• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

The Kitten Burglar

Smash Cadet
I'd suggest reducing the amount of effects on fireballs to start with (I thought there were too many layered on to begin with).

Are you using the updated model?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I would suggest not adding more moves to his move set. Think about it. From Relax Alex upload of your Ridley's mod showcase, it didn't have this problem. And I actually liked his old fireball downwards shot in the air move. I believe you should have left Ridley's move set how it was then and just focused on balancing. The mod alone is already too good to be true. Try not to make it anymore too good to be true. Unless it a backfire. I know its exciting, but you should make the best of the best you already have. I want to see this mod officially added to Project M someday. I fear if they notice the creator of the mod continuously having difficulties with his work, they may turn down the suggestion. Don't make the project more harder on you then it needs to be. Once you finish the balancing, you should be done.
Im changing moveset according to the feedback and original moveset i planned for him when he still used Lucario as a base (command grab is among them). It didn't had that problem for other reasons. If it would be because of file size or anything like that, then it wouldn't crash just because he shoots a fireball. It means its something about new module file.
Got it.
Didn't seem spiteful
Cool. Also that video with the pirate thing always makes me laugh. Think you can send me the pics, gifs, and videos that involve that FNAF style Ridley of yours Bagan?
There are only 3 gifs like that (one of them was my signature, another one is seen in the video and another one was made for a social thread, but its seizure-inducing and is related to Illuminati) and thats all he is involved in. I'll just have to dig up them in my previous posts.
I'd suggest reducing the amount of effects on fireballs to start with (I thought there were too many layered on to begin with).

Are you using the updated model?
Then it will be obvious that its just a orange sphere because without all of those layers, there is nothing but a very simple model of Meta Ridley's giant fireball. I removed all of those trails from it because they abruptly disappear once fireball hits something.

Yes, but game crashes only if he uses fireballs, so, its not the model either.

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
could you make the back air like charizards in ssb4? its just a single vertical tail swing that does unbelieveable damage and knockback at the blade but its weak on the tail, it also has high endlag and its slow-ish.

Warzenschwein

Smash Journeyman
could you make the back air like charizards in ssb4? its just a single vertical tail swing that does unbelieveable damage and knockback at the blade but its weak on the tail, it also has high endlag and its slow-ish.
That's basically his old Bair... which was OP as hell.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
That pretty much is his old BAir. The only reason i replaced that masterpiece was because it had too much range and was too powerful and reliable.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
That pretty much is his old BAir. The only reason i replaced that masterpiece was because it had too much range and was too powerful and reliable.
Yeah, as effective as it was, it made edgeguarding waaay too powerful as Ridley. It was best to replace it with a less absurd BAir, really.

EDIT: On another note, I really wish we could have gotten the Other M-like Meta Ridley you made as an alt, Bagan. But that's a sad pipe dream, alas.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Yeah, as effective as it was, it made edgeguarding waaay too powerful as Ridley. It was best to replace it with a less absurd BAir, really.

EDIT: On another note, I really wish we could have gotten the Other M-like Meta Ridley you made as an alt, Bagan. But that's a sad pipe dream, alas.
That and old FAir.

Its not that much of a pipe dream. I by myself can't do it, but i can prepare everything required for it (in same kind of mock up i did before, but posed to fit Ridley in T-pose so all that would be required is rigging those parts to Ridley's body) for those who wants to try it. It we won't get that, then we will still have Captain Ridley. Not as awesome, but still nice to have.

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
That and old FAir.

Its not that much of a pipe dream. I by myself can't do it, but i can prepare everything required for it (in same kind of mock up i did before, but posed to fit Ridley in T-pose so all that would be required is rigging those parts to Ridley's body) for those who wants to try it. It we won't get that, then we will still have Captain Ridley. Not as awesome, but still nice to have.
Did you model Captain Ridley yourself? Or was that the doing of someone else? Either way, i'm really liking it so far!

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Eehhh...may as well at least try to help, even in minute ways. Besides that, I've already got the Ridley model, so all I'd really need are the parts to make him into Meta Ridley.
well, i'd be using a tutorial for it; but as long as I get it down well, it should be fine. :p It'd be easier than animating, at least.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
if you can put all the stuff on the model, I can probably rig it pretty fast. Depending on when I have free time.

3ds max is playing nice again

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
There are only 3 gifs like that (one of them was my signature, another one is seen in the video and another one was made for a social thread, but its seizure-inducing and is related to Illuminati) and thats all he is involved in. I'll just have to dig up them in my previous posts.
Yup yup that is fine sorry if you gotta work to get them... Actually if you gotta work to getvthem don't haha.
Lmao Illuminati.

SyphoV2

Smash Cadet
NNID
SyphoV2
3DS FC
1504-5926-1350
Once the next update is out (along with 3.6) I'm going to write a detailed report on how I feel about this mod and what needs to be worked on. As it is, Ridley has too many options and some of his moves are unfair, including their variations. At this point, he is not balanced as character, much less a Smash fighter. However, I do like this mod. I just feel he doesn't fit in yet.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Eehhh...may as well at least try to help, even in minute ways. Besides that, I've already got the Ridley model, so all I'd really need are the parts to make him into Meta Ridley.
well, i'd be using a tutorial for it; but as long as I get it down well, it should be fine. :p It'd be easier than animating, at least.
...er...i kinda failed to understand what exactly are you saying.
if you can put all the stuff on the model, I can probably rig it pretty fast. Depending on when I have free time.

