• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

WEK-Sector Pirate

Smash Apprentice
hey bagan, quick question, how do upload a singular banner for brawl vault submissions, like with your uploads and Smash 3C's?
just did Kraid and wanted to try something different.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Those cutscenes were misleading! (Or just dark lighting)
Dark lighting. In-game sprites are more reliable.
hey bagan, quick question, how do upload a singular banner for brawl vault submissions, like with your uploads and Smash 3C's?
just did Kraid and wanted to try something different.
First, you make album with in-game previews (those are required), then put link to it in preview 1. Then, you replace thumbnail 1's link with link to image with 492x131 resolution. Done.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Last edited:

TeckMajik

Smash Rookie
So does this remove Pit? Pit's a pretty good fighter in my opinion, so I don't want him to be replaced. It seems like this would remove Pit because you have to replace his fighter files in the tutorial.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
So does this remove Pit? Pit's a pretty good fighter in my opinion, so I don't want him to be replaced. It seems like this would remove Pit because you have to replace his fighter files in the tutorial.
Yes, it does. The only things left from him are trophies, records data and other minor things. There is no way to avoid it right now. I had PyortLuzhin's .rel files for ports over Olimar, Toon Link and/or ROB, but they no longer are usable because they won't allow Ridley to grab opponent during Side B.

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
Hey so in case you guys haven't heard yet SilentDo0m will be doing a 24 hour animation stream to raise money to head to Paragon in September. What's even cooler is that the 1st 12 hours is gonna be Ridley animation!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Hey so in case you guys haven't heard yet SilentDo0m will be doing a 24 hour animation stream to raise money to head to Paragon in September. What's even cooler is that the 1st 12 hours is gonna be Ridley animation!
Oh, great! Haven't seen those since...March? April? Anyway, i hope i'll get at least ideas for animations. Until then, i'll be working on something.

Last edited:

MerryShadow

Smash Cadet
I hope he kept himself up to date with the lastest changes. And that he won't do like last time and fundamentaly change moves because he prefer his own idea (if he still plan to give those animation to you, Bagan).
That aside, HYPE! I love watching SDoom animate.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
For the record @ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros , I just asked SilentDo0m about him handing over the animations and he said he'd like to give them to you all at once. That's why he's been holding back from doing so already. Should get a lot done in twelve hours, too...

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
For the record @ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros , I just asked SilentDo0m about him handing over the animations and he said he'd like to give them to you all at once. That's why he's been holding back from doing so already. Should get a lot done in twelve hours, too...
Oh, good. Mostly last part, but still. Is he redoing only attack, movement and taunt animations? Its going to take a lot of time to remake other animations (there are 200+ of them).

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Small update: i started recreation of SilentDo0m's newest animations. For example, DAir:

All of them will come with proper changes to the attack or coding (for DAir, don't worry - pogo tail will still be present). NAir is not one of the animations that will be updated though. To be honest, that animation looks pretty stupid and it would also make he attack useless. I will also update ground jump animation. Don't expect them to have same quality though.

If you haven't seen those new animations:
http://zippy.gfycat.com/EnviousGorgeousIcelandgull.webm - Ground Jump
http://zippy.gfycat.com/LimpingGoodnaturedIggypops.webm - FAir
http://zippy.gfycat.com/PositiveWellinformedAfricanwilddog.webm - UAir
http://zippy.gfycat.com/PotableHighlevelGlowworm.webm - DAir

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Hey Bagan did you see Sdoom's Up Air and Forward Smash? I thought they were pretty cool
I saw both. I posted link to UAir above and plan on recreating that animation until i get the original one. As for FSmash, i don't like it much). It doesn't looks any more powerful than his jab i prepared for next update and its just a random claw swipe.
Since i haven't really shown that updated jab, here is animation for it (its 2x faster in the game though, but i can't replicate that):
Yeah, i just used Other M animation and replaced part where it goes to standing pose. But it works, so, its origin doesn't matters.

