• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Wholesome Hour on my Smashboards? It's more likely than you think.

Okay Here's some compliments!

> I really respect and admire DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon he's one of the Smartest people on this site in my opinion he's such a cool and smart person. I look up to him and he's the very person who made me want to do Speculation Posts in the first place, I have a lot of room to improve on that but I hope I'll be as good as he is one day.

> Noipoi Noipoi is such a talented and nice person I look forward to every post they make and I think they're one of the coolest people on the site. They have a ton of Talent for Art and Writing it really impresses me and they're everyone's friend! Noipoi is such a good, kind and talented person and he's what this site should strive to be more like.

> PsySmasher PsySmasher is such a cool and talented Smash Player to the point that I admire them and they're one of my inspirations to get better. Their game and skill is super impressive and every character they play are amazing in their own right. I respect them and I'm inspired to get better at Smash by them.

> @ShinyLegendary is another person whom I think is very cool, very smart and very kind too. They're a very cool person and their taste in stuff is rather high quality.

> @faygoshill is one of the funniest people on this site and they always make me smile and happy when they ****post, They're super cool and very funny I look forward to his ****posts every day and I respect them very much.

> staindgrey staindgrey is a super cool person and I look forward to their posts everyday as they're super cool, Smart, Kind and super fun to have around. I respect them immensely and their posts are always nice to read.

> @Zack E. is one of my favorite posters on this site and they're super cool and kind, I respect them greatly and I would consider them a friend. Zack has a very high quality taste in things too.

> @GothFluttershy is totally weird but they're one of the most stand out and interesting people on this site and I think they're cool. I don't agree with their taste about a certain thing but I can respect them and I think they're pretty unique if not the most unique person on this site.

D

Deleted member

@JDCabrera , you are super nice to all of us. I do not know what happened in February too, but I hope things improve for the better. You are a good friend.

D

Deleted member

D

Deleted member

@JDCabrera
Bro, I know you’ve been hurting for a while. And I know that feeling.
About “what happened in February”. Nobody else seems to remember, and despite that you post stuff that, to me, seems like a plea for validation.

Let me just let you know- you don’t need to ask. You are a great member of this thread. Despite what may have happened, nobody here dislikes you. And hey, we all have our weak moments. You’ve seen a few of mine on this thread. Everyone has them and deals with them differently.

I’m glad I could help you out with the doctor.
I wish you only the best path forward in your life.

You’re gonna do great.
I really, appreciate posts like yours.

Yes, I talked a lot about February. It was a month that did dirty to both my family and I, and it was hard to get over all the things that happened.
Thankfully, I started feeling better since March, and my goal here is to be as helpful and kind as I am IRL. At the moment, it seems like I am on the right path.

And trust me, I’ll keep it going this way.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Compliment post #2:

@Brelooming Disaster I have learned a lot about you in the last month. You're a sweet, kindhearted person. Your empathy is your strongest suit, and I hope it stays that way as you grow up and develop into a man. You don't let ignorance impede your curiosity, and you don't let your curiosity sit idly by. I think you're a deep thinker at heart, and in the coming years I hope that part of you will only grow. You have potential to do good things for other people. Go do them.

D

Deleted member

Okay. I'm just gonna start making compliment posts as I think of them. Apologies to anyone I don't eventually get to.

Opossum Opossum you are the chillest of chill people here. I don't think there is anyone active in this thread who is as comfortable in his own skin as you are. You're a moral anchor point I use to navigate conversations that are straying too close to breaking rules; when Opossum speaks up, you know there's a very good reason for it. You empower other people's opinions by giving those opinions value and consideration even when it's something you're not all that enthusiastic about yourself. It's very obvious why you were a moderator before; even without the title you're still made for the role. It shows.
Are you a writer? Because you need to be a writer. You even use those dot comma things correctly!

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Are you a writer? Because you need to be a writer. You even use those dot comma things correctly!
Lol. Yeah, I kinda went to Ohio State for an English major with minors in professional and creative writing, focus on narrative theory. It's kinda my thing. :p

Thank you.

D

Deleted member

Noipoi Noipoi you're cool, omg so cool, like cool
@JDCabrera you're the only one who truly understands me tbh, thanks for being here
and everyone else... just read what I said about Noipoi tbh

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Holy **** I actually got tagged in a compliment post.

What timeline is this?
My man, Ending it in a seesaw
View attachment 203897
You could’ve said “ending it in a cest

But I see that you saw the truth.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Is it wholesome compliment everyone hours

If not, can it be?
Cheap answer incoming: I feel like I'd be doing a disservice if I did a list that's missing anyone... but eh, may as well right? Only a handful for now though. Assume that my willingness to put you guys into my ridiculous ****posts and for-fun lists are all my ways of expressing my admiration to you all.

Idon Idon - Something about you screams Dean McCoppin. You're a straightforward fellow whose loyalties are unfaltering, and you have some of the wittiest commentary on this site that I've seen so far. You're also the sort of guy who'd start hype threads on /v/. Don't ask why, I just have that intuition [wink-wink]

@TotsBS - Although we hardly pass by, I find your Scott persona incredibly endearing, to the point that I wondered if you were the real deal. Never drop it! I also admire your advocation toward Rex and Banjo, and sincerely hope that they both happen at some point within Ultimate's possible finalized DLC cycle.

staindgrey staindgrey - You always have something worth reading about in regards to short rants and your dedication to improving in Smash is also the mark of a true warrior. For some reason, I feel like your grievances are the source of your power. You're an excellent friend and sincerely wish the best for you.

