• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCI Whenever-ies: Thursday 4/03 @ 6 p.m.

Dodger

Smash Ace
All right, I know we've got some good players in and around UCI, but until now, there hasn't been a consistent place for us to go and play. So I'm gonna try and get something going here.

<Out of Date Info Removed>

List of UCI smashers:

<Name> <location> <Screen Name>

Roger - VDCN; Dodger724 (AIM)
Azeem - Dartmoth Court; Stuperduperman69 (AIM)
Byron - Columbia Court; HFBlade29 (AIM)
Wilbur - Berkeley; invertigo X 827 (AIM)
Mike Y - Fullerton; DHAKTEREM (AIM)
DCmoney-
Stephen- zer0nimfus (AIM)
Alexonaim-
Lance -

LOCATION/TIME:
Vista Del Campo Norte Building 290. Ground floor. You will be able to see the room we're in from the brick path in the center of the complex. If you're coming from the parking lot, the room is on the opposite side of the building.

Time: 5:00 p.m for now, if that's too late I might be able to push it back a little.

Hope to see you there!

Dodger

Smash Ace
DATE/TIME

Saturday, November 4th, 12:00 pm.

Please post if this works or not. I'm trying to accomodate as many people as possible :-)

Dodger

Smash Ace
It's mostly just for fun, but there may be a tournament if there are no rules on the premises against it :-).

Justpha

Smash Journeyman
Uh oh... the revenge of the Anteaters ... part II.

I thought UCI would get a hint to stop trying since last time :-D!
Muwhahahahahaha!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Nooooo I want UCI to come again. We love each other and had good times even though they lost. :)

Aeroplane

Smash Apprentice
Oh, come on UCSD, it's not like we did NOT just get manacloud this year! You're secret weapon won't save you!

(Plus I'll be in it too... I think I might be able to get a stock or two, so WATCH OUT)

Dodger

Smash Ace
Manacloud freaking flys all over the country to play this game. I think he can manage the drive up to UCLA to beat your sorry butts ;-).

Dodger

Smash Ace
(Apologies for the double post)

Ok, it looks like everyone likes the current date and time, so I guess it's official now.
Some things to remember:
1. No shuttles on weekends. If you were planning to take the shuttle you'll have to find another way.

2. Bring Your Own Controller.

3. If you plan to bring a TV, you can park at one of the shopping centers on campus and I will pick you up from there. Please don't asked to be picked up if your not bringing a TV. It's not an extremely long walk from say, theAlbertsons, but it would be very hard to carry a TV that far.

4. If you don't want to hassle with parking at shopping centers, you can park in the VDCN lot, but I warn you, enforcement has been fairly strict so far. I'm not sure as to their policy on weekends, but better safe than sorry.) You park there at your own risk.

See you guys on the fourth!

yes!

Smash Apprentice
bring lot of newbies so i have a chance @ 3rd place or something... :^P mike y. come back to uci! o yeah, i think i can bring my TV and cube!

Dodger

Smash Ace
Yes, actually, that's a good idea. There's a smaller (and closer) lot right at the corner of Arroyo and California as well. So people with Fall06 permits should be able to park all right. Thanks for reminding me :-).

Dodger

Smash Ace
Uh Stephen, I didn't understand a WORD of that.

I'd highly recommend parking at the California lot, as the walk from the ARC is pretty long.

yes!

Smash Apprentice
actually, i think the walk from the ARC and the California parking lot is just about the same. from the ARC, you cut straight through all of those frat houses.

Dodger

Smash Ace
Pha, you know I love all you SD guys, but the goal here isn't JUST to play smash, it's to try and enlarge the community of smashers at UCI. As it stands, we've a pretty small group and we don't get together regularly. Hopefully, this event will go to improving that.

We'll see eachother at the UC crewbattle, and, I will definitely try to make it down for Caotic's last triweekly, but for now, I'm gonna stay in Irvine for the coming weekend ;-).

Kamok

Smash Rookie
New to the site and the area. What is this location(Private residence, business, college campus)?

I live in Oxford Court at the moment (Moved from Wa state not too long ago) and could probably bring a TV and a cube if it is needed.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Err, this may very well be my last one, I don't have too many weekends left I need to keep them for travelling.

Dodger

Smash Ace
New to the site and the area. What is this location(Private residence, business, college campus)?

I live in Oxford Court at the moment (Moved from Wa state not too long ago) and could probably bring a TV and a cube if it is needed.
The locaion is basically an apartment complex run by the university. The room we will be in is on the ground floor, in building 290. It's hard to describe where to go exactly if you've never been to VDC before, but I'll try. You should be looking for a wide brick path. As you move south a long the path, (towards the arc) building 290 will be on your left. (Unless of course, you see buildings with numbers > 290. In thatcase you should turn around, and the building will be on your right) You'll want to turn towards building 290, and the room should be on your right. In other words, do not walk straight through to the parking lot. that's going to far. Hope that helps :-).

Err, this may very well be my last one, I don't have too many weekends left I need to keep them for travelling.
D'oh. At least I'll see you on the 11th though.

Dodger

Smash Ace
Apologies for the double post again, but I just want to make sure people see this:

Scratch that "walk toward the ARC" remark. That will just confuse you. Find the brick path. Just walk up and down it looking for 290. The buildings are in numerical order, it shouldn't be that hard. All odd numbered buildings are on one side, and even on the other. Which side obviously depends on what direction you're going in. :-)

Kamok

Smash Rookie
Hmm will I be the old creepy guy at 25, honestly?

I came to these boards when they first started advertising back at a Washington State IVGA tournament but haven't really been back since. It looks like things have gotten off the ground.

Dodger

Smash Ace
If any one is planning to come tomorrow, and hasn't posted in this thread, it would help me out if you could post. Thanks!

Dodger

Smash Ace
I did! :-P

Seriously though, it wasn't a huge tunrout but it was fun. Two guys from oxford court came, plus Byron and some other friends of mine.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
How many people came / talent level / TVs avail. The better run it is, the farther people will come from.

StuperDuperMan

Smash Journeyman
Me Roger and Byron played smash at my place yesterday. We need to start practicing up for the tournament. Feel free to hit me up to make time for some practice.

yes!

Smash Apprentice
hey azeem,
it's jimmy, mike yoon's one falcon friend. i think i'll take you up on that offer sometime. i'd like to get better! :^D

DAHKTERem

Smash Ace
hey azeem,
it's jimmy, mike yoon's one falcon friend. i think i'll take you up on that offer sometime. i'd like to get better! :^D
OMGOSH!!!!!! YOU'RE JIMMY?!?! Thanks alot for telling me :(

We gotta play again man!!!!!

And to STUPPER DUPPER MAN: Who's on UCI's team anyways?

DI kids!!!!

Top Bottom