Last edited:

MerryShadow

Smash Cadet
Small update: i started recreation of SilentDo0m's newest animations. For example, DAir:

All of them will come with proper changes to the attack or coding (for DAir, don't worry - pogo tail will still be present). NAir is not one of the animations that will be updated though. To be honest, that animation looks pretty stupid and it would also make he attack useless. I will also update ground jump animation. Don't expect them to have same quality though.

If you haven't seen those new animations:
http://zippy.gfycat.com/EnviousGorgeousIcelandgull.webm - Ground Jump
http://zippy.gfycat.com/LimpingGoodnaturedIggypops.webm - FAir
http://zippy.gfycat.com/PositiveWellinformedAfricanwilddog.webm - UAir
http://zippy.gfycat.com/PotableHighlevelGlowworm.webm - DAir
Ok, that Upair is pretty damn cool. Same with the jump, very dynamic.
Fair i can dig, the hit box seems to have similar position, and we can trade a bit of start up for a bit more vertical range.
Dair, i like the non symmetrical pose, but i need to see it in game.

Someone on the twitch chat was suggesting having the SDoom!Nair be a multihit move, but i really don't like the idea. I guess we could try it out, just to show good will, but yeah i don't like it too.

Yes..? It always was there. Unless you mean that version when it also bounced off the ground because that will NEVER happen again.
Just thought of something, would the broken pogo tail be less broken if it only happened when you use the "going through" version? So either you bounce on your opponent, or you bounce on the ground. That's something to consider.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Ok, that Upair is pretty damn cool. Same with the jump, very dynamic.
Fair i can dig, the hit box seems to have similar position, and we can trade a bit of start up for a bit more vertical range.
Dair, i like the non symmetrical pose, but i need to see it in game.

Someone on the twitch chat was suggesting having the SDoom!Nair be a multihit move, but i really don't like the idea. I guess we could try it out, just to show good will, but yeah i don't like it too.

Just thought of something, would the broken pogo tail be less broken if it only happened when you use the "going through" version? So either you bounce on your opponent, or you bounce on the ground. That's something to consider.
FAir will just deal less knockback. It will be fine this way since it has more range than before.
Then wait. I'll be done with those 4 animations within 2 days...i think...

I won't even try. Multihit or not, its still enough of a nerf to make it useless since FAir will have more range anyway, so, there will be no point in using something that has barely any range. Also, its inconsistent with how its shown in other attacks. Even without that, i hate the animation. It looks stupid.

"Going through" version will not be available to make room for pogo tail version (default one will be him just thrusting his tail downwards without falling). And this won't help anyway - you will bounce up either way and that was the issue - you could spam this move and get back into the air very quickly.

Last edited:

MerryShadow

Smash Cadet
I won't even try. Multihit or not, its still enough of a nerf to make it useless since FAir will have more range anyway, so, there will be no point in using something that has barely any range. Also, its inconsistent with how its shown in other attacks.
Also, its inconsistent with how its shown in other attacks.
Exactly what i argued. Word. for. Word. And the dude kept on saying it was not a problem since uptilt is multihit too. IN 1.77!
I swear, i rarely get that pissed off.

Last edited:

Depressedzombieluigi

Smash Apprentice
Bagan could you please please please change Ridley's F Smash to the one Sdoom made? I don't care if you have to tweak the jab just do it plz

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Yes, it does. The only things left from him are trophies, records data and other minor things. There is no way to avoid it right now. I had PyortLuzhin's .rel files for ports over Olimar, Toon Link and/or ROB, but they no longer are usable because they won't allow Ridley to grab opponent during Side B.
Funny you should mention that... I just fixed it. I also fixed the sword trail glitch, among other things. I'm also planning to make a soundbank, but if someone else makes one first, I'll use that bank for this universal port. If anyone wants to test it out, here's a link. Let me know if there are any glitches.

Link: https://mega.co.nz/#!OU40lDbL!JCZfVFPCFLUVhZv9Q73eFMvXJKogvSnFBHqdsb_lijQ

Top Bottom