• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Yeah but, don't I have to, like, credit the artistic in some way?
Nah - as you're just using the art for a forum profile picture it's all fine; you only really need to if it's in the context of some creative project

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I’m a horrible Sonic fan....

I think the Werehog is fun.
I definitely enjoyed it more than the Day Stages. I like having a reasonable amount of control over Sonic and not bumping into enemies all the time. :/

Second favorite part of Unleashed, with the hub being the first. Wasn't a fan of the Day Stages in that game, though the worst was the Tails stages, but I can't really stand bullet hell games or "Press X To Not Die" gameplay. I can't play them well and they're not very fun for me.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
You know how on the cover of the Mario 64 cartridge it shows Mario running over a hill away from Bowser and his fire?

For some reason as a kid, I was always scared that if you stayed too long outside of Peach’s castle Bowser would show up and kill you. So I always made a mad dash into the castle whenever I was outside, I was always too scared to test it out until I was older.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
They're an exception though, so are Meowstic. Their entire design philosophy is based on that groundwork. Meanwhile, non-specific gender differences in Pokemon like Sneasel, Blaziken, and Unfezant completely forego the concept by having one member of their race look a certain way, but lesser.
If it's an objective "lesser", I'd have to agree with you.

But in fictional designs you have more subjective opinions than objective statements. I can absolutely see what you're saying and I understand. I just don't necessarily agree with it because other people have different tastes than I do and could, say, consider female Sneasel an upgrade over the original male Sneasel design.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Guys the earth is obviously flat.

Whenever I see the earth from a distance in video games it’s always a flat texture to save on resources, so stop being so dumb

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
They're an exception though, so are Meowstic. Their entire design philosophy is based on that groundwork. Meanwhile, non-specific gender differences in Pokemon like Sneasel, Blaziken, and Unfezant completely forego the concept by having one member of their race look a certain way, but lesser.
I do believe Torchic has the most vital gender difference of all!

But no, I recently Discovered, for example, that female Venusaur has a Seed protruding from her Flower while the male does not. That **** makes all the sense in the world and I love details like that!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This has to be the biggest collective woosh that has ever been wooshed in the history of wooshing.
I mean on one hand, yes.

On the other hand, you wouldn't believe how scarily common that type of rhetoric is.

D

Deleted member

Gender differences between Pokemon are cool because that's how some animals work so long as they aren't like "girl... heart" like Pikachu's tail or directly ruin a design like Unfezant(I ****ing know what they're based off but good design should take priority)

Last edited by a moderator:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
D

Deleted member

Edit: Why am I always late in responding to stuff? **** my **** up fam.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Gender differences between Pokemon are cool because that's how some animals work so long as they aren't like "girl... heart" like Pikachu's tail or directly ruin a design like Unfezant(I ****ing know what they're based off but good design should take priority)
Male Unfezant is the early bird with the best design, don't even @ me.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I mean on one hand, yes.

On the other hand, you wouldn't believe how scarily common that type of rhetoric is.
Just shut em up with moe anime memes.

That you didn't go look up.

1557697749716.png

Cause why would you go looking that up that'd just end awkwardly.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I mean on one hand, yes.

I once had a schoolmate who actually tried to convince me that time travel was created by the government in 1982, while being confidential somehow. Yet I was also told about a video that I got no name for afterwards. Needless to say, he was upset I thought otherwise the whole time.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
It then proceeds to evolve and lose its last shred of humanity to become the closest thing to a demonic spirit in the Pokemon world, as if there aren't enough of those around to worry about.
Trevenant.jpg

Meanwhile, based Trevenant is the Groot of the Pokemon world, who just wants to protect their animal friends and forest buddies. Be like Trevenant.

When done right, sure, which is why my argument went for, "Give both sexes the best design," although Grey disagrees on the basis that certain designs look better with a "less is more" principle.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And my...personal favorite:

“Vaccines are dangerous and cause autism!”
Ah yes, I knew I was forgetting about something
Male Unfezant is the early bird with the best design, don't even @ me.
I'm gonna @ you because you're not wrong(I like some other birds more but I love Unfezant myself)
The problem is female Unfezant, the mask is what makes the male one so great. Female Unfezant just looks naked and has a bland color scheme because of it.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It then proceeds to evolve and lose its last shred of humanity to become the closest thing to a demonic spirit in the Pokemon world, as if there aren't enough of those around to worry about.
View attachment 219334
Meanwhile, based Trevenant is the Groot of the Pokemon world, who just wants to protect their animal friends and forest buddies. Be like Trevenant.

When done right, sure, which is why my argument went for, "Give both sexes the best design," although Grey disagrees on the basis that certain designs look better with a "less is more" principle.
10 posts that aged horribly

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Does anyone know if Detective Pikachu took those gender differences into account in the movie?
I didn't notice any, but there are only a handful of pokemon that are addressed as "he" or "she". All the wild ones are referred to as "it", and I think that's an intended difference to show when a trainer has a personal relationship with his/her pokemon.

But out of the like 15 Sneasels, I didn't notice any that were female. They're never front and center though, so I could have missed it if there was a short-feathered one in there somewhere.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Does anyone know if Detective Pikachu took those gender differences into account in the movie?
Not that I can remember - at least not in any of the major ones. Perhaps there were in some of the background Pokemon but it would be difficult to tell at a distance.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ah yes, I knew I was forgetting about something

I'm gonna @ you because you're not wrong(I like some other birds more but I love Unfezant myself)
The problem is female Unfezant, the mask is what makes the male one so great. Female Unfezant just looks naked and has a bland color scheme because of it.
I jumped the gun because people always throw the male one under the bus lol.

The Best Wishes anime had a lot of things that made it the worst anime season to a lot of people, but Ash getting female Unfezant over the male one was the worst crime of all.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I definitely enjoyed it more than the Day Stages. I like having a reasonable amount of control over Sonic and not bumping into enemies all the time. :/

Second favorite part of Unleashed, with the hub being the first. Wasn't a fan of the Day Stages in that game, though the worst was the Tails stages, but I can't really stand bullet hell games or "Press X To Not Die" gameplay. I can't play them well and they're not very fun for me.
I like them both equally. I’ve played Sonic Generations enough to have good Sonic speed reflexes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom