• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
That's the first I heard of that as well.
Man, I really hope it gets fixed. Like really lol.
I love him too much. My eyes are on the move set.
Recreating the moves again may be the only option, a very tedious thing I'm sure.
From like scratch but with the timing and power of your updated versions.
About that. V1.77 is EXACTLY what you are talking about unless im mistaken. I applied same changes from v1.5 and v1.75 to v1.0. Looks like it didn't worked.

Last edited:

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
No, just edited old one. Either way, i don't think just redoing all of that all over again will help since coding and GFX (the only things in FitPit.pac file) will remain same.
Who knows?
I'm honestly willing to commission someone to help you. Dead serious, though I know of no one.

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I'd have to agree to Blackhound, we need to go back to Ver. 1.0 and apply each fix (suggesting to fix the down b glitch first BTW) until a fix causes a crash then skip it. This may seem tedious, but it is our only option at this point.

Edit: Though I have to ask, if Ridley was added to PM via its' clone engine, will it have the same problems?

Last edited:

PrinceGal3n

Smash Journeyman
@ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros I have just tested the FitPit.pac from 1.76 in comparison to the one from 1.77. The grab freeze is not present within 1.76, but the end match freeze is present (win or lose). In 1.77, end match freeze is not present but the grab freeze is. Could there be a way to take the grab mechanic from 1.76 and put it in 1.77 to fix the problem?

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
All of the changes are great. Ridley feels much more balanced in 1.75. Single player modes usually work but sometimes will also crash. I can infinitely play SSE without problem though (unless I end up getting a mega mushroom, then I get stuck for a while). For now I'll stick with 1.0 and continue my quest to beat boss battles on intense mode as OP Ridley.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
All of the changes are great. Ridley feels much more balanced in 1.75. Single player modes usually work but sometimes will also crash. I can infinitely play SSE without problem though (unless I end up getting a mega mushroom, then I get stuck for a while). For now I'll stick with 1.0 and continue my quest to beat boss battles on intense mode as OP Ridley.
You and me did the same thing lmao

Kurukato87

Smash Apprentice
I think the crashes may be a GCT error. From my somewhat limited understanding, if it crashes on the results screen, just before the Ridley name pops up, then it is most likely because the code doesn't work right or it conflicts with another code.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
@ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros I have just tested the FitPit.pac from 1.76 in comparison to the one from 1.77. The grab freeze is not present within 1.76, but the end match freeze is present (win or lose). In 1.77, end match freeze is not present but the grab freeze is. Could there be a way to take the grab mechanic from 1.76 and put it in 1.77 to fix the problem?
Did you test 1.77 on a hackless of build PM by any chance? O_O

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Deleting the Spy files stops the crashes from happening.

EDIT: false alarm. They still happen.

Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
I think the crashes may be a GCT error. From my somewhat limited understanding, if it crashes on the results screen, just before the Ridley name pops up, then it is most likely because the code doesn't work right or it conflicts with another code.
Yeah these crashes might because of the coding maybe a code or two is conflicting with one of PM's codes maybe.

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Seems that there are various bugs for various users. I can't think of a reason as to why that would be.
Usually when that happens, you have to start the psa over.
Maybe downloads are getting corrupted?

But then, that's a hell of a lot of corrupted downloads...

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Usually when that happens, you have to start the psa over.
Maybe downloads are getting corrupted?

But then, that's a hell of a lot of corrupted downloads...
But those bugs are not present for everyone, so, it may be installation error.
I'd have to agree to Blackhound, we need to go back to Ver. 1.0 and apply each fix (suggesting to fix the down b glitch first BTW) until a fix causes a crash then skip it. This may seem tedious, but it is our only option at this point.

Edit: Though I have to ask, if Ridley was added to PM via its' clone engine, will it have the same problems?
I already did that. Didn't worked.

Most likely yes.

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Our best bet is to then reupload version 1.0 in the download (with the 1.75 animations) until we can get it balaced without all the crashing. Speaking of which, are you using brawl box to edit this or Project Smash Attacks @ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros ?

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
The animations would not match up with the moves.
Then what versions' animations match with 1.0 (besides 1.0 if possible). Other then that, the only other option left is to recreate the PSA from the bottom up but with all the fixes and balancing present in 1.75, from the beginning. I really want Ridley in the custom build I keep mentioning as a balanced as possible, but until all of this is cleared up, 1.0 will have to do. It goes with out saying though, what changed in the gct between 1.0 and 1.5+?

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Our best bet is to then reupload version 1.0 in the download (with the 1.75 animations) until we can get it balaced without all the crashing. Speaking of which, are you using brawl box to edit this or Project Smash Attacks @ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros ?
BrawlBox v0.68b.
Then what versions' animations match with 1.0 (besides 1.0 if possible). Other then that, the only other option left is to recreate the PSA from the bottom up but with all the fixes and balancing present in 1.75, from the beginning. I really want Ridley in the custom build I keep mentioning as a balanced as possible, but until all of this is cleared up, 1.0 will have to do. It goes with out saying though, what changed in the gct between 1.0 and 1.5+?
Only 1.0. But animations won't cause any crashes since removing FitPit.pac didn't caused crashes after that.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
It crashed for me during a grab animation. If anyone hobbles together a full Ridley with the least amount of crashes I'd appreciate it if they added a link to it somewhere.

Hope you aren't too disheartened about the crashes, Bagan. You took on a task all by yourself with little to no outside help. With what you did alone it's amazing. I'm sure someone will be able to look over it at some point and spot what's up. Heck even if I have to go back to 1.0 I will just to dink around with Ridley, though I'd like to use him in SSE too. Either way if you need to take a break then go right away. If you're tired of the whole ordeal because it doesn't make sense, that's fine too. You already put more effort into making an actual Ridley than Sakurai and his team did.

