• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Can I give my honest opinion and say that I'm not too fond of any of the three starters, so far?

That said, I should be clear in that I don't actually dislike any of them, either. It's just that none of their designs are immediately clicking with me like any of those from most of the prior generations.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
To be fair...
To be fairer, Nintendo's just putting their best foot forward because they know their audience.

Corrin.

D

Deleted member

To be fair...
why do oshawott's feet look like it's tail it's disorienting af lol

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'll have you know that feet are one of the last things that comes to my mind when I think of Corrin...
Me too.

But then I look for art for her and or Azura and the internet changes my mind.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Oh, yeah, also apparently people are starting to draw comparisons between the new starters and the Powerpuff Girls:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

...I guess I kinda can see it? Mostly with Sobble and Grookey, owing to the designs of the eyes.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Can I give my honest opinion and say that I'm not too fond of any of the three starters, so far?

That said, I should be clear in that I don't actually dislike any of them, either. It's just that none of their designs are immediately clicking with me like any of those from prior most generations.
You're not alone.

I believe Gen 7 was the first time in years where I actually liked all three starters. I genuinely loved all three designs, and I thought they went along with the Hawaii theme decently enough. With this Gen though, Scorbunny is the only one I'm immediately clicking with. Sobble is cute, but I'm not really sure what it's supposed to be (chameleon, maybe?), and that's making it a little harder to love. Grookey is just... Well, it's that one unpopular starter who certain people struggle to get used to. Maybe time will soften my heart.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Oh, yeah, also apparently people are starting to draw comparisons between the new starters and the Powerpuff Girls:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

...I guess I kinda can see it? Mostly with Sobble and Grookey, owing to the designs of the eyes.
I hope Grookey's final evolution is Mojo Jojo

D

Deleted member

Saw that osby osby 's a mod now. Congrats!

So, we still talkin' Pokemans in this here thread? I wonder what our obligatory Pikaclone will be in this gen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom