• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Triforce Ganondorf Mod

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Hey @ Ashingda Ashingda after play testing for a bit against human opponents I started feel some of Ganon's smash attacks are rather underwhelming in strength/KO power. It became apparent even more when my opponent playing Mario would KO with his Down smash and side smash earlier than I did with my smashes. So I tested it out like so;
  • On Mario CPU (weighs at 100)
  • On Battle field from the middle of the stage
  • CPU level 9
  • No DI from CPU
  • Tested for percents were CPU hits the blast zone

Fist/Magic mode:
  1. Fsmash: 85% - meh strength for it's range maybe should KO at around 75-80%, and it also sends up it should send in a 65-70 degree angle instead
  2. Up smash: 85% - good strength no change needed
  3. Down smash: 75% - good strength no change needed

Sword mode:
  1. Fsmash: both hits: 105%, only sword: 110% - a little too weak if you ask me, and sends in a weird angle should KO at around 95 and 100% instead, angle should be 60-65 degrees. (*if you decide to have Fsmash to be a trigger into Sword mode than obviously the two hits won't combo into each other and it would work like Link's Fsmash instead, which I prefer actually).
  2. Up smash: 95% - good strength (especially for it's range) no change needed.
  3. Down smash: 115% - good strength but weird angle... should be a 70-75 degree angle instead.

On a good opponent who knows how to DI well the current angles and power of the smashes I made note of is a bit under whelming... I think a great way to really show case Ganon's abilities as the carrier of the Triforce of Power would be to make his smash attacks a true thing to be feared!

These are just my findings and I could be completely off base :\
What do you think?

On a different note: If and when you are able to make Neutral B a projectile and use it as a B across all modes would you consider giving Ganon light armor with is run? Or maybe on Down B (Wiz Spin)? As of now his current B is on of the only ways to deal with "spamy" projectiles like Dr. Mario's Pills or Falco Lasers. So if that armor is gone it would take that method of dealing with those characters. Or unless his projectile is a somewhat of fast option than that could possibly deal with the spammers?
Thanks for taking the time testing. Currently I'm not sure what I want to do with the elbow F-Smash, I'm in between re-designing it or just buffing it. As for sword mode, I'm trying to keep the sword power low to balance out the range. If need be we can buff it a bit. I'm not so sure of a projectile right now, not going so well with the hack lol.

UPDATE: V2.1
http://www.mediafire.com/download/r86itoji541yyps/TriforceGanondorf+v2.1.zip

Changes:
- Costumes, added OOT Ganondorf and Demise but Demise dont look so good, might want to switch it.
- Got rid of Triggers. It was too confusing to use.
- All three modes are only accessed by taunts.
- All Taunt speed increased.

(Power)
- New Up-B animation. Trying to make this usable with both fist and sword.
- Trajectory/knockback changed on U-Tilt.
- Speed up Jab combo

(Wisdom)
- Up-B is now just Teleport. It's the old 2 teleport that deals damage.
- Add Neutral-B. It's his up-taunt animation with magic balls.
- Up-Taunt animation is changed to Wait2.
- Trajectory/knockback chagned on N-Air.

(Courage)
- Add Sword B-Air
- Add Sword U-Air, but new animation. Hits straight up like link. Not as powerful but lots of range.
- Add Sword Dash-A, fixed up animation
- Jab combo is now fist,sword.
- U-Smash slowed down.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Thanks for taking the time testing. Currently I'm not sure what I want to do with the elbow F-Smash, I'm in between re-designing it or just buffing it. As for sword mode, I'm trying to keep the sword power low to balance out the range. If need be we can buff it a bit. I'm not so sure of a projectile right now, not going so well with the hack lol.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/r86itoji541yyps/TriforceGanondorf v2.1.zip

Changes:
- Costumes, added OOT Ganondorf and Demise but Demise dont look so good, might want to switch it.

(Power)
- Speed up Jab combo

(Wisdom)

(Courage)
- Add Sword B-Air
- Add Sword U-Air, but new animation. Hits straight up like link. Not as powerful but lots of range.
- U-Smash slowed down.
Awesome stuff. Thank you.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist

http://www.mediafire.com/download/r86itoji541yyps/TriforceGanondorf v2.1.zip

Changes:

(Power)
- Speed up Jab combo

(Wisdom)

(Courage)
- Add Sword B-Air
- U-Smash slowed down.

Going to test this very soon. I'm a little disappointed about triggers being gone I was getting quite fond of the play style but it's good either way... But, will you consider having only one trigger? From Fsmash in Fist mode you press A again to activate the second hit with the sword and than you transition to Sword mode after. I think this would fit so well and would be great to just throw out in the middle of the match to throw your opponent off and than your opponent will have to adjust "on the dime".

About redesigning Fist mode Fsmash- you can have it be something similar to Wolf's with less range. Use the Warlock punch animation and just "fold" his arm in that animation to an elbow attack, than it would match his "elbow dash" to sword slash pretty much exactly from his TP fight (@ 1:10 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx0Yfg6EasQ ).

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Going to test this very soon. I'm a little disappointed about triggers being gone I was getting quite fond of the play style but it's good either way... But, will you consider having only one trigger? From Fsmash in Fist mode you press A again to activate the second hit with the sword and than you transition to Sword mode after. I think this would fit so well and would be great to just throw out in the middle of the match to throw your opponent off and than your opponent will have to adjust "on the dime".

About redesigning Fist mode Fsmash- you can have it be something similar to Wolf's with less range. Use the Warlock punch animation and just "fold" his arm in that animation to an elbow attack, than it would match his "elbow dash" to sword slash pretty much exactly from his TP fight (@ 1:10 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx0Yfg6EasQ ).
Those are good ideas! Will be using them.

Here's some screenshots of the costumes.

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
@ Ashingda Ashingda - I gotta say that this version is the best Ganondorf ever! bar none. everything works so well. The new Up B animation and hitbox is great the magic mode neutral B and the teleport allow so many awesome mix ups. everything is very fluid and feels great to play. I have no idea what else you can do to make this current moveset any better (or more balanced) than it is right now, well maybe except a projectile but that is neither here nor there. Great work!

Hope to see the pig Ganon custom and HW as a part of this mod soon it would make it even more fun!

Granfalloon

Smash Cadet
Sounds super good. I have to rebuild my iso every time there's a Triforce Ganon update but it's well worth it. I'm actually happy that the triggers aren't sticking, they were tough to get used to.

I really hope down taunt to sheath sword comes back at some point.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
His Teleport Up-B might need some adjustment, He doesn't change direction when using teleport, and he fails to grab the ledge when looking away from the stage, (Perhaps on his second teleport he can face direction left or right.)

Last edited:

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
His Teleport Up-B might need some adjustment, He doesn't change direction when using teleport, and he fails to grab the ledge when looking away from the stage, (Perhaps on his second teleport he can face direction left or right.)
Ahh I knew I forgot something :D.

I posted a video.

-Edit-
Ya know I was joking to a friend about making a Triforce Link, would be cool to use that giant hammer or that giant sword.

Last edited:

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
been a while since I did more than lurk on this thread, but this is a great update. I love the costumes, somehow feels very satisfying to play OoT Ganondorf with that wicked looking sword that he used in one of his melee victory taunts. fantastic work with the sheath!

love the new nair too, and a lot of the swapped and new moves. you even extended his grab range.

I have to be "that guy" and say that I actually laughed out loud when I saw the new down b though. at the very least it looks different that Falcons, but I don't know. something about the way it looks is just... goofy. just being honest.

this continues to be an amazing mod

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Nah man, new down B is freaking awesome! Love that new animation very "wizardy" looking.

McMarth

Smash Cadet
2.1 is a super solid update! In particular, Wizard mode feels even more like its own thing now.
This is definitely the best triforce ganon yet.

I know that you're looking into making a projectile from his article, and I hope that works out because a projectile would likely bring sincere tears to my eyes. Best of luck.

Also, like @ _Ganondorf_ _Ganondorf_ I too love the down b animation. Please keep it forever. :)

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I figured out why I thought it looks funny to me... it looks exactly like Fox's 64 fsmash, except he's also flying over the ground lol

I don't dislike it per say, it'll just make me laugh every time i see it

UltimateHylian

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yorch2296
3DS FC
1650-2285-2395
Wow, I'm really speechless with the 2.1 update, it's really solid! Really digging all the new animations. Sword's. New up tilt feels nice to land.

About the f-smash, are you still considering the cape swing I suggested a while ago? Not sure which mode it'd fit better, but I'd go for the magic mode I you ask me.

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
@ Shadow Huan Shadow Huan
I'm glad you enjoy it LOL

@ UltimateHylian UltimateHylian
If I come around to animating a cape attack, I might use it. Even with removing a lot of the other animations I'm reaching the memory cap again.

Thanks all, also @ Caporai Caporai just gave me a heads up about a variable that holds the value to the current costume. This might be useful to add some interesting elements.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
@ Shadow Huan Shadow Huan
I'm glad you enjoy it LOL

@ UltimateHylian UltimateHylian
If I come around to animating a cape attack, I might use it. Even with removing a lot of the other animations I'm reaching the memory cap again.

