• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
It was posted on the Smash Facebook page, which is an official source, so it's highly likely will find out more about this stage some time this week, if not tomorrow.

It's definitely The Great Cave Offensive, there's really no debating that, but it could have been a mistake by the leaker. In my stage analysis, I said there hasn't really been a clear "Mt. Dedede" in the games that could work as a stage, outside of the boxing ring which would be completely redundant. If there's nothing that screams Mt. Dedede about this stage when we find out more, I think we can consider it a soft disconfirmation of the leak, but if more details that line up with the leak are revealed in other areas of the game, Im willing to believe the leaker just got one wrong.
well gematsu was like that so this is possible

Strofirko

Smash Master
We are running in circles, people should hold their anxiety.

Last edited:

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
I hope we get a relevant PotD tonight, otherwise this flame war is going to continue indefinitely.
theres a flame war already...why.....
also you know how sakurai is he sometimes just doesent like us with those pic of the days im guessing something to do with localized 3ds version

Last edited:

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Without an official name of the stage and nothing more than just a very vague picture zoomed on a minecart, this doesn't debunk anything AT ALL. Untill official announcement of what is that stage and how it works by sakurai himself, anyone saying "UHHH FAKE UHHHH IM SO SMART UHHHH" or any stupid negative comment or baseless opinion saying it's fake means NOTHING at the moment. So , untill then, that silly and vague picture doesn't debunk anything at all for me, it could be very well one of the stages in the list. period.

And i'm not saying this because im too attached to hope or anything, i'm just not a brainless close minded person, i actually analyze anything i see and i don't jump to conclusions without solid proof. Thats all. If anyone doesn't believe anymore, you can easily leave this thread, simple as that. No need to close anything due to negative and baseless conclusions.

Last edited:

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
Without an official name of the stage and nothing more than just a very vague picture zoomed on a minecart, this doesn't debunk anything AT ALL. Untill official announcement of what is that stage and how it works by sakurai himself, anyone saying "UHHH FAKE UHHHH IM SO SMART UHHHH" or any stupid negative comment or baseless opinion saying it's fake means NOTHING at the moment. So , untill then, that silly and vague picture doesn't debunk anything at all for me, it could be very well one of the stages in the list. period.

And i'm not saying this because im too attached to hope or anything, i'm just not a brainless close minded person, i actually analyze anything i see and i don't jump to conclusions without solid proof. Thats all. If anyone doesn't believe anymore, you can easily leave this thread, simple as that.
but i feel the need to say anything i dont like as fake :(

jrocy247

Smash Rookie
gamer/game&wario onett smashville and possibly obital gate Great fox
Gamer is not the name that's on the list, What's on the list is INCREDIBLY vague guess of a name of the stage. It would be no doubt that Wario would've gotten a new stage.

The stage is going to be called Orbital Gate, there has never been a starfox stage where it's strictly called "Great Fox"...Not to mention, the Great Fox isn't even the stage that we take place on at the most of the time. Once again, Guessing while being INCREDIBLY Vague.

Onett is the only one that's surprising....however most returning stages can be surprising and random put in.

One thing I've also Noticed is that he put Skyworld in his list........But we have Palutena's Temple which is basically Sky world...That doesn't make sense

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 268018

Most leaks are fake. Ridley and Mewtwo are not characters. If you take the Tower Of Smash, you take Ridley and Mewtwo with it. It is all or nothing. Sorry. This is branded fake. UNLESS....

Tower Of Smash actually turns out to exist. If it does, then this leak gains more credibility, and I would go as far as to say Ridley and Mewtwo were character ideas at one point, or ideas for DLC. But seriously. This is pretty likely to be fake. So just shut up, all of you, and wait for Nintendo reveals. Looking at leaks is like looking at abbreviated words on a receipt, trying to guess what your parents got you for Christmas. Don't ruin the surprise/false hope. And don't come crying to Nintendo when it turns out you didn't get your Mewtwo.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
but i feel the need to say anything i dont like as fake :(
As far as I know, personal preferences are not indications of anything being real or not real. They are mere opinions, not actual facts.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Do people realize if you were to personally create a list of possible stages, from Nintendo franchises, to be in the game... that you'd -- i don't know -- somehow come with very similar results as the leaks?

Fake or Real, the credibility ceases to exist in this regard as there can only be Nintendo relation in this game. Listing 50 stages is not impressive, truly. Only information that is rare has value. Something with Smash Tower at this point.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
Would you believe a leak if it claimed Meowth was in, instead of saying Ridley or MewTwo?

Last edited:

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Gamer is not the name that's on the list, What's on the list is INCREDIBLY vague guess of a name of the stage. It would be no doubt that Wario would've gotten a new stage.

The stage is going to be called Orbital Gate, there has never been a starfox stage where it's strictly called "Great Fox"...Not to mention, the Great Fox isn't even the stage that we take place on at the most of the time. Once again, Guessing while being INCREDIBLY Vague.

Onett is the only one that's surprising....however most returning stages can be surprising and random put in.

