• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uniter Of The Worlds: Lloyd Irving for SSB4

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
So heres to hoping that this remake actually gives ToS2 the previous ToS1 protags a permanent spot in the party and (wishful thinking) redub the voices to their original VAs

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I guess as I remembered (and expected), ToS2 as it was was just a shameless cash-in made due to the success of the original. With what I heard about it before and now in this thread too, I'm glad I never played it.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Man, I wish it was an even more shameless cash-in... maybe if that were the case, it actually would've followed the characters that we cared about instead of trying (and failing) at something new.
Some of it's a bit weird- you actually get to choose who Lloyd ended up with via conversation options. It's weird thinking about, say, Lloyd and Presea hooking up, but there ya go. I like to assume that Lloyd x Colette and Zelos x Sheena became a couple and the rest found happiness in their own ways... not sure what's actually cannon, though.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Few more days until the reveal. Do you think Lloyd will be shown?

I wondered if he'd fit as "that one character that one didn't really expect to be shown." I dunno if he'd bring hype like Snake though.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I'm kinda thinking that someone like Mega Man would fit the hyped up third party character... the Tales games are pretty popular in the US, but Lloyd's still not really that easily recognized and iconic.

D

Deleted member

Few more days until the reveal. Do you think Lloyd will be shown?

I wondered if he'd fit as "that one character that one didn't really expect to be shown." I dunno if he'd bring hype like Snake though.
First it depends on if Lloyd gets in, which is already questionable (although I will say he has the best shot for a Namco character). But if Lloyd is in the game, he's one of the few third-party character that I could see being revealed after E3 (the others being Mega Man and Geno), but he could also be in the trailer (especially if he ends up being the only new third-party).

I think a Tales character could bring hype to the game because of the new game play mechanics that it could bring in Smash (given it's similarities). This would result in people asking "why does this character get to show off all of these cool new moves?" and people will be interested. A Tales character could work out really well if done right, though do keep in mind that just because Namco is working on the game doesn't make the fitting process any easier for a Namco character (licensing issues are easier, though how much easier is up for debate).

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
First it depends on if Lloyd gets in, which is already questionable (although I will say he has the best shot for a Namco character). But if Lloyd is in the game, he's one of the few third-party character that I could see being revealed after E3 (the others being Mega Man and Geno), but he could also be in the trailer (especially if he ends up being the only new third-party).

I think a Tales character could bring hype to the game because of the new game play mechanics that it could bring in Smash (given it's similarities). This would result in people asking "why does this character get to show off all of these cool new moves?" and people will be interested. A Tales character could work out really well if done right, though do keep in mind that just because Namco is working on the game doesn't make the fitting process any easier for a Namco character (licensing issues are easier, though how much easier is up for debate).
You an insider or something? 7_7

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I'm hoping that he gets in and that he gets a character highlight video like the Villager and Mega Man. I'm also hoping something like Dojo updates start happening really soon... the Nintendo Direct didn't quite quench my trailer-thirst. In any case, I didn't expect him in the trailer, so I'm not disappointed on a Lloyd front quite yet.

D

Deleted member

Huh?

I don't work in the gaming industry, let alone Nintendo of Japan, so no I don't work there.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm sure plenty of people had mistaken Mega Man for Lloyd Irving initially. :laugh:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Not really seeing Lloyd to be shown anymore.

Pac-Man might be the Sonic for this game incase they want to add 3rd Parties.

I've given up all hope on this game even making me any way happy after seeing the Wii Fit Trainer.

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
Not really seeing Lloyd to be shown anymore.

Pac-Man might be the Sonic for this game incase they want to add 3rd Parties.

I've given up all hope on this game even making me any way happy after seeing the Wii Fit Trainer.
When I saw Wii fit Trainer I was like no way, but some how the idea grew on me rapidly and it just made sense...weird I know...

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
That would be interesting. I got to say though, out of the three newcomers revealed, I only suspected Mega Man. Whatever Sakurai decides to throw at us next will probably be just as WTF.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Idk...quite honestly my support with Lloyd is strong and I want him badly but... I think I see Pac-Man being revealed tomorrow. I don't usually trust rumors, but this one is tough to shoot down.

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
What they should do to reveal Lloyd is have a fake Pac-Man reveal. They like do what they did for MM, have Pac-Man standing on a cliff and just when they pan in Lloyd smashes the hell out of him and steals the spot! Then if they want they can have Pac-Man in...

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
The Pac-Man hate here is really going overboard.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So according to the SSB4 Wii U Speculation thread, Pac-Man's reveal will be shown somewhere at the end of this week or much later on.

Well, it was fun to support Lloyd with you guys, I guess. Time to stick to the bitter end now.

I guess he'll be nowhere to be seen or maybe an Assist Trophy.

Anyway, going to request this topic to be locked sometime soon in the future. It's over.

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
The Pac-Man hate here is really going overboard.
Its not that I hate Pac-Man. I just don't think he would make a very good addition to Smash. It only seems like hate because I prefer Lloyd waaaay over the smiley face with arms and legs that eats stuff. Don't we already have a pink smiley who eats things? I think so.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't want to make Lloyd fans angry by locking this thread, so despite of Young Horsetail's request, I'm keeping the thread open. But remember to keep the topics restricted to Lloyd only, or the thread will risk getting locked.

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
It would seem so, though I'm not sure why.

If everyone around on this thread starts getting mopey I'll just be optimistic enough for everybody!
Lloyd Irrrrrrrving! Yeah! ;)

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Let's wait and see before we immediately give up, ha. Sure, if Pac gets revealed I'll have lost a bit chunk of hope, but let's not let a lil rumor throw us off quite yet when that will probably be resolved within a week.

Lloyd's acrobatic swordplay would be a lot of fun. It'd give Marth a run for his money, to be sure.

Do you think they'd bring in any Tales of Symphonia items?
-They could feasibly bring in gels as recovery food items
-It could be fun to see the reinards (sp? The personal-sized hovercraft) as an item, something that maybe charges forward for awhile, like a horizontal Warp Star.
-They could even bring in the item that makes everyone deal half damage and represent it as attacks not launching enemies as far for awhile, creating a temporary combo hell.

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
Pac-Man's reveal's going to happen anytime soon. Of course I have given up?

C'mon man. You're the topic creator. You're supposed to be the last person who gives up.

@qdMbp

I think it would be cool if Colette's weapons became an item. They could be thrown like the trophy coin thing, but without the effect.

Top Bottom