3ds max is playing nice again
Good. I will have to resize those parts noticably (by ~1500%) though. Will that affect anything?
Yup yup that is fine sorry if you gotta work to get them... Actually if you gotta work to getvthem don't haha.
Lmao Illuminati.
Its easy to find them. I sent them already.
So what date do you think the next update will be?
I don't know. I have to fix fireballs first. I could just disable them for next update since that prevents any crashes from Neutral B, but thats gonna suck.
Once the next update is out (along with 3.6) I'm going to write a detailed report on how I feel about this mod and what needs to be worked on. As it is, Ridley has too many options and some of his moves are unfair, including their variations. At this point, he is not balanced as character, much less a Smash fighter. However, I do like this mod. I just feel he doesn't fit in yet.
Not sure how they are undair and what you mean by too many options, but i guess i'd better wait for a more detailed feedback.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I will have to resize those parts noticably (by ~1500%) though. Will that affect anything?
Probably not. Then again, won't find out until you actually do it lol
In my personal opinion, it'd be best just to include both sizes just in case. Covering both options is a pretty good idea so that you have limitations on what works or not.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Probably not. Then again, won't find out until you actually do it lol
Hopefully, it won't.
In my personal opinion, it'd be best just to include both sizes just in case. Covering both options is a pretty good idea so that you have limitations on what works or not.
Its gonna be a pain to resize them again though. Will try anyway.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I hope you don't mind that I'm doing this, Bagan, because it's going to be a pretty big undertaking; but I figured that I need to get my chops in BrawlBox somehow...and I also figure that, being a Space Pirate, I should honor the Commander somehow...

Ladies and gentlemen (and Space Pirates), meet the Project M Ridley - Retro Revamp!
IT BEGINS.png

As you can plainly tell, it's currently very early in development; the only animation I have done so far is the first wait, and even then it's still a W.I.P, and it lacks any textures. But that's for later; currently, I need to focus on the actual animations.
I'm using the same animation set as Bagan's Ridley (since this is a alternative version of it), but just modifying it so that it doesn't look horrifically deformed on the Brawl model. I may need to add more bones to the model to make it look better than it does right now, though (the tail, in particular, is really stiff at the moment).

But that's the fun of it; not only do I get to have the chance to improve my BrawlBox animating skills, I can also contribute to arguably one of my favourite Brawl mods of all time.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I hope you don't mind that I'm doing this, Bagan, because it's going to be a pretty big undertaking; but I figured that I need to get my chops in BrawlBox somehow...and I also figure that, being a Space Pirate, I should honor the Commander somehow...

Ladies and gentlemen (and Space Pirates), meet the Project M Ridley - Retro Revamp!
View attachment 47616

As you can plainly tell, it's currently very early in development; the only animation I have done so far is the first wait, and even then it's still a W.I.P, and it lacks any textures. But that's for later; currently, I need to focus on the actual animations.
I'm using the same animation set as Bagan's Ridley (since this is a alternative version of it), but just modifying it so that it doesn't look horrifically deformed on the Brawl model. I may need to add more bones to the model to make it look better than it does right now, though (the tail, in particular, is really stiff at the moment).

But that's the fun of it; not only do I get to have the chance to improve my BrawlBox animating skills, I can also contribute to arguably one of my favourite Brawl mods of all time.
F*** this model. Delete it and never even try to use it. Its not Ridley. I will not accept that. I hate it a lot more than what Sakurai did to Ridley and model of that stage hazard. I'd rather completly destroy everything i worked on than...
...Just use original Brawl Ridley model. Please, it isn't that horrible. Its a lot harder to use, but its better than this unholy piece of s**t. Just compare:

...anyway, have this for now:

Helmet looks ridicolous, but im working on that right now (im trying to make it fit his head better and remove any clipping like what is seen here). At its current, uncleaned state, its a mess of unused bones, redundant materials and unused parts of models. Textures used are desaturated versions by default since Meta Ridley's skin is grey-ish purple.
Things left to "attach":
  • Arm armor (based off MP3 Meta Ridley's);
  • Shoulderpads;
  • Something mechanical on the neck (based off MP3 Meta Ridley).
This pretty much is a mix of MP1 and MP3 Meta Ridley...s and Other M cyborg Zebesians. That weird part on the back of Ridley's head looks a lot like Mecha Ridley's, so, i left it here.

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Meta Ridley's turning out well. I'll be really happy so long as you make the metal pieces more or less colored the same once they're all put on (preferrably in that gunmetal color the tail has).
I support this idea, but if you're going to use a retro model, I don't think either rendition of the Brawl model cuts it. Personally the Melee model looks the most classic to me (and would look great if the textures got a slight update), but do what you think is best.