Noipoi Noipoi - I'm afraid I can't exactly praise your art when that honor actually goes to a handful of all of you, so consider that a universal compliment! Actually, I want to personally say that your most positive aspect is your ability to bring people smiles. Don't ever doubt your selfless demeanor and shine on!

@Onereasonanddone - If I'm the X to your Sigma, I like to imagine our relationship being that of an alternate history where you were never infected by the Zero Virus. You're an affable companion with commentary that's short, sweet, and to the point. Now I just need to work in the puns more often to bug ya.

Zinith Zinith - Just like Tots and his Scott persona, you are THE Yoshi Guy/Girl/Both/Neither. You have a tasteful way of expressing your admiration for Yoshi, you seem very friendly and approachable, and you're into the art-sharing spirit. I honestly have never seen people complain about you, and reasonably so.

D

Deleted member

I'm assuming by that you mean semicolons; as opposed to commas, they separate independant clauses; you can technically use them for as long as you want; they're fun to abuse.
I'm not going to pretend like I understood a word you said, but thanks anyway!

D

Deleted member

I'm not around all that often, but I think y'all are some pretty good people. Keep on being who you are.
giphy (1).gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I'm not gonna start naming names because I know I'll forget someone and they'll end up getting upset at me for it. So I'll just say y'all are cool, and leave it at that. :p

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Why are we being so wholesome?

Whatever. I'll get in on it.

@ryumo and @Bolderousness are amazing peeps for joining me in my suicide pact. There's a special connection that comes with that and I appreciate that.
Noipoi Noipoi is one of my best friends on this site. I never get tired of his posting, and he's honestly someone I wouldn't mind hanging with in real life.
Similar thing with Pyra Pyra . He's definitely someone I'd like to hang out with.
Idon Idon and NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy are a great ideological foils to myself, and I like talking with them despite sometimes disagreeing.
osby osby has been the best backup a guy could ever ask for. Having another Joker supporter here was great before his reveal.
Same with Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones . We fought together during the Grinch Wars, and the bond I feel came from that is something special.
Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei is one of the first people I remember on this site, and managed to put up with 14 year old me alongside everyone else in the OG Leaks Group (throwback Tuesday), which I really appreciate.
Cyn Cyn and Moydow Moydow are cool dudes (dude is gender neutral)
I appreciate staindgrey staindgrey , Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku , and @faygoshill for the joy they bring to this thread. staindgrey staindgrey I'm sure you'll get great at Smash if you give yourself some time for reflection. I hit a similar wall with my fencing recently, so I empathize with you.
Teeb147 Teeb147 , Nekoo Nekoo , and Calane Calane all fought alongside me in the Square Enix thread and I appreciate that.
Seeing newer members like @ShotoStar and @Brelooming Disaster makes me happy because it means this site is healthy and alive.
vaanrose vaanrose , BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 , and ChronoBound ChronoBound were inspirations for me writing speculation pieces, so I really appreciate them.
I'll throw out some other users I appreciate as well:
Wademan94 Wademan94 , Opossum Opossum , Just a penguin Just a penguin , @ShinyLegendary, Tree Gelbman Tree Gelbman , Zinith Zinith , Alternis Alternis , Hinata Hinata , SneakyLink SneakyLink , Just a penguin Just a penguin , and Noipoi Noipoi again because I seriously appreciate you buddy.
I'm not gonna start naming names because I know I'll forget someone and they'll end up getting upset at me for it. So I'll just say y'all are cool, and leave it at that. :p
Pretty much this as well. If you weren't included, don't take it personally.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Compliment post #3:

Diem Diem I love all your multi-paragraph posts. I love when you speak on a topic because you only know how to go deep on a topic. You bare your every thought on it and generate new thoughts in those who read them almost by osmosis. You're the kind of guy I could go to a bar with and talk so much that we only order one drink and suddenly it's 2:30am and we're getting kicked out. The ability to communicate so much and yet still be stimulating with each new sentence is a wonderful trait to have, and I'm glad that someone so open-minded and kind is the one to have it.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Okay I’ll admit I’m picking specific people at first- I’ll be more random as the night goes on

@ShinyLegendary
I know we kinda poke fun at you quite a bit but if you take a step back and take a deep breath, you’ll see that we only jest because we accept you in our weird family.

I know you’re another person who sometimes struggle with the pressure the thread can have sometimes, yet are so attached to it you find it hard to log out for a bit to relax. I’ve been there too. It’s a pretty shockingly heavy pressure for sure.

I think that you have the capacity to be one of the more interesting people here on your good days, and I found myself wondering where you went whenever you’re surprisingly absent. You’re one of us, my man, don’t you forget it

D

Deleted member

this is the most wholesomeness that i've seen in one place, like, ever
keep it up y'all

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Okay I’ll admit I’m picking specific people at first- I’ll be more random as the night goes on

@ShinyLegendary
I know we kinda poke fun at you quite a bit but if you take a step back and take a deep breath, you’ll see that we only jest because we accept you in our weird family.

I know you’re another person who sometimes struggle with the pressure the thread can have sometimes, yet are so attached to it you find it hard to log out for a bit to relax. I’ve been there too. It’s a pretty shockingly heavy pressure for sure.

I think that you have the capacity to be one of the more interesting people here on your good days, and I found myself wondering where you went whenever you’re surprisingly absent. You’re one of us, my man, don’t you forget it
One of us.
One of us.
One of us.

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom