• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Triforce Ganondorf Mod

MrMoon360

Smash Rookie
Thanks for taking the time testing. Currently I'm not sure what I want to do with the elbow F-Smash, I'm in between re-designing it or just buffing it. As for sword mode, I'm trying to keep the sword power low to balance out the range. If need be we can buff it a bit. I'm not so sure of a projectile right now, not going so well with the hack lol.

UPDATE: V2.1
[MediaFire Link]

Changes:
- Costumes, added OOT Ganondorf and Demise but Demise dont look so good, might want to switch it.
- Got rid of Triggers. It was too confusing to use.
- All three modes are only accessed by taunts.
- All Taunt speed increased.

(Power)
- New Up-B animation. Trying to make this usable with both fist and sword.
- Trajectory/knockback changed on U-Tilt.
- Speed up Jab combo

(Wisdom)
- Up-B is now just Teleport. It's the old 2 teleport that deals damage.
- Add Neutral-B. It's his up-taunt animation with magic balls.
- Up-Taunt animation is changed to Wait2.
- Trajectory/knockback chagned on N-Air.

(Courage)
- Add Sword B-Air
- Add Sword U-Air, but new animation. Hits straight up like link. Not as powerful but lots of range.
- Add Sword Dash-A, fixed up animation
- Jab combo is now fist,sword.
- U-Smash slowed down.
- Trajectory/knockback chagned on N-Air.
I do enjoy the options this version of Ganon presents, though I wonder if you considered keeping your Ganon iterations separate.

A Ganon with all styles combined and a Ganon with the three styles as options. I grew attached to having a piece of every style in one build. It also seemed more acceptable in a competitive match.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
MrMoon360 brings up a good point. To be brutally honest, I'd like to see a sword only Ganondorf, but that's just me.
My mod is fist and sword mode. The fist mode is normal ganons moveset completely, and sword mode is dedicated to a perfected sword move set. i actually need to post an update cause ive made some changes that i havent posted yet. look through the threads here and ull find my version :p

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
I'm gonna get to finishing some of those things now actually... but after that... I'm done with hacking... I've lost interest in it.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I think for the next update of this mod(if there is one), the current sword neutral B should become the side B, and the Warlock Punch with the sword from Smash 4 should become the new neutral B.

Also, with the Up-B, instead of continuous damage as you go up, it would be way cooler if you grabbed somebody like with the Side-B and slammed them into the ground on the way down.

Also, when you land after an Up-B, does the ground shake like with Wario's PM down smash?

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
I think for the next update of this mod(if there is one), the current sword neutral B should become the side B, and the Warlock Punch with the sword from Smash 4 should become the new neutral B.

Also, with the Up-B, instead of continuous damage as you go up, it would be way cooler if you grabbed somebody like with the Side-B and slammed them into the ground on the way down.

Also, when you land after an Up-B, does the ground shake like with Wario's PM down smash?
I like Up B as is personally, it's really good (Ashingda; please always keep this for Sword mode Up B at the very least. I really love this move lol) . But an added quake effect would be nice. Flame chock should never go away. And as is now the N- B isn't very good...

@ Ashingda Ashingda -

1- you should change the sword N -B to work more similar to the old way. No turn around needed, but jumping out of it and having shield damage back would be nice. Right now against a good player the move is extremely easy to punish. If You would be able to jump out of it to trick the opponent or for some extra run speed it would have a use and shield damage would force the foe to think if they want to shield or not. Right now, all a foe has to do is shield the attack and than punish.

Also;

2- Sword Up air isn't good... It's just awkward to use. I suggests bringing back the old sword Up air it was much better.

3- Sword Up smash is a bit too slow now, before it was a bit too fast now it's a little too slow. Small speed buff would be good.

4- as we discussed before you said you will be redesigning the Fsmash elbow. But whatever you do make sure in sword mode it doesn't capture, and have it be 2 separate hits (like Link's Fsmash). The capture hits are too "wonky" and unreliable, as a foe can DI out pretty easily.

*Which also applies to Dsmash, it should be 2 hits and not capture.

5- new grab is awesome now we just need it to also reach low and be vertical downwards so we can grab Mario after his running attack lol. Also if the grab could come out quicker would be good.

6- as I said before the KO power in sword mode is extremely lacking. Especially in the smash attacks. I know you want to balance the modes out between each other. But I think having each mode "stand on it's own 2 feet" would be the best design choice and than people will just "main" their favorite one. But either way the smashes ~need~ to be stronger.

Which brings me to my final (maybe) point; Magic mode is very lacking... It feels like fist mode but not as good.

