• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unused Animations For Custom Moves Found!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Hmm interesting

As interesting as the duck hunt and mr game and watch amiibo leak

But isn't it possible a patch could add the missing customs

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I wonder if they ever considered bringing back Melee Link's spin attack as a custom move... Hope it's in as DLC. And how about some bombs that take damage from Link's attacks, like in PM? I love the bomb tricks you can pull off in that game just for that one behavior lol.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Just looks like early, unfinished versions of the current moves we already have. They all look the same, but scrapped or is crap data. Very disappointing news!!! Unused animations? You don't say!

Cr@zy &nger

Smash Rookie
NNID
crazydylan123
3DS FC
1332-8755-9018
It's amazing to see people find these weird glitches like this.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
SInce they managed to look this deep in the game.... I wonder if they can find any data on Ice Climbers since Sakurai confirmed they worked fine in the game
Actually yeah! I wonder if they are in the game. Would be interesting to see if they are in the 3DS files too. Though I'm not up to scratch to if they found everything on the 3ds version or not.

Gionni

Smash Apprentice
I see why the moves were cut, it's would have took a lot of time to implement all of them in the game, I wouldn't mind the unlocking part but that's probably thanks to my sisters that also play the game, anyway they look pretty cool, and luigi sliding with his tornado is awesome

Gionni

Smash Apprentice
You know, this could be the basis for DLC in the future.
It could, but Sakurai said he didn't want to do any more DLC, I know that he often changed his mind but he just finished the game and he's still working on mewtwo, I imagine him really tired after all of this, but you never know

LiVeR

Smash Rookie
... It seems that for Smash 4 it was once planned for each character to have four customs moves! Someone has hacked into the game and shown that incomplete animations of every character's 4th customs move exists on the disc. The videos below document what these moves look like ...

Posted that more than a week ago.

/threads/mechanics-techniques-discussion.368206/page-15#post-18281750

threads/mechanics-techniques-discussion.368206/page-16#post-18312180

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
Sakurai better make a DLC announcement before we start finding the cut veterans. :wolf::lucas::popo:
Well Icees are gone unless Sakurai changes his mind again like he did at the beginning of development for several things that didn't end up being true

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
Actually yeah! I wonder if they are in the game. Would be interesting to see if they are in the 3DS files too. Though I'm not up to scratch to if they found everything on the 3ds version or not.
Just sound files and I am not surprised because they didn't work on the 3ds so its easy to say they got almost completely wiped however he DID Say that they were RUNNING on Wii U

TheBuddyAdrian

Smash Cadet
NNID
thebuddyadrian
Vid 2
9:16 Dark Pit is trying out his new toy gun!
9:55 Umm Whats up with you Pac Man???
Vid 1
START Fireballs freezing people? That ruins the point.
0:32 Luigi still has the best wavedash
9:19 Palutena = NO LANDING ANIMATION

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Mr. Game & Watch's 4th Chef uses his Melee animation (which had his mouth slightly open before Brawl closed it) but I don't know what difference it would have from his standard one. It's possible he could send out only sausages (like he did in Melee).
His 4th Oil Panic would probably make it work like in Melee/Brawl, where projectiles always fill a single unit instead of usually instafilling.
His 4th Judge uses the same animation as the other 3 and would probably have more effects for the numbers (I think PM does this). That, or everything but a 1 or 9.
His 4th Fire looks like it gains normal high, but looks he fastfalls and stays in the same G&W frame instead of changing to multiple frames. It could either be like his Melee up-B but without becoming helpless or he could gain a hitboxed parachute similar to his Melee nair, but doesn't make him cycle through G&W frames.

tl;dr: Melee Chef, Melee Oil Panic, Judge with extra effects (or no 1s and 9s), Melee Fire (possibly with a damaging parachute like Melee's nair).

Last edited:
Top Bottom