• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unbelievable! Also: How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

• It should be whenever you want (like Zelda / Sheik)

Votes: 413 24.3%
  • It should be only after Samus' "Super Smash" (like in the movie - this would mean items must be on)

Votes: 74 4.4%
  • It should be only after something happens to Samus (like taking a certain amount of damage)

Votes: 163 9.6%
  • Zamus should be a seperate character all-together

Votes: 869 51.1%
  • I don't really care, I'm happy with whatever

Votes: 182 10.7%

• Total voters

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
And do you think that a person with wings, a fart that causes an atomic explosion, or light sabers are possible? You talk of possible and impossible things about a VIDEO GAME.

Apøc`

Smash Apprentice
You didn't understand my point, I am not talking about Wario's fart nor any Light Sabers, I was just making my point that ZS Samus comes out from Samus' Varia Suit so she can't fight herself in the VIDEO, because that is impossible. I mean, imagine a video where Zelda transform herself to Sheik, she couldn't fight against her. And I am still talking about any possible trailer or whatever you want. I am not talking about a real time battle situation that you can play Samus vs Samus, Samus vs ZS Samus, Sheik vs Sheik, Zelda vs Sheik...

kaid

Smash Master
A scary thought just occured to me.

we are up to 600 posts in this thread after only 4 days. If it continues like this, this thread will be bigger than the old spam thread before the Tokyo Game Show happens!

the grim lizard

Smash Master
McFox said:
To all the people who said Sonic would never be in SSB3.

NA NA NA NA NA! I TOLD YOU SO I TOLD YOU SO I TOLD YOU SO I TOLD YOU SO!

Bwa ha ha. Screw all of you who said it's "first party only!" HAHAHAHAH.

Score one for McWrong.

aren't you the one who said the banjo/kazooey could never be in it because they didn't belong to nintendo?? :confused:

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Can you guys imagine playing as Sephiroth in SSBB? I mean if that guy is there somehow, as an ultimate unlockable(Example : Mr. Game & Watch) then I think i'd be Nintendo's ***** for the rest of my life.

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
XZero BeatX said:
Can you guys imagine playing as Sephiroth in SSBB? I mean if that guy is there somehow, as an ultimate unlockable(Example : Mr. Game & Watch) then I think i'd be Nintendo's ***** for the rest of my life.
no, i cannot.
because my mind was never suffocated with the thoughts of a square fanboy.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Antioch said:
no, i cannot.
because my mind was never suffocated with the thoughts of a square fanboy.
Disregard Square for a moment and think about the power you'd be dealing with here mate. BTW being called a Sony Fanboy insults me. Xbox sounds better.

Okurama

Smash Journeyman
Tijuana, CA (yeah, i know i change my location, AG
Apøc` said:
You didn't understand my point, I am not talking about Wario's fart nor any Light Sabers, I was just making my point that ZS Samus comes out from Samus' Varia Suit so she can't fight herself in the VIDEO, because that is impossible. I mean, imagine a video where Zelda transform herself to Sheik, she couldn't fight against her. And I am still talking about any possible trailer or whatever you want. I am not talking about a real time battle situation that you can play Samus vs Samus, Samus vs ZS Samus, Sheik vs Sheik, Zelda vs Sheik...
this is and idea dude, but i think ZSS will appear as like link and young link appear (nintendo thinks that sheik and zelda are the same, and in smashboards, we think they are two diferent characters).

and dudes speaking of young link, who would his NEW LOOK would be like (i don't think that in twinlight princess appears a YOUNG LINK!!!, or does it), and who about ganondorf, any ideas as there new look.

X_Arre

Smash Cadet
I don't know why this argument exists. In the game you can always play as the same character, or their variations. Of course they wouldn't show Samus and ZSSamus fighting eachother in the trailer, It would look dumb. But there's no reason to believe that Samus and ZSSamus are bound by transformation. It makes even less sense to fight yourself at a different age then in a different suit (Link/Y. Link), But you can still do that.

As for young link's look, I'm guessing they'll either make him cell shaded, or keep him from OoT (Of course, those are really their only options ~_~, unless there is a young link in TP, which they have failed to mention.)

Supreme Pie Ninja

Smash Ace
It would be awesome if he was cell shaded like Wind Waker. I mean, all the other characters, and then some random cell shaded little dude slashing your face.

anonymous_joe

Smash Apprentice
on the samus topic, if they really dont want to have samus vs zamus and they dont want to make her the same character with a transformation like a zelda sheik thing, they can always not bring back samus, and bring back the x virus replica of samus thats in metroid prime fusion she would play exactly like samus and be a clone of samus but not samus

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
XZero BeatX said:
Sephiroth would be too broken in SSBB. Look how long his sword is >.<
And you though Marth was hard to apporach >.>

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
Apøc` said:
And you didn't understand my point. You say that having samus and zamus in the video at the same time would be impossible. And yet in the same trailer there are atomic farts, men with wings and lightsabers which are impossible. So you bringing up that it is impossible is a flawed arguement because there are plenty of impossible things in the trailer so why wouldn't they put zamus and samus at the same time unless the were only accesable by means similar to how you get sheik.

