• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toys, Toys, Toys! The Toy General Discussion

murdokdracul

"What do you mean you support Yoshimitsu?!"
NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
A question for toy experts: who's seen those little action figures that Sakurai uses to plan movesets? Does anyone know where I could get one, or something very similar? I think they'd help me to draw people with the right proportions and in some interesting stances. Regular artists' mannequins just aren't posable enough.

Also, Bionicle is my favourite toy line ever, mainly because of the story. Mata Nui Online Game was fantastic, and the main theme from the movie trilogy makes me want to cry. Kopaka was always my favourite character, and I'm devastated that he was left halfway through a story when they abandoned the series.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
A question for toy experts: who's seen those little action figures that Sakurai uses to plan movesets? Does anyone know where I could get one, or something very similar? I think they'd help me to draw people with the right proportions and in some interesting stances. Regular artists' mannequins just aren't posable enough.
This is the first time I heard this. Sakurai uses figures for movesets?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I actually had to search this up on Google but they are apparently from the "Microman Series".

I'm not going to lie, these guys look pretty good for blank, multi-colored figures with many points of articulation. I can see why Sakurai would use them.

Speaking for Smash, I remember gawking over the old Joyride Samus action figure that was sold in the early '00s.

It's too bad she goes for $100+ on eBay since I would have bought her in a heartbeat. I love the Super Metroid Varia Suit.

murdokdracul

"What do you mean you support Yoshimitsu?!"
NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
This is the first time I heard this. Sakurai uses figures for movesets?
Yeah, he explained it in a Japanese article around the time of Brawl's release. It was recently translated and shared on the Smashboards homepage.

I actually had to search this up on Google but they are apparently from the "Microman Series".
Awesome. Thanks! I'll see if I can get one.

Edit: So according to Wikipedia, Microman is a direct predecessor to Transformers. That's pretty cool. Also, I can't find those basic, blank figures to buy. That's not cool.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
So glad such a thread like this exists. Anyways, I'm quite the avid nendoroid collector although I've only been collecting them since 2013. First one was Kuroyukihime from the anime Accel World. My latest one, Celty from Durarara! arrived last week and it looks greaaat.

Also, I wouldn't be called LucarioDude without a Lucario collection

Below in the spoiler is the rest of my ever-so-growing nendoroid collection (They're currently just on my desk but I really need to get a glass cabinet.:
Kuroyukihime, Black Rock Shooter, Sinon

Renge, Cynthia, Red

Akagi and Kaga

Hinata and Mikasa

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I posted this months ago, but this is only a fraction of the Toy Story toys that have been taking my money and occupying space on my shelf:
IMG_0309.JPG

From left to right we have Mr. Potato Head, Zurg, Sarge (he's hidden in there), Wheezy, Mrs. Potato Head, Slinky (behind Buzz's arm), the Aliens, Lenny, Buzz Lightyear, Sheriff Woody, Bo Peep, Jessie, Bo Peep's sheep, Hamm (or Mr. Evil Dr. Porkchop if you want to get technical), Bullseye, and Rex who's head is cut off. I also added some ABC blocks that spell out "DISNEY", "TOY STORY", and "PIXAR" (this one is also cut off) along with the Poultry Palace and Buzz Lightyear Spaceship boxes.

Mind you, I have four more shelves worth of Toy Story toys but these guys are on top. I'll try to get pictures of the others at some point.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I hope you can share a photo of that collection, I would like to see if Mattel improved, I have a WWE collection too, but it's from the Jakks Pacific Line
NXT Rocks indeed :p
Mattel is a HUGE improvement.
Compare this:

To this:

This was the SDCC 2010 exclusive Ministry Undertaker I mentioned. They're rereleasing this figure next month as part of the Defining Moments line, the only difference is he'll have eyes painted in instead of 'rolled up', and would make a great entry point for your own collection if you're thinking about it. I'm actually planning to pick up a second one myself, just to display him without the cape on.

I'll upload pics of my collection when I can get pics off my phone.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
When I said I was going to review some of the toys I own, I mean more of giving them a grade and supporting why they deserve such. I'm going to start with the Toy Story Collection line before I move to other miscellaneous replicas until I ultimately acquire the Medicom Ultimate Woody.

For those of you who do not know what the Toy Story Collection (TSC for short) line is, I would like to introduce you to this short video by the director of both Toy Story 1 & 2, John Lasseter.
I'll start off with the main duo: Sheriff Woody and Buzz Lightyear from the Toy Story Collection Line.

Toy Story Collection Woody

Grade: A-
While his face is a glaring inaccuracy that detracts from the "replica" aspect that is advertised, he still does resemble his on-screen counterpart quite well. His jeans are made from real denim (unsure if this is kept for the "Signature Collection" re-releases) and his cowboy hat has the fabric loops on the bindings. One thing that I really would like to give this figure credit for is the detailed hair on Woody's head that show the different streaks of brown. One of my favorite phrase inclusions is "Yeehaw, cowboy! We gotta get this wagon train a movin'!" that was heard briefly in the original Toy Story.

Why an A- instead of an A? Woody's facial expression is completely different from his "freeze expression" when Andy is a round. Rather than an opened mouthed smile, he should have a closed mouthed smile with symmetrical eyebrows. In addition, the length of his pull-string is shortened (most likely due to safety reasons) and the ring is larger than the one shown in the films. Even though I'm not really nitpicky on phrases included since I generally never pull his string, the lack of "Somebody poisoned the waterhole" and "I'd like to join your posse, boys. But first I'll sing a little song" are absent (the latter was from a deleted scene so that may be the logical reason for its absence). Finally, the form of the hands is different from Woody's neutral and open handed form during his toy mode. Even though Woody does have some glaring inaccuracies that irks a hardcore Toy Story collector, it doesn't really detract from its quality and appearance.

Toy Story Collection Buzz Lightyear

Grade: A
In my opinion, Buzz Lightyear is the one toy throughout the whole line who closely resembles his on-screen appearance with the amount of features he has right down to his mold. His mission log is able to be opened with ease and comes with its own interesting sound effect. In fact, Buzz Lightyear has the most sound effects when a button is pressed, his helmet is moved, and when he his held horizontally (that's his "falling with style" mode). In addition, Buzz is the most articulated of the line with the ability to move a variety of his joints, including his torso. This provides the collector with the ability to put him in a variety of poses.

Buzz's downsides are actually few. The most glaring of them are his limited arm range that prevents him from posing in his trademark laser pointing pose.

In addition, Buzz's wingspan should not be pointed down, compared to his thinner and transparent wings seen in the films. Other features that are not present is the inability to press the violet buttons on Buzz's helmet to move his helmet back (the Disney Store Buzz Lightyears do this) and karate chop action (the Disney Store Buzz integrates this feature as well). Regardless of these features, Buzz is easily the most accurate of the line and is a must for any Toy Story fan or toy collector, alike.

I'll do Rex and RC next time.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Alright. I forgot to post this a while ago. Some promotion happened and Microsoft gave Conker plushes. There were 2 versions. Normal Conker and "Its War!" Conker. I do believe the War Conker came with accessory's. Sadly, I was only 4 or 5 when Live and reloaded came out and my family was not too fond with Microsoft or Rare.

The plushes look really nice considering how many company's screw up making merch for certain things.

Also, here is a vid of some guy messing around with them.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Finally my figures arrived, but I'll focus on this one first.

S.H. Figuarts Super Sailor Moon

This figure is both improvements and minor setbacks

Sculpt and features:
First of all, the body sculpt is completely new, which is notable on the thinner legs and slightly longer waist.
Accesory wise it has the Spiral Moon Heart Rod and the Holy Grail; this means this figure is based on the 3rd season (so no Moon Kaleidoscope)
It comes with 13 interchangeable hands that can be put in those lego stuff pegs (check photo in spoiler) to prevent losing them.
She has a total of 4 faces that accurately show the drawing style used in Sailor Moon S and later seasons; showing a more mature Usagi with rounder and better stylized eyes.

DSC03598.JPG

The plastic box containing the accesories is really well packed and the pegs allow a easier storage for the high amount of hands
And like with many Figuarts, there's a presonalized stand to place the figure with the infamous claw to hold it

Articulations:
As the previous figures of the line, this one is really posable due the high amount of articulations, but the arms movement is limited due the transparent shoulder pads of the Sailor outfit.
The figure feels really stiff, specially on the legs, so trying to do some dynamic poses can be hard. I don't see that as a problem, because the stiffness reduces after some uses, but sometimes a figure can be really hard, so using some warm water over the stiff joint helps. In my case the figure was stiff enough to cause one of the legs to pop off while moving it to the front.
DSC03600.JPG

Small comparison of the articulations, S. Sailor Moon has a somewhat limited range compared to Venus, this is caused for the hard shoulder pads and the plastic of the skirt is less flexible, also the lower back bow is solid, thus limiting the movement more.

Paintjob:
This figure partially followed the pattern of the previous Sailor Moon by using transparent hair ends, the same applies to the back bow tails. The paint in the outfit is pearlescent like the other Senshi of the line, the frontal ribbon and boots are a combination of red and pink in a solid no-metallic color (the previous SM figure had metallic burgundy colors), the lack of that metallic tone is a major improvement because it favors the accuracy of the figure even more. The Spiral Moon Heart Rod and Holy Grail are perfectly painted, which is really nice considering the size of those accesories.
DSC03601.JPG

The pearl tone paint job makes the figure shine a lot, the reddish pink of the boots is a nice contrast
However the transparency of the hair can cause divided opinions regarding the accuracy of the figure. The back bow with transparency actually can be considered accurate tho.

Quality Control:
Unfortnunately this figure has its sloppy stuff, considering this body model is new, Tamashii/Bandai struggled a little bit as usual, In my case: One side of the waist is bigger than the other, causing assimetrical poses, there's a paint transfer from the ribbon to the chest, the Spiral Rod has a white smudge of paint (probably a paint transfer of the table where the rod was left to dry) and there's a really small black stain in her left inner thigh.

Overall this figure is great and well done despite the defects, and is definetly better than her predecessor in terms of paintjob and articulations (this one is stiff, but the previous one was considered really loose and with a unreliable peg system for the hands)
Unfortuntely those articulations get limited for the elements of the outfit.

Conclusion
The sculpt is really solid, the figure stays firm even without her stand
It is slightly taller than the previous SM Figuarts, showing that Usagi grew up as the series advanced
It has a lot of hands that along with the Rod and Grail allow many poses
The faceplates are spot on

-----
The stiffness can be a problem for some first time buyers of the line
The transparency of the hair is still awkward sometimes, also the fringe look too detached from the rest of the hair no matter how hard you push that piece in
A soft plastic back bow or some joints in its tails would have worked better for posing because doing the Rainbow Moon Heart Ache finishing pose is almost impossible

I give this figure an 8/10 and I completely recommend it for any Sailor Moon fan, specially for its accesible price.

I hope the readers enjoy this condensed review

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Awesome review, Burning Mandala. I've been looking forward to your impressions of your long awaited Sailor Moon figures. I'm impressed by how in depth you went into the figure from the initial sculpt and features right down into the quality control. I know from experience that quality control is a major issue with mass produced products, occasionally resulting in peculiar variants.

I guess one suggestion to your review would be to include a short "conclusion" where you state what you liked (the "+'s") and what detracted from the full 10/10 (the "-'s"). Otherwise, great review!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Awesome review, Burning Mandala. I've been looking forward to your impressions of your long awaited Sailor Moon figures. I'm impressed by how in depth you went into the figure from the initial sculpt and features right down into the quality control. I know from experience that quality control is a major issue with mass produced products, occasionally resulting in peculiar variants.

I guess one suggestion to your review would be to include a short "conclusion" where you state what you liked (the "+'s") and what detracted from the full 10/10 (the "-'s"). Otherwise, great review!
Thanks, glad you liked it.
I thought of including a conclusion with a list of pros and cons, so I'll include it now :p

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
So this thing is super epic.

The Perplexus is already a cool puzzle toy, but now it's Deathstar themed and it has LEDs and lights at random spots within so it looks like there is are light saber and blaster battles going on inside it.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Just when I thought The Incredibles didn't make much merchandise for Mrs. incredible, I was slightly wrong. A few days ago, I stumbled upon an 11 inch prototype Elasitgirl action figure. With all prototypes, it did not have a finished painting but this was the mold:

At first glance, it's obviously not Mrs. Incredible but rather younger Helen Parr, "Elastigirl". This is supported by the hairstyle and outfit.
The prototype does beg the most obvious question: why was she scrapped from production? Was it because she wouldn't sell? I doubt that might have been the case since even Edna Mode received a figure and she only had a fraction amount of screen time. Whatever the reason, Mrs. Incredible still received the least amount of merchandise compared to the rest of the Parr family.

If I run into some spending money, this would be an interesting figure to obtain.

Last edited:

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
I saw a Kirby plush at GameStop. However, I was window shopping with my friend and I don't have any money so I couldn't buy it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Has anyone seen "First Gokin Cerebral"

The best Krang figure ever made, ...unofficially made.

I'd totally be into getting that

If $200 for a figure was in my budget

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Don't mind me. I'm just toying around with some of these cool figures.
Stitch seems the most affordable out of the three after I splurge on the Medicom Woody that's getting released December 2nd.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
A special Bandai Tamashii Nations event took place yesterday and tons of figures were announced, I'll post only the highlights to prevent clogging the post with many photos
The long awaited Super Saiyan 4 Goku finally appeared, unfortunately this prototype looks really unpolished, so the final figure will take some time.

New Figures form this series include (all the figures are S.H. Figuarts except where noted):
Dragon Ball:
-Kid Goku

Dragon Ball Z:
-Saiyan Armor Trunks (Super Trunks)
-Goku Angel Ver. (with aureola and wings)
-Goku (with the clothes he used on the very end of DBZ)
-Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta (based on the Raging Blast game)
-Super Saiyan 3 Goku (Figuarts ZERO)

Dragon Ball GT:
-Super Saiyan 4 Goku

Dragon Ball Super:
-Super Saiyan God Goku (the pink one)
-Beerus
-Whis
-Champa
-Vados

Continuing with the promotion of Soul of Gold, a Myth Cloth EX of Loki got revealed

In the same line of MCEX, the rest of the 12 Gold Saints were revealed in their Divine Cloths
Also a new line of figures named D.D. Panoramation was unvelied; which is basically "budget figuarts" that have an average size of 10cm, all the Gold Saints were shown for this line, but I have no photos available.
This new line is pretty nice imo, because the regular Myth Cloth EX line is overly expensive now (over $100 USD) thanks to the dollar inflation.

Definite highlight and personal favorite: Black Lady
Bandai finally listened and made a Figure of a villiain

The new figures are:

-Sailor Moon, R version (with the Cutie Moon Rod and wearing the Crystal Compact)
-Black Lady
-Wiseman (unartculated figure, implied to be bundled with Black Lady)
-Princess Serenity (Figuarts ZERO)
-Holy Grail (Proplica)
-Cosmic Heart Compact (Proplica)
-Sailor Uranus (Tamashii Buddies)

This line is steadily expanding, now Akane with short hair was revealed, hopefully Ryoga and Genma will follow

The Figures announced are:
-Ranma Saotome (Male)
-Akane Tendo (Short Hair) with P-Chan
-Shampoo (Human)

Other figures unveiled were
-Mega Man X (Tamashii Buddies)
-Zero (Tamashii Buddies)
-Naruto (Tamashii Buddies)
-Sasuke(Tamashii Buddies)
-Keychain Chogokins

Probably more figures will get revelaled soon today, this time from occidental series like the Avengers

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Why didn't I know about this until now!?!

They have freddy and foxie too

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Considering the Smash Roster is complete I'll make a small list of high quality articulated figures that could fit well in a Smash Bros. Roster Collection.

