• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
just fyi some time ago the creator of dmc said that he didn't want dante in anymore crossover games (cause he was in the ps2 version of viewtiful joe and some shin megami tensei game) so the silhouette is prolly nero.

and if mega crash is in the mvc2 community is gonna completely ignore the game and drop it. for some reason marvel players have a BURNING HATRED for tvc.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
just fyi some time ago the creator of dmc said that he didn't want dante in anymore crossover games (cause he was in the ps2 version of viewtiful joe and some shin megami tensei game) so the silhouette is prolly nero.
I remember hearing about this during TvC but does this statement even hold? It's not like Kamiya even works for Capcom anymore.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
Why is it "not likely?" They've already stated that they were.
They also stated they don't want to alienate the MvC2 community, which isn't crying out for any huge balance changes to begin with. If anything, they'll probably have more fun with the 'unbalanced mess'. They want assists flying left and right and characters that absolutely **** your lifebar. They want what MvC2 has established as 'Mahvel bahbee'.

and if mega crash is in the mvc2 community is gonna completely ignore the game and drop it. for some reason marvel players have a BURNING HATRED for tvc.
Kinda like how this guy put it. Mega crash is an awesome addition to break out of combos and it's not being accepted well by the MvC2 community.

And thanks, I brought it up earlier but no one confirmed for me if what DMC's creator had said was true.

I remember hearing about this during TvC but does this statement even hold? It's not like Kamiya even works for Capcom anymore.
Seen Dante in anything outside of DMC for years now? I'd say the statement's held well.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
They also stated they don't want to alienate the MvC2 community, which isn't crying out for any huge balance changes to begin with. If anything, they'll probably have more fun with the 'unbalanced mess'. They want assists flying left and right and characters that absolutely **** your lifebar. They want what MvC2 has established as 'Mahvel bahbee'.
They want MvC 3 to play like a Marvel game and not Tatsunoko? Oh dear god those elitist tourney ***s.

Yeah, and Nintendo didn't want to alienate past Smash fans either :rolleyes: I see a lot more hatred and stereotypes for MvC fans by Tatsunoko fans than vice versa

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Seen Dante in anything outside of DMC for years now? I'd say the statement's held well.
Has Capcom really had any opportunities besides TvC to put him outside of a DMC game ever since Clover Studios has shut down?
I think I remember hearing Dante on the list of suggested characters in TvC but I'm not sure if he didn't make the cut due to Kamiya or if they simply chose not to include him.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
Haha, your words not mine dood. :chuckle:

I'm saying that's why there likely won't be too many balance changes. The main crowd is doing just fine without them. MvC3 will follow the Marvel style, not what Tatsunoko put out.

Edit: Yeah, Dante was thought about for TvC. Kinda hard to tell which one of the two reasons it is though since one leads to the other.

Editedit: Wait, I remember now Nero was the one considered instead.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Has Capcom really had any opportunities besides TvC to put him outside of a DMC game ever since Clover Studios has shut down?
I think I remember hearing Dante on the list of suggested characters in TvC but I'm not sure if he didn't make the cut due to Kamiya or if they simply chose not to include him.
iirc nero was #2 on the suggested capcom chars for tvc (leon was #1).

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, and Nintendo didn't want to alienate past Smash fans either :rolleyes:

lol where did you hear that? Unless you mean them having GCN controller support for the game, Nintendo didn't do **** for any of their core smash fanbase.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
It's so true tho.
If being white is the sacrifice for Tekkaman, Ryu and Zero ****, it's the easiest choice I've ever made. But that's another story.

I'm curious which teams, if any, will transition over from MvC2. I'm pretty sure the 'Big 6' will have all of their old combinations with the rest of the cast if all 6 make it back in. I'm really hoping clockwork comes back though, if only because I like seeing Strider and Doom go to work on someone.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Niitsuma did say that if he was going to do another Vs. game, then Dante was a lock, so the silhouette is probably Dante, not Nero.

Not to mention I'm pretty sure some folks have actually analyzed the shape of the sword's hilt and determined that it's Dante...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Concidering he was going to be in TvC, how likely do you guys think it'll be that Pheonix Wright makes an appearance?

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
We've talked about him earlier. I'm pretty sure they will use the same excuse they did for the TvC roster.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Concidering he was going to be in TvC, how likely do you guys think it'll be that Pheonix Wright makes an appearance?
I think Phoenix fits more with the wacky style of TvC's cast, but I'd like to see him in. Maybe they'll put him in MvC3 and TvC2 (if they do decide to make one).

EDIT: Oh geez, Heartz with a Poison avatar

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Im actually hoping Capcom brings out more of its obscure characters into the roster so we don't see 6 shoto clones on the Capcom side again.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to wait to see how the game plays before I start *****ing about how it plays.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Felicia, Deadpool, Dante, and the Cap are all confirmed, along with A-B-Y assists.

Unfortunately, they're using the TvC layout :/

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Well it obviously has to be different, as it does have all the MvC 2 standards, a 3v3 team and two partners so the control has to be a little different.

The screenshots also show billboards for Spider-Man, and considering he's probably Marvel's most famous character, it's not too far off saying that he has good chances of being in.

D

Deleted member

I think Phoenix fits more with the wacky style of TvC's cast, but I'd like to see him in. Maybe they'll put him in MvC3 and TvC2 (if they do decide to make one).

EDIT: Oh geez, Heartz with a Poison avatar
This is relatively unlikely. So far, The Ace Attorney series have only been on Nintendo consoles, so I really doubt this will make a first apperance on a PS3/360 game.

Top Bottom