Thanks all, also @ Caporai Caporai just gave me a heads up about a variable that holds the value to the current costume. This might be useful to add some interesting elements.
Something tells me that:
Fire attacks might be implemented on Trident Pig Ganondorf
Thunder attacks from Demise
Shadow attacks for Ganondorf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plKczgZtB34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4oxVYYMQAE

Last edited:

LOL DUDE

Smash Cadet
Very nice update! Makes me really want to learn how to make moveset hacks! (However, I am kinda missing his default idle animation.)

I think Demise would look better if he had physics on his waist-cape-thing. Right now, it just looks like it's glued to his legs.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Do you think you could use these models for the OoT Ganondorf in place of the one you have? These ones are updated with better textures and moving faces. Their filesizes aren't too big either luckily. Just a question.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Do you think you could use these models for the OoT Ganondorf in place of the one you have? These ones are updated with better textures and moving faces. Their filesizes aren't too big either luckily. Just a question.

those are really good!!!

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Those two were ones I got off of KC:MM. Ashingda if you want them I can give you the files. I think these two would look better for this mod. It's up to you.

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
I got some news, my gaming laptop is dying one me. Only got a cheap old one now, so I won't be updating for a while until I get a new machine.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Well that's unfortunate to hear. I hope you can get a good one. So how do you like those two models I sent you?

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
@ Ashingda Ashingda - that's a shame :( sad to hear that. But you did leave us an amazing update with v2.1 so I think it can hold us over for quite a while :)

Hope you get your self a good machine soon, I can't imagine what I would do if my gaming computer died on me...

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
@ Ashingda Ashingda - just to keep in mind once you are able to get back to this project;

- Fist mode Down smash is a great move I love it! never change it. But sometimes on certain characters (Dr. Mario and Ike I noticed) when I hit with the top portion of the attack's hit box they get sent the down wards in opposite direction than the one I'm facing while sliding on the floor. Don't know why, but maybe some further tweaking is needed. But it isn't a big deal and it's quite funny at times :)

- On stages that the platforms move, or change like Picto-Chat, Frigate Orpheon, Distant Planet, Fourside etc. If I land with an Up-b or sometimes land right after preforming a jump or Neutral Air above the platform Ganon freezes and I have to wait for the opponent to hit me to get out of the frozen state. This happens very rarely and I cant really point my finger as to when this happens or why, but this also used to happen with the older versions so it isn't something unique to v2.1 only. Again it happens very rarely so it might be difficult to recreate but I guess it something to keep in mind.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
It happens whenever the Up-B would be edge-canceled. It was the same when the old sword mode Down-B tried to to edge-cancel. Ganondorf would freeze until being hit.
So that's why triforce ganondorf likes to freeze on certain stages... Wonder why this happens.

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
This is the coolest non PMDT PSA ever along with marioking64 's Waluigi. But it has Ganon so its awesome level is over 9000.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Has anyone been able to add rim light to any of these character models?
If so help walk me through it because so far I've been unsuccessful.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
This is a great mod that im now using as default one. Good luck with it if you will want to update it. The only things i don't like are his default recovery (nearly impossible to be used as such and can't be canceled, so, you will go down quickly even if you could have grabbed the ledge if you would go a little bit further forward) and his eyes which are always in their final smash ready for use state. Maybe Hairdorf could be used somehow, either as an alt (i doubt it will ever be an alt since he requires custom model) or at least moveset inspiration.

Daeyrat

Smash Journeyman
Some moveset suggestions. I know implementing all this is difficult and there's a limit to animations. More of a personal brainstorm. Maybe you like something.

Power FSmash: Stomp (actual DSmash)
Power DSmash: Brawl version
Power USmash: Brawl version.
Power NeutralB: Give it armor (like in Smash4)
Power FowardB: Shorter but upward explosion (like in Smash4 custom move)
Power DownB: Powered up Smash4 custom move. Longer startup.
Power UpB: Make it his Smash4 hit-only UpB (custom)

Courage DownB: Run and slash (actual B)
Courage Neutral B: Smash4 custom sword move. Warlock Sword.
Courage UpB: Increase shockwave size

Wisdom DSmash: Make it his rising and exploding (actual Wisdom B). Just don't rise.
Wisdom B: Eletric projectile. As I suggested, use his Brawl Stand A animation + Pikachu's aerial Thunderjult projectile
Wisdom UpB: Remove second teleport. Airdodging is better than any second teleport anyway.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
This is a great mod that im now using as default one. Good luck with it if you will want to update it. The only things i don't like are his default recovery (nearly impossible to be used as such and can't be canceled, so, you will go down quickly even if you could have grabbed the ledge if you would go a little bit further forward) and his eyes which are always in their final smash ready for use state. Maybe Hairdorf could be used somehow, either as an alt (i doubt it will ever be an alt since he requires custom model) or at least moveset inspiration.
I actually absolutely love the new Up B for Fist and Sword modes. It's so nice to use when timed correctly on an oppenent that is trying to edge guard you inefficiently. Much safer against edge guarding than his regular PM one imo, I love it.

