• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Undertale Mafia, 13 man! Game over! Town wins!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
OKAY

We have two days until deadline? We need to get our eggs in a basket. Or our ducks in a row. Metaphor.

Here's the playerlist:

J, Sang, He-man, Koops, Rake, JD, Gheb, Kantrip, Maven, Kary, Soup, Joey, Spak

These people I am completely fine with losing:
Maven, He-man, Spak, Soup.

These people I want to keep right now:
Sang, JD, Joey.

Who we lynching boys and girls?
Why you want Spak dead?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
What are you even supporting this for. This push is ****ing ********. I'm not even gonna acknowledge anyone else pushing me. I'm ****ing /out. This game is ****ing ********. Literally no one answers **** and them I try to pursue it's like "oh no rake. What a bad guy was person to want an EXPLANATION FOR ****TY READS. "
Please calm down.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Vote: Soup

This is the best lynch for today.

I don't care for what the slot has done at points and don't like how he handled pressure on himself. He also wants to replace out and would rather do it over a modkill if that were to happen.

Dislike Kary's Spak direction intensely.

Rake needs to calm down, I get the frustration but woah dude chill a little bit.

J/Kantrip/Sang looked like a lot of feeling each other out and gave me some interaction points to look back on. I liked Kantrip the most in this but part of it is me being careful of J and Sang is ok for now area.

Joey is gut town along with Rake, Rake I have more legitimate reasons with feels, Joey is mostly feels. His attitude in game doesn't feel like scum to me.

Could do either way on Gheb, depends how things play now. Nothing strong in either way and unfortunely Soup lynch would not help me here.

Koopa is in the same boat but Soup lynch would help me more.

Dietz has been questioning in some areas I like, more recent pages, slight town read.

The Man made 1 post I remember and forgot it quickly as I read the game.

Soup is the best lynch for day 1, let's go.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Joey, where is your head at? Your recent posts have been inconsequential and very null in my mind. Where should we be looking for the end of the Day? You only want to be pushing Soup? Now that he has decided to replace out, does that change your opinion at all?
Honestly? If people are hard meta reading Spak as town, yes. I really don't have anyone else in mind aside from Soup.

He-man and Maven are inactive. Gheb is null because I can't read him.

Dietz and Kary are slight town leans. Kary >> Dietz.

Sang, J, Kantrip, and Koops are still strong town reads.

Soup is the only person in the game that I have a solid scum read on.

Rake is the only slot I don't have a solid stance on, because I honestly have no idea where he is with the game. His recent string of posts don't clarify much and I have a huge problem reading through rage. I'd love to see some content from him before I develop a read.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Saying 'you have valid concerns that haven't been addressed' is just another way of saying soup isn't here.

I feel like you were in the spotlight, and for good reason- and now you're trying to move away from that by putting pressure on soup - who isn't even here. IGMEOY.

Who else is worth looking at besides soup?
Sure the reason my concerns weren't addressed was because soup wasn't here, but I was saying more than that. I was also saying there are reasons to suspect soup as opposed to, say, Maven or tHe-man who were just straight-up absent at the time. My point was not "soup hasn't even addressed my points against him," it was "there are points against soup that are still valid."

I'm not trying to move away from anything through my pressuring of soup or questioning of other players. The walls I made explaining my rationale in my actions was an attempt to move away from the spotlight. Everything else is an attempt to find and lynch scum.

I don't have any other scumreads because so many people are too inactive in this game to base a read off of. People worth looking at, however, include Rake, Gheb, and tHe-man. There are others that I don't necessarily townread but I think are better left for looking into when we have more time and won't be on the table for toDay.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I don't like the pressure Rake is getting because I see little that is outside of his normal play. His responses seem genuine, the only person who seems to have heavily considered the slot before voting is Dietz (he constructed a fairly good case against him after voting), he reads like frustrated town to me, and other than his read on Koops (which I agree is kinda sketch), he's been playing fairly well all game (minus a couple frustrated posts that he exaggerated stuff), and has provided useful insight on some slots.

