• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Melee in Orlando

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Randoms aren't always bad. One of my good friends came out of the randoms.

I want to come play a little melee. I thought it was at 5 garb?

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
I dare anyone to MM Garb and Fear (aka Team Beastz) at Project M.

Ryan's pika is getting d@mn good too. So fun, we should play again today.

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
Player: AceDudeyeah
Availability: In the afternoon whenever I don't have class, might not be present on weekends tho, try me!
(text please)

I play Marth and impersonate the characters spontaneously while playing!
I'm down for an hour or 2 of melee every other day or so.
I want someone to play as a college-warming session this sunday or so! hahaha

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
I'm down to play whenever you feel like on campus, I work in the chemistry labs but I'd be happy to play after school or at lunch.

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
Yeah, it's more of a UCF area thread.

So after my last trip to orlando a few days ago I've realized that everyone's quitting brawl\melee for project m.

Pi

Smash Hero
Ooo add me
I'm not really near UCF...maybe 30/40mins away but...
497 Sun Lake Circle #215
Lake Mary Fl. 32746
407-462-2531

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I don't think any of the original melee players would ever quit melee for project m.

I know I wouldn't.

LozanoGarbanzo

Smash Ace
Orlando(UCF), FL [br] Click my sig, you won't.
I wouldn't quit either, but try to convince garb \ raz of that lol

and im too lazy to update OP. someone else do it on my account

I don't think any of the original melee players would ever quit melee for project m.

I know I wouldn't.
You know, nothing is stopping you from playing both <_<

This one or the other mentality is stupid.
qft

fear just give me control of this thread cuz you suck at keeping it updated.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Actually if they made Project M the exact same thing as melee, I probably wouldn't mind switching to it.
Well they can do some proper balancing too... Emphasis on proper.
But I mean literally just melee with more characters.
I think I'm moreof just worried at this point of running out of properly functioning melee discs. How long will ours continue to work? 5 more years? 10 more years? What about after that?

Because at this point I don't know if I'll ever stop playing melee. Which is kinda crazy to think I could be doing this for the rest of my life.

And then Nintendo and Sakurai seem to be shunning what they accomplished with melee; I'm not convinced it will ever be re-released like 64 was for the Wii. And if they do rerelease it, they may make changes to it like removing WDing or Lcanceling. I'm not counting on anything.

I mean it's a blast for now, and I'm going to keep enjoying it and not worry too much about the future. When PM gets better developed, I'll give that a shot too. It'd be nice to actually use my Brawl disc.

Proteus

Smash Apprentice
Balancing is tricky, and when it's done by the community instead of a developer there's a good chance a lot of people won't be happy with any changes. But I'm glad they'll be trying.

Also glad this thread is active for once. Anyone down to play this weekend? Trying to get back into smash a little bit.

MintChip

Smash Cadet
Player: Mintchip
Availability: Friday, Saturday, Sunday. only for bigger stuff, I'll have a car in the next month and will make it with my crew to all tourneys and smashfests

Rekrul

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, first post and I just moved into UCF and I'm looking for players to play (melee)

Player: Rekrul
Place: Towers IV on campus dorms
AIM: Serenade2345
Cell: 352-502-2515 call or text is fine, but text would be better.

Hit me up on aim, I should be good on weekends and some weekdays.

LozanoGarbanzo

Smash Ace
Orlando(UCF), FL [br] Click my sig, you won't.
This goes to all new players, not just ^. Obviously I haven't played you yet so I don't know how good you are.

Usually when people, who are new to smashboards, play us (experienced players) they never come back to play us ever again cuz they lost. You just have to keep at it and try to get better. I know I was utter garbage when I first came into the scene. I lost to everyone I played, but I kept at it and kept playing and got better and now I'm decent :)

Basically don't quit, keep playing you'll get better and it will be fun. Again this go to all new players.

Rekrul

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I've been watching the tournament scene for a year or two but I never went to any tournaments so I don't really have experience playing skilled people. Because of that, most my playing was just practicing "tech sill" at home but I have no idea if I'm good or not either.

I sent some texts to people, but I'm free today for the most pat until 4 or so. My contact information is above.

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
Excellent point Garb. And decent is an understatement, you can beast it up with every character on the roster =)

Rekrul: I'll be on campus at noon. Feel like playing for an hour or so? I'll text you when I get there.

Rekrul

Smash Cadet
Excellent point Garb. And decent is an understatement, you can beast it up with every character on the roster =)

Rekrul: I'll be on campus at noon. Feel like playing for an hour or so? I'll text you when I get there.
Yeah sure, Proteus is coming over soon and I don't mind having it at my place. I included my number on top and it should be fun.

keldon888

Smash Rookie
Heya folks, after playing among my friends I've decided to branch out in smash and really try to get good. Or at least good-ish.

Player: Davo
Place: The Edge apartments.
Availability: Weekends and Friday, weeknights.

I'd love to play most anyone, so feel free to call or text.

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
Proteus and Rekrul, nice to meet you guys. We should play again sometime soon.

Heya folks, after playing among my friends I've decided to branch out in smash and really try to get good. Or at least good-ish.

Player: Davo
Place: The Edge apartments.
Availability: Weekends and Friday, weeknights.

I'd love to play most anyone, so feel free to call or text.
I live in the Arbor Apartments right next to you =)

Edit: Fear (or Garb), update the first post pretty please?

Double edit: I want some guava pastries :(

keldon888

Smash Rookie
I was wondering, I remember vaguely of there being a smash night every Wednesday(I think) at gigabits just off campus.

Since that place is gone, is there any other place that does some weekly smash? Or do we just call some random people and set up a little time for smashin?

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
I don't think there are consistently scheduled smashfests anywhere around here. We just get bored and go on smash binges.

Usually I just text garb to see if anything is going down and he hooks me up with fest info, but this thread is starting to look promising as well :)

Rekrul

Smash Cadet
I'd like to go to some weekend weekly or biweekly smash fest as well. I don't mind having like 3-4 people at my dorm room, maybe even 5 every weekend. I'll let you guys know on the weekends I can if you're interested.

Edit: My room is kind of small though.

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
ppl come over my apartment i have no roomates its all to myself at peg landing

we playin melee dubs right now BRING SETUPS BRING BRWL + MELEE

also if u bring blazblue ill give you 3 dollars

Top Bottom