My suggestion would be to implement magic mode moves into fist and sword mode respectfully. Like give the magic mode Bair to sword mode. And give the N-B to Fist mode. Or maybe bring back the old Wizard mode down B and give it to Fist mode N-B.

Or have the mixed mode again... That worked quite well and really made Ganondorf shine as a fully unique character.

But magic mode feels superfluous right now since Fist mode has a lot if elements from Magic and old Fist mode in it. So having just Sword with some magic and Fist with some magic would be the best I think. And as a bonus it would save some PSA room :)

Just some ideas...

Hope you'll have you PC situation back to normal soon. I really love this mod and (as you can see) very passionate about it.

And as always; thank you so much for this great mod.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I like Up B as is personally, it's really good (Ashingda; please always keep this for Sword mode Up B at the very least. I really love this move lol) . But an added quake effect would be nice. Flame chock should never go away. And as is now the N- B isn't very good...

@ Ashingda Ashingda -

1- you should change the sword N -B to work more similar to the old way. No turn around needed, but jumping out of it and having shield damage back would be nice. Right now against a good player the move is extremely easy to punish. If You would be able to jump out of it to trick the opponent or for some extra run speed it would have a use and shield damage would force the foe to think if they want to shield or not. Right now, all a foe has to do is shield the attack and than punish.

Also;

2- Sword Up air isn't good... It's just awkward to use. I suggests bringing back the old sword Up air it was much better.

3- Sword Up smash is a bit too slow now, before it was a bit too fast now it's a little too slow. Small speed buff would be good.

4- as we discussed before you said you will be redesigning the Fsmash elbow. But whatever you do make sure in sword mode it doesn't capture, and have it be 2 separate hits (like Link's Fsmash). The capture hits are too "wonky" and unreliable, as a foe can DI out pretty easily.

*Which also applies to Dsmash, it should be 2 hits and not capture.

5- new grab is awesome now we just need it to also reach low and be vertical downwards so we can grab Mario after his running attack lol. Also if the grab could come out quicker would be good.

6- as I said before the KO power in sword mode is extremely lacking. Especially in the smash attacks. I know you want to balance the modes out between each other. But I think having each mode "stand on it's own 2 feet" would be the best design choice and than people will just "main" their favorite one. But either way the smashes ~need~ to be stronger.

Which brings me to my final (maybe) point; Magic mode is very lacking... It feels like fist mode but not as good.

My suggestion would be to implement magic mode moves into fist and sword mode respectfully. Like give the magic mode Bair to sword mode. And give the N-B to Fist mode. Or maybe bring back the old Wizard mode down B and give it to Fist mode N-B.

Or have the mixed mode again... That worked quite well and really made Ganondorf shine as a fully unique character.

But magic mode feels superfluous right now since Fist mode has a lot if elements from Magic and old Fist mode in it. So having just Sword with some magic and Fist with some magic would be the best I think. And as a bonus it would save some PSA room :)

Just some ideas...

Hope you'll have you PC situation back to normal soon. I really love this mod and (as you can see) very passionate about it.

And as always; thank you so much for this great mod.
You seem like you know what the mod is like to be played, so I back up your suggestions for balancing the different modes.

I feel like magic mode should be more about capitalizing off the use of projectiles, somewhat like Mewtwo except less OP, and in the legacy of Ganondorf from OoT.
The Neutral B should throw magic balls like the ones in OoT, maybe use Zelda's Din's Fire balls with a brighter color/texture.
Maybe they can be reflected with attacks on them instead of being clanked, so they can function like Dead Man's Volley.

If they were able to be charged to a maximum limit, you could make his magic balls split apart and home in on people(to a point, like regular missiles).

I imagine they wouldn't be like average charge attacks, where the move itself becomes vastly superior with better damage and knockback.
This full charge Electric ball move could do a lot of damage, but it would not really have a lot of knockback..
If you charged his ball fully, his hands could crackle with electricity and have dark flames come off them.

For his smash attacks, all I can think of that could be changed is his F-smash, maybe make it more like his Warlock Punch by making his elbow engulfed in dark flames when he uses it.

Also make Magic mode allow Ganon the ability to hover!

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
You seem like you know what the mod is like to be played, so I back up your suggestions for balancing the different modes.

I feel like magic mode should be more about capitalizing off the use of projectiles, somewhat like Mewtwo except less OP, and in the legacy of Ganondorf from OoT.
The Neutral B should throw magic balls like the ones in OoT, maybe use Zelda's Din's Fire balls with a brighter color/texture.
Maybe they can be reflected with attacks on them instead of being clanked, so they can function like Dead Man's Volley.

If they were able to be charged to a maximum limit, you could make his magic balls split apart and home in on people(to a point, like regular missiles).