I'll use some abvreviated terms to not clog the list with repetitive text.
OOP= Means the figure is old (more than a year) and doesn't have a recent re-issue (Out Of Production); expect it to be expensive
NR= The figure already was announced but it hasn't released yet
RI= Reissue of the figure incoming/recently reissued
OP= Overpriced because its popularity, if the figure is also OOP....expect hell
MT= Has some time in the market since release/last re-issue (commonly a year old), not hard to find but the price probably increased a bit
FIS= Figure commonly In Stock; the figure is easy to find and is not really expensive
LE= Limited edition or webshop exclusive (commonly both), this means the figure has a short run so the price will inflate in the future.
BW= Bootleg Warning, there's pirated versions of the figure, so be extra careful while searching for it

All prices are in USD and are average prices as the date of this post and the year indicates the time of the most recent release of the figure (for example, Mario was originally released in 2014 but it got reissued in 2015)
Consider the prices may vary in the future due the devaluation of the Yen and other economic factors
-----
SH Figuarts Mario (2015, FIS, RI, BW)
$25.00

SH Figuarts Fire Mario (2015, FIS, LE)
$35.00- $65.00

Included as a nice alternative color + the fireball accesories
SH Figuarts Luigi (2014, FIS, MT)
$30.00-45.00

SH Figuarts Yoshi (2015, FIS)
$45.00

SH Figuarts Bowser (2016, NR, LE)
$60.00

Figma Link (2015, FIS, RI)
$40.00

If you want to start a figure collection this is a huge recommendation, Figma Link is the average joe of the figmas and one of the most popular ones, considering it has 3 re-issues

Nendoroid Link, The Wind Waker Version (2015, FIS, OP?, BW)
$50.00

Figma Samus (2014, MT)
$55.00-70.00

Figma Zero Suit Samus (????, NR)
$??.??
[No official photos of the prototype yet]

Figma Pit (2013, OOP, OP)
$150.00-230.00

Figma Dark Pit (2013, OOP, OP)
$150.00-230.00

Nendoroid Kirby (2016, NR)
$45.00

SH Figuarts Pikachu (2016, NR)
$40.00

I only added this one because it is articulated, but it's awfully scaled so any random Pika from Takara Tomy would fit better

D-Arts Charizard (2013, OOP, OP, RI?)
$200.00-400.00

In this case I recommend something alternative, this figure is extremely expensive, but a re-issue may become a reality

Mega Charizard X Plastic Model Kit from Bandai (2014, MT, FIS)
$20.00

Not as big, articulated as DA Charizard but it does the job of the Final Smash... and is not expensive as hell

SH Figuarts Lucario (2014, MT)
$45.00-60.00

The most recommended of the Pokémon figures because no bootlegs and the price is pretty nice

Mega Lucario Model Kit by Bandai (2014, MT)
$25.00-40.00

D-Arts Mewtwo (2013, OOP, OP, BW?)
$200.00-500.00

This figure is nightmare because the overly inflated price and unkown status of bootlegs; it is better to use a Burger King toy or something, or beg for a re-issue

Figma Lucina (2015, OP)
$85.00-130.00

This one is fairly recent but it sold like pancakes and the price keeps inflating like a Pooka getting bodied
If you really want it, get it nao, before it reaches a Pit/Mewtwo stage of overpricing.

Nendoroid Marth (2016, NR)
$40.00

Is a chibi representation obviously, but it's something isn't it?

Figma Solid Snake (2015, OP?)
$60.00-80.00

D-Arts Mega Man (2012, OOP)
$90.00-$150.00

This one is tricky to find (type Rockman in the searches for better results), so I included the Nendoroid as alternative

Nendoroid Mega Man (2016, NR)
$50.00

Play Arts Kai Ryu (2011, OOP, BW?)
$150.00-$200.00

Play Arts Kai Ryu - Black Version (2011, OOP, LE, BW?)
$150.00-200.00

Despite the black gi Ryu is marked as Limited edition, the prices are mostly similar between the two Ryus; even some of the figures can be found at lower prices, however the Bootleg status is unknown so be careful

Play Arts Kai Cloud Strife - Advent Children Ver. (2015, OP, RI, BW)
$180.00-260.00

Figure is recent and boss, but bootlegs are like a plague, thankfully there's going to be a 2016 re-issue, however the figure is still expensive due its size and accesories (the Buster Sword is as big as a professional kitchen knife)

Play Arts Kai Bayonetta (2010, OOP)
$140.00-230.00

Is pretty nice to see this one at a "stable price" for such old figure, grab it while you can because the Smash popularity will inflate the price eventually.

NOTE: Play Arts Kai uses a different scaling for figures; the avg. of a Figuarts/Figma is 5-6 inches, while PAK averages 9 inches.

