought closer together? There's absolutely no point. Speaking from a purely objective point of view, his extreme strength and weakness already balance each other out very well so he isn't like he's an unbalanced character. He has his uses, his style, his defining traits, and his match ups all established and they're all pretty fair so why go through the trouble of completely rebalancing him as a character? We already have countless balanced characters to choose from so making him just another well-rounded fighter would only make him stand out less as a character.

You're right. None of what you said is probably going to happen, and I'm pretty glad it won't.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Little Mac's ground game can be considered too powerful though, especially since he does dominate on Final Destination, along with any Omega Form stage.

DoubleYooToo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3067-5211-9457
Lol no.

Why should his air and ground game be brought closer together? There's absolutely no point. Let's ignore the fact that having the best ground game and the worst air-game just makes sense considering his origins and what he actually is. From a purely gameplay perspective, changing him wouldn't be a balancing issue since his air and ground game already balance each other out. All it would do is make him less of a unique character and just another well-rounded fighter which we already have plenty of.

"Considering his origins," did you ever notice he jumps off the ground for 3 out of the 5 punches he can perform in his first appearance? What he actually is, should they make Marth useless in the air too, because fencers only swordfight on the ground? That **** doesn't matter in smash. The K.O. bar is enough for him to be unique and a good representation of the Punch-Out games.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
If you want Little Mac to be good or even MEDIOCRE in the air you'd better expect giant nerfs to the ground game to compensate unless you genuinely want an imbalanced character because game design.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Ganon's side B should get the same properties as Falcon's and Fox's. This had to be an oversight, really. He is the only character that still has a side b that kills him off the stage.

pinkhairedprotagonist

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0103-9004-1386
The main thing I hope for is Rosalina nerfs and MK range buffs. How little the hitboxes on Metaknight match the animations bothers me so much.

Khao

Smash Lord
I can't help but to think that not listing specifics on what's actually getting patched is kind of... unprofessional.

Seriously, a general statement like this would be pretty much unthinkable for other companies.

Either way, I don't think we should be expecting many changes, obviously something will be changed/fixed because of the replay thingy, but I can't help but to think there'll be just a bunch of bug fixes.

KingTeo

Smash Apprentice
"Considering his origins," did you ever notice he jumps off the ground for 3 out of the 5 punches he can perform in his first appearance? What he actually is, should they make Marth useless in the air too, because fencers only swordfight on the ground? That **** doesn't matter in smash. The K.O. bar is enough for him to be unique and a good representation of the Punch-Out games.
And he jumps off the ground to deliver his side special and up special, just like in the game. But there's never been an option in any Punch Out game to jump into the air and perform aerial combos so that's a null point.

Marth is a fencer from a fantasy game. there's no innate connotation that fantasy swordsmen can or cannot jump so his jump and airspeed is pretty average.

When people think of boxers, especially when they're thinking about how to make a boxer stand out in a fighting game filled with some of the most colorful and unique characters, it's natural to think that boxers have the best ground game. And going off that, it's only natural to think that because of their mastery on the ground, to balance them out, they would have horrible air game. Unless you'd like to tell me that when you think of the word "boxer" you immediately think "master of aerial combat"408

Last edited:

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
They have to nerf everyone to the ground to make sure Mewtwo is SSSX tier when they release it.

Jk, jk. But I hope they mainly address any "extremes". So far, I don't think my main man Sonic really has any extremes to be addressed. Okay, I just really don't wanna see him nerfed xD

Hazzuh

Smash Rookie
I think people are expecting far too much from this patch. They are (most probably) getting rid of being able to cancel landing lag by throw an item. I imagine most of the other changes are going to be removing similar bugs/exploits. Given that most people agree these sorts of bugs have been a net positive for Melee and Brawl I seriously doubt we are going to be happy with Nintendo's idea of balancing.

AuraBreak

Smash Apprentice
The replay predicament is unfortunate.

Hoping they change the amount of time it takes for Luma to respawn after being killed.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
And he jumps off the ground to deliver his side special and up special, just like in the game. But there's never been an option in any Punch Out game to jump into the air and perform aerial combos so that's a null point.

Marth is a fencer from a fantasy game. there's no innate connotation that fantasy swordsmen can or cannot jump so his jump and airspeed is pretty average.

When people think of boxers, especially when they're thinking about how to make a boxer stand out in a fighting game filled with some of the most colorful and unique characters, it's natural to think that boxers have the best ground game. And going off that, it's only natural to think that because of their mastery on the ground, to balance them out, they would have horrible air game. Unless you'd like to tell me that when you think of the word "boxer" you immediately think "master of aerial combat"408
What happens once you hit 0?

Seriously, I had some good replays, why would you do this to me?!
On the other hand, balancing.....

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663
I hope they don't take Peach, Link and Toon Link's down b lag cancelling shenanigans. It's literally like the one thing that makes Toon Link's down air worth using, while Link and Peach just appreciate it being there. Also I hope that Rush Cancelling stays in. Overall, I kinda hope they don't start taking techs away from any characters at all. Re-arranging damage, move lag and other such things are great imo, I think some characters really need it. Major thing in my opinion would be buffs to Olimar in the form of making his Pikmin not suicidal.

gameprodigy12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gameprodigy12
3DS FC
2423-2583-7165
Rosalina doesn't need any nerfs, she's a balanced character but I can see complaints for some of the other characters.

Top Bottom