The Incinerator

Smash Cadet
I don't know if any of you are still trying to create a smash 3 character model that is compatible with this mod but if someone is I thought I'd let you know that the smash 3 team has decreased the file size of their ganondorf model to better work with mods like this one as well as having released a rim light tutorial. I hope one of you may eventually get these two mods working in conjunction as they are my two favourite mods on the forums

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Um has anyone gotten the metal box with this mod, because for me, when I get a metal box, the metal textures don't show up.

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking about the Triforce Ganondorf Frankenstein version using the moves from the various sword and magic versions that have been released and combining them. I tried to describe the moves in this move list. I certainly trust Ashingda, he has always done such an amazing job. I don't know if you would want to try to make something like this or if anyone would be interested. It seems cool to me and if there is a chance we could get a mixed version with a moveset like this, then it would be foolish not to post it. Never know, and won't have a chance unless I try right.

Ganondorf

Neutral attack: Thunder Punch and Slash

A quick left handed jab with a lightning effect, followed by another neutral A causes Ganondorf to slice downward with his sword in his right hand. (2.1 Sword form jab attack)

Forward tilt: Dark Orbs

A pair of darkness balls, that spin around each other, that Ganondorf pushes forward, then raises up in front of himself. (2.1 Magic form up tilt)

Up tilt: Shock Stomp

Ganon raises foot vertically and does a very quick stomp on the opponent. (Lightning effect) (2.1 Power mode down smash)

Down tilt: Lightning Quake

Gets lightning in his hand then hits the ground with the lightning. (2.1 Magic form down smash)

Dash attack: Iron Slash

Dashes forward swinging the sword horizontally slashing in front of him. (2.1 Sword form dash attack)

Forward smash: Nightmare Lunge

Elbows with darkness effect, pressing A before the end of the elbow animation will connect into a secondary hit with his sword. (2.1 Sword form forward smash)

Up smash: Uppercut Slash

Jumps up slightly swinging sword from down to up in an uppercut motion, swinging the sword in an arc over his head. (2.1 Sword form up smash)

Down smash: Spin Attack

Spins around with sword for 2 strong hits. (2.1 Sword form down smash)

Neutral aerial: Aerial Dark Orbs

3 darkness balls move around him clockwise vertically. (2.1 Magic form neutral air)

Forward aerial: Air Slash

Forward slashing horizontally in front of him, with a slight downward angle. (2.1 Sword form forward air)

Back aerial: Reverse Dark Orbs

Puts out 2 darkness balls that spin around each other behind him. (2.1 Magic form back air)

Up aerial: Exploding Dark Orbs

Up taunt animation with 3 darkness balls rotating around him horizontally, before exploding. (2.1 Magic form neutral B) (Gives slight vertical distance. 25 frames of lag before next action, can follow up with another up air) (Another balance possibility is making it so you can only use 1 up air until you land)

Down aerial: Thunder Drop

Brings down an electric stomp. The most powerful meteor smash in the game, though unlike Captain Falcon's down aerial, it cannot spike opponents. (2.1 all forms down air)

Neutral special: Thunder Sword

Builds up energy in his sword before jumping forward bringing his sword downward with both hands for powerful strike, holding forward or back adds direction to his jump. (electric effect) (v 0.3 neutral B, but maybe with slightly better hitboxes. Though the current 2.1 Sword form neural B is great too. Whichever you prefer.)

Side special: Flame Choke
(Every form side B)

Up special: Darkness Teleport

Only teleports up, but can angle it. You can act after it and it has hitboxes on portal. If used a second time in air, the distance is shorter and causes freefall. (2.1 Magic form up B)

Down special: Dark Dive

Jumps up with darkness effect falling slowly, can attack while falling to cancel the slow fall. Hitting down special in the air causes Ganondorf to slam down with a darkness effect. (v0.3 Magic form up B, 2.1 Sword form up B would also be great here too.)
[spoiler/]

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Hey maker of this.

Really nice awesome looking mod. I hope this becomes inspiration for a new Ganondorf moveset in PM. But the question I have is that it seems overpowered.. Does anybody have gameplay of the latest update version of the mod?

Top Bottom