Edit: Don't know if it matters but when it crashed I was in training mode against Snake in his Big Boss costume. Grab was the very first thing I tried to do before it conked out.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
It crashed for me during a grab animation. If anyone hobbles together a full Ridley with the least amount of crashes I'd appreciate it if they added a link to it somewhere.

Hope you aren't too disheartened about the crashes, Bagan. You took on a task all by yourself with little to no outside help. With what you did alone it's amazing. I'm sure someone will be able to look over it at some point and spot what's up. Heck even if I have to go back to 1.0 I will just to dink around with Ridley, though I'd like to use him in SSE too. Either way if you need to take a break then go right away. If you're tired of the whole ordeal because it doesn't make sense, that's fine too. You already put more effort into making an actual Ridley than Sakurai and his team did.

Edit: Don't know if it matters but when it crashed I was in training mode against Snake in his Big Boss costume. Grab was the very first thing I tried to do before it conked out.
Does he still crashes after match ends? If no, then its a good thing. Grab crashing will most likely be easy to fix.
"You genuinely thought that I, the cunning god of death, wouldn't annihilate everything in sight in mere seconds? Do you have vapor for brains?"
"What is a fair balance? A miserable little pile of codes! Enough talk, have at you! *OBNOXIOUSLY LOUD SCREAM*"

Last edited:

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Satan knows.
And maybe the second 1.5. Maybe...
Right now I have no clue what Bagan will do. I thoroughly hope that one day he'll come back to this, but he's got bigger things to do than this guy's glitches in an incessant cycle. Trust me I know its bugging him having to come back to the same thing no matter what you do to try to fix it, so we as his fans should for now accept what was already given and hope for the best. Its not like 1.0 is super gross to play with, its still great. I'd recommend for Bagan to merely finish up the costumes for us and leave it at that, no more effort of his being wasted on this project that refuses to be fixed for us. He needs a break, from us and Ridley, then to his vacation, the guy has been really at it with these, I mean we got a lot of updates and attempts at fixing glitches from him in what days in between? Usually takes a full team to do that in a week or so. My deepest condolences to @ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros , who without we would have nothing.

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
You took on a task all by yourself with little to no outside help. With what you did alone it's amazing. I'm sure someone will be able to look over it at some point and spot what's up.
Exactly this. Maybe find someone who also makes PSAs and see if they can fix the bugs.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Well ****... Whatever happens happens I guess.

I don't suppose someone still has a link to 1.0 in case I need to go back to redownloading it, should 1.75 ever prove to be worse for me (in terms of crashing) than before?

Last edited:

PrinceGal3n

Smash Journeyman

Were you testing on 1.77?

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Satan knows.
And maybe the second 1.5. Maybe...
Right now I have no clue what Bagan will do. I thoroughly hope that one day he'll come back to this, but he's got bigger things to do than this guy's glitches in an incessant cycle. Trust me I know its bugging him having to come back to the same thing no matter what you do to try to fix it, so we as his fans should for now accept what was already given and hope for the best. Its not like 1.0 is super gross to play with, its still great. I'd recommend for Bagan to merely finish up the costumes for us and leave it at that, no more effort of his being wasted on this project that refuses to be fixed for us. He needs a break, from us and Ridley, then to his vacation, the guy has been really at it with these, I mean we got a lot of updates and attempts at fixing glitches from him in what days in between? Usually takes a full team to do that in a week or so. My deepest condolences to @ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros , who without we would have nothing.
Well then I have good news, apparently in our custom build me and Pytor have been working on, Roidley seems to not crash. As of now I'm asking what version he's using and so far I've not recieved as response, but as soon as I know and Ridley works just fine, we'll have a Space Pirates Special Alpha Preview for Collision Course. (FYI Collision Course is the name of our build)

Edit: THE VERY LIKELY SPACE PIRATE'S DEBUT ROSTER:

(YES THE CSS IS MODELED AFTER SMASH 4 WII U & NO THE RAINBOW CSS IS NOT FINISHED, IT WILL RELEASE WHEN SMASH 3 IS DONE) (and Yes I consider Roy a clone character, sue me.)

Edit 2: Apparently Pytor replicated most of Bagan's fixes for our version of Ridley...

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
In English m8. :-P
Well then I have good news, apparently in our custom me and Pytor have been working on, Ridley seems to not crash. As of now I'm asking what version he's using and so far I've not received a response, but as soon as I know the version and Ridley works just fine: we'll have a Space Pirates Special Alpha Preview for Collision Course. (For.Your.Information, Collision Course is the name of our build)

(YES THE Character.Select.Screen IS MODELED AFTER SMASH 4 WII U & NO THE RAINBOW C.S.S. IS NOT FINISHED, IT WILL RELEASE WHEN SMASH 3 IS DONE)
Translated M8 :)

Zaelkath

Smash Rookie
Well then I have good news, apparently in our custom me and Pytor have been working on, Roidley seems to not crash. As of now I'm asking what version he's using and so far I've not recieved as response, but as soon as I know and Ridley works just fine, we'll have a Space Pirates Special Alpha Preview for Collision Course. (FYI Collision Course is the name of our build)

(YES THE CSS IS MODELED AFTER SMASH 4 WII U & NO THE RAINBOW CSS IS NOT FINISHED, IT WILL RELEASE WHEN SMASH 3 IS DONE)
Every time I look at Sonic it looks like he's holding a toothbrush.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Every time I look at Sonic it looks like he's holding a toothbrush.
now that you said that I can't help but notice it. XD But if the render changes when Smash 3 is done, we may never know how Sanic lost his tooth brush... *X-Files theme plays*

Last edited:
Top Bottom