• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I meant starting with Smash 4. As in after that.
In their defense, Street Fighter has been catering to that group much longer. And much harder.

Just put some ****ing goddamn shoes on my main that I don't have to pay for, Capcom. Thank you.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Pokemon starters didn't pop for me. Rabbit is my favorite. Usually the fire starter ends up my least favorite.

I have high hopes that the water one will turn into something cool.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Saw that osby osby 's a mod now. Congrats!

So, we still talkin' Pokemans in this here thread? I wonder what our obligatory Pikaclone will be in this gen.
Hmm...

Britain has Voles, Mice, Rats, Shrews, Hedgehogs and Bats to pick from out of possible rodents.

I vote European Water Vole.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I saw a post on reddit and now I'm going to be so disappointed if they go all in on Grookey's drummer theme and don't name the final evolution Oringotan.

D

Deleted member

At this point, they could add a Champion that's better than Cynthia, and I'd still be disappointed if that Champion wasn't supposed to look like the Queen.

The seed has been planted. Only the Queen is acceptable now.
I'm telling you, this is what we're getting:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I saw a post on reddit and now I'm going to be so disappointed if they go all in on Grookey's drummer theme and don't name the final evolution Oringotan.
God dammit.

Speaking of "Ringo", now is the perfect time to have a Train Pokémon.

"A very useful engine", if you will.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
You're not alone.

I believe Gen 7 was the first time in years where I actually liked all three starters. I genuinely loved all three designs, and I thought they went along with the Hawaii theme decently enough. With this Gen though, Scorbunny is the only one I'm immediately clicking with. Sobble is cute, but I'm not really sure what it's supposed to be (chameleon, maybe?), and that's making it a little harder to love. Grookey is just... Well, it's that one unpopular starter who certain people struggle to get used to. Maybe time will soften my heart.
I liked the designs of the Gen 7 starters as well, though Rowlet was the one that personally appealed the most to me. Same case with Gen 6, Froakie being my favorite of the bunch in that instance.

I'm with you on Sobble, it is cute, but also kind of odd; if it's supposed to be a chameleon, then...I can sort of see that, but only sort of. Maybe it's evolutions will look better. Ironically though, if what you're saying is true, and while I'm not sold on any of them yet, Grookey is actually the one that I like the most so far. There's just something about Scorbunny's design that I find rather...off-putting.

In any case, I'll probably warm up to all of the designs over time, but for now, at least, I'm really not very impressed with this generation's starters.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
EXACTLY
i was like "why tf he showing us his butt lmao" before i realized
Not to mention I keep flip flopping the orientation of the "feet" in my head, so instead the left foot being a "tail", it looks more like uh... well, a flipper ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom