• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
It's literally impossible to make Spider-Woman even resemble Spider-Man without throwing away common sense. It's just I don't want to hear the same **** when X-23 got confirmed. TWICE.

This needs to be taken with a grain of salt still.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Spider-Woman would be a big no! Also, why do I keep hearing people wanting Mike Haggar in this?! I honestly don't know what's so good about him! It's sorta like people wanting Poison in SSFIVAE! I'm still waiting on Strider and Sentinel . . .

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yup! Also, censoring words like s#!+, @$$ and b!+c# is also my thing!
You know there's a swear filter built into the forum software already, you really don't have to do that. In fact, what you're doing could be misconstrued as censor dodging.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm surprised no one said anything about C.Viper. As much as I think that'd be neat, I'm not sure if she's "worthy". At the same time, she's a very flexible character storyline wise considering she's a CIA agent.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I already said my piece on Viper when we saw the supposed silhouette of her in a promotional image a few months ago.

cutter

Smash Champion
I'm hoping C.Viper (if she's in) has her Seismic Hammer become Captain Corridor 2.0. I need my broken AAAs :reverse:.

Edit - I hope there is no curve ball when this game hits stores and find out the speed is toned way down!
The speed will be just fine.

I'm more concerned about the "pixel rage". Now THAT is just utter bull****.

cutter

Smash Champion
Win.

What's this "pixel rage" ya'll are talking about?

Smooth Criminal
From a few of my previous posts in the thread:

Basically when you do a super and you're about to kill someone with it, the game likes to leave your opponent with a pixel of health left if you would just barely manage to kill him.

A perfect example is in this vid at 1:15. (Sorry it's a Gamespot vid so no magic YouTube timing put into the URL) Tron is literally at the brink of death and then Wesker activates his super. You would think that Wesker would easily be able to chip out Tron and kill her, but NOPE! She lives.

There are actually a lot more examples of "pixel rage" in the recent Gamespot vids showing gameplay of characters up to Spidey/Tron/X-23/Wesker. It's pretty gay.
And:

Oh yeah, more pixel rage:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/...eplay-movie-supers-galore?tag=videos;title;11 <-- 1:04

Now I'm just going to flat say that is TOTAL BULL****. Tron should have died from the last hit of X-23's super but she somehow magically takes no damage? What. the. ****.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9zqIPvK99c#t=00m36s

Dante should have died from MODOK's Super Schwartzalle on crack, but he again hangs on by a single pixel.

Seriously though, pixel rage is making me rage every time I see it. I can't see how this wouldn't be intentionally put into the game by Capcom.

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone ever seen any videos that show how strong characters may get with x-factor? It seems like characters with superstrong supers (like Thor's) when under xfactor might be able to kill assist characters in one go, because assist characters also seem to take extra damage and are rather easy to combo.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
How is one of the most well recieved, unique, and popular SF IV characters not worthy?
Don't get me wrong, I would love for Viper to be in, but you're going to hear that she isn't as "worthy" as a SF character compared to someone like Cammy (who we more or less have with X-23) or Zangief who have been around a long time. Gameplay wise, I think she'd be a perfect fit.

Then again, we had the same stuff with Brawl. As long as they do the characters justice (unlike Brawl), then it's all good with me.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Im starting to think Strider is a no go.
Why?

Remember after X-23 got announced and half the posts on the internet were "**** you Capcom giving us this ***** and no Magneto." One month later, Magneto is revealed. Just wait.

Strider Hiryu is pretty much the only character on the Capcom side that would legitimately disappoint me if he's not in.

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
The only thing there's less of is lazy copy-pasting and cloned characters. Shave off gameplay clones War Machine, Bone-Claw, to a lesser extent Servbot and Charlie and all the shotos and that's like nine-ten people off of the roster right there. Compared to the rumored 42 in MvC3, that's like 46 characters in MvC2, 10 of which are considered actually usable.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
^ Nash was in the Vs. series before Guile was, so he's technically a clone of his clone this time around.

wat.

Both are useable, but I see Nash more.

cutter

Smash Champion
The only reason MvC2 had 56 total characters though was because it was one big copypasta bonanza. Capcom had a TON of old fighting games to rip sprites from, touch them up animation-wise and graphics-wise to modernize it for 2000, and they were good to go.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
What they did with MvC 2 was genius. Instead of leaving out many characters from past Marvel and MvC games and have a small contained cast that differed from XvSF, MSHvSF, and MvC 1, they took literally every non-boss character that appeared in a Vs title for both sides, then all the X-men COTA characters, AND new characters. Pretty much aim to satisfy everyone and stop getting all those "WHY WASN'T [X] IN!!!" letters.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
It doesn't matter.
We're not playing character philosophy.
Regardless of how many copies there are/were and the fact that the tiers were heavily parted has nothing to do with it.
Every aspect of a game doesn't have to be competitive related. I wouldn't care if there were three clones of one character as long as I saw the people I wanted to.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I hate felicia. Shes always takin spots from good vampire reps (well at least this time). Just sayin.

And now that there are no more vampire chars i guess i can add morrigan on my team. She was pretty fun in vs and she looks fun in mvc3. Felicias gay tho. I always hated her, and a lot of people agree with me surprisingly.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I wanted at least Hsien Ko, BB Hood, or Jedah. Capcom gave us none of them.
Oh well, here's hoping for them to be put in DLC or something.

I don't hate Felicia, but I never really used her. I might give her a shot in 3 if she clicks.

Top Bottom