• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
Last I read, PM doesn't use CBliss
"Download cBliss tool (works with 3.5 too) and then configure Pit's costumes so there would be 10 of them and configure their order so they would be like this:
FitPit00, FitPit01, FitPit02, FitPit03, FitPit04, FitPit05, FitPit06, FitPit07, FitPit08, FitPit09."

That's what it said.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
"Download cBliss tool (works with 3.5 too) and then configure Pit's costumes so there would be 10 of them and configure their order so they would be like this:
FitPit00, FitPit01, FitPit02, FitPit03, FitPit04, FitPit05, FitPit06, FitPit07, FitPit08, FitPit09."

That's what it said.
I never said that CBliss wouldn't work. I'm just saying that I've heard that P:M doesn't USE CBliss.

ggmonx

Smash Cadet
I did everything correctly(ridley works fine during selection and battle, post battle) but whenever i do team battle pick ridley change his team color then try to pick someone else it freezes. Can anyone help me.(running hackless btw)

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044

WEK-Sector Pirate

Smash Apprentice
So... no one has ANY problems with the shaders?
cause I do, looks awful on stages that aren't FD
Ridley changing colors :p
Code:
<spoiler>
[IMG]http://postimg.org/image/ovvxmr56h/[/IMG]
[IMG]http://postimg.org/image/r4vm9do3x/[/IMG]
[IMG]http://postimg.org/image/9p61lfej1/[/IMG]
[IMG]http://postimg.org/image/bxfmp0w99/[/IMG]

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
so I moved the Ridley files into pit's files, now a pop up came saying there are files that are the same. Do I relplace those with the Ridley ones or keep both?

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
You replace those files, as the game will crash if you have both of Pit's fighter data and the new Ridley data you're adding. So when you get the notification, click yes to replace, but only do that. Do not delete files in the folder and do not just place the folder into the fighters section.

Puppyfaic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Puppyluvv
So, Ridley crashes for me on the Results screen. Everything else works fine, he plays perfectly and all his sounds and costumes work. But the Results screen always crashes.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Okay, last thing I need help with.
Import folders Info, Menu, Sound and SFX into projectm\pf.
Do I just drop these into the pf folder, or do I put them i to the individual menu, sound and SFX folders in the pf folder??

Last edited:

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
I apologize for my scattered thought process, I have a bit of cold making it difficult to layout my opinions unsegmented due to medication slightly clouding my mind. Regardless, here are some of my initial thoughts:

Man, fighting a competent Snake is practically impossible with Ridley without camping the edge (but that was not unexpected, I suppose). Speaking of which, I'm really not fond of the movement options the up special has while hanging off the ledge, it is reminiscent of the 'woop woop' stall of 3.02 Mewtwo, with trickier motion. Granted, you lose ledge invincibility after 5 grabs now, but it is still a regrettable feature in my opinion.

Trying this mod out with friends this morning has led to a bit controversy over the pogo tail down air. My more skilled friends admittedly found it mildly annoying - but avoidable - except when used after a grounded side special leading to an early off stage death, although that may just happen anyway due to how strong the side special is, but the causal Smash players couldn't escape out of it (and loved spamming it along with the aerial down special). It seems the amount of recoil given to a successful or blocked hit makes it overly useful; maybe reducing the gained elevation afterwards would prevent further set-ups for the attack? Also, the ability to attack so effectively through platforms and even the stage itself (especially near edges) is a bit much.

I'm also in congruence with BLACKSasquatch; reducing aerial mobility just a bit might be something to experiment upon. Currently Ridley can move about very much like Puff, easily gimping characters like Fox, Falco, Bowser, Falcon, Ness, Ganon, Olimar... basically anyone with poor/tether only recoveries once off-stage.

In terms of aesthetics, I've noticed Ridley's shadow is a generic circular blob. Is that planned to change eventually? On a similar note of presentation, the down taunt scream is just too loud. I've seen your posts justifying it in other threads, and I understand your reasoning, but it just doesn't work. It seems out of place and demonstrates poor sound design when compared to the rest of the P:M environment. This is also a very minor issue, but when teetering over an edge, Ridley's animation looks a bit rushed. Maybe add a few frames to slow it down and add a bit of a flow to an otherwise abrupt looping point?

Anyway, despite my complaints (others have voiced much of what I would said myself, and you seem to be working on multiple fixes as we speak) I do have a positive outlook on the character for future patches. With that in mind, I know you mentioned releasing the desaturated textures sometime today - does that include the despiked model as well or is that not ready for release as of yet?

Last edited:

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
In the Ridley folder you downloaded you have seven different folders correct? You take the files from inside those folders and put them into the identically named folders in the project m files. If it asks you to replace the files, do it. (You do this for everything besides what's inside the stock and CSP folders, as the Common 5 which Bagan uploaded covers that)

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
In the Ridley folder you downloaded you have seven different folders correct? You take the files from inside those folders and put them into the identically named folders in the project m files. If it asks you to replace the files, do it. (You do this for everything besides what's inside the stock and CSP folders, as the Common 5 which Bagan uploaded covers that)
okay, thanks everyone! (^_^)

Cpt.

Smash Lord
WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!?!

Pink Guy: "Frukanu b0ss! Ridley! He too str0ng!!!! GAAAAAA!!!!!"

Ridley: "Not even Lord ChinChin can save you now!"

But on a serious note, Ridley's side B knocks people off screen at 0 on FD with poor DI, maybe a little too much knock back...

Last edited:

Insanity's Bane

Smash Rookie
I'm also in congruence with BLACKSasquatch; reducing aerial mobility just a bit might be something to experiment upon. Currently Ridley can move about very much like Puff, easily gimping characters like Fox, Falco, Bowser, Falcon, Ness, Ganon, Olimar... basically anyone with poor/tether only recoveries once off-stage.?
This. So much this. I know Ridley is a dragon so his air mobility has to be fantastic (logically), but it's a little too good. It also just feels off, as Ridley is at best a middle weight, so his ability to zigzag in the air like Jiggs does is very distracting. I think it's okay for him to be a floaty, but to the extent as Jigglypuff.

Also, I'm questioning the addition of the glide. Ridley can already recover really well with his multiple jumps and his up-B (albeit if it's a little tricky) and with good enough DI, you can survived a strong hit and glide back to safety to boot. Seems a little much. Also, I'd personally consider changing the up-B to something more original than just Firebrand's Bon Voyage, but as is I'm okay with it. Doesn't seem game-breaking.

As far as technical difficulties go, the Firebrand alt makes the Results Screen go black and just freeze my game entirely, even though I added the RSBE01 on the OP.

Other than that, I am very much looking forward to future updates to this mod. It has great promise and I have a lot of fun with it. Overall, aside from the above gripes, I think it's fairly balanced and with time and your dedication I'm certain Ridley can only get better from here on out.

Last edited:

PKMN Trainer Cj

Smash Rookie
i followed everything on the front page, but the announcer still says pit when choosing ridley. how do i fix this?

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
Wait, what about the CPS folder and the Stock folder?
If you downloaded the Common 5 from the link Bagan posted in the thread earlier then you don't need to place those files anywhere, since you'd need Brawlbox to do it originally.

i followed everything on the front page, but the announcer still says pit when choosing ridley. how do i fix this?
There's currently no 'fix' because there are no Ridley announcer sound clips. I'm sure in future announcer clips will be made but for the time being there aren't any.

Last edited:
Top Bottom