• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Hades

Smash Cadet
I'm still seeing debate over the Mr. Prince leak. Heck, i'm still seeing people TALKING about the Mr. Prince leak. It really was just a coincidence. I thought we settled that it was complete bull? o.o Honestly, we don't even need evidence to disprove that thing.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
His leak is killing me. I want to discard it so bad, but it's the only link ToS has to hard evidence. The second somebody finds a shorter chain than mine, I will gladly pour the gasoline for the great purge from memory his leak warrants.

I did think of something, though... and I hate to be the one giving this guy any credit, but someone's got to do the dirty deed. Think of it like I'm showing you the open grave, and I'm begging you to grab a shovel and bury it for good.

The two characters in his leak who stand out the most, to me, are Wonder Red and Phazon Samus. He seemed totally sure that these were playable characters, until Wonder Red turned out to be an AT. As for Phazon Samus, is it possible he meant Dark Samus, who's also an AT?

Maybe you see where I'm going with this...

If there's anything to Mr. Prince's leak at all, I think he (or his source) saw some character models who moved around the stage like playable characters, and immediately assumed they were playable. We have Dark Samus in 3DS, and her AT does move around the stage in a manner that gives the illusion of a playable character - she jumps, she targets, she attacks, she sticks around for a while, and she even has a player cursor over her head (to match that of her summoner). The general tone of his posts sounds like someone who is overexcited and not very careful with his information. He's obviously not 100% correct, but... does that mean he's 100% wrong?

Is this a guy who really saw ToS? Is this a guy who really saw Smash World? Is this a guy who either saw moving character models or screenshots of these characters with player cursors over their heads, got excited, mistook them for playable characters, and hurriedly reported a mixture of ATs and playable characters as all being playable?

You keep saying "Smash World is a fairly generic name," and yet he gave a rather detailed description of a game mode that doesn't read like someone's fantasy. We have hard evidence confirming its existence (debatable whether it still exists). We can't simply let it go because it sounds like an easy guess, much as you and I both want to.
I really want to believe it, but I'm sorry the moment he says DLC, I'm on the fence. Maybe its true, but I'm keeping my expectations very low for it, lower than ToS.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
Just to lighten the mood this will be Ridley's amiibo in comparison to the others below X3
Only if he's playable my friend. We know that he's more or less a boss. But the possibility of Big Rids being more than just that is a fair chance. We'll just have to wait and see.

On another note, Ridley's amiibo will be 3x larger than the Giant Mario.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
http://archive.moe/v/thread/268030680/#268030680
Hey, everyone. I have something interesting to say regarding the development of Smash 4. Before I share it, I want to be absolutely clear that I do not have a friend that works at Nintendo, or hell, even a friend of a friend. I am actually apart of one of Nintendo's many teams myself, although I am not part of any of the development teams.

I'm here to set things straight, because honestly, it has been bugging me for the longest time. Let's start with this: take every Smash leak that has yet to be deconfirmed, then blow it out of the water. That's right. Tower of Smash and Ridley/Impa/Dixie Kong/Chorus Men/Mewtwo leaks are 110% fake leaks. Now, this might not come as a surprise to some of you, but for the sake of officiality, I must state this as someone who knows for a fact. To put it simply, there is no such information and we simply would not have it unless we were apart of the development team making that content. The only way we would have this information WITHOUT being on the dev team is if the content was actually implemented into playable form, and I've personally seen nothing of the like.

Now this might seem pretty funny, but the “leak” regarding Smash World, before the corresponding announcer audio file was found, is indeed a major coincidence. Or perhaps he does know something, but is adding the Tower of Smash ruse for giggles. Some of these are audio files for when playing the Wii U version with a 3DS. That is why there is a “Yellow Team” audio file; it's for the 8-player Smash. It is indeed 8 players on one screen, but this mode is playable on the Great Cave stage. It's massive, and having a 3DS opens up for more controls. I don't know if any other stages will be playable for this mode.

I'm just putting the pieces together based on what we got.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I'm pretty sure Wii U is going to have a lot more assist trophies than 3DS. That might account for Urban Champion, but Machamp is indeed a sticking point in my case. That would be a Pokeball character, and unless he moves around the stage like an AT and gains a player marker, which... well, crap, might actually be possible, given the type of character he is...
Actually, looking back at the post, the guy was saying "Machamp is being thought of"... even though he claimed the team were working on him in the same post.

He also never said Dark Samus, he said Phazon Suit Samus. Why would Samus have a 3rd slot? And she can't possible be an AT since it's literally Samus in a different power up.

http://smashboards.com/threads/supe...formation-thread.337544/page-49#post-17649420

He also tried to "leak" Mario Kart 8 DLC despite the two games are developed by completely different teams.

anddna

Smash Rookie

"Pic of the day. Tips will display in three columns in the Wii U version. There's more content, which includes descriptions of the original games. This game seems to never run out of easter eggs, even if you play it normally. Knowing that this will get translated into multiple languages, I shouldn't go overboard with the contents, though...."

Am i seeing way too much?

The "Zelda Nurse" got me thinking a lot... i actually doubt Sakurai just chose random tips... right???

Mewtwo's Shadow Ball?
Dixie being invented after Diddy?

idk man...