I think that everyone who has been supporting the Rake push are town other than Kantrip (who has had a vote on the slot for a while, even though he stated that he wants Soup to go today), but most of the people supporting the push just kinda put their vote out there without stating a case. I think you and J are town, but at the same time, both of you should have at least stated a reason you were voting him before plopping down your vote.
This is news to me, I voted Rake in RVS phase and have moved it twice since (to J, then unvoted, then to soup). Looks like votecounts say I'm on him but I shouldn't be.

BarDulL BarDulL - I should be voting for soup

Kantrip

Kantplay
I don't necessarily think that people disliking Spak are scum. While I think Spak looks townie, a lot of his thought processes in this game are bad and he's focusing heavily on some bizarre things that I could see people finding scummy if they read him at surface level. His fixation with Kary whipping up a voting block in RVS phase is absurd and he's been wasting all his time on that one topic. His defense of Rake is also bad and pretty meta-centric. The truth is, Rake was avoiding answering questions or explaining himself for the longest time and he deserved pressure for it. Spak saying he dislikes the pressure because Rake looked like he was playing how he always does should not be acceptable.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I actually think Rake's outburst looked really out of place. I don't understand how he was so angry at a couple people trying to get him to explain his thoughts and voting him when he failed to comply. He exploded out of nowhere and it didn't look natural in my opinion.

I would be okay with compromising to a Rake lynch. I don't like his Koopa vote and don't think his explanation for it was very good either. He basically just said "why are people townreading Koopa he hasn't done enough to warrant a townread." While that very well may be true, it sure as hell doesn't justify a scumread either.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Last thought is that I am concerned about Gheb. He's been around, and he hasn't said anything I find disagreeable, but despite both these facts I can't recall ever feeling like he's really been concerned with finding scum. His presence has always felt a bit like he's here just for the sake of being here, asking kind of easy questions and giving common-sense answers. Almost active lurking. Not really a scum lean but just more of an IGMEOY

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You listed a bunch of people. Do you think some lynches are more likely to get better reads from for the future? If so, which?
Is this a rhetorical question? ... I think you're intelligent enough to know how I'd respond.
[I'll do it anyway if you really insist].

Sparky is pretty blatant town this game imo. The flak he is getting is pretty unfounded and more looks like some scummies are up to no good.
Be more specific. Who is Spak getting "flak" from and why does it have to be scum who'd do that? I have called out Spak because he brought up the whole Kary's church thing out of nowhere. Is that part of the "flak" you are talking about?

I still have to disagree with you either way. How are Kary's concerns unfounded? Let's assume you were in his position and somebody brought up an obviously non-serious post from RVS and tried to turn it into a scumtell like 3 days later. You'd just shrugg it off and be a-OK with it? Would you ignore it? I don't even know why I'm defending Kary at this point but I really think you need step up your reads here. If you just flat-out said that Koopa joining in this whole mess is scummy then I would've been 100% with you. But saying that "scummers" are "up to no good" because they are giving him "flak" is such a vague statement that could include a lot of players ... and you say I post like a politician *smh*

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Rake can die but I don't understand why he's so many peoples' favorite lynch. His outburst after being pretty much completely worthless all Day isn't doing him any favors. There's two things I have to hold in his credit though and that are his reads on Adam and Koops. I agree with both of them.

Koops is definitely a better lynch than Rake at this point. He has arguably been equalluseless and his "it's Day 1 so don't mind my reads too much" sounds pretty much like an excuse to go after the two 'easiest' targets [Spak insistence on lynhing Kary is dumb and easy to argue against and Rake is just geneally a popular lynch].
Rake has a point when he says that having Adam high up on his priority list is justified. Why wouldn't his inactivity *not* be at least somewhat suspicious at this point? If it's not yet unsettling enough that he has been posting *nothing* at all, the fact that it's a hydra doing so is just really fishy. If Maven can show up, flat-out admit that he's not interested in playing and ask for a replacement why shouldn't we expect at least one head of the hydra to show up? Adam lynch has a lot more merit than people give it credit for and holding the suggestion *against* Rake is taking it too far.

Soup also is a better lynch than Rake. Almost inclined to say that it's an objective fact. Less relevant input at this point, arguably more suspicious and yet he also has had more interaction with other players so we'd probably gain more from his lynch as well.

Vote: KingofKoopas

Am willing to switch to soup if people other than Kantrip are game for it.

Koopa / soup / Adam are excellent lynches
Rake can still die for being worthless and not giving helpful responses. There are better lynches though.
Other slots aren't really on the table for one reason or another. Will not go in detail on any of those unless specifically asked for and given a good reason.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Spak Spak

I dunno, I'm probably coming across like a complete asshole right now but .... holy ****ing **** your reads are atrocious. They also don't fit your explanations at all. You post a mere three points on J and only the vaguest one ["seems to genuinely look for scum"] somewhat resembles a real town tell ... but he still ends up in your "would not lynch under any circumstance" pool? Why is that again? Also, compare the points you have listed for Joey and for me. How are we even close to being on the same level of priority to you? All three points you make bout Joey show that you have a pretty low option on his play and can be sen as scummy / anti-town. Out of the five points you make about me 2 are clear pro-town tells, one is a null-tell / not really relevant and one is a wrong impression you have about my activity level. The only point that could be seen as a scum-tell is still entirely up in the air and depends on your and Kary's alignment. How does that add up to the null-scum lean you seem to have on me? I really think you need to think your reads through again.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
This Game is probably more reliant on flavor hence my role and I'd advise lynching someone else

Anyone who uses the excuse about connections and whatnot to lynch my slot is probably scum fwiw

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I'm not trying to move away from anything through my pressuring of soup or questioning of other players. The walls I made explaining my rationale in my actions was an attempt to move away from the spotlight. Everything else is an attempt to find and lynch scum.
I don't recall you doing anything since you voted soup, though.

I don't have any other scumreads because so many people are too inactive in this game to base a read off of. People worth looking at, however, include Rake, Gheb, and tHe-man. There are others that I don't necessarily townread but I think are better left for looking into when we have more time and won't be on the table for toDay.
How is He-man a slot worth looking at? What's to look at?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Spak Spak

I dunno, I'm probably coming across like a complete ******* right now but .... holy ****ing **** your reads are atrocious. They also don't fit your explanations at all. You post a mere three points on J and only the vaguest one ["seems to genuinely look for scum"] somewhat resembles a real town tell ... but he still ends up in your "would not lynch under any circumstance" pool? Why is that again? Also, compare the points you have listed for Joey and for me. How are we even close to being on the same level of priority to you? All three points you make bout Joey show that you have a pretty low option on his play and can be sen as scummy / anti-town. Out of the five points you make about me 2 are clear pro-town tells, one is a null-tell / not really relevant and one is a wrong impression you have about my activity level. The only point that could be seen as a scum-tell is still entirely up in the air and depends on your and Kary's alignment. How does that add up to the null-scum lean you seem to have on me? I really think you need to think your reads through again.

Firstly, O stated in the post below my huge one that my scum lean on you is a lot less solid than my scum lean on Joey. You were on the brink of null, but your level of activity seems to be just enough to slip by without being noticed as inactive, but not here enough to contribute to town. I don't remember your slot being so spotty in the past, so that looked a bit suspicious.

Secondly, I would have taken more notes on J, but I wanted to keep my notes to a minimum; I was on page 3 with 2 pages of notes in MS Word, so I decided to tone it down a bit. If you want a more elaborate read on J, here it is:

J has been the most consistently active slot all game. He has put his personal thoughts and opinions in the open for the whole thread to see, he has been consistently engaging himself with the rest of the thread, he has been making reads independent of other people's, and I haven't seen any content he's produced that reads scummy intent to me.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm showering and then going sqirrel hunting.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I don't necessarily think that people disliking Spak are scum. While I think Spak looks townie, a lot of his thought processes in this game are bad and he's focusing heavily on some bizarre things that I could see people finding scummy if they read him at surface level. His fixation with Kary whipping up a voting block in RVS phase is absurd and he's been wasting all his time on that one topic.
I am using this as an opportunity to say that I HATE Spak's play. It is truly awful.

That being said, I do not find it particularly scummy, particularly in light of his recent large post. It reminds me of how Ranmaru used to play when he would catch onto something he didn't like and it would warp his whole view of the game. I can see why people would townread him.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
This Game is probably more reliant on flavor hence my role and I'd advise lynching someone else

Anyone who uses the excuse about connections and whatnot to lynch my slot is probably scum fwiw
Either stay in or stay out. Stop posting and ruining the slot even more if you truly are not playing any more. Coming in and role claiming just to try and save your slot even more makes me want you dead in game more so.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Vote: Soup

This is the best lynch for today.

I don't care for what the slot has done at points and don't like how he handled pressure on himself. He also wants to replace out and would rather do it over a modkill if that were to happen.

Rake needs to calm down, I get the frustration but woah dude chill a little bit.

Joey is gut town along with Rake, Rake I have more legitimate reasons with feels, Joey is mostly feels. His attitude in game doesn't feel like scum to me.
(I cut some of this down to get the points I want to focus on). You say that soup should be the target for today partially based on his reaction to being pushed but you have Rake as town. Why? To me, it seems like Rake's reactions were the same as Soup's unless I'm reading incorrectly.

J has been the most consistently active slot all game. He has put his personal thoughts and opinions in the open for the whole thread to see, he has been consistently engaging himself with the rest of the thread, he has been making reads independent of other people's, and I haven't seen any content he's produced that reads scummy intent to me.
Are we reading the same J this game? To the bolded, he has consistently withheld opinions and responses to various questions stating things along the lines of "I don't feel comfortable answering this right now" or "I'll explain later" or sometimes just not even giving an excuse at all.

Is this a rhetorical question? ... I think you're intelligent enough to know how I'd respond.
[I'll do it anyway if you really insist].
I won't push it. It was mostly a rhetorical question to get you to start talking, but you kind of did that on your own.

As a note to your vote post (not quoted to keep this short), I can compromise for a Koopa lynch if I need to. I do not want to lynch Adam (tHe-Man?) or Soup because, even though it is D1, we have people that are actually posting and that we can get info from. It's not ideal and I can't say Koops definitively a scum read of mine, but I agree with your points and could see him as possibly scum looking to coast. My fear with Rake would be another outburst if he were to be pushed again.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Either stay in or stay out. Stop posting and ruining the slot even more if you truly are not playing any more. Coming in and role claiming just to try and save your slot even more makes me want you dead in game more so.
I'm giving you relevant information in case Bardull cant find a replacement and you decide to just vote me off.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Are we reading the same J this game? To the bolded, he has consistently withheld opinions and responses to various questions stating things along the lines of "I don't feel comfortable answering this right now" or "I'll explain later" or sometimes just not even giving an excuse at all..
The only time I have done this is with your current Kary question towards me so I feel you are stretching that a bit, Sang. I've been pretty vocal with my opinion and other things. I'm just not revealing the full hand, but my thoughts are known and my opinions of most players are clear.

BarDulL

Town Vampire

Not Voting: Soup

Deadline is 12/22/2015 at 11:59pm PST

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

This is news to me, I voted Rake in RVS phase and have moved it twice since (to J, then unvoted, then to soup). Looks like votecounts say I'm on him but I shouldn't be.

BarDulL BarDulL - I should be voting for soup
Don't know how I messed that one up so much o.O. I'll go back and change it to accurately reflect the correct votes at that point in the game.

Last edited:

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
The only time I have done this is with your current Kary question towards me so I feel you are stretching that a bit, Sang. I've been pretty vocal with my opinion and other things. I'm just not revealing the full hand, but my thoughts are known and my opinions of most players are clear.
It was with one or two of my other questions as well, so that is a bit of a stretch. I was just getting very Gheb-like responses out of you which I'm not used to, so I find it (found it? tbd) slightly suspicious. Upon re-reading (well, re-skimming, if I'm being honest), you've been very open about everything else save those things. I just wanted to point that bit out.

I know, at least prior to your Rake vote, you were looking at Kary, but who would you be more willing to lynch toDay: Koopa, Rake, or Soup?

