• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

Just as long as he looks like this. As opposed to brawl's model. As you can see he has mostly metal plating including his face, a nice silver as opposed to the purple organic face he had in SSBB with a robotic jaw.
Its so beautiful this way. <3. <3
Let me be frank, I am honestly quite smitten with that Iron Head of his. The looks, the ferocity, the Meta, the Ridley. If its within your power to make it look like this head above you sir have made me the happiest person alive. :-D
Again they (PM) should really recruit you and make your works official. Your far beyond whatever standard they deem worthy in my opinion.
... I can't believe I never bothered to notice the lack of armor plating on the front of Brawl Meta-Ridley's head, in comparison to the MP1 original. That or I just forgot, but it's really easy to overlook. Then again, I guess the upper jaw goes from metal silver-ish to purple later on in the battle (MP1) anyhow when you damage him enough, as sorta pointed out.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Haven't checked here in a while, but did Ridley get his own stock icon yet? While I don't mind the announcer calling him "Pit" in the CSS (for now), it always irks me whenever I see Pit's icon being used for Ridley.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
That, less distractions (d*mn you, SGB, VT and BSC!) and more good music to listen while doing something (reusing Cawe Dweller, Dark Intelligence or Nemesis' Theme for Nth time isn't very...interesting).
When drawing Ridley I really into it when hearing his themes, the Space Pirate theme from MP1, Dark Samus' theme, and various German/Latin operas (no connection). It's clear what Metroid games I love the most haha.
Maybe I'll figure out this code business and come back to you before 4.0 as assistance

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
When do you think you will start working on K Rool?
Probably will be out when 4.0 comes out.

Haven't checked here in a while, but did Ridley get his own stock icon yet? While I don't mind the announcer calling him "Pit" in the CSS (for now), it always irks me whenever I see Pit's icon being used for Ridley.
Yeah he should have a stock icon. The announcer still says "pit" though. I think it would be cool if Bagan just put in a scream for the announcer voice.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

Yeah he should have a stock icon. The announcer still says "pit" though. I think it would be cool if Bagan just put in a scream for the announcer voice.
I guess, but for now I'm content with UltimateHylian's edit of the announcer saying "Ridl-eeey". Not the best, but it suffices.

Amarok

Smash Rookie
Great mod! You are amazing!

I have a problem though: I downloaded it, and whenever the game should go to the results screen, it freezes instead. Any ideas on what I did wrong during installation?

EDIT: When Ridley loses, everything is fine. However, if he wins or you exit the game early, it freezes.

Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058

I have a problem though: I downloaded it, and whenever the game should go to the results screen, it freezes instead. Any ideas on what I did wrong during installation?

EDIT: When Ridley loses, everything is fine. However, if he wins or you exit the game early, it freezes.
Yeah @ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros is Fixing that Problem in the next update just use 1.0 untill the next update

Norfair

Smash Rookie
Your doing God's work. <3 Only one question...
Is he missing the horns or...?
Correction: He's doing SAKURAI'S work. Ridley deserved to be in smash bros since melee, he's an iconic villain that has appeared in almost every game in an award winning series from nintendo. I'm sick and tired of the metroid series being forgotten by nintendo and sakurai alike. Bagan is finally balancing scales.

Last edited:

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555

Nothing its a problem he's currently working on.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
One question though is Meta Ridley in Metroid Other M? (Never played any Metroid games)
No. In SSB4, they called his reflective state such, but it never appeared here. Would probably look awesome even if the duck beak.
... I can't believe I never bothered to notice the lack of armor plating on the front of Brawl Meta-Ridley's head, in comparison to the MP1 original. That or I just forgot, but it's really easy to overlook. Then again, I guess the upper jaw goes from metal silver-ish to purple later on in the battle (MP1) anyhow when you damage him enough, as sorta pointed out.
Thats just shaders and materials at certain angle. He has some metal parts on his upper jaw, but thats about it.
Yes. All 10 of them. They should be included in the common5.pac file i uploaded unless i forgot to do that.

That will be fixed in the next update. I know about this issue.
Correction: He's doing SAKURAI'S work. Ridley deserved to be in smash bros since melee, he's an iconic villain that has appeared in almost every game in an award winning series from nintendo. I'm sick and tired of the metroid series being forgotten by nintendo and sakurai alike. Bagan is finally balancing scales.
That is incorrect. At that time, he was nothing more than just another boss. He became such only few years after Melee.