Etra

Smash Cadet
Duke said:
And you didn't understand my point. You say that having samus and zamus in the video at the same time would be impossible. And yet in the same trailer there are atomic farts, men with wings and lightsabers which are impossible. So you bringing up that it is impossible is a flawed arguement because there are plenty of impossible things in the trailer so why wouldn't they put zamus and samus at the same time unless the were only accesable by means similar to how you get sheik.
Now you're just being a tad ignorant here. Indeed, it's not impossible, but it's heavily improbable. Showing the same character (in two different forms, mind you) will destroy the opening/trailer/demo/whatever video. Unless, that is, they are showing an in-game battle.

Anyyyways, I'm hoping they get rid of Young Link, Falco, and Pichu. I just don't like clones. :p (And, of course, give Ganon his own move set.) Unless, of course, they get their own moves -- which is highly unlikely.

Edit: And for the love of God, remember this is my opinion. It seems one has to declare that every .4 seconds when posting. :p

Alpo

Smash Apprentice
Etra said:
Anyyyways, I'm hoping they get rid of Young Link, Falco, and Pichu. I just don't like clones. :p (And, of course, give Ganon his own move set.) Unless, of course, they get their own moves -- which is highly unlikely.
I don't get why people hate clones so much.

1.) If it wasn't for clones, there'd be 6 less characters in Melee (YL, Falco, Pichu, Ganondorf, Dr. Mario, and Marth/Roy). Clones are made because it doesn't take as much time as it takes to make a character with an original moveset.

2.) All clones mention PLAY DIFFERENTLY than the character that they are cloned off of due to slight differences.

3.) Lists of 3 look better than lists of 2.

In terms of number of characters, I'm always in the belief that more is better. As long as they play differently from their counterparts, I'm in favor of clones.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Etra said:
:p
HOW DARE YOU!!!Falco and Fox are not the same,neither are Pichu/Pikachu,Link/Young Link,and Marth/Roy.Falco is stronger and heavier,Pichu is fatser,stronger,lighter,and hurts himself.Roy is stronger,has fire,and is easier to approach.Also,Link is stronger,combos less,and is slightly slower.They are not clones.Nay,they are beefed up semi-wannabees.Also,let us hear it for Ridley in SSBB!!!!!
:uzi::rocket:
:uzi::bigrocket

Zander805

Smash Ace
I agree with Alpo. Lots of people use clones in SSBM: Falco, Doc, Gannon, & Marth are all characters that are used often. I also think that the creators of SSBM did a very good job making sure that the clones all have very different play styles.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Etra said:
Now you're just being a tad ignorant here. Indeed, it's not impossible, but it's heavily improbable. Showing the same character (in two different forms, mind you) will destroy the opening/trailer/demo/whatever video. Unless, that is, they are showing an in-game battle.

Edit: And for the love of God, remember this is my opinion. It seems one has to declare that every .4 seconds when posting. :p
Guys they just showed Zero Suit Samus cracking out of Samus' suit in order to have those who are not familiar with Metroid a chance to have at least an idea on where that blonde chick came from. They'll be two seperate characters. Otherwise it wouldn't have said
"NewComer
Zero Suit Samus"
You guys are thinking too hard on such a simple message the trailer was trying to convey.<_<

Apøc`

Smash Apprentice
Talking about Ganondorf, if he makes a comeback, will he have two swords, just like in the "The Wind Waker" but still, I don't know if they are waiting, for another Ganon in "The Twilight Princess".

I still think that the new Young Link version (If there will be one) shoud be the cel-shaded one from TWW.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Apøc` said:
Talking about Ganondorf, if he makes a comeback, will he has two swords, just like in the "The Wind Waker" but still, I don't know if they are waiting, for another Ganon in "The Twilight Princess".

I still think that the new Young Link version (If there will be one) shoud be the cel-shaded one from TWW.
I agree to both. However, Ganondorf should keep some of his original moves, and Y. Link should have a different moveset than normal Link.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Well I figure the clones would be changed up now...at least those that can be changed. Ganondorf can get a new moveset (though I'm not sure if I want that XD) and Link and Y.Link have enough differences where they can be different, and Roy can be easily changed. But for people like Doctor Mario, Falco and Pichu, I'm unsure what to do there. Well Pichu, being a pokemon can easily get another movelist I guess.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
kaid said:
A scary thought just occured to me.

we are up to 600 posts in this thread after only 4 days. If it continues like this, this thread will be bigger than the old spam thread before the Tokyo Game Show happens!
Good point.

