• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M 3.5 Dr. Mario PSA (DEMO DL LINK IN OP)

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
To use MiscData[24], open up your common5.pac and go to Olimar's CSP folder which is titled MiscData[24]. From there, right-click on Olimar's CSP folder and select "replace." Then, you'll replace the existing MiscData[24] with the Dr. Mario MiscData[24]. If it's not clear, I'll upload a common5.pac with everything inserted, as well as BPs and victory portraits, since I realized last night that I forgot to upload them.
ok i will try this and if you make a common5.pac i won't be able to use it cause i am also using the Ridley mod also

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Alright I finally tested this and here are my critiques:
  • The current Dash attack feels... slow, maybe give him an electric tackle with a quicker animation.
  • Generally all of his attacks need a speed boost, though not to high or he'll feel OP.
  • The C-Up attack (USmash full charged) needs a sped up animation
  • Tilts, where art thou?
  • His movement speed could be a bit faster
  • Pill effects over olimar only work on the melee slots.
Overall this is a good start, though on some moves it feels like you press a button and have to wait 1-2 seconds for something to happen. The ganondorf-falcon relationship with mario is there, but like Ganondorf in 3.5, Doc needs some faster movements and more "UMPH" in his attacks.

Personally though, Doc should be a sweet-spot character. Faster than mario but no quicker than luigi, Doc should heavily emphasize sweet-spots, being a doctor and all. To compensate for being fast than mario, Doc should have the players be punished for not getting the sweet-spot just right in the form of reduced damage and/or knock-back, but graciously reward the players with immense damage and knockback.

Last edited:

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
ok i will try this and if you make a common5.pac i won't be able to use it cause i am also using the Ridley mod also
I'll set it up so that you'll be able to use both, since the Ridley mod is so popular. Undoubtedly, there will be many other people in your position.
This is awesome.
Thanks! An updated version is in the works, so keep your eyes out for more content.
Alright I finally tested this and here are my critiques:
  • The current Dash attack feels... slow, maybe give him an electric tackle with a quicker animation.
  • Generally all of his attacks need a speed boost, though not to high or he'll feel OP.
  • The C-Up attack (USmash full charged) needs a sped up animation
  • Tilts, where art thou?
  • His movement speed could be a bit faster
  • Pill effects over olimar only work on the melee slots.
Overall this is a good start, though on some moves it feels like you press a button and have to wait 1-2 seconds for something to happen. The ganondorf-falcon relationship with mario is there, but like Ganondorf in 3.5, Doc needs some faster movements and more "UMPH" in his attacks.

Personally though, Doc should be a sweet-spot character. Faster than mario but no quicker than luigi, Doc should heavily emphasize sweet-spots, being a doctor and all. To compensate for being fast than mario, Doc should have the players be punished for not getting the sweet-spot just right in the form of reduced damage and/or knock-back, but graciously reward the players with immense damage and knockback.
Yes, the sweetspot idea was exactly what I intended, with the lightning hitboxes on his attacks in certain places. Right now, like you've noted, he doesn't have enough of a penalty for missing the sweetspot, so I'll have to modify that a bit. His tilts are being worked on, and I love the dash attack idea. Also, that's interesting that the melee slots are the only ones that work with the pill effects; I'll have to look into that. What currently happens? does he just shoot fireballs?

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I'll set it up so that you'll be able to use both, since the Ridley mod is so popular. Undoubtedly, there will be many other people in your position.

Thanks! An updated version is in the works, so keep your eyes out for more content.

Yes, the sweetspot idea was exactly what I intended, with the lightning hitboxes on his attacks in certain places. Right now, like you've noted, he doesn't have enough of a penalty for missing the sweetspot, so I'll have to modify that a bit. His tilts are being worked on, and I love the dash attack idea. Also, that's interesting that the melee slots are the only ones that work with the pill effects; I'll have to look into that. What currently happens? does he just shoot fireballs?
Pill works on all models, but only the melee costumes use the correct "blop" sound.

Top Bottom