• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I was replying to rikana
Ohhh ok.

There's still at least 10 months before release, a lot can change before then. Look at SSFIV early builds compared to the final build - Dee Jay especially. A ton changed there, maybe the same will be true here.

Dante is the new Cable (so far).
I actually think he's more like CapCom because of that one assist he has that's basically Captain Corridor.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
There's still at least 10 months before release, a lot can change before then. Look at SSFIV early builds compared to the final build - Dee Jay especially. A ton changed there, maybe the same will be true here.
SSF:IV's biggest problem is still it's Ultra System which received no significant tone downs besides damage scaling. However everything else got scaled down so it didn't matter anyhow, not the characters particularly themselves. The fact that the Ultra System is so dominant and needed that characters build alot of their strategy upon landing it effectively, and if you can't, then you are at the lower end of it. Just look at the tier list...all of the Best characters also happen to have the Best Ultra's...coincidence? It's things like that skewers and devalues the strategical aspects of the game.

10 months hopefully Capcom will change this, however again, I'm not happy with this particular change because it doesn't show a scenario of how this will make the Assist System better or improve on what will be removed. Yes, Capcom change this stupid idea you implemented in MvC3.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
It's probably a smaller select screen because it's just a demo. I still think there will be 35 or so characters.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
New game play matches

:) :)

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4V3M_6tEdbM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4V3M_6tEdbM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/crk6FKgXpaQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/crk6FKgXpaQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
So anyone else hear the Felicia's English voice is supposed to be Southwest-US? Makes sense she was trying to make it as a Las Vegas showgirl in Vampire.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Man oh man. They gave Deadpool a Shoryuken. That on its own makes the game worth buying.

I'm super excited for this one :)

kr3wman

Smash Master
I just love how he talks ALL THE TIME, like he should.

I love me some guns!

Pineapple!

BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG.

I love me some -- Pineapple!

YOU PRESSED THE WRONG BUTTON!!!

kr3wman

Smash Master
I didn't know who he was until he shoryuken'd wolvie in that comic, but I did read all of the comics where he starred - except for newer ones, since I kinda switched over to dc... ;p

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I don't look forward to seeing him everywhere, tho
Deadpool seems awesome, but I wouldn't want to run into him every match when I play online. That's going to get old real quick.

Also, can't wait to use Iron Man in MvC3. I liked using him in MvC2 and MSH.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
So apparently the Baroque-like system is called X-Factor and you activate it by pressing A1+A2 when you have no characters left.

When I heard the name though, all I could think of was:

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Capcom really loves their built-in comeback game mechanics now. :ohwell:
Obviously the person who takes the lead doesn't deserve it and it would be unfair if they won because of it.

I can't wait till fighting games implement random weapon systems like in the mario kart games. (melee excluded) Falling behind? Oh well here's a free lightning bolt to compensate.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Obviously the person who takes the lead doesn't deserve it and it would be unfair if they won because of it.

I can't wait till fighting games implement random weapon systems like in the mario kart games. (melee excluded) Falling behind? Oh well here's a free lightning bolt to compensate.
Snaking >> items
Infinites would >> random comebacks
if there in mvc 3 which i think someone will figure out

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
At first it reminded me of Jin, when he was the last characters with less that 50% of his life he takes less damage and deals more of it, but X Factor also increased speed and could be used as a cancel into another move.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Those horrid comebacks are worse then any infinite, rom or what not. Because at least the player who's landing those roms on you, forced you to into an opening and destroyed you, not only that, infinites were not that stupid in MvC2 anyhow, Mags being the only one, however everyone knows by now that its Mags resets that are the killer, not his rom.

Giving someone a "comeback" opportunity has been stupid for ANY fighting game, I never liked the stupid random crap that happens in Smash, I never liked Ultras in Street Fighter (Or supers at that), I never liked the Rage System in Tekken, all of those are stupid ideas that can potential give the losing player an advantage, for just that...simply losing.

I'm not a fan of it, but hey, Marvel vs Capcom 3 is "supposed" to be newbified anyhow, which is a joke. All I know is, I'm no longer a tournament player, however I feel sad for all of the MvC players who were and are still competitive but will have to be playing a watered down version of this game solely because it can attract "generalist" when in fact it would have regardless.

Add in the fact that Assist seems to only damage the "red part" of the lifebar...yeah, the RED PART! Not to mention when you juggle a character into the air, it's a Rock/Papers/Scissors if they can get out or not, which is absolutely stupid.

Yes, it seems I have alot of hate for this game, however, all I want is for Capcom to make this game Good. However judging by how everything is turning up (stupid button system lay out which will force a whole bunch of nonsense with characters, no back+Assist, percentage change to get out of air juggles etc, etc) the potential of this game not being as deep or as great as MvC2 is very Real.

This is exactly what I meant when having too much universal options to help in watering it down, and honestly, MvC3 is shaping up to be a game that barely resembles any of it's predecessors, which is the worse part of it all, however, all for the sake of attracting "new" players. Although the flew over the fact that having Deadpool, Wolverine, Iron Man, Capt. America taking on Dante, Ryu, Chris Redfield would have done that in the first place already.

Still, I'll give this game a head go, just because it's Tastunoko vs Cap...errr...I mean Marvel vs Capcom 3.

On another note, Capt America's shieldslash hitting on the way back is pretty neat, Dante looks interesting, and so does Chris. My team will most definitely consist of Ryu (coincidence?), Dante, and whomever.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
@ OneWingSephiroth

u mad?

y u mad tho?

stop gettin' mad at video games
I mad cuz of Capcom yo!

They think MvC is some toilet yo!

They should take their sh*t somewhere else yo!

I'm still trying to figure how out B+Assist = Tag Out will be for the better.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Light, Medium, Heavy, and Exchange, plus two assists. Six buttons, like MvC2.
Apparently its Light, Medium, Heavy, Air Combo, and two Assists. lol even Air Combo is getting a button.. this is kind of getting ridiculous.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
There's nothing wrong with comback mechanics. Look, in Capcom games where meter is so **** important a lot of the times, you NEED comback mechanics. No one complains about the super bar, but that's just as bad as comback mechanics. Not only are you being rewarded for hitting the opponent by their health dropping, but you are gaining the ability to a more powerful attack. You can't have one without the other. Comeback mechanics are goooood, long as you have super meters and similar things to back them up. Slipper Slope is BAD.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Ultras are a reversal mechanic as well. Capcom games, and the majority of fighting games, have had super bars or something similar for a long time know, and if you are going to have one, you have to have the other.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
I know I'm just asking for trouble by saying this, but I personally like the way the air combos are the way I'm seeing them.

I remember spending a few hours in training mode trying to make some good air combos in MvC2 just with Spiderman, painstakingly going through every move to see which connects into what and does what to allow to be connected into something else, with the only alternative being to go online and copy what someone who's already gone through this process has come up with. It's nowhere near as bad as a dial-a-combo, but it was still tedious and I only had the patience to go through it with a few characters.

Here, it's definitely not button mashing, which is a good thing, but it looks more like you have more options in the air, which is also a good thing.

Top Bottom