• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

Serpent

Smash Apprentice
Hey all, I'm coming to UCF as a Freshman this Fall. Can anyone fill me in on the Smash community there? Where I live I'm used to weekly fests and tournaments with competitive Melee and Brawl. If I get the same or better at UCF, I'll be pleased. From what I gather, Smash communities on a campus are usually more active because of how geographically close everyone is. Do you just play in dorm rooms, or what? And how often? I just want to be able to play with good people in my free time. I know there are big tourneys in Orlando, but I'm more curious about the campus community.

So just someone break it down I suppose, I'd appreciate it. :)

Gindler

Smash Champion
Usually the smashfests are just random gatherings, but for the ones that are a weekly thing seem to take place in the student Union, although I'm not sure if the student union thing is going on anymore on thursdays but I really hope it does.

The best tournaments IMHO are probably the gigs tournaments that go on what is rumored to be once a month

With all this said keep in mind I'm not the most knowledgeable smasher in the community as I just started when brawl came out.

N

Nephilim49

Hey I am new to the Smash boards scene and I wanted to drop a post here since I am in the area. I go to UCF and play Smash once or twice weekly with some friends but we are looking for more peeps to make it more diverse, make sure we don't get stale fighting just three or four other people.

I know the anime/gaming club was doing Smash in the SU on Wednesdays(I think?). Are you guys still doing that? I live right off-campus on Mcculloch, message me if you're in the area and want to get together to play.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
for all the ucf wanderers just wanted to let u know that u are in the best spot in FL to play smash brawl, this is the hometown of TNT son, ORLANDO, truuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Hit me up if you organize something on campus

gulliver

Smash Rookie
UCF brawls

Hi, I just recently joined smash boards hoping to become more active in the smash community around UCF. I have classes at UCF everyday and was hoping we could get something together so I could meet everyone and brawl. I have a few friends who also play and are also intrested in playing as well. If anyone needs help organizing anything hit me up with a pm and I would be more than happy to help.

Kei-Kei

Smash Cadet
Hey I am new to the Smash boards scene and I wanted to drop a post here since I am in the area. I go to UCF and play Smash once or twice weekly with some friends but we are looking for more peeps to make it more diverse, make sure we don't get stale fighting just three or four other people.

I know the anime/gaming club was doing Smash in the SU on Wednesdays(I think?). Are you guys still doing that? I live right off-campus on Mcculloch, message me if you're in the area and want to get together to play.

woop woop! lots of people to play around the UCF area =]

as for the club thing.. Last I heard something was up and they might not be able to hold their usual game day on i think it was thursday.. Im not sure but I just remember reading somewhere that this happened. I know that If we plan to use one of the rooms in the SU, you need to have it reserved, and the reservations needed to be in by a certain time. But I don't know if the gamer/anime club did this or not =x =x If not.. there's always peoples houses to go smash it up =]

Gindler

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, summer brings more smashers to UCF, that's awesome, hopefully some really good ones will show up :p

Hmmm, well I'm heading over to the campus tomorrow. Guess I could check if I can reserve the usual room, 223 I think. Since it has like 2 TVs in it I think, if that's enough of course. Hopefully 2 days notice is enough, I mean it's not like that room of all rooms is the most popular in the whole SU. But I'll be sure to let you guys know on this forum.

LozanoGarbanzo

Smash Ace
Orlando(UCF), FL [br] Click my sig, you won't.
Oh yeah, summer brings more smashers to UCF, that's awesome, hopefully some really good ones will show up :p

Hmmm, well I'm heading over to the campus tomorrow. Guess I could check if I can reserve the usual room, 223 I think. Since it has like 2 TVs in it I think, if that's enough of course. Hopefully 2 days notice is enough, I mean it's not like that room of all rooms is the most popular in the whole SU. But I'll be sure to let you guys know on this forum.
If that doesn't work I could try to reserver a game room at our apartment complex. It only has 1 tv but its a big screen. The apartment complex is like right across of ucf, like a minute away, if even that far. Pegasus Landing, is the name of the complex. Let me know if you guys are willing to come, if I do get it setup.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
if anyone is up for some games anytime soon, let me know =] i want to get as much practice i can get before sat. ~
Hey all, I'm coming to UCF as a Freshman this Fall. Can anyone fill me in on the Smash community there? Where I live I'm used to weekly fests and tournaments with competitive Melee and Brawl. If I get the same or better at UCF, I'll be pleased. From what I gather, Smash communities on a campus are usually more active because of how geographically close everyone is. Do you just play in dorm rooms, or what? And how often? I just want to be able to play with good people in my free time. I know there are big tourneys in Orlando, but I'm more curious about the campus community.

So just someone break it down I suppose, I'd appreciate it. :)

for all the ucf wanderers just wanted to let u know that u are in the best spot in FL to play smash brawl, this is the hometown of TNT son, ORLANDO, truuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Hit me up if you organize something on campus
Hi, I just recently joined smash boards hoping to become more active in the smash community around UCF. I have classes at UCF everyday and was hoping we could get something together so I could meet everyone and brawl. I have a few friends who also play and are also intrested in playing as well. If anyone needs help organizing anything hit me up with a pm and I would be more than happy to help.
I'm gonna be throwing a brawlee (melee+brawl) fest at my house tommorow, I have 3 tv's and 1 wii. max capacity is 15 ppl so sign up today to play all day.

wednesday the 13th 12pm-whenever.

click link for more info
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=4413595#post4413595

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i was seeing if you were paying attention.
he's starting to mindgame even outside of brawl

next thing you know, he's gonna move across the street from his current house and not tell anybody

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I am here for the week before gigs, staying at ambers place.

I am open to play with anyone in person all week.

OR ON WIFI HOOK IT UP!!!!

Kei-Kei

Smash Cadet
Short notice but, if anyone wants to come play some tonight, around 8-9ish, just pm / call me.. 2 tvs, 1 wii. bring a wii if anyone can. Lozano, i want you to come specifically to practice out team if you can xO ! just call meh. Its the last days before gigs, get some practice in!~

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
We should, me and Bleak were talking about it, we're tired of beating each other down...should we try Thursdays again? I think I can go any day of the week, so whatever works for the rest.

Gindler

Smash Champion
So that was you I just saw on youtube :laugh:
Thursday seems good, and I'm sure everyone will want to get some practice for the upcoming gigz tournament. Or if yall are smashing somewhere else atm I'm always up for some smashing.

manhunter098

Smash Lord
Guess Im new here, but anyways, I can attend any smash stuff as long as its on campus pretty much any day of the week. You can count me in as long as its not during class hours and as long as I know about it.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
I contacted the head of the gaming club at UCF to see what the possibilities are in reserving a room for us. He said from his experience, the waiting list for rooms is pretty big, but it's not difficult at all to queue one up. I'm going to post something in the gaming club's forum to see who in the club is interested in setting us up. I'm also going to find out if it must be students only, or anybody.

If that doens't fly, maybe one of you guys could talk to your apartment clubhouse? I've heard of a few tourneys being hosted that way, so maybe they would allow weekly/biweekly use...

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I contacted the head of the gaming club at UCF to see what the possibilities are in reserving a room for us. He said from his experience, the waiting list for rooms is pretty big, but it's not difficult at all to queue one up. I'm going to post something in the gaming club's forum to see who in the club is interested in setting us up. I'm also going to find out if it must be students only, or anybody.

If that doens't fly, maybe one of you guys could talk to your apartment clubhouse? I've heard of a few tourneys being hosted that way, so maybe they would allow weekly/biweekly use...
you there, along with tony and others who see this

come to my tourney in orlando this saturday. doubles, singles, even guilty gear

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=178086

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Sup GDX. *looks at sig* you play Lucario now?

If I can scrounge up the dough, I'll be there!
hmm? Lucario was my first main when i played the ***. version. I dont use him anymore in tourneys, but im still decent with him.

so, i can put you on my attendance list then for my tourney? =D

Edit: wtf, i cant say j ap? thats just weird

F

FliPZ

i go to UCF now also....and ive been lookin for sumwhere to play. even went to gigabits where dey told me i missed sum tourney, well if ne1 wants to play friendlies jus PM, no online tho..XD

manhunter098

Smash Lord
Im trying to organize some unofficial way for people living on campus at UCF to get together and play Brawl and Melee, heck maybe even some 64 if someone actually has the game and system. Right now its just a Facebook Group, so if you have a Facebook, feel free to join.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=16430769718

Either way I am always (well except for from 12 PM to 3 PM mon-thurs) ready for some Brawl or Melee matches as long as I dont have to walk too far to get there. I live in the Hercules community building 109 room 202 if anyone cares for a match.

Just PM me if you want a match.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
Im trying to organize some unofficial way for people living on campus at UCF to get together and play Brawl and Melee, heck maybe even some 64 if someone actually has the game and system. Right now its just a Facebook Group, so if you have a Facebook, feel free to join.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=16430769718

Either way I am always (well except for from 12 PM to 3 PM mon-thurs) ready for some Brawl or Melee matches as long as I dont have to walk too far to get there. I live in the Hercules community building 109 room 202 if anyone cares for a match.

Just PM me if you want a match.
Well if you know anyone in the gaming club, let em know we want to start something.

I'm on campus usually mon and wed for a class at 2. Maybe I'll hit you up tomorrow after class for some matches.

manhunter098

Smash Lord
So yeah, its a double post I know, but its worthy.

Basically since its 4th of July weekend well, starting about 10 minutes ago. But yeah. Pretty much everyone I know at UCF has a car and is visiting home this weekend, except me (since I dont have a car) so Im going to be bored as hell and thats totally uncool.

So yeah, PM me if you want to hang out and play some Smash any time this weekend (probably in the afternoon since Ill be asleep until then), and as long as I dont have to travel over a mile (since I dont have a car) Im in. Im living in the Hercules community here, so if anyone is in Nike or Hercules that makes things real easy.

Top Bottom