• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Undr's Graphical Art and Older Crap!

ExMachina

Smash Journeyman
Wow, great looking tech stuff! Mind elaborating on how you created those cool borders in the Link/Master Sword one? I'm really interested in learning how to create cool borders like yours...

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
its really easy and there are tutorials all over. but, if you'd rather trade ideas instead... Oh I dont know, how about how you make those awesome backgrounds! LoL, no really, how? Or we (me you Jamo Shade Dark Heather and the members of the Sig Cafe) would want to start a tutorial thread?

Shade520

Smash Apprentice
Actually that would be a great idea. I am always wanting to learn as much as I can and a tutorial thread would be awesome for people like me and others who are trying to learn everything they can. I am all for it, if it ever gets made.

ExMachina

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, I think a tutorial / general gfx resources sharing thread would be awesome!

You could not only share techniques but also brushes, fonts, stocks, plug-ins, links to other tutorial sites...

I think that would be a great idea. Do you want to start it, Undr, because you came up with the thread idea?

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Sure thing, but I cant put up and tutorials until tomorrow morning. too tired to think straight right now.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Ok! an new day a new discovery! check out my Orb. and its very easy to do. I think that may be my next tutorial.

FalseFox

Smash Cadet
Wow. Nice job on the orbs UndrDog. They look pretty awsome:D . I wouldn't mind learning how to make those things.

I agree with you guys on a tutorial thread. I only started photoshop in early october. And all I know how to do is make somewhat fancy pictures. I'd like to do a little more blending with images and what not.

I'd love to learn more from all the people in smashboards. Keep the idea in mind:)

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Well its up and stickied. the first to tuts are there too! anyway I'll put the Orb tut up there sometime soon. until then...

Check this out! my best tech to date. which really dosnt mean much. LoL!

Mr.C

Smash Master
that last one right there Under....really can show people how mcuh you improved...GRatz dude keep up the good work!

Shade520

Smash Apprentice
Thats pretty impressive Undr,
definatly post the Orb thing, I am curious about that myself.
I like the teck tutorial also, I am trying to emplement that into some of my newer banners.

Heather

Smash Cadet
Tutorials huh... I think it would be a great idea. Although I know quite a bit about Adobe Photoshop, I am always wanting to learn more, so I could add whatever and then learn some too! :D

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
my latest. I'm liking the background. next I'll try slicing this background with others to see what I get.

Heather

Smash Cadet
Hmm this may be a stupid question but how do you get your pictures to come out without always being in a perfect square. I have tried making a banner in Photoshop without filling in all the edges and made sure the background was transparent. But when I view the picture any other time it automatically fills it in with white. Like your Raven picture UndrDog, how did you get it so that there is no white space? Hmm I suppose you have to save it in a certain file format, but I don't know which one....

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I put a tutorial up in the tutorial thread all about transparent Gifs. check it out. in the end it all has to do with how you save it. you have to use the option of Saving for Web.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
here's another banner I made. She made a choice of two and she chose the first of the two. (if that made any sense...) so I edited the first with my name.

here is the image of Raven I made for the banner.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
another one I made over there. I wouldnt post it but I hand drew the Raven one above, and I drew this one is in Photoshop. its not that good but still its ok for a first attempt.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
for anyone who plays FFXI...
I give you...
Da Dragoon!

I really like this one. its looking nuts!

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
got a couple this time.

This one was a test. its sucks I know.

this one was a test of refections. not the greatest ever and is rough around the edges. its pretty basic. but it serves its purpose.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I dare not put these two in the same post as the previous CRAP! and these two my potentially redeem me aswell. this post may also be known as the obligatory "Fire and Ice" post.

Again this is from FFXI. however this is my character. I'm using it for his Xanga diary. (yes I keep a diary for my character).

And the best MK fighter ever! Subby!

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
new system. since I seem to be pumping them out by the twos and so many other threads are pushing my thread down. I'm just gonna start posting two per post. that and no one seems interested anymore. not that I mind, at least this way I can watch my progression.

The first one is another Sub Zero banner. the second one is one from my banner shop. its kinda old but I like it.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Aniimated Text! Yay!

This one I made for Matunas. it came out kinda etchy, but it is a first for me. so I'm placing it here aswell.

I'm gonna have to slow down for abit. I'm making them faster then people can see them.

ExMachina

Smash Journeyman
Heh, that Matunas one is awesome... only weird thing is that when you get to the frames with Marth highlighted and the text, the top right part of the border pops up 1 pixel, and it's a little funny looking.

Otherwise, slick concept and great execution. You cut out the characters well and the background and border are pretty classy.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
yeah I know. I cant fix it without redoing the whole thing. =/ either way after that I kinda LvLed up a bit.

BTW, just spruced this old one up a bit.

Good Stuff!

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
This'll be my last for awhile. Sleep --> Full Day tomorrow --> Sleep --> MLG! w00t!

Very simple. its a fun sig. nothing special, yet complex. from my stand point anyways.

FMA Techy.

EDIT: Wow! I'm really tired. cant believe I missed both of their screw ups before closing the program and not saving the .psd to either one... grr... anyway its the practice that matters. right?

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
the second one is off, but I'll fix that later. I'm tired now. I really like the background on the first banner.

ExMachina

Smash Journeyman
Undr: You're really improving on BGs! *stares at Yoshi and Raven sigs*

And I really dig that FMA one... those are some cool elements in there (like the code on the left side, the animation up top) and I really like the text. Like whoa it's cool. *.* Transparency's a bit dodgy, but that is one hot sig.

*saves* :)

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I was so tired when I did that banner. I only wish I saved the psd so that I could've fixed all of the crap thats wrong with it. =/

Maq

Smash Journeyman
sweet! That Fullmetal one is so good....it shows how much improvement there is from the earlier banners.

great job :D

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Since I couldnt finish up the Bannershop requests since my cube is on the blink, I figured I'd start learning some more. here are some recent ones including my Gettin Schooled banner.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Banners I made in my shop. I'm getting really tired of making banners, but I'm getting alot out of it.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Here is my most recent before the bannershop rush. got so hectic I forgot to post them.

Top Bottom