One thing I've also Noticed is that he put Skyworld in his list........But we have Palutena's Temple which is basically Sky world...That doesn't make sense
Just because the leaker was vague on his way to describe or name the stages, which most of all stages are lacking perfection, doesn't mean the leak is fake. So far, Orbital Gate is the name of a stage that involves the Great Fox, but in a more interactive and creative way, easily as a leaker, he could have just said Great Fox so we could understand what he meant.

Same with Game and Wario, if you say "Gamer", ppl won't get what you meant by that, it could mean anything and ppl would be clueless. So instead of naming it that way in his list for "us" to understand, the leaker/rumor author named it by the name of the game it originally came from.

Just because he wasn't precise on the names, it doesn't mean that what he is saying is fake or anything. After all, not everyone is perfect, and rumors are known to be not precise or perfect at the moment we hear them, so they have a 50/50% chance of being either right or false until an official announcement of something that makes it false or true. People need to understand this already and stop it with the "names" thing, it just doesn't get anywhere, it's rumors we are talking about, not official statements that require perfection in their phrasing.

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
どのようなステージがスマッシュ自体のタワーからのものである場合はどうなりますか?
What if the the pic is from Tower Of Smash itself?

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
I think they said on the caption that it was a stage, we don't know much about it though.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Looking at leaks is like looking at abbreviated words on a receipt, trying to guess what your parents got you for Christmas. Don't ruin the surprise/false hope. And don't come crying to Nintendo when it turns out you didn't get your Mewtwo.
Even this thread is only for discussions you totally nailed it the overreactions from the entire community right now.

Just use one post for all the replying next time.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
It could be, it could be from anything really. There just isn't enough information to confirm what is it from and what that place is called yet. So the chances are equal for anything, until we get actual confirmation of what is that picture's place all about, there is no really much we can talk about it, as i said before, the picture is too vague in general...

Last edited:

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Most leaks are fake. Ridley and Mewtwo are not characters. If you take the Tower Of Smash, you take Ridley and Mewtwo with it. It is all or nothing. Sorry. This is branded fake. UNLESS....

Tower Of Smash actually turns out to exist. If it does, then this leak gains more credibility, and I would go as far as to say Ridley and Mewtwo were character ideas at one point, or ideas for DLC. But seriously. This is pretty likely to be fake. So just shut up, all of you, and wait for Nintendo reveals. Looking at leaks is like looking at abbreviated words on a receipt, trying to guess what your parents got you for Christmas. Don't ruin the surprise/false hope. And don't come crying to Nintendo when it turns out you didn't get your Mewtwo.
We have the right to speculate and discuss rumors or leaks, that is what rumor threads are about, if you don't like them you can leave, easy as that. We don't need negative comments like yours right know that are only meant to be mean against those who speculate or have hopes on their speculations. If you don't like it, as i said, you can just leave, because clearly this isn't your kind of thread.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
The only thing I hate about the TOS leak is the lack of Wolf. If this is true then the roster would be ( by number of reps per series)
Mario: 7
Yoshi:1
Wario: 1
Game and Watch: 1
Donkey Kong: 3
Zelda: 6
Metroid: 3
Kid Icarus: 3:grrr::mad:
Fire Emblem: 4
Kirby: 3
Punch Out: 1
Star Fox: 2:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Pokemon: 6
Duck Hunt: 1
Gyro mite( R.O.B.): 1
Earthbound/Mother: 1
F-zero: 1
Animal Crossing: 1
Pikmin: 1
Wii Fit: 1
Xenoblade: 1
Pac man: 1
Megaman: 1
Sonic: 1
Mii: 1 (3)
Rhythm Heaven: 1
53-54 characters.
We really just have to wait on this one kind of like gematsu.The Mt Dedede thing leans more towards believable. Gematsu was believable until Captain Falcon arrived and Falcon Punched it ( along with Chrom)
I really hope the leaker was wrong and there are more characters ( like Wolf).

Last edited:

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
The only thing I hate about the TOS leak is the lack of Wolf. If this is true then the roster would be
Mario: 7
Yoshi:1
Wario: 1
Game and Watch: 1
Donkey Kong: 3
Zelda: 6
Metroid: 3
Kid Icarus: 3:grrr::mad:
Fire Emblem: 4
Kirby: 3
Punch Out: 1
Star Fox: 2:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Pokemon: 6
Duck Hunt: 1
Gyro mite( R.O.B.): 1
Earthbound/Mother: 1
F-zero: 1
Animal Crossing: 1
Pikmin: 1
Wii Fit: 1
Xenoblade: 1
Pac man: 1
Megaman: 1
Sonic: 1
Mii: 1 (3)
Rhythym Heaven: 1

I really hope the leaker was wrong and there are more characters ( like Wolf).
Maybe he wasn't wrong and DLC is always a possibility, you know.:4pacman:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
know what i think.We should all stop talking till tomorrow's pic of the day.That way the thread stays up and the flame war can stop.So far if you ask me it could go either way but there's no proof so can we wait a moment.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
know what i think.We should all stop talking till tomorrow's pic of the day.That way the thread stays up and the flame war can stop.So far if you ask me it could go either way but there's no proof so can we wait a moment.
I agree, we should be more excited about the upcoming picts of the day right now. Cya then!

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Maybe he wasn't wrong and DLC is always a possibility, you know.:4pacman:
I hope. If Wolf isn't in it will be the worst cut in smash bros history, yes worse than Mewtwo and Ice Climbers. The Tower of smash does sound cool,but I'm personally not to thrilled about Dixie ( I'd have preferred K Rool) , Impa, and Chorus kids. I'm not crazy about Mewtwo, but I haven't tried him out so maybe I'd like him. Ridley I think deserves in. Plus if this is true than Bowser, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Wario, Dedede ( debatable), Meta Knight (debatable), Bowser jr., and Ridley are playable, but not Wolf that's kind of how I feel. Its a little insulting if you think about it.

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
It's not really surprising a lot of people think it's fake, it's just a text post that, for all we know, made some lucky guesses. I'm not saying it's definitely untrue, but the only stage so far that makes it more than a 50/50 chance of being true for me is Smashville (it's even more redundant than Pokemon Stadiums 1 and 2 in Brawl). I'm really hoping we get a de/confirmation sometime soon.

I'm on the fence of wanting it to be true or not. On the one hand, the Tower of Smash seems pretty cool and the return of personal Break the Targets is great. (And Smashville returning means there's more of a chance that Town and City will get more Gamecube/New Leaf music tracks as it won't reuse the music from Smashville). Then again, no Ice Climbers and the only pre-Brawl stages returning were the ones that were in Brawl (although either of these could be changed with DLC later on).

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest

You also need to look at the flip side. Most people here aren't actually riding this leak as 100% as you insinuate. With speculation mostly gone because the game is out, people are just looking for something to talk about leading up to the WiiU version of the game. Now on to those, such as yourself who claim the leak is 100% fake, or are trying to antagonize those who hope its real, only leads to the disappontment being harsher for those folks, as now you've turned it into a conflict on who is right. If you are right, then people here who wanted it to be real are going to be more upset only leading to more complaining, and people like you who claim this was fake prior will try to rub it in, causing a ****storm because of it. Now on the flip side if you are wrong, then you will be viewed as a know it all, who only serve to impose their thoughts on to others, with no basis to go on. So on one hand you're going to have to either deal with angry fanboys, or be touted as a moron, pick your poison.

At the end of the day, the best course of action from the side constantly claiming this is fake, or simply not believing the leak, kindly just step away from the thread if all this talk bothers you so much. That way you don't have to put up with it, and the people believing it can of their own volition, and if its real, then everyone's happy, and if its fake, then the people who believed can only be disappointed on to themselves.

Last edited:

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
You also need to look at the flip side. Most people here aren't actually riding this leak as 100% as you insinuate. With speculation mostly gone because the game is out, people are just looking for something to talk about leading up to the WiiU version of the game. Now on to those, such as yourself who claim the leak is 100%, or are trying to antagonize those who hope its real, only leads to the disappontment being harsher for those folks, as now you've turned it into a conflict on who is right. If you are right, then people here who wanted it to be real are going to be more upset, and people like you who claim this was fake prior will try to rub it in, causing a ****storm because of it. Now on the flip side if you are wrong, then you will be viewed as a know it all, who only serve to impose their thoughts on to others, with no basis to go on.

At the end of the day, the best course of action from the side constantly claiming this is fake, or simply not believing the leak, kindly just step away from the thread if all this talk bothers you so much. That way you don't have to put up with it, and the people believing it can of their own volition.
Preach. If we're a bunch of idiots blindly stumbling towards disappointment, we're doing it willingly and don't need to be lectured.

ChillerDuu

Smash Cadet
I know we are all speculating hard on this Kirby stage, but I'll be the first to say I am absolutely elated in having a Kirby Super Star related stage! Great Cave Offensive no less (My favorite subgame in KSS)! Mt. Dedede or not, for what it is, does this not excite anyone else?

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
I still find the order of the stages by franchise to be pretty compelling evidence, but I guess that's just me.

I'd like to make my stance known that despite being a pretty big Ridley supporter (though not too big of one, har har), I'm only really concerned with Tower of Smash and the stage list. The characters could have been tacked on to the leak pretty easily. If they're true, then rock on. If not, then whatever.

Lu-Gi-Oh!

Smash Apprentice
Y'know guys, it's possible that it's a transforming stage and that Mt. Dedede and the GCO are both part of the same stage.

Especially considering that both locations are in what is technically the most recent console Kirby game.

Just thought I would bring up that possibility.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Y'know guys, it's possible that it's a transforming stage and that Mt. Dedede and the GCO are both part of the same stage.

Especially considering that both locations are in what is technically the most recent console Kirby game.

Just thought I would bring up that possibility.
Very good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom