• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twilight of Smash 2! Nov. 4; Ottawa, ON, Canada

Fogel

Smash Lord
whoa whoa whoa, don't make the pools just yet! some people still aren't sure in mtl. =/ (nox, apoc, etc.). Plus I'm making advertising on gamefaqs, and some dude answered. Also, someone should post the info on a wall at Ottawa U arcade.

EDIT: I like the 5 minute rule. very mlg like. I would like you to enforce the rule, no matter who it is. I remember at OC2 when they called out captain jack for like 15 minutes. If it was a random smasher, that wouldn't have happened. =/
Just because I'd be making the pools this weekend doesn't mean that others can't register later. People who register after I've made the pools would just be added to a pool manually at ToS2.

5 minute rule: I'll need help enforcing it in pools. I haven't decided if I'm going to play in singles yet personally, but if I do, I'm going to have to assign a captain to each of the other pools to handle results/enforcing rules since I wouldn't be able to take care of each pool myself.

EDIT: Fogel, I have to tell you again not to rely on my TV's. It's a lot of effort bringing a fricken TV to the tourney, and if I don't get extra people to help me carry stuff, I can't do ****. Jarc's going to Ottawa on Friday with no exceptions, so that reduces my chance of bringing 2.

I'm not saying it's a given to slash one of mine, but it's a big possibility =/
I'll keep them in the list for now. Don't forget, I've offered to pick you up from the bus station Saturday morning... :p

Damax

Smash Lord
Just because I'd be making the pools this weekend doesn't mean that others can't register later. People who register after I've made the pools would just be added to a pool manually at ToS2.

5 minute rule: I'll need help enforcing it in pools. I haven't decided if I'm going to play in singles yet personally, but if I do, I'm going to have to assign a captain to each of the other pools to handle results/enforcing rules since I wouldn't be able to take care of each pool myself.

I'll keep them in the list for now. Don't forget, I've offered to pick you up from the bus station Saturday morning... :p

Since they're will be at least one good player in each of the pools it won't much of a hassle to find someone to back up your pool for each pool

Fogel

Smash Lord
Since they're will be at least one good player in each of the pools it won't much of a hassle to find someone to back up your pool for each pool
It's not really skill level I'm worried about, it's having someone in each pool that knows how pools work and can fill out the results correctly.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Twilight of Smash 2 - Preliminary event schedule

12:00 - 12:45 Setup/Friendlies/Doubles and Singles registration
12:45 - 4:15 Doubles
4:15 - 4:30 Break/Friendlies/Last-minute Singles registration
4:30 - 7:00 Singles Pools
7:00 - 7:45 Break/Friendlies/Supper
7:45 - 9:00 Singles Top 8 Tournament

If anyone actually cares about how I came up with these time estimates, let me know.

Pools aren't done yet, but I was wondering: do people actually want to see them ahead of time (ie: I post them here), or would you rather be surprised about who you'll have to play against?

Dice

Smash Lord
post pools please :)

Also if I can request myself and Navo not be in the same pool since like he's my brother and stuff

Fogel

Smash Lord
NOTE: You can still register for singles even though pools have been made, so if you haven't registered yet don't freak out! New singles participants will be added to a pool at ToS2.

Twilight of Smash 2 - Singles Pools

POOL 1

Rimi
GanonPWN!
Vwins
H4
Navo
Krilj
ehjay111
Paty
ThatGuy

POOL 2

Locke)
vexed69
Pow
TestRider
Lanowen
GAmer1991
Alan
Jarc
Reaver

POOL 3

Dice
Shuriken
Jih
pkmvodka
Pest
-ZERO-
Nelson
pikalex

POOL 4

Fogel
tect
Bam
Chesterr01
Hero
bety
the_problem
Phen

edit: Just a note, these pools are not final. New people may be added if more people register, and if a lot of people from one pool are missing, I may shift people around. However, they shouldn't be changing too much.

Jih

Smash Journeyman
IM WITH PKM WOOT :bigthumbu

edit : me and vwins was wondering if the brackets are gona be best out of 5. thx in advance for the awnser fogel.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Ok, some comments:

- You play against everyone else in your pool for one match. Matches for pools are best 2/3. There will be sheets of paper to record match results, just like FC6.

- There will only be one round of pools, we don't have the time to do two rounds.

- Since we only have time for a top 8 tourney, only the top 2 placers from each pool will advance. We can not go over the time we have for the room, since we don't have a room key this time. IF time permits, we MAY be able to do top 16 instead. Finish your doubles and pool matches as quickly as possible if you want to have enough time left to do top 16.

If you're wondering, a double-elim tournament with 16 people actually takes about 3 times longer than an 8 person tournament.

edit for Jih: I don't think we'll have time to do all the bracket matches best of 5. Winners and Losers finals will be best of 5, the rest will be best 2/3.

Locke)

Smash Ace
I think the doubles time is very overestimated. If we enforce the 5 minute rule it should flow very smoothly/quicker.

Jih

Smash Journeyman
yea i understand the 3/5 on brackets would be too long

but there must be AT LEAST 2 rounds of pool OR a 16 man brackets

go mitch and jason!!

btw i know its a bit too late to call it but ... do any1 is gona record with vcr ?? i would record everything else execpt finals

Dice

Smash Lord
im' bringing a VCR to record, but it might take me a while until all videos are up since I"m really busy with school

Jih

Smash Journeyman
alright nice job coach

maybe some1 can take the tappes and upload them for you?
either way nice job

Jarc

Smash Lord
TO THE CORNFIELD... BYAAAH!!!!!! (Montreal, Canada
I'm bringing mine. We should just plug 'em into a random TV and record all day long, making sure that some important matches are played on them. That way we can upload as many decent matches as possible. I can upload my vids likely by monday or tuesday.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think the doubles time is very overestimated. If we enforce the 5 minute rule it should flow very smoothly/quicker.
Way to redux my post. ¬_¬

and O_o at pools with the 8 man brackets? scary. I might not pass my pool. Actually a lot of people who regularly place high might not pass their pool. OH THE EXCITEMENT!

Dice

Smash Lord
I refuse to believe that some noob that plays Samus will "mess me up". 'Nuff said.
That "noob that plays samus" is my younger brother, and watching him go almost even with locke, rimi and myself makes me think differently than you :)

Top Bottom