All of these figures are amazing and posable to recreate many Smash scenes or any scene you want, but obviously buying them all is something kinda extreme (buying everything from the list would cost more than $3000 if you include shipping) so it is better to pick 1 or 2 preferably with the FIS mark to start because those can be found at official internet stores, while others need a long trip to eBay.

Also there's pretty good low priced alternatives like the World of Nintendo figures that include Mario, Bowser, DK, Link, etc.
But in cases like Lucina the only thing to do is try luck to get a Figma

This is obviously a list of suggestions but in the end a figure collection is the way you want it to be.
The source of the images and some info is myfigurecollection.net ; check that site for more stuff related to the figures and alternatives.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
The revival of the century!

On the topic of Nintendo figures, there is the 12" Medicom Link that sells for $170+ anywhere on the internet. I traditional Medicom figure fashion, the toys start out very expensive at first but the price gradually lowers as the months progress. It's the main reason why I'm holding out until my birthday to purchase the Medicom Ultimate Woody.

Even though I don't have the wallet for them, the famous Hot Toys figures are must-have for detail-obsessed nerds who want a 1/6th scale figure that really captures the likeness of the actors on screen. These are teh recently announced Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice figures:

The only downside is that a single figure sets you back $300+ due to their heavy detail and accessories. Still, they make nice display pieces. Even Star Wars: The Force Awakens is in all the collectibles:

For any of you collectors out there, what are some of your go-to sites for items? I mainly rely on Amazon and eBay since they have a wider selection for the Toy Story collectibles available. Most major retailers have limited Toy Story items which makes the two sites an asset for collecting.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Do plushies count as toys because Oh man, do I have a lot of them. This Gourgeist one was the first I got from Pokemon Center and I never let that thing out of my sight

It is the softest thing ever. All of Pokemon Centers toys are amazing quality from the five I have gotten.

Apparently, the Japanese version of this has magnets in its hair and some people got the Japanese one and some didnt. I could go on and on about Pokemon Centers toys

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
TIL there's a First Order Stormtrooper Riot Control SH Figuarts

TR8-T0R

Release Date is May 2016

Kritzkrieg

Smash Cadet

I got this plushie about a year ago when it first went on sale. Really soft, and it can speak with four different voice lines.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
For any of you collectors out there, what are some of your go-to sites for items? I mainly rely on Amazon and eBay since they have a wider selection for the Toy Story collectibles available. Most major retailers have limited Toy Story items which makes the two sites an asset for collecting.
I just saw this question lol
I get my figures from Distribuidora Animéxico, a company that imports official merch from Bandai, Goodsmile, ThreeZero etc.
I found out about that company when I got a Sailor Mars bootleg figure in a mall; I got mad because of that and I searched about offcial distributors and I found them, they have a sub-store in Chihuahua, México called Duel Zone; those guys are very professional and cool and helped me to get the rare Sailor Moon Figuarts Anime Color Edition on eBay. So far I bought all my figures with them and I'll continue to do that.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Definitely not mine but I surfed the web to find images of the Medicom Woody's box. Needless to say, I'm impressed just by how he's laid out. His stand looks far more collectible worthy than the Toy Story Collection version. I wish Medicom would make a Buzz and Jessie just to round out the main trio. Regardless, this is the most screen-accurate Woody doll available...for $350 as the MSRP.

I know what I'm saving my money for in February.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have not bought a single collectible in a year

Some of the collectibles I've bought have increased in price though

I could make some good money if I sold the ones I have

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
TIL there's a First Order Stormtrooper Riot Control SH Figuarts

TR8-T0R

Release Date is May 2016
Here's a complete list of First Order Riot Control toys, for all your traitor-shouting needs.

Star Wars The Force Awakens 12-inch Assault Walker - $30

Star Wars The Force Awakens Black Series 6in Figure Set (Target Exclusive) - $40

Funko Pop Star Wars: First Order Stormtrooper (Riot Gear) [Walgrens Exclusive] - $18

Star Wars Micro Machines Pack Ultimate Saga Battles (Toys ‘R’ Us Exclusive) - $45
(

)

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Question; what toy is the Holy Grail of your collection?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Question; what toy is the Holy Grail of your collection?
Easily, the Young Epoch Woody I scored for a cheap price of $190 on eBay last year.