I imagine they wouldn't be like average charge attacks, where the move itself becomes vastly superior with better damage and knockback.
This full charge Electric ball move could do a lot of damage, but it would not really have a lot of knockback..
If you charged his ball fully, his hands could crackle with electricity and have dark flames come off them.

For his smash attacks, all I can think of that could be changed is his F-smash, maybe make it more like his Warlock Punch by making his elbow engulfed in dark flames when he uses it.

Also make Magic mode allow Ganon the ability to hover!
Thank you! I play with mod all the time against people close and/or at my level of play (which I think is above avarage, I know/use a lot of advance techs in my gameplay) so I judge the mod how good it is competitively and I try not to be biased as much as possible.
And I've been playing this mod from its first iteration (Sword mode) so I have a lot to base my suggestions on.

If you played Triforce Ganon v0.3, Magic mode was very distinguished and had a bunch of fake projectiles, although imo the Magic mode was a little too OP.

Unfortunately real projectiles that can be reflected and act like Mew2's, Samus', Lucario's etc. cannot be given to Ganon cause he does not have a projectile article himself. Ashingda tried to hack it into the mod but was unsuccessful so far.

Also I would like a more distinguished magic mode, but I don't think there is much room in the PSA files, so that's why I suggested having magic attacks replace some moves in Fist and Sword Mode. I don't know when the next version will come around or if the mod would have to be overhauled once PM ver 3.5 comes out. So if you didn't you should explore the earlier versions of this mod, there is a lot to see! Ashingda's work is amazing!

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
That's interesting, because I saw a Ganon sword mod a while ago that made his Warlock punch have a second attack that basically launched the fire from his fist at people.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
That's interesting, because I saw a Ganon sword mod a while ago that made his Warlock punch have a second attack that basically launched the fire from his fist at people.
Yes. That was for the "Sword mod". In the "Triforce mod" in Magic mode the fake projectile is different the videos are on this thread just go a bunch of pages back you will see it.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
If Ashingda can some how manage to update the mod in the future, there needs to be a metal texture friendly version of the psa because ganondorf's pac files have already exceeded to the maximum and cannot display metal textures and if you try to apply the metal textures to the sword and sheath it'll crash when you pick up a metal box. A way to get around this would be to have the sword appear in the psa (Like Bronze Greek God's sword ganon) and get rid of the sheath and sword models on ganondorf's model, but at the cost the ability for custom swords and sheaths when using the psa. (At least there'd be a psa for serious tournaments ala team colored sheaths and a fully functioning one for tournaments that have items turned on...)

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Hello all, I recently got a new PC and got all the software set up. I'm quite happy to be back, it was also a great break.

@ Cahalan Cahalan Sorry I've been inactive for a while while getting a new machine, metal texture is working now. I believe the main issue was the method I imported the models that was causing the crashes, I had to redo it from start. I usually do a merge and that may be the problem, I tried importing as child and it now has no problems. Also memory was another factor.

After playing around with the different versions, I'm going to take the mixed route. It's more flexible on the memory to work better with other mods and I find it to be more enjoyable both creation and playing.

@ _Ganondorf_ _Ganondorf_
1. Sword-Rush, I took all those options off this move for balance. Being punishable is part of the move direct from Twilight Princess. I'm bringing back the turn around because I got space now.

2. I did some hitbox adjustments on sword U-air, I know what you mean it was so hard to connect with it. The damage is increased also.

3. Sword:Up-Smash, yeah this is really slow. The start up speed is increased slightly, trying to find the happy medium.

4. Sword:F-Smash is going to be replaced by the old sword Neutral-B with heavy armor.

5. Grabs need more work, didn't know mario can slide under it. LOL

Will have an update soon.

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Hello all, I recently got a new PC and got all the software set up. I'm quite happy to be back, it was also a great break.

@ Cahalan Cahalan Sorry I've been inactive for a while while getting a new machine, metal texture is working now. I believe the main issue was the method I imported the models that was causing the crashes, I had to redo it from start. I usually do a merge and that may be the problem, I tried importing as child and it now has no problems. Also memory was another factor.

After playing around with the different versions, I'm going to take the mixed route. It's more flexible on the memory to work better with other mods and I find it to be more enjoyable both creation and playing.

1. Sword-Rush, I took all those options off this move for balance. Being punishable is part of the move direct from Twilight Princess. I'm bringing back the turn around because I got space now.

2. I did some hitbox adjustments on sword U-air, I know what you mean it was so hard to connect with it. The damage is increased also.

3. Sword:Up-Smash, yeah this is really slow. The start up speed is increased slightly, trying to find the happy medium.

4. Sword:F-Smash is going to be replaced by the old sword Neutral-B with heavy armor.

Will have an update soon. Going to have a Smash3 version and a Regular version.
So in the 2.1 version of the mod, if I import your triforce ganondorf objects into a smash 3 ganondorf as a child and add a metal texture, would it work or will we need an updated psa for this?

Edit: tried importing as child and with the current psa, his upper half is stuck in a T formation...

Also if you have the brres file of your smash 3 version (hopefully on a smash 3 ganondorf) ready can you send it to me so I can help import it on the other smash 3 ganondorf costumes?

Mixed set 2.0 suggestions:
-Try to incorporate the sword taunt as a change in a couple moves (i.e bronze greek gods sword down-b is BA)

-If you still want that magic projectile to happen, what about having ganondorf launch it with his sword so we can truly play ten-I mean dead mans volley (and have the opponent be able to hit it back at you)

-Change the sword charge back into a side-b (when the taunt is used) and give it back the one turn it used to have

-When you don't use the down taunt, he'll resemble his PM moveset with the tweaks that you may add

-Up-b should be the teleport when you use the d-taunt moveset

-magic mode standard special should be his up-tant and have it do damage

-(sword taunt) down-a (c-stick) should be a bit faster

-(sword taunt) try to mix both the sword and magic mode into his aerial game

-use his side taunt to switch back to his PM-esque move set

-normal mixed ganondorf should have his double up kicks like in project m

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist

Will have an update soon.
Great news! Glad your back. old sword N-B as Fsmash sounds cool as heck! cant wait to try it out.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Ashingda if you see this then please send me your attempt over the smash 3 ganondorf, I know how to fix the sword being to bright (essentially the sword being pink) please send me the file ASAP so I can fix it and update my mod for the forthcoming update.

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
@ _Ganondorf_ _Ganondorf_ Thanks for clearing that up. I should be able to post an update this coming weekend. Just a few more things to add and adjust.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Can't wait for this update!
Btw, i know about PSA limits, so, i know that not everything is possible, so, i will ask about something possible to make - will there ever be included something like that projectile he uses in OoT in Wisdom mode? That won't allow us to play Ganonball with him, but oh well, at least its classic stuff. It certainly is possible to add since Brawl- Ganondorf can do that (he uses Super Scope's charged projectile instead of a fake projectile or an article, so, it isn't bound to such limits).

Last edited:

PukeTShirt

Smash Journeyman
So, this mod is absolutely fantastic. The only thing is that if we go full mixed mode, it becomes something that can't be used in a tournament setting, which kind of stinks. Are there any plans to have a mode where "fist mode" is just the default moveset, then either one of or even both of the other taunts switch him to a different mode? That's the one I really want.

Thanks for all your work through Ashingda!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
can u do this with your own skins?
No. Only models present in the pack and Triforce Ganondorf X Smash 3 models can be used. Any other will result in either weird stuff happening or Ganondorf swinging nothing and dealing damage with said nothing in sword mode. I would recommend using that Triforce Ganondorf X Smash 3 mod with this one because it looks nice and allows this mod to work properly.

Last edited:

Michael Howson

Smash Cadet
NNID
BrightKnight27
No. Only models present in the pack and Triforce Ganondorf X Smash 3 models can be used. Any other will result in either weird stuff happening or Ganondorf swinging nothing and dealing damage with said nothing in sword mode. I would recommend using that Triforce Ganondorf X Smash 3 mod with this one because it looks nice and allows this mod to work properly.
Okay thanks for the suggestion!

Michael Howson

Smash Cadet
NNID
BrightKnight27
Okay, thanks!

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
how do you change the sword model Ganondorf uses? Could you give me a link to the melee Ganondorf sword model that you used in the latest version? I'm using triforce Ganon v1.0 Mixed. Thanks in advance!:ganondorfmelee:

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
@ Jmanthesmasher683 Jmanthesmasher683
It takes a lot of preparation to get a model ready to be imported. Cant explain it without visuals, will try to write a tutorial later. Here is a link to a v1.0 mixed with melee sword.
OMG thank you so much! This will look awesome in my build. I actually can't afford 3ds max, so I'm unable to import models. I wasn't' t expecting you to take the time out to give me my own custom made ganon with a melee sword. Thank you for being so kind!