PrinceGal3n

Smash Journeyman
Meta Ridley's turning out well. I'll be really happy so long as you make the metal pieces more or less colored the same once they're all put on (preferrably in that gunmetal color the tail has).
I support this idea, but if you're going to use a retro model, I don't think either rendition of the Brawl model cuts it. Personally the Melee model looks the most classic to me (and would look great if the textures got a slight update), but do what you think is best.
I'm going to have to go with Pseudo here. The Melee trophy model would be a better classic version as opposed to the Brawl model, which is alright I guess. I am so excited for the Meta Ridley alt. The fusion of MP1, MP3 and Other M references is going to make him very unique.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I'm going to have to go with Pseudo here. The Melee trophy model would be a better classic version as opposed to the Brawl model, which is alright I guess.
Question, then; where exactly can I get the Ridley model from Melee? I've been looking for it all over the Internet but I can't seem to find it.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Well of course. I can't leave them like this. And they will look better with all of those extra effects like speculars and rimlighting.

Melee model would also require to overall be improved to look like Wii model.
Question, then; where exactly can I get the Ridley model from Melee? I've been looking for it all over the Internet but I can't seem to find it.
Unfortunately, you can't get it in required state. You have to T-Pose Melee trophy model for that.

Found a way to make Ridley's helmet a lot less bulky. But i can't find anything that could be used as armor for his arms...Other M Samus' shin armor would probably fit, but they may look weird.

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
After a brief look I can't seem to find it either, but maybe you could ask for some help on KC-MM. They might even be able to T-pose it over there.
Well of course. I can't leave them like this. And they will look better with all of those extra effects like speculars and rimlighting.

Melee model would also require to overall be improved to look like Wii model.
Okay, great.

It would definitely take some work but fortunately Melee models held up pretty decently over the years. It's not impossible, for sure.

Kusumi

Smash Rookie
By any chance does someone have a wifi-safe RSBE01 file? I cant really edit the .gct file since none of the code managers Ive seen work with Mac as they are .exe files. Just wondering because it would be nice to have replays work along with this.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
I know. But i don't know how to fix them since its not related to the codes in FitPit.pac file.

He is not finished yet.
No no no when I said everything grosses me out I meant all other forms of Ridley, the model you're working on looks fine!!!!

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Update on helmet model:

Now i need to fully cover his jaw and remove all of the junk inside of his mouth. Sides of his head that have spikes on them aren't covered because thats were upper part of his helmet ends, not because parts of it clip through them.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Just some info on the alt (not about the model itself):
I will include extra version of FitPit.pac file that changes properties of some of the attacks (not damage, knockback, hitlag, etc, just hit sounds and hit GFX) for last 5 costumes, like Mario and Dr.Mario. Colors included for both models will be default, red, green, blue and black. List of changes when using Meta Ridley:
  • Shockwave from his aerial Down B is replaced with a ring of fire.
  • Added fire GFX to Ridley's feet during aerial Down B.
  • All hit GFX and SFX from aerial Down B replaced with fire.
  • Hit GFX and SFX from Up Smash replaced with electricity.
  • (most likely won't work) Fireball replaced with a short burst of plasma beam (it will have same size, damage, etc, but it will leave a trail after it like ROB's beam does, making it look more like what it should be).
  • Wing flap SFX replaced with more fitting one.
All 10 Meta Ridley recolors will be included, but they will have to be manually installed. By default, Firebrand Ridley is replaced by default Meta Ridley alt.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I also began futzing about with the skin files (meaning running them all around filters) and got some neat alts out of the tomfoolery; one that I based on melanism (which ultimately turned into a shiny Charizard-like skin for some reason) and one albino skin. These were obviously gotten by messing around with the hue, saturation and brightness of them, along with making them black and white (and man, making the wing membranes stand out was a PITA :p).

Inside the .zips are the skins themselves. I may not be a terribly good animator, but at least I can make some decent-looking alternate skins. :p

Each skin comes with it's own custom eye texture, as well; I figured I'd at least go the extra mile if I want to be decent.

Attachments

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I feel like the fireball thing will be impossible almost Bagan. Unless we make Meta Ridley on Rob lol!
It will be possible if fireballs will respond to a code which...er...tells which skin is used. Pit's arrows have a trail effect for them, just like ROB's laser, so, with right GFX used, it will look like a thicker version of ROB's beam. If fireballs don't respond to that code, then it still will be fitting since Meta Ridley can use fireballs in MP3.
I also began futzing about with the skin files (meaning running them all around filters) and got some neat alts out of the tomfoolery; one that I based on melanism (which ultimately turned into a shiny Charizard-like skin for some reason) and one albino skin. These were obviously gotten by messing around with the hue, saturation and brightness of them, along with making them black and white (and man, making the wing membranes stand out was a PITA :p).

Inside the .zips are the skins themselves. I may not be a terribly good animator, but at least I can make some decent-looking alternate skins. :p

Each skin comes with it's own custom eye texture, as well; I figured I'd at least go the extra mile if I want to be decent.
Albino Ridley looks grey and lifeless like a ghost and has low-res textures for eyes.
I like me- black color more, but it needs to be less saturated.

Top Bottom