In early 2015, I went into a deep slump in terms of Toy Story collecting since there weren't any new merchandise being released despite the film's 20th anniversary. Rather than get frustrated and bug Disney Consumer Products, I turned to eBay to find some sweet deals on the rare Young Epoch line of Woody's Roundup toys. The figures included Woody, Jessie, Prospector, and Bullseye in four different variants: black & white, vintage, full color, and the Tokyo Disney Resort. For my birthday, I bought the vintage Woody's Roundup Woody for $180 after finding the listing . I would have been content with that Woody if it had not been the fact that a different seller sold the Tokyo Disney Resort Woody for [at the time] $400.

At first, I was shocked to see it in person but I didn't want to pay such a steep price for him so I waited it out. With each subsequent relisting, the figure went down. Eventually, it came down to $190 and I had enough money at the time. Now, I can proudly say that I own not one but two Young Epoch Woody dolls.
IMG_0330.jpg

Nowadays, I'm currently saving up for the Medicom Ultimate Woody figure that is the most accurate replica of Woody to date. That figure will be the most I spend on a single Toy Story replica...unless I pay $300+ for a Young Epoch Prospector first.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
After some weeks of well-informed scouting, I was able to come across a plethora of Medicom Woody images. The amount of detail Medicom put into replicating Woody's on-screen appearance is outstanding. While it has its obvious flaws such as lackluster vest and the inability to pull his string, these drawbacks are minuscule in comparison to how lively it looks.

Not mine but I found two pictures that really explain what sets him apart from the Toy Story Collection editions.

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
After about two years of development, the Zero Suit Samus Figma finally has a prototype!

Not only that, but Figma has teased a new Samus figure based off her look in Metroid Prime: 3 Corruption!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's an interesting place for articulation

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I haven't posted in this thread in ages and I won't promise any frequent updates but I'll just make a mega dump on all the toy happenings that have occurred in the past few weeks.

The item I'm the most interested in is the Revoltech Deadpool figure. He includes many different hands, eyes, and masks that can be put in a variety of poses. One of the main issues that this figure is running into is that he has licensing issues due to Hasbro's ownership of the distribution of certain Marvel characters. Listings from Amiami and Hobby Link Japan have been pulled and most buyers are in the dark regarding what's going on.

Probably the weirdest figure here but Bandi has teamed up with Pixar to turn Woody, Hamm, Rex, Slinky, and Bullseye into a Voltron-inspired figure. The Sheriff Star is around 9 inches tall. Personally, I hope that they also announce Transitron alongside the upcoming Buzz figure since Transitron looks pretty cool to stand alongside actual Voltron figures.

Reposting Mythra Mythra 's post on the RAH Medicom Breath of the Wild Link. Based on the Skyward Sword Link's price range from $180-$200, I expect this Link to fall within that range.
Welp, BotW Link is getting a Real Action Heroes figure. Wallets will bleed.

It stands at 12 inches tall.
Price and release date is TBA
In addition, pre-orders are now open for the Other M Zero Suit Samus figma. Here's a link to a website with pictures and websites where she can be ordered.

And lastly, I wanted to show off my full Toy Story collection. It has been ages since I've taken a picture of the guys but I might as well post it here. I recently bought an accurate 1989 See n' Say and a used Toy Story Collection Utility Belt Buzz Lightyear which I made some space for. It's interesting to see how far I've come after many years of collecting.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Even though I've stopped collecting toys, I still have me story to tell.

When I was a kid, the two things I really enjoyed the most were Toy Story and The Lion King. I had a lot of Toy Story merchandise as a kid, and it's still in a box over at my house. The Woody and Buzz are in somewhat good condition, but I guess they aged out and the sound systems don't work anymore.

Whatever. They're still my toys, and I can keep them safe in the attic however long I want!

Two other toys I don't want to get rid of are a Cub Simba plushie on the shelf, and an Adult Simba near all my consoles, both just for show really.

Like some others, I don't believe that toys exist for the sole purpose of being played with. Instead, I believe their purpose is to be there when you need them. After all, someday I might become a father.

Last edited:
Top Bottom