CoeusFreeze

Smash Cadet

Doubtful. It does the same to me.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
All is well now. Yup it worked.
Might I ask which file specifically changed the melee attack of Ridley 1.0 to 1.5? I remember you saying you got rid of the tail slap for another claw attack which worked better. Was going to see if adding that file to 1.0 would just make it better or if it was that change that causes him to freeze the after battle (doubtful but possible). Again, I'll take quite the delight in the next update if you get that Down Special's frozen Ridley bug fixed lol. It's hilarious but I can't fight glued to the screen. This Ridley has really grown on me, thank goodness it didn't have those stupid duck lips. He's come a long way!
One question... Was it your intention (on a GameCube controller that is) for that separate cry in the downward taunt if you hold it a bit longer? Its great, completely confuses and surprises my friends because of its intensity (they get really scared because I do it out of the blue).

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
All is well now. Yup it worked.
Might I ask which file specifically changed the melee attack of Ridley 1.0 to 1.5? I remember you saying you got rid of the tail slap for another claw attack which worked better. Was going to see if adding that file to 1.0 would just make it better or if it was that change that causes him to freeze the after battle (doubtful but possible). Again, I'll take quite the delight in the next update if you get that Down Special's frozen Ridley bug fixed lol. It's hilarious but I can't fight glued to the screen. This Ridley has really grown on me, thank goodness it didn't have those stupid duck lips. He's come a long way!
One question... Was it your intention (on a GameCube controller that is) for that separate cry in the downward taunt if you hold it a bit longer? Its great, completely confuses and surprises my friends because of its intensity (they get really scared because I do it out of the blue).
FitPit.pac and FitPitMotionEtc.pac. But using those will lead to game freezing as usual.
Yes. Its same for all soundbanks included, even Metroid Prime one, which is that generic dragon roar voice he had.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
FitPit.pac and FitPitMotionEtc.pac. But using those will lead to game freezing as usual.
Yes. Its same for all soundbanks included, even Metroid Prime one, which is that generic dragon roar voice he had.
That roar is used for a lot of things in Nintendo. I think even Gyarados from Pokemon. Thanks for the heads up.
Not trying to be funny, maybe its just me, but I really get my tail tossed when fighting Samus (especially the freezing capable one). It fit well haha. Probably just me.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
That roar is used for a lot of things in Nintendo. I think even Gyarados from Pokemon. Thanks for the heads up.
Not trying to be funny, maybe its just me, but I really get my tail tossed when fighting Samus (especially the freezing capable one). It fit well haha. Probably just me.
I heard it from dinosaurs too.
Well, he is a large and slow character, so, its not surprising. Any character with projectiles can be a trouble for him even with his Down B since then that character can start throwing him.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
I heard it from dinosaurs too.
Well, he is a large and slow character, so, its not surprising. Any character with projectiles can be a trouble for him even with his Down B since then that character can start throwing him.
I don't think you should change that aspect of him.
Kinda balances him out- something you were aiming to do no?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I don't think you should change that aspect of him.
Kinda balances him out- something you were aiming to do no?
Yes. Large size was one of the main disadvantages, along with weight, falling speed and overall attack speed.

Turns out SSB4's developers responsible for that abomination they call Ridley didn't even bothered making new textures. The only differences between Other M and SSB4 textures are placement of certain parts and how they are rotated, along with just few added touches. So, i can make a SSB4 recolor for him. It won't look horrible because that is not why SSB4 model looks so f***ing horrible even when compared to Other M model, which is from a Wii game.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Yes. Large size was one of the main disadvantages, along with weight, falling speed and overall attack speed.

Turns out SSB4's developers responsible for that abomination they call Ridley didn't even bothered making new textures. The only differences between Other M and SSB4 textures are placement of certain parts and how they are rotated, along with just few added touches. So, i can make a SSB4 recolor for him. It won't look horrible because that is not why SSB4 model looks so f***ing horrible even when compared to Other M model, which is from a Wii game.
I never liked either model with your Ridley being the exception. Yours just looks... Vastly superior compared to those two. Sometimes things shouldn't be changed you know? I don't even know how they went from Prime's glorious version to Other M's. Although... Ridley in P3 does kinda haunt me especially Omega Ridley. I kept thinking "What have they done to you?' with a sympathetic eye, its cool looking but it's like when you see something you like corrupted (no pun intended).

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I never liked either model with your Ridley being the exception. Yours just looks... Vastly superior compared to those two. Sometimes things shouldn't be changed you know? I don't even know how they went from Prime's glorious version to Other M's. Although... Ridley in P3 does kinda haunt me especially Omega Ridley. I kept thinking "What have they done to you?' with a sympathetic eye, its cool looking but it's like when you see something you like corrupted (no pun intended).
Im not touching the model anyhow. Just the textures.

So, one of the textures is already copypasted with SSB4's. WITH NO ISSUES. What the hell, Sakurai?

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Im not touching the model anyhow. Just the textures.

So, one of the textures is already copypasted with SSB4's. WITH NO ISSUES. What the hell, Sakurai?
It may be the face. Seems less bulky at that and the wings are a tad different. I'd even go as far as to say your neck is better.
Lol is this bad?

Last edited:

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Oh man, I just looked into the sounds for him, and man OR's cries are non-threatening and SSBB's are very generic. I'm sticking with Prime.
Also, is it just me or does this site bash and jumble mobile keyboards words?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Oh man, I just looked into the sounds for him, and man OR's cries are non-threatening and SSBB's are very generic. I'm sticking with Prime.
Well, thats OR's fault - i didn't edited roars much. SSBB roars are generic, but having more options is always better.
Looks better now.
Why did the mod get reported on brawl vault?
also you may have noticed the recolors I made for Riddels ,hope you don't mind!
Because of that game crashing issue latest version has.
As long as credits are given, i don't mind.
It may be the face. Seems less bulky at that and the wings are a tad different. I'd even go as far as to say your neck is better.
Lol is this bad?
More like just beak than face. Wings look better here too since their "fingers" aren't ridicolously long, but neck was left untouched except for the spikes on it.
It means that developers didn't even bothered to make new textures that would fit HD game. Even worse, they compressed those textures horribly so they all in total are 512x1024 at max instead of EACH texture being at least 1024x1024 like in Other M (except for neck, wing base and head textures, which are 1024x512 or 512x1024 and wing membrane textures, which are 512x512).

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
That all sounds great Bagan! I say losing one alt color but gaining several others in the process with your Meta Ridley is a great trade off.

I'd actually LOVE an announcer file with this in it. Everything else the same from the normal Brawl announcer except for Ridley who is just one of his screams. Any chance Bagan or someone who knows how could fix that up?

Last edited:

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Well, thats OR's fault - i didn't edited roars much. SSBB roars are generic, but having more options is always better.
More like just beak than face. Wings look better here too since their "fingers" aren't ridicolously long, but neck was left untouched except for the spikes on it.
It means that developers didn't even bothered to make new textures that would fit HD game. Even worse, they compressed those textures horribly so they all in total are 512x1024 at max instead of EACH texture being at least 1024x1024 like in Other M (except for neck, wing base and head textures, which are 1024x512 or 512x1024 and wing membrane textures, which are 512x512).
Oh believe me I know its not your fault. Thanks for providing them.
Maybe I need to play Other M again.
That's kinda... Lazy of them.

Call me crazy, but I had a dream yesterday of Dark Samus being playable. It was kinda cool because I still remember how her moves were. Up special being a warp, down special being a bunch of phazon pillars that damaged what was too close and reflected projectile attacks, I think side special was a charging Echo much like Zelda's knight in SSB4, and neutral was that trademark scattershot phazon blast of her that homed in. Heavily inspired by the assist trophy of SSB4, I need to stop playing these games.
Kinda made me sad when I woke up.
:Edit:
You know what? Time for a learning experience for me.
Mind telling me what programs you used to make Ridley?

Last edited:

WEK-Sector Pirate

Smash Apprentice
Oh believe me I know its not your fault. Thanks for providing them.
Maybe I need to play Other M again.
That's kinda... Lazy of them.

Call me crazy, but I had a dream yesterday of Dark Samus being playable. It was kinda cool because I still remember how her moves were. Up special being a warp, down special being a bunch of phazon pillars that damaged what was too close and reflected projectile attacks, I think side special was a charging Echo much like Zelda's knight in SSB4, and neutral was that trademark scattershot phazon blast of her that homed in. Heavily inspired by the assist trophy of SSB4, I need to stop playing these games.
Kinda made me sad when I woke up.
:Edit:
You know what? Time for a learning experience for me.
Mind telling me what programs you used to make Ridley?
erm.. someone has beat you to the punch
http://smashboards.com/threads/dark-samus-approaching-a-project-m-moveset-wip.372615/

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
So I was testing & trying out some more stuff with this mod for the first time, and noticed the last 5 alt colors appear differently in-game than when I see 'em on the character select screen. I believe others said they had encountered it before, but was there something posted to download that fixed that? I forget. Sorry if it was already brought up before.

Top Bottom