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
Rake can die but I don't understand why he's so many peoples' favorite lynch. His outburst after being pretty much completely worthless all Day isn't doing him any favors. There's two things I have to hold in his credit though and that are his reads on Adam and Koops. I agree with both of them.

Koops is definitely a better lynch than Rake at this point. He has arguably been equalluseless and his "it's Day 1 so don't mind my reads too much" sounds pretty much like an excuse to go after the two 'easiest' targets [Spak insistence on lynhing Kary is dumb and easy to argue against and Rake is just geneally a popular lynch].
Rake has a point when he says that having Adam high up on his priority list is justified. Why wouldn't his inactivity *not* be at least somewhat suspicious at this point? If it's not yet unsettling enough that he has been posting *nothing* at all, the fact that it's a hydra doing so is just really fishy. If Maven can show up, flat-out admit that he's not interested in playing and ask for a replacement why shouldn't we expect at least one head of the hydra to show up? Adam lynch has a lot more merit than people give it credit for and holding the suggestion *against* Rake is taking it too far.

Soup also is a better lynch than Rake. Almost inclined to say that it's an objective fact. Less relevant input at this point, arguably more suspicious and yet he also has had more interaction with other players so we'd probably gain more from his lynch as well.

Vote: KingofKoopas

Am willing to switch to soup if people other than Kantrip are game for it.

Rake can still die for being worthless and not giving helpful responses. There are better lynches though.
Other slots aren't really on the table for one reason or another. Will not go in detail on any of those unless specifically asked for and given a good reason.

But
I can literally flip everything you claimed about me back onto you. You haven't done much either, your pushes on Adam and I would be "easy lynches", and you did the same exact thing as I did when I said "I won't go into my town/null reads unless anyone wants me to" in the last two sentences.

his "it's Day 1 so don't mind my reads too much" sounds pretty much like an excuse to go after the two 'easiest' targets [Spak insistence on lynhing Kary is dumb and easy to argue against and Rake is just geneally a popular lynch].
I didn't say "don't mind my reads." I said that so much has been happening that I've been putting my focus on them and I started to forget my town/null reads. I even said I could elaborate if anyone asked me to, I could've gone back and skimmed through the game.

Why would Adam be a better lynch than Rake? I would rather lynch someone scummy who was active enough to give their insight on the game rather than someone who was scummy and only made two posts.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
It was with one or two of my other questions as well, so that is a bit of a stretch. I was just getting very Gheb-like responses out of you which I'm not used to, so I find it (found it? tbd) slightly suspicious. Upon re-reading (well, re-skimming, if I'm being honest), you've been very open about everything else save those things. I just wanted to point that bit out.

I know, at least prior to your Rake vote, you were looking at Kary, but who would you be more willing to lynch toDay: Koopa, Rake, or Soup?
Rake>Soup>>>Koopy

In that order. Rake and Soup are more equal especially with the more Soup posts while he is "replaced out" and that's just a minor grievance I am seeing with that slot. Soup's pretty much made my list of 4 into a list of 5.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
We've got 10 hours and I am seeing the most recent vote count as either Rake or Soup for toDay and I am okay with either lynch. I'll be able to switch votes over mobile if need be, but we need 3 votes either way to secure a lynch.

If Sang and I switched to Soup, there would only need be 1 vote to lynch him, but she seems more adamant on not lynching him and getting her Rake lynch since she was the main wagon kick-starter. And I'll be honest a wagon with both Kary and Joey on it makes me wary especially when Ditzy and Sang are on the Rake wagon. I am firm in my vote on Rake and would like that to be the lynch toDay. Another point of interest is that Rake/Gheb are the only two voting Koopy and I dislike that as much as Kary/Joey on Soup.

Yeah, I'm pretty dead-set on my Rake vote and won't vote Soup unless we need a hammer moreso after doing a bit of a vote analysis.

Spak Spak You need to pick a side to vote on with either Rake or Soup since Kary isn't happening toDay. I suggest a Rake lynch due to bias of my feelings towards it, but I feel that is the right choice for toDay.

Top Bottom