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Hey all, I'm quite excited for this update because of new features. Right now it's still experimental and is just aesthetics.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: Triforce Ganondorf v3.0 Mixed

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1hc2m8mq1x3uoqn/TriforceGanondorf v3.0.zip

To use Smash3 for this mod, get the skins from @ Cahalan Cahalan :
http://smashboards.com/threads/upda...3-0-the-ashingda-update.371223/#post-17712117

1. Etc. ...

2. AA "Jab combo"
Damage: 4,10
Elbow into sword.

3. F-Tilt "Sword Thrust"
Damage: 11~15

4. U-Tilt "Twin Magic"
Damage: 2,1,1,1,10

5. D-Tilt "Low Kick" (No Changes)
Damae: 12

6. F-Smash "Sword Smash"
Damage: 22
The old sword neutral-b

7. U-Smash "Sword Upper"
Damage: 17~22
Animation changed on sword.

8. D-Smash "Ground Stomp"

9. Dash-A "Tackle"
Damage: 10~15
No changes

10. N-Air "Tri Magic"
Damage: 1,1,1,10
Slight increase in range and repositioned.

11. F-Air "Skull Breaker" (No Changes)
Damage: 17
Puts the sword away.

12. B-Air "Twin Magic Air"
Damage: 13
Not much changed.

13. U-Air "Upper Cut" / "Thunder Sword"
Damage: 5~13 / 8~17
The Sword U-Air has been slowed down and has larger hitboxs.

14. D-Air "Thunder Stomp" (No Changes)

15. Special-N "Chance!"
Damage: 10~18
Able to Turn again, damage has decreased.

16. Special-S "Flame Choke" (No Changes)

17. Special-U "Warp"
Damage: 4
Can only use once now.

18. Special-D "Spin Slash"
Damage: 14,14
Animation updated, moves forward now.

17. Special-D (Air) "Meteor Fist"
Damage: 4, 8~17
This hit now hits at the startup and also Meteors. The vertical range has decreased.

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Hey all, I'm quite excited for this update because of new features. Right now it's still experimental and is just aesthetics.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: Triforce Ganondorf v3.0 Mixed

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1hc2m8mq1x3uoqn/TriforceGanondorf v3.0.zip

To use Smash3 for this mod, get the skins from @ Cahalan Cahalan :
http://smashboards.com/threads/upda...3-0-the-ashingda-update.371223/#post-17712117

1. Etc. ...

2. AA "Jab combo"
Damage: 4,10
Elbow into sword.

3. F-Tilt "Sword Thrust"
Damage: 11~15

4. U-Tilt "Twin Magic"
Damage: 2,1,1,1,10

5. D-Tilt "Low Kick" (No Changes)
Damae: 12

6. F-Smash "Sword Smash"
The old sword neutral-b

7. U-Smash "Sword Upper"
Damage: 17~22
Animation changed on sword.

8. D-Smash "Ground Stomp"

9. Dash-A "Tackle"
Damage: 10~15
No changes

10. N-Air "Tri Magic"
Damage: 1,1,1,10
Slight increase in range and repositioned.

11. F-Air "Skull Breaker" (No Changes)
Damage: 17
Puts the sword away.

12. B-Air "Twin Magic Air"
Not much changed.

13. U-Air "Upper Cut" / "Thunder Sword"
Damage: 5~13 / 8~17
The Sword U-Air has been slowed down and has larger hitboxs.

14. D-Air "Thunder Stomp" (No Changes)

15. Special-N "Chance!"
Damage: 10~18
Able to Turn again, damage has decreased.

16. Special-S "Flame Choke" (No Changes)

17. Special-U "Warp"
Damage: 4
Can only use once now.

18. Special-D "Spin Slash"
Damage: 14,14
Animation updated, moves forward now.

17. Special-D (Air) "Meteor Fist"
Damage: 4, 8~17
This hit now hits at the startup and also Meteors. The vertical range has decreased.
Can't wait to test this out! But one concern I have is with only the Up B for recovery it might be insufficient.
The old Triforce v0.2 (I believe) sword mode only had the up B to recover with an it was insufficient. So in v0.3 you gave aerial side B a teleport as well.

I won't know until I test it. But I assume this will also be the case in this version. Unless I'm missing something?

TheLazy

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the update!

First thing I have noticed is that if you do up taunt - it brings out a second sword. Was this intentional?

Also, I find it interesting what you did for the down-B on the ground vs the air. Might it be possible to include a way to cancel out of the down-B in the air? I don't know if that would be best done before or during the actual falling down (as in, cancelling during the rising animation vs during the falling animation).

Has the ability to aim the F-tilt up or down been removed?

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Down-B (Air) gives you some vertical, but also sets you into a free fall.
Ok. Still like I said gotta test it out against some opponents. And than I'll see if it's too hard to get back to the stage or not.

Really excited to test this!

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Down taunt then up taunt equals Lloyd Irving, please keep this!

Last edited:
Top Bottom