• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCI Whenever-ies: Thursday 4/03 @ 6 p.m.

Dodger

Smash Ace
I'm going. But beleive me, it wasn't an easy choice picking this one over UCLA. I just wanna see what smashers come out of the woodwork (if any) for this tournament. The rules are pretty good too, except for some of the level selection and single elim. Why do I get the feeling I'm going to play manacloud first round?

Anyways, I hope to see a nice turnout tomorrow.

Also, Azeem, Byron, Brian: Are you guys going to this, or you going to UCLA?

Dodger

Smash Ace
Would anyone be interested in a smashfest this friday? I'm thinking we could have it at VDCN in mybuilding's common room. If there's a lot of interest we might need a different venue cuz I don't really want to get in trouble, but if it's less than 10 people that should be fine.

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
my last name is funes, not fuentes lol. and yeah i pretty much got worked that last match. backthrow to forward smash is too good in dittos if you DI wrong off the edge : /

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Brian Fuentes= What Is Fear?

Manacloud still plays this game?

Can't tell who's who because that quality is horrendous, but I'm guessing Brian = red Falco?

edit: nm.

wow these boards are slow.

cwistofu

Smash Rookie
I'm a freshman dorming in Mesa Court, and I'm kinda looking for people to play.

If anyone's interested, my AIM is cwistofu. I don't know the layout of all the apartments or where the shuttles go, but I can figure it all out if need be.

Dodger

Smash Ace
Ok cool, consider this "on". It would be a huge help if someone could bring a TV. Right now I only have one, I may be able to get a second, but I make no guarantees.

LOCATION/TIME:
Vista Del Campo Norte Building 290. Ground floor. You will be able to see the room we're in from the brick path in the center of the complex. If you're coming from the parking lot, the room is on the opposite side of the building.

Time: 5:00 p.m for now, if that's too late I might be able to push it back a little.

Hope to see you there!

SandStorm7

Smash Cadet
I could do it if I don't leave before then. Probably will be able to. I think I could also bring a friend or two along if that is ok.

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
aside from not having much of a smash scene its pretty fun. (although we might actually do something this friday for the first time zomg)

just got a job at the campus starbucks so maybe ill have some cash for more tournies and stuff.

and if your peach is really better than your marth....what happened to your marth :x

Dodger

Smash Ace
Wow, lots of people are coming it sounds like. I'll try my best to get another TV but if you can provide one, that will go a long way to make sure all of us have fun! (Cubes as well.)

If any one has trouble finding the place my number is (626) 388-8801. See you there!

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
Okie doke I am hoping I can find the exact location pretty easy =/ I have no clue where I should park since the UCI center has all those NO PARKING signs

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
this was actually pretty fun. perhaps next quarter this could be more of a regular thing. if it gets bigger we are going to have to get a hold of more tv's though.

but gg's everyone :]

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Host a tournament UCI. Maybe you'll regain standing after last year's UC crew battles.

Or just get ***** again.

<3

DAHKTERem

Smash Ace
Host a tournament UCI. Maybe you'll regain standing after last year's UC crew battles.

Or just get ***** again.

<3
Yea, considering UCI didn't have Azeem, or Jon, or Byron, and the fact that i decided to graduate on time.

And didn't Luigi get 4 stocked or something?

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
Whatisfear your playing was pretty impressive, I think I did fairly ok last night, and hopefully I will transfer in another year to UCI so I can maybe be apart of crew battles =P

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
yeah butcher, your luigi is pretty decent. dont really play too many luigi's ( but then again i hardly play anyone at all haha ) floaties are fun to fight with ganon =]

Dodger

Smash Ace
I'm sorry, I think that was Roger LOL
-_- Oh yeah, pick on the low tier player. He's not an easy target or anything. LOL (was I four stocked? I honestly don't remember)

Thanks to everybody who came. I had blast, and hope you guys did too. We should definitely try to make this a regular thing. though it may be difficult to do it during the quarter because some people use that room to study. But if we stick to fridays and saturdays it should be alright.

Oh yeah, sorry for the lack of TVs. Fear, I've yet to see a TV that was too small for smash, bring yours next time! ;-)

Dodger

Smash Ace
I'm down, if you guys are up for it. I called Brian though and he won't be able to make it, and he's the only one who's got other numbers. (I meant to ask for them last week but it slipped my mind). I was busy earlier today so I couldn't post then, and I just figured if I posted now it would be too late. Call me at (626) 388-8801 if you want so smash though. I'm free right now.

Top Bottom