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
He also never said Dark Samus, he said Phazon Suit Samus. Why would Samus have a 3rd slot? And she can't possible be an AT since it's literally Samus in a different power up.

http://smashboards.com/threads/supe...formation-thread.337544/page-49#post-17649420
As a test, I Google image-searched "Phazon Samus," and there are more pictures of Dark Samus than there are of the correct Phazon suit. Apparently, the Internet has a common misconception that Dark Samus is Phazon Suit Samus. This might be another case of mistaken information.

Here's how I envision what went down... Mr. Prince relied on a third party to get him information. Somehow, there was a miscommunication that caused ATs to be mixed up with playable characters. When the information went sour, Mr. Prince did the diplomatic thing and pointed the finger at his source, before disappearing in a cloud of shame. Attempts to explain the situation as an honest mistake went unheard since the guy's reputation went completely down the tubes.

(Side note: I'm getting awfully tired of these anonymous /v/ posts claiming the leaks aren't real. Unless they come with proof other than "oh yeah I totally work for Nintendo," please stop posting them.)

marvel b

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2423-3428-7359
did anyone mention that a smash wii u direct was mentioned by sakurai in an interview for the near future? another pont for ToS leak!

Naoshi

did anyone mention that a smash wii u direct was mentioned by sakurai in an interview for the near future? another pont for ToS leak!
Everyone has discussed about the possible upcoming Direct already. The fandom isn't slow!

But I don't get how is this a point for the ToS leak? lol

marvel b

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2423-3428-7359
Everyone has discussed about the possible upcoming Direct already. The fandom isn't slow!

But I don't get how is this a point for the ToS leak? lol
naw, i'm just slow at this stuff. and to add on, didn't the leak say there is a direct coming?

Naoshi

naw, i'm just slow at this stuff. and to add on, didn't the leak say there is a direct coming?
Most if not every leaks claims this, though. That and many people expected a Direct to begin with!

EDIT: Reading the responses, I checked it myself and it didn't mention a Direct at all.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I would believe this could be real... But 8 player Smash ONLY on Great Cave Offensive? Sounds sketchy...

"Pic of the day. Tips will display in three columns in the Wii U version. There's more content, which includes descriptions of the original games. This game seems to never run out of easter eggs, even if you play it normally. Knowing that this will get translated into multiple languages, I shouldn't go overboard with the contents, though...."

The "Zelda Nurse" got me thinking a lot... i actually doubt Sakurai just chose random tips... right???

Mewtwo's Shadow Ball?

idk man...
You're looking too much into this just a tad... :laugh:

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
@ KenboCalrissian KenboCalrissian 's speculation is certainly food for thought. If nothing else, kudos to you for playing devil's advocate with these leaks.

Also I love your analogies and totally want you to write a novel so I can read it okay

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
@SilverWind1 Ahhh... crap, that's a good catch. Maybe we do need to take that deconfirmation seriously...

@ KenboCalrissian KenboCalrissian 's speculation is certainly food for thought. If nothing else, kudos to you for playing devil's advocate with these leaks.

Also I love your analogies and totally want you to write a novel so I can read it okay
Hah. As one might expect, I'm not very popular among the office. I think my coworkers fail to understand I actually want to be wrong, and the reason I take the unpopular stance is to force others to look at a problem from all angles to make sure we've covered all our bases.

Also, I totally am writing a sci-fi novel in my spare time, been slacking off due to lack of motivation though. If you want to see some of my writing, you should totally check out my Dwarf Fortress story. Made it to the Hall of Legends and everything, just sayin'.

Last edited:

Naoshi

Interesting thing to note that Great Cave Offensive was said to be a level that normally doesn't play the same rule-

This is what I get for slacking off :laugh: Thank you for pointing it out before I did since I was being a :079:

D

Deleted member

Ok, good point, but:
(WARNING! POSSIBLE STRAW GRASPING COMING UP! :laugh: )
Sakurai said RARE. As in, doesn't usually happen in a stage. If he said this stage has some rules that are NEW to the Smash Bros. series, then yeah, I'd give it some credit.
I thought of this too, but I guess I would attribute it to language/translation differences. Even official translations on the Smash Bros. website are sometimes worded in a "strange" way. But you raise a fair point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Mewtwo's Shadow Ball?

idk man...
:glare: Not again

First the clouds and the rocks on the freninja trailer and now this.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
FYI, unless Ice Climbers can be fixed for the regular 3DS, you can probably forget about 'em. I know it sucks to hear, but it might be a cut till the next generation of Smash games. The rest might be okay to come back, clones or otherwise.

:glare: Not again

First the clouds and the rocks on the freninja trailer and now this.
That weird thing in Greninja's trailer about Pac-Man did actually look legitimately like it. It's not nearly as bad as the oddly animated fingers he had. There was definitely no webbing there. I can believe it was hard to animate, though.

SevenGameSet

Smash Apprentice
Man some of you guys worry about the leak too much
I bet $50 if I "a nintendo employee" went to 4CHAN! and said the leak was fake with some amazing evidence someone somewhere would be shaking in there boots about the leak
I know you don't wanna get disappointed but really? worrying because he said something different from other "Nintendo Employees"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom