• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm curious how people hear my voice too, I have no idea how similar is to real life.
Adult male in his thirties. I take listed age and gender into account for all of you. If you are 18 and below, you officially get the kid voice, but if you are 19 plus, I respect you as an equal adult who sounds like Tehponycorn. Unless you are a female in their 19s. Then you sound like one of my friends or a dubbed anime character.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
What would Yoshi’s eggs taste like?
Whatever Yoshi ate to produce it...

Wait, can’t enemies break out of Yoshi eggs in at least a few Mario games? I was always under the assumption that no digestion or whatever occurred, the consumed just get encased in eggs. It doesn’t really make sense but neither does anything else about Yoshi so
I've not seen an enemy break out of a Yoshi egg once. That seems to only be a thing in Smash Bros. It seems that once you enter a Yoshi's belly, you're fate lies in whatever the game mechanic decides you'll become (an egg, a 1-Up Mushroom, Star Bits or just pure Yoshi fat) :yoshi:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If I don't read your posts in just a "basic male/female" voice, I usually read in the voice of your avatars.

Also, now I'm curious. How do y'all hear MY posts?
When I read your posts, I usually "hear" a "basic female voice", yeah.

Sometimes however I instead read your posts in Eclipsa's voice.

KMDP

Smash Legend
That’s me when I’m excited.

My voice significantly deepens when I’m tired.
Considering how you've described your physical appearance, I'm actually shocked nobody has claimed you sound like Shaggy.
Some of you are just the extension of the voice I hear when I read.

Not exactly my voice, but similar enough.
This is pretty much how I read the text on this thread.

I don't really apply voices to people.

Except ShinyLegendary, who for some reason like Hinata Hinata , I read with Tails' voice. XD

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I read all posts in my "mental reading" voice. Trying to explain it is confounding me, though. :dr^_^:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Listen
I want you all to keep living your best life or strive to do so

I’m not doing so hot mentally right now and it’s terrifying. I have reasons to live, and usually I can shake this kind of thing off, but my OCD or something is amplifying it a bit today.

This sucks.
Don’t worry, I’m not in danger of doing anything, but man

This sucks

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Adult male in his thirties. I take listed age and gender into account for all of you. If you are 18, you officially get the kid voice, but if you are 19 plus, I respect you as an equal adult who sounds like Tehponycorn.
Speakin' of age, I still feel weird when I remember I'm 20 years old now.

D

Deleted member

Adult male in his thirties. I take listed age and gender into account for all of you. If you are 18, you officially get the kid voice, but if you are 19 plus, I respect you as an equal adult who sounds like Tehponycorn.
Haha, that would be totally the opposite I'm afraid. My voice is kinda soft, when I want it to be a bit more gruff.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I wait in a line for ten years and the moment it gets to me, the arena crashes.

Why, Sakurai?

D

Deleted member

If I don't read your posts in just a "basic male/female" voice, I usually read in the voice of your avatars.

So is mine Okuyasus/Genos/Dusters voice?

If it's Genos or Dusters then what voice would you give them?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Listen

I’m not doing so hot mentally right now and it’s terrifying. I have reasons to live, and usually I can shake this kind of thing off, but my OCD or something is amplifying it a bit today.

This sucks.

This sucks
Hey mate, you need someone to reach out to, even if just to get your mind off stuff, I'm here for ya.

D

Deleted member

Listen

This sucks.

This sucks
I hope things feel and get better for you soon.

KMDP

Smash Legend

If you want I can read all your comments with the voice of Nana Mizuki/Stephanie Sheh. :laugh:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Speakin' of age, I still feel weird when I remember I'm 20 years old now.
TFW you feel older than your listed age.

Listen

This sucks.

This sucks
**** man I offer my support. I got no words to help. I just look at photos of my boy when I feel down. Hope Oliver helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Frankly I kinda read the voices here much like the avatars you have, no matter how you set your gender or age. If I dont know a character, I kinda try imagining how it sounds depending on how it looks. (For Blank pictures, I just imagine an alien from neutral planet from Futurama)

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Ok, so before I go and potentially lose the last half hour of my data in Resident Evil after fighting (and dying) to a boss (I really should just say freak it and save) i’ll say this:

Stereotypes, and enforcing those stereotypes is unhealthy and not good when we personally apply them to anyone.

However, we shouldn’t ever necessarily be hostile to people who do. For example, while it is a stereotype to say that men are aggressive and many other things, those are also enforced behaviors of gender roles and may be considered as “manly”. I’ve had extensive discussions with my students on this stuff. It’s truly interesting how society has built up gender roles, and effectively made up what each gender is supposed to do.

Now, that said, there are biological differences between men and women, as from what i’ve been educated on recently, young men are more predisposed to use violence or anger to communicate when they don’t have any other way to do so. There is research that suggest this type of violence can lead to increased toxic masculinity, which then adds to the potential for violence like school shooters. It’s a toxic cycle, quite frankly, and it’s a by product of gender roles, unrealistic standards on youth, as well as a failure of our mental health supports.

However, as easy as it may be to enforce them, we must reject stereotyping others. It comes down to the individual.

Frankly i’ve said it before and I will reiterate it. It shouldn’t matter what race, gender, or ethnicity you are. It comes down to the content of your character, and what you’re doing to make society a better place. Do some people suck? Absolutely, and some people may never change. Does everyone suck? Debatable, and the optimist in me says no.

Do I hate people when they drive and do something dumb? Perhaps, as I get frustrated when I drive to work in the morning for example. Do some of my black male students say homophobic things in my class? Yes, which I use to try and challenge that thinking. They aren’t perfect. I’m not perfect. Most people aren’t. If you expect everyone to be perfect 100% of the time, then I promise you, you’re going to be very disappointed.

You have to take the good with the bad, and hold onto hope that people, and society at large, will change for the better.

But in the meantime, love each other! Love gets us further than hate...even if that means trying to let the heart of a white supremacist know that they are in fact human beings too. They may be misguided, there can be no doubt. But something probably caused that person to think that way, they weren’t born with that hate.

At least, the optimist in me says that.

Alternis

NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Honestly hearing anyone here actually talk might be weirder than seeing what they look like.

D

Deleted member

Listen

This sucks.

This sucks
I hope you're okay! I enjoy interacting with you and you seem like a real cool person so I hope you get better soon.

I'll be rooting for you buddy!

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I just imagine the voice of whatever the profile pic is.

Which was a problem when everyone had a ****ing Joker icon.

QuiqueST

Smash Apprentice
You'll have no sympathy from me. *crashes*

ID: 3292D
PW:2335
I forgot to reduce the amount of players that can enter so hopefully having it just to 6 will help

Shroob

Sup?
Listen

This sucks.

This sucks
I know exactly how you feel, I get that way more times than I'd like to admit. It'll blow over, soon enough, just stay strong my bro

Alternis

NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I just imagine the voice of whatever the profile pic is.

Which was a problem when everyone had a ****ing Joker icon.
"Says" the guy with a Demi-Fiend avatar.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Listen

This sucks.

This sucks
Keeping you in my thoughts, bid.

What voice do y’all hear my posts in?
Junko Enoshima

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom