• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Unleashing a 2-D Horror - A Game and Watch Thread

Oracle

Smash Master
throwing out random hammers will make you lose because in terms of speed, safety, and cooldown hammer is pretty terrible. having a little more control over the result means you get more information about when the most optimal time to use it is

geno

Smash Apprentice
By "throwing random hammers" I'm talking like between your opponent's stocks or something. throwing hammers to get a 9 ready. I'm not saying it's not helpful, I'm just saying it's... well, unnecessary. GnW needs some buffs, but not on Judgement. But that's just my two cents

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Charisma? You do realize that this a fighting game and not a beauty contest right? If you're playing this character because you want to be quirky and charming maybe you should think about switching to animal crossing. And if you think that this will somehow make G&W "the Metaknight of PM," then you clearly didn't play any Brawl. Metaknight is on a separate level from the other characters in that game. Please don't put an RNG on the same level as being at advantage in every situation.

Oracle

Smash Master
if you're using the hammer just to get 9's, you really are gambling. Smart hammer play isn't just praying for a nine lol

QraQ

Smash Ace
if you're using the hammer just to get 9's, you really are gambling. Smart hammer play isn't just praying for a nine lol
Yeah! It's praying for a 7 so you can get that sweet sweet 10% apple mmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmm

QraQ

Smash Ace
In regard to GnW's Judgement change... Yes, it's a "buff", but I feel like it's a much bigger nerf to his charisma. GnW feels great to me how he is, and sure, maybe being able to throw 9's every few tries will get him higher on the tier list, but he'll also become the Metaknight of PM. All you have to do is throw hammers whenever you have free time in a match to get a potential 9 ready and repeat. It might just be me, but I think random judgement is a big part of GnW's quirk.
lol wut?
GnW didn't need a buff, but now they make his random less random which is fuuuuuun.

Just do the unstoppable Electric Chair 14 combo (5 + 9) OR Frostfire 14 combo (8 + 6) OR Apples to Apples 14 combo (7 + 7).
THESE ALL EXIST IN THE WORLD OF 2D ****

geno

Smash Apprentice
I mean, he didn't NEED a buff, but he is bottom of the tier list in every PM tier list I've seen. All I'm trying to say is Judgement is currently awesome, and like QraQ is saying, it has all kinds of comboing and killing. I just would have liked changes in techroll speed, maybe weight, something like that. Idk, I'm probably just looking at it wrong though

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I agree, he definitely needs better players
We have two people that place at least top 3 in one of the best regions, and two that place on average at least top 5 in theirs.

For all the **** that gets talked about for this character, there are a lot of talented players that are winning well. We've already also had a player win a tournament with this character and there's still a **** ton that can be done to continue improvement. There are a lot of "good" characters with a player base much worse off than ours.

I don't want to hear that ****, lol.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Yes, drive up to IL next time we have a regional like the last Sakuria Can't Save You Now. In the meantime knowing you've dabbled with the Wifi Ladder and have your FC on your account I'd be willing to beat you over that too; Wifi MMs use the Leelue pesos currency btw though.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
where do i rank in GNW's :3c
Dunno. Seems reasonable enough to put Dakpo and Oracle among the top of us since they have the best results so far. If you count non-mainers, then you probably can include Wobbles and Eli too.

Otherwise, idk it could go either way man.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
if you say that again, ill beat you up >:(

notable people ive played (and lost again, but only because i did something hilariously stupid that cost me the set)
Eggz (Lucario, Donkey Kong, Pit) - 2 sets, almost won first set but ****ing rogue bacon canceled his death hit, 3-0'd second set
Meta (Wolf)- Lost 1 set, played 3 matches as GnW, 2 as Charizard, went 2-1 his favor when i played GNW
SIlent Wolf (Wolf) - 2-0 his favor
Bladewise (Diddy Kong, Peach) - played 3 sets total, 2-0 his favor, used charizard once, that set was 2-3 his favor, then a money match recently, when i went 3-1
Ciz (Diddy Kong, Fox) - i cant remember the set count, but i had beaten his diddy most of the set, then he went fox and plowed through me
Daze(Sheik) - i think i went 2-0 or 2-1, my favor, i cant remember, this was in like february
Shadic -
-0 my favor (I HOPE HE NAMESEARCHES)

goddammit, my record sucks

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Where can I get frame Data for GnW
I think it was Magus who gave us the aerial "bible" for his frame safety in 2.5b Dakpo. You should ask him.

[EDIT] Actually found the post. I'll link it in the OP until we get more info on how it changed.

N-Air
Landing Lag: 8/17
Shield Stun: 9
Advantage: +1

F-Air
Landing Lag: 12/25
Shield Stun: 9 Strong, 4 Weak
Advantage: -3 Strong, -8 Weak

B-Air
Landing Lag: 10/20 (9/19 after landing hit)
Shield Stun: 3 (landing hit)
Advantage: -6 (landing hit)

U-Air
Landing Lag: 9/18 (8/17 after landing hit)
Shield Stun: 4 (landing hit)
Advantage: -4 (landing hit)

D-Air
Landing Lag: 10/20 (9/19 after landing hit)
Shield Stun: 4 (landing hit)
Advantage: -5 (landing hit)

Neutral-B
Landing Lag: 0 (no impact landing. cancels directly into wait)
Shield Stun: 6 Pan, 7 Panless (4 Hitlag + 3 Stun)
Advantage: +6 Pan, +7 Panless

-Panless happens when you land on the same frame the pan would swing and food come out. You don't swing the pan but the food is still thrown.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
2.6 is out
Most of us already know this but the changes are:

- Chef has a low chance of shooting a giant meat that does 15 damage
- Judgement has a completely new mechanic for showing you what's coming next: dots appear above G&W's head one dot means the next is odd two dots means the next is even. This can be combined with the knowledge that the last two hammers aren't possible to give an up to 50/50 chance of knowing what the next hammer is.

That's it. These changes are really weird as they weren't even close to what we asked for and just seem to suggest that the PMBR wants us to play the slot machine all day. ¯\_(━┳━ _ ━┳━)_/¯

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Tech Roll definitely felt better. The new Hammer mechanic is actually super useful depending on the odds that present themselves, after playing a few matches.

You gotta do the odds in your head and apply what can be into the battle. It feels very rewarding, especially with the evens, where, if you get two Evens in a row and the light shows the next is an Even, you've got a 50/50. My brother didn't believe me and when I saw an opening I said "2" and stunned him on the ground.

New Chef is delicious, it has potent knockback once people start hitting higher percents.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
jesus christ, i have no idea what the **** happened guys, but gnw feels WAAYYYY too different for some reason, i can't shdb quickly, i have to do the ******** method i do for shdl (tap x, left thumb reaches over to b) to be able to do it now, gnw just feels heavier than before and clunky as ****

Top Bottom