There's no reason for this topic to be open. We have the appropriate venues for all discussion in other topics.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
I'm enjoying having a topic for people to vent their random happinness.

As I said in another thread, I want to replace this one with a thread with links to every known source of information. I'll handle it like the Confirmed Characters and Levels thread, re-posting it when the replies get too big.

iron_man

Smash Rookie
magnebula said:
I Love it!!! Now...
Add:
Geno (SM RPG)
Mallow (SM RPG)
King Dedede (Kirby)
Oni-Link (TLoZ: MM)
Peppy (Starfox, with Barrel Roll attack)

...and many many many many more.
don't forget vectorman, banjo-kazooie, and the jet force trio, eh Nik

RAMRAM

Smash Apprentice
Man, I think the Metaknight looks awesome. I'm gonna try him out first thing when I get the game.
Also, those super powers look soooo cool! Mario with his super-ultra-mega fire boom!!

Who would have seen Snake coming to SSB? I mean yeah, he's technically a Nintendo character, although not a complete one. He was on the NES...or maybe the SNES, I forget, but he started out in Nintendo. So it only makes more sense in that respect. I think Snake is going to be a lot like Fox...A gun and some athletic moves. Maybe they'll change the clones though, who knows?

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Snake is supposed to have a set of explosive moves,supposedly with grenades and who knows what else.I just can't imagine his UP-B.Also,with a gcube controller and game engine,i hope ssbb can be for GCube!!!

Okurama

Smash Journeyman
Tijuana, CA (yeah, i know i change my location, AG
Falco&Victory said:
Snake is supposed to have a set of explosive moves,supposedly with grenades and who knows what else.I just can't imagine his UP-B.Also,with a gcube controller and game engine,i hope ssbb can be for GCube!!!
its for Wii, haven't you read IGN. Anyway, of what you say about snake having a up-b, well neither do i, i can even imagine double jump from him, though i never have played metal gear so i better be quiet.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
WARNING!!!OFF TOPIC!!!CAN SOMEBODY MAKE AN AVATAR OF A GAME&WATCH KIRBY STANDING IN A DARK STAGE WITH NO ITEMS,CHARACTERS OR ATTACKS!!!IF NOT,TELL ME WHERE TO ASK!!!Also,i hope the Wii is under $200.Nintendo previously said $250-250,and i hope they stick with it.AND PLEASE LET THE FRIEND CODE-ONLY WIFI BE STOPPED,BEFORE IT BURNS ARE CROPS,POISONS OUR WATER,RAVAGES OUR VILLAGES,AND KILLS OUR PEOPLE!!!!!

G-Ron

Smash Apprentice
RAMRAM said:
I think Snake is going to be a lot like Fox...A gun and some athletic moves. Maybe they'll change the clones though, who knows?

yeeaa...........i guess you havent reaad ign either. :laugh:

as far as snake, i would think that his ^+b would be a parachute because of MGS3. Although technically that was big boss, but meh. In the other MGS snake usually enters swimming so i would think it would be an upgrade of "game&watch" parachute. At least thats my judgement from playing all of the MGS.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Haha with the gullible thing,no one will fall for it.Also,I am tired of everyone saying no more clones."Clones" look different,jump differently,recover differently,and have different movement.Also,can someone post back about the Game&Watch avatar?

Aftermath

Smash Champion
You'd have to post in the art cafe or whatever it's called (creative minds maybe). It's near the bottom of the forum index on the main swf page and there are people in there with threads for requests for avatars and signatures. Keep in mind though, if you haven't paid for an account you can't use custom avatars.

More on topic... RAMRAM brings up an interesting idea, which character will you play first? I know there's about a year until it comes out and no one's sure of many characters at this point, but I was thinking and now I really can't decide who I'll play first. Depending on how many are unlocked from the beginning, I might spend a full 10 minutes trying to decide on who to play first.

When Melee came out, I thought I'd play Kirby first (was my main from ssb64), but when i saw bowser I just had to try playing as him. I wonder if they'll make characters with this same kind of appeal to most people, or if i'll still be wanting to try out my melee main (samus) first to see what's changed.

Shifty McSly

Smash Cadet
I will play snake first, he is too freaking awesome to ignore. There is absolutely no way he'll be a clone of another character, especially not a speed demon like fox. I hope his grapples are as awesome as the cqc in mgs3. zero suit samus's sword gun is sooo lame, as is her haircut.
snake = awesome
wario = LAMEST CHARACTER EVER ! ! !

WR3K

Smash Ace
i will definatly pick up link as soon as the cinematics end. he will always be my main. then i will try new cahracters, and old ones to